Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (456) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1628301 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) ... (2210) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 7:37am On Mar 18, 2017
Manutd19:
Give Westbrook the mvp this season abeg. Dude plays for that individual award 70% of the time. So his efforts should be rewarded. Westbrook pretending he didn't want KD gone is what I don't like abt him. He had always wished this was his team.
Who is Curry? (In Westbrook's voice)
That Nigga always salty AF. He can't say he doesn't know who the two time MVP is, the guy who took his Bro KD cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Muna15: 7:48am On Mar 18, 2017
sapiosexual1:

By historic you mean minutes played? (that's similar to what you mentioned about a player being outta the coach's control) cos tbh I don't see no history other than his moving up the all time list in scoring and all that which is bound to happen for a player with such longetivity.
Harden and Westbrook to me are in the same argument.
KD and Kawhi too are in same bracket, quietly efficient, not spectacular. NBA i believe is a flair league, one for the numbers. But it's all good, a dozen games from having a surprise. James may surprisingly be named the MVP, and the pundits would bring out numbers to defend the decision. grin

Many people don't like LeBron but sentiments aside, I think the Dude has been phenomenal this season. His average of over 8reb and close to 9assists is the best he's ever had in his career. Aside that, He's been shooting the ball well from the 3point range ( Even better than durant, WB and JH).

It's obvious that the MVP award is between JH and Westbrook but I think we need not disrespect the 32-year old mofo. The guy dey ball abeg!
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 8:03am On Mar 18, 2017
sapiosexual1:

By historic you mean minutes played? (that's similar to what you mentioned about a player being outta the coach's control) cos tbh I don't see no history other than his moving up the all time list in scoring and all that which is bound to happen for a player with such longetivity.
Harden and Westbrook to me are in the same argument.
KD and Kawhi too are in same bracket, quietly efficient, not spectacular. NBA i believe is a flair league, one for the numbers. But it's all good, a dozen games from having a surprise. James may surprisingly be named the MVP, and the pundits would bring out numbers to defend the decision. grin
Bron is having career high in rebound and assist that is what I mean by historic not minutes.

And you think KD and kawhi don't have flair ? Their highlight plays are everywhere.
Except if by flair you mean always playing with a scowl on your face then yeah.
Am genuinely curious to see how WB performs in the playoffs what is he going to do ?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 8:06am On Mar 18, 2017
Muna15:

Many people don't like LeBron but sentiments aside, I think the Dude has been phenomenal this season. His average of over 8reb and close to 9assists is the best he's ever had in his career. Aside that, He's been shooting the ball well from the 3point range ( Even better than durant, WB and JH).

It's obvious that the MVP award is between JH and Westbrook but I think we need not disrespect the 32-year old mofo. The guy dey ball abeg!
his problem (James) is that he really needs to do something great in the regular season to get the award and he doesn't want to.
I don't think he'll ever win the MVP again he'll finish fourth this year.
Re: The NBA Begins by Muna15: 8:16am On Mar 18, 2017
SIRcumalot:

his problem (James) is that he really needs to do something great in the regular season to get the award and he doesn't want to.
I don't think he'll ever win the MVP again he'll finish fourth this year.

That's true. I think he's done with the regular season MVP award. All he wants now is the NBA title and that's why he becomes a different animal in the playoffs/finals.

I hope he gets 2 more rings though cool
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:13am On Mar 18, 2017
Muna15:

That's true. I think he's done with the regular season MVP award. All he wants now is the NBA title and that's why he becomes a different animal in the playoffs/finals.

I hope he gets 2 more rings though cool
Brother 2 more rings? Where does that leave KD?
Abeg KD deserves a ring or two jare, I don't want LeBron equating himself with The Ghost or even thinking he is better. Dude should just age quickly and retire to his Hollywood role.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:15am On Mar 18, 2017
SIRcumalot:

Bron is having career high in rebound and assist that is what I mean by historic not minutes.

And you think KD and kawhi don't have flair ? Their highlight plays are everywhere.
Except if by flair you mean always playing with a scowl on your face then yeah.
Am genuinely curious to see how WB performs in the playoffs what is he going to do ?
Roger that. Westbrook in the playoffs wouldn't be anything different from what we have seen already. If he gets past Utah, the big boys would put out his flame in 4 games.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 9:37am On Mar 18, 2017
birdman:

bball is 90% mental. those parking lot 3s he made cannot be practiced for, it was a mental space he was in...nothing you could do to stop that 3. I think he allowed the attention to get to him, which has thrown off his mental game some. If he ever regains that form, I will give mad respect..that 'microwave' switch is hard to turn back on once it turns off. If Im Curry, I'm getting off social media, and banning Ayeesha from social media too grin. You think adults are wise enough to keep some crap out of the home

Now anybody that sees the word "mental" will think you are saying he lacks mental strength. Oh, wait....
Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 9:41am On Mar 18, 2017
sapiosexual1:

Abeg KD deserves a ring or two jare, I don't want LeBron equating himself with The Ghost or even thinking he is better. Dude should just age quickly and retire to his Hollywood role.

Lebron will most likely win two more rings. I don't see him losing this year even if Durant comes back as he can't be 100%. Curry, Thompson at 80%+ would be better for any Durant's sloppiness against Cavs but for some reason those splash brothers are struggling with their shots.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 9:50am On Mar 18, 2017
Manutd19:

Lebron will most likely win two more rings. I don't see him losing this year even if Durant comes back as he can't be 100%. Curry, Thompson at 80%+ would be better for any Durant's sloppiness against Cavs but for some reason those splash brothers are struggling with their shots.

How you people come up with these things cracks the hell out of me. KD was MVP in 2014. 2015 he got injured against GSW in a game he scored 30 points by half time and that was the end of his story. The only thing KD needed to do to get out of the conversation was to get injured.

Again he is out of the conversation because he is injured even to the point that a younger Lebron (with a star-studded team) went 2-2 with respect to finals will all of a sudden become 2-0 on his last legs because KD will not be 100%. grin

I hate to take anything away from Lebron but no matter how he or Kyrie played last season, Harrison Barnes makes 2 more shots either in game 5, 6 or 7 and Lebron is stuck on 2. Science again.
Re: The NBA Begins by Muna15: 10:55am On Mar 18, 2017
Eruditor:

How you people come up with these things cracks the hell out of me. KD was MVP in 2014. 2015 he got injured against GSW in a game he scored 30 points by half time and that was the end of his story. The only thing KD needed to do to get out of the conversation was to get injured.

Again he is out of the conversation because he is injured even to the point that a younger Lebron (with a star-studded team) went 2-2 with respect to finals will all of a sudden become 2-0 on his last legs because KD will not be 100%. grin

I hate to take anything away from Lebron but no matter how he or Kyrie played last season, Harrison Barnes makes 2 more shots either in game 5, 6 or 7 and Lebron is stuck on 2. Science again.

cheesy
What area of science is that grin. I think you need to stop whining about your team's failure to win the title last year and just pray KD returns on time.

Baines didn't make the turnaround shot that you wanted. LeBron, Jeff, Love and others didn't make all their shots either. That's basketball for you. wink
Re: The NBA Begins by Muna15: 11:12am On Mar 18, 2017
sapiosexual1:

No doubt, He's one of the best players in the league but he needs prayers to get a ring or two. He's just too unlucky! He joined the warriors with the hope of getting a ring and now he's down, Klay and Curry are also finding it difficult to get their 3point groove.

You think that's coincidence?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:20am On Mar 18, 2017
Muna15:

No doubt, He's one of the best players in the league but he needs prayers to get a ring or two. He's just too unlucky! He joined the warriors with the hope of getting a ring and now he's down, Klay and Curry are also finding it difficult to get their 3point groove.

You think that's coincidence?........

Ok let's say it's highly spiritual then grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 12:14pm On Mar 18, 2017
In another unrelated news. Faze's "Kolomental" is proof that Curry lacks mental strength.

grin grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 12:16pm On Mar 18, 2017
Muna15:

cheesy
What area of science is that grin. I think you need to stop whining about your team's failure to win the title last year and just pray KD returns on time.

Baines didn't make the turnaround shot that you wanted. LeBron, Jeff, Love and others didn't make all their shots either. That's basketball for you. wink

I am not whinning. But Lebron has 2 more rings? Not even if he was proposed to 2 times.

Fax..no printers.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:31pm On Mar 18, 2017
SIRcumalot:

Kanter,adams and oladipo how now ?
dey don add taj Gibson.
what Westbrook is doing has become overrated to some extent,Harden carried the rockets to the 2nd seed in 13/14 with D12 who was injured and missed alot of games,Harden didn't get the MVP.
for me it should be either harden or kawhi because kawhi plays for Pop shouldn't count against him. if he wasn't on the spurs they wont be chasing the first seed.

Oladipo and Kanter have missed minimum of 10 games this year. Neither they nor Adams can boast of being top 5 at their position. What is a Taj Gibson? That one no even dey top 10.

In 14/15 Harden didn't get the MVP but he was in the discussion. Even the players chose him and he was 2nd in the main votes. Westbrook should finish no lower than 2nd

As for the Triple Double yarns the stats lucidly and blatantly show he has to get them for his team to win. So the idea he is padding flies out the window.

That Spurs team would make playoffs with or without Kawhi. Same can't be said for OKC. Kawhi can have an off night. Westbrook cannot have an off possession

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 1:12pm On Mar 18, 2017
This fantasy league is getting interesting. Birdman Nd SmooshCHN, you guys should trade your top players with me before you get eliminated abeg smiley
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:27pm On Mar 18, 2017
A40:

Oladipo and Kanter have missed minimum of 10 games this year. Neither they nor Adams can boast of being top 5 at their position. What is a Taj Gibson? That one no even dey top 10.

In 14/15 Harden didn't get the MVP but he was in the discussion. Even the players chose him and he was 2nd in the main votes. Westbrook should finish no lower than 2nd

As for the Triple Double yarns the stats lucidly and blatantly show he has to get them for his team to win. So the idea he is padding flies out the window.

That Spurs team would make playoffs with or without Kawhi. Same can't be said for OKC. Kawhi can have an off night. Westbrook cannot have an off possession
Aptly put brother , ppls just dey talk like say even double double na beans. How many of the Top players aside Harden and Westbrook are even averaging a double double for the season already?
Sometimes we need to put sentiments and bias aside in our assertions.
Let us kuku give Curry the MVP na, since his fan boys populate this space grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:22pm On Mar 18, 2017
Give it to Dion Waiters. Without him Heats won't be in playoffs convo.

I mean since lifting previous 8th seeds to 3rd pales in comparison to 6th placed triple doubles.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 3:59pm On Mar 18, 2017
A40:

is there anybody on the spurs or the rockets that is top 5 in any position (LMA does not qualify) and injuries are part of these game.
harden didn't get the MVP simple.
i have no problem with the TD but he his padding numbers what do you call your bigs boxing out so you can grab a rebound.
this thunder roster that can't identify a basketball now are the same one minus ibaka and KD that defeated the spurs and almost defeated the warriors,and if you think ibaka is some big loss ask the orlando magic if they would trade for him again.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:59pm On Mar 18, 2017
sapiosexual1:

Aptly put brother , ppls just dey talk like say even double double na beans. How many of the Top players aside Harden and Westbrook are even averaging a double double for the season already?
Sometimes we need to put sentiments and bias aside in our assertions.
Let us kuku give Curry the MVP na, since his fan boys populate this space grin grin
This is OKC's record when Westbrook scores and when he doesn't score a triple double. Everybody know say I no like Westbrook for anything but the guy dey try. His team competes every night and have beaten all the big boys bar Golden State.

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:11pm On Mar 18, 2017
Muna15:

I didn't even see your post before I dropped mine but it's good to know that many of us respect his hard work and leadership skills.
he earned it, he has been better this year. His team has needed his triple doubles to win or have a shot at the playoffs. I don't understand why people can't see past that. Last year when harden didn't really have shooters around him, his team struggled.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:12pm On Mar 18, 2017
A40:

This is OKC's record when Westbrook scores and when he doesn't score a triple double. Everybody know say I no like Westbrook for anything but the guy dey try. His team competes every night and have beaten all the big boys bar Golden State.
Leave mata for Mathias, the jury would be out soon.
I pray they give it to Curry, dude deserves it above everyone. Dude has been unplayable all season. grin tongue
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:12pm On Mar 18, 2017
SIRcumalot:

is there anybody on the spurs or the rockets that is top 5 in any position (LMA does not qualify) and injuries are part of these game.
harden didn't get the MVP simple.
i have no problem with the TD but he his padding numbers what do you call your bigs boxing out so you can grab a rebound.
this thunder roster that can't identify a basketball now are the same one minus ibaka and KD that defeated the spurs and almost defeated the warriors,and if you think ibaka is some big loss ask the orlando magic if they would trade for him again.
How does LMA not qualify? He no be Spurs player?

Harden finished 2nd which is where Westbrook should finish at worst

Are you saying Ibaka and K.D are not significant enough losses for OKC to struggle in the West. Because this your argument I no understand am rara. Ibaka was a loss. Orlando is a mess and if Ibaka was no good a contending Raptors would not trade for him

OKC are 28-6 when Westbrook scores a triple double. Topic conclude
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:17pm On Mar 18, 2017
When you people talk about assists sometimes I just laugh. Is it not when your teammates are making shots that you would talk about assists. If Oladipo and Roberson start with their brick fest are there stats that account for that? Bear in mind this is basketball where if I throw you pass the minute you dribble the ball it doesn't even count as an assist anymore

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 4:35pm On Mar 18, 2017
A40:

How does LMA not qualify? He no be Spurs player?

Harden finished 2nd which is where Westbrook should finish at worst

Are you saying Ibaka and K.D are not significant enough losses for OKC to struggle in the West. Because this your argument I no understand am rara. Ibaka was a loss. Orlando is a mess and if Ibaka was no good a contending Raptors would not trade for him

OKC are 28-6 when Westbrook scores a triple double. Topic conclude
his not a top 5 PF this season.
kawhi will get it best lock down defender on his team and first scoring option.
KD yes,ibaka no.my argument is simply,OKC got the better of that trade if they wanted to keep him he'll still be a thunder and the magic had to take another loss again just to get rid of him.
so you agree that his padding those number particularly the rebounds ?
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 4:45pm On Mar 18, 2017
SIRcumalot:

his not a top 5 PF this season.
kawhi will get it best lock down defender on his team and first scoring option.
KD yes,ibaka no.my argument is simply,OKC got the better of that trade if they wanted to keep him he'll still be a thunder and the magic had to take another loss again just to get rid of him.
so you agree that his padding those number particularly the rebounds ?

WB is leading in uncontested rebounds. Which means his players basically give way for him to get the rebounds.

He is a top 2 player this year and perhaps the best player according to individual stats but it is a different argument to say he is the MOST VALUABLE player. He is not.

The nomenclature even spells it out: he is the most valuable player to his organisation sure but what is his value WRT the league standing?

Harden is the most valuable player to his organisation and he has lifted them to 3rd in a difficult west.

He is clearly the MOST VALUABLE player when juxtaposed with WB.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 4:50pm On Mar 18, 2017
You just can't keep GSW out our mouth or Curry cheesy.. Who mentioned his name in this MVP conversation?
All I know is, the award is between Harden and Westbrook.. Fighting your bigs is still a no no for me but doesn't change the fact that he's a beast.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 4:51pm On Mar 18, 2017
lolawilliams:
This fantasy league is getting interesting. Birdman Nd SmooshCHN, you guys should trade your top players with me before you get eliminated abeg smiley
We're way past trade deadline already.. I'd rather give Lucious Paul George, John Wall than give you for reasons known cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 4:56pm On Mar 18, 2017
Eruditor:

WB is leading in uncontested rebounds. Which means his players basically give way for him to get the rebounds.

He is a top 2 player this year and perhaps the best player according to individual stats but it is a different argument to say he is the MOST VALUABLE player. He is not.

The nomenclature even spells it out: he is the most valuable player to his organisation sure but what is his value WRT the league standing?

Harden is the most valuable player to his organisation and he has lifted them to 3rd in a difficult west.

He is clearly the MOST VALUABLE player when juxtaposed with WB.
once you start trying to define what MVP means you going down a rabbit hole not many will follow.
their is a reason why the league didn't really define it and allow for a very broad interpretation.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 5:22pm On Mar 18, 2017
SIRcumalot:

once you start trying to define what MVP means you going down a rabbit hole not many will follow.
their is a reason why the league didn't really define it and allow for a very broad interpretation.

It is not even a definition. Every team has an MVP. Which MVP is more "MVP" than the other that's what I am saying. Take away triple double but keep OKCs winning record and WBs PPG and he would fall down the pecking order in this MVP debate.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 5:28pm On Mar 18, 2017
SmooshCHN:
You just can't keep GSW out our mouth or Curry cheesy.. Who mentioned his name in this MVP conversation?
All I know is, the award is between Harden and Westbrook.. Fighting your bigs is still a no no for me but doesn't change the fact that he's a beast.

I said same. He is a beast but calm down with the triple double jibes. Let me tell you something I just researched. ESPN ranked teams preseason and guess where they projected OKC to be in the west? 4th. Guess where Houston were projected to be? 9th.

You can check other rankings. NBA projected Houston 5th and OKC 6th. Yet all I keep hearing is how Harden has better players. Better players that nobody saw them to be when the season began.

(1) (2) (3) ... (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) ... (2210) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: larride(m), smokers, afrodoc2 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.