Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,722 members, 7,820,508 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (490) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1632372 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) ... (2216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 11:45pm On Apr 23, 2017
Donlittle:
Birdman, please tell me, if you are watching this game, does norris cole plays for houston? Lmao. This man is pathetic on both ends of the floor.

bwhahaha grin grin. was it that bad? I was driving long distance during the game
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:50pm On Apr 23, 2017
aliondo:

Norris cole played like houston paid him to make us lose...roberson was for defense tho.....

Lebron made players like N. Cole, M. Chalmers, and J. Jones look better than they truly are. After Lebron left, they are all struggling to hold roster places.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 11:52pm On Apr 23, 2017
2nd hand news is Kerr's issue is pretty serious - a complication from his surgery early last season (when Luke Walton stood in as coach). I hope this works out for him. Hopefully hes back by next series
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 11:54pm On Apr 23, 2017
SIRcumalot:

na still spurs in six last-last.

u dey stammer small o...u meant spurs in seven rite cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 12:02am On Apr 24, 2017
@Eruditor, have you watched this series at all? You don see Kanter play ball this playoffs? Oladipo nko?

Leave Thunder tactic to give WB ball like you say. Let's face the players on their own

I've seen better scrubs push through. They have been exposed way too much this postseason.

If WB is on the bench, why can't those players play ball anymore since the ultimate guy for the tactic ain't there? Did they lose their skill?

Why ordinary players no fit string pass again?
No IQ at all? From Gibson to Kanter to Chuck Norris grin

This is Kobe playing with Kwame Brown and Smush Parker all over again grin

If one man mopol no work, what of pound for pound? Shooting open shots? Paint attack? Fastbreak play? None of those players can do norrin

If Rockets didn't play with Harden, Thunder will still lose
If Thunde met Blazers on any other team, they will lose the series

Mind you the fans complained about these players when Durant was still there. Any loss then wasn't so obvious cos they had dem Durant, Harden, Ibaka.

If Oladipo can run the next unit as Donlittle said or Kanter show up small, just small ooo; this series would have turned out different.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 12:02am On Apr 24, 2017
I now know why LBJ is regarded as the best player...Norris Cole has two rings..cant imagine....
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 12:07am On Apr 24, 2017
we need another super star on our team.....trust me..wont mind having melo or PG on our team....Its quality over quantity any day.....
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 12:09am On Apr 24, 2017
Decale:
@Eruditor, have you watched this series at all? You don see Kanter play ball this playoffs? Oladipo nko?

Leave Thunder tactic to give WB ball like you say. Let's face the players on their own

I've seen better scrubs push through. They have been exposed way too much this postseason.

If WB is on the bench, why can't those players play ball anymore since the ultimate guy for the tactic ain't there? Did they lose their skill?

Why ordinary players no fit string pass again?
No IQ at all? From Gibson to Kanter to Chuck Norris grin

This is Kobe playing with Kwame Brown and Smush Parker all over again grin

If one man mopol no work, what of pound for pound? Shooting open shots? Paint attack? Fastbreak play? None of those players can do norrin

If Rockets didn't play with Harden, Thunder will still lose
If Thunde met Blazers on any other team, they will lose the series

Mind you the fans complained about these players when Durant was still there. Any loss then wasn't so obvious cos they had dem Durant, Harden, Ibaka.

If Oladipo can run the next unit as Donlittle said or Kanter show up small, just small ooo; this series would have turned out different.

I know the players are wack-a-mole but I always felt if Donovan had been designing a system to manage them since the season began they would have been managing leads or playing just ok without RW. They always look confused when RW is not playing and like everyone here I put it on the coach.

I have also agreed that Kanter, Adams and Oladipo have underperformed but what plans did Billy envision he would deploy when Russell is taken out of games for 10mins? Nothing. He left low IQ Bballers to manage leads and you people are wondering why they suck so bad.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 12:11am On Apr 24, 2017
This Bulls game no dey gree me watch this night.

Rondo is a huge loss...

Roland17, tell Stevens to bring back Amir Johnson grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 12:12am On Apr 24, 2017
birdman:
2nd hand news is Kerr's issue is pretty serious - a complication from his surgery early last season (when Luke Walton stood in as coach). I hope this works out for him. Hopefully hes back by next series

Make una no dey fear pesin. He did not look in so much pain after game 2. I just hope the complications are not like the alarmist chants some people made here when KD got injured against the Wizards. Someone even suggested he was out till next season.

May. GOD. HEAL. STEVE. KERR. IN. JESUS'. NAME. AMEN.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 12:13am On Apr 24, 2017
Eruditor:

I know the players are wack-a-mole but I always felt if Donovan had been designing a system to manage them since the season began they would have been managing leads or playing just ok without RW. They always look confused when RW is not playing and like everyone here I put it on the coach.

I have also agreed that Kanter, Adams and Oladipo have underperformed but what plans did Billy envision he would deploy when Russell is taken out of games for 10mins? Nothing. He left low IQ Bballers to manage leads and you people are wondering why they suck so bad.

Well, unto the next one for Rockets. Hearing Spurs Rocket matchup is exciting in places...
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 12:14am On Apr 24, 2017
Decale:
This Bulls game no dey gree me watch this night.

Rondo is a huge loss...

Roland17, tell Stevens to bring back Amir Johnson grin

You must watch am ohhh, even if it means strapping you with a metal seat belt.

I promised not to make game analysis on the Celtics until after this game.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 12:16am On Apr 24, 2017
Eruditor:

Make una no dey fear pesin. He did not look in so much pain after game 2. I just hope the complications are not like the alarmist chants some people made here when KD got injured against the Wizards. Someone even suggested he was out till next season.

May. GOD. HEAL. STEVE. KERR. IN. JESUS'. NAME. AMEN.

I said a big AMEN to your prayer, even though i already said mine.

I watched a clip of his interview, and he was struggling to keep his emotions. Recuperating from back surgeries are very tough, i just hope he comes back soon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 12:19am On Apr 24, 2017
Decale:

Well, unto the next one for Rockets. Hearing Spurs Rocket matchup is exciting in places...

Spurs first need to find a way around this grimy basketball that Grizzlies play. I know they will win it but for now, that series looks like a 7-game one.

Rockets vs Spurs on the otherhand will be very close but I give Spurs the upperhand because of better perimeter defending.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 12:23am On Apr 24, 2017
I can't watch this game anymore.

Green has exposed us enough. Butler is getting agitated

Perfect excuse to sleep...
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:47am On Apr 24, 2017
Decale:
I can't watch this game anymore.

Green has exposed us enough. Butler is getting agitated

Perfect excuse to sleep...

these playoffs are rough on the liver! na jus first round o
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:13am On Apr 24, 2017
This is what I've been saying even before the playoffs..
OKC didn't learn to play through themselves.. Supporting cast never learnt to play without together without Russ or they weren't even given the chance. Russell kept chasing TDs and everyone was happy. Now it's playoffs and you expect the team to just magically start playing well without Westbrook when all season long "You the fans, Donovan and the franchise allowed him" to keep going at the expense of other player's development. Don't blame Oladipo cos that guy was a beast and a leader at Orlando until he came here.
Golden State learned to play without Curry and Durant and even when the starters don't play, the supporting cast knows how to keep their pace cos they learnt. Though not a fair comparison but the point is clear.

I just feel OKC would've been much better if they had changed their game pattern and maybe adopted better ball movement like the Rockets, GSW and Spurs. You wouldn't notice so much flaws and everybody would've been always useful.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:20am On Apr 24, 2017
SmooshCHN1:
OKC didn't learn to play through themselves.. Supporting cast never learnt to play without together without Russ or they weren't even given the chance. Russell kept chasing TDs and everyone was happy. Now it's playoffs and you expect the team to just magically start playing well without Westbrook when all season long "You the fans, Donovan and the franchise allowed him" to keep going at the expense of other player's development. Don't blame Oladipo cos that guy was a beast and a leader at Orlando until he came here.
Golden State learned to play without Curry and Durant and even when the starters don't play, the supporting cast knows how to keep their pace cos they learnt. Though not a fair comparison but the point is clear.

I just feel OKC would've been much better if they had changed their game pattern and maybe adopted better ball movement like the Rockets, GSW and Spurs. You wouldn't notice so much flaws and everybody would've been always useful.
Stop it bruh, oladipo wasn't a beast, neither was he a leader, heck in Orlando, at some point, he was coming off the bench. If he was a beast or a leader, his team would have fought for playoffs. I doubt they even smelt the 8th position in the east, and this was some years back when the east was making the playoffs with bare 38 wins. He is a good player with a lot of potential. But he hasn't lived up to it yet, neither in Orlando, nor OKC.

You guys keep saying they can't play without Westbrook, yes that is true. So what about when Westbrook is on the bench? Abi basketball no be 48 minutes? RW is not out there playing 48 minutes. If the team bench is scoring 28 points, is that also Westbrook fault that they can't move the ball, nor score. Houston has luxury. You have Gordon and Lou coming off the bench at one point. One of those guys score more points than OKC bench. Is that also Russell fault?

Russell has fault in this btw, in the fourth, when things are not going his way, he shouldn't jack up shot like a mad man. I understand the frustrations, but jacking up shot like a mad man no they help. He no be Kobe,dirk, or Chef curry abeg.

Would have mentioned KD, but middle finger to that knucklehead anyways. grin

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:36am On Apr 24, 2017
Donlittle:

You guys keep saying they can't play without Westbrook, yes that is true. So what about when Westbrook is on the bench? Abi basketball no be 48 minutes? RW is not out there playing 48 minutes. If the team bench is scoring 28 points, is that also Westbrook fault that they can't move the ball, nor score. Houston has luxury. You have Gordon and Lou coming off the bench at one point. One of those guys score more points than OKC bench. Is that also Russell fault?

Russell has fault in this btw, in the fourth, when things are not going his way, he shouldn't jack up shot like a mad man. I understand the frustrations, but jacking up shot like a mad man no they help. He no be Kobe,dirk, or Chef curry abeg.
grin
SmooshCHN1:
OKC didn't learn to play through themselves.. Supporting cast never learnt to play without together without Russ or they weren't even given the chance. Russell kept chasing TDs and everyone was happy. Now it's playoffs and you expect the team to just magically start playing well without Westbrook when all season long "You the fans, Donovan and the franchise allowed him" to keep going at the expense of other player's development.

Better now? I feel zero pity for the franchise. They're all at fault from the head of the franchise down to Westbrook. Let me not even start with Jeremy Grant, Robertson and Kanter. All muscle and no chemistry.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:53am On Apr 24, 2017
Joe Johnson once again showing clippers pepper. One begin to wonder why he wasn't a superstar if you know what I mean. He has everything a player needs to be a superstar.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:00am On Apr 24, 2017
If you told me last week iso Joe and rajon rondo would be deciding playoffs series, I would have told you you don't know ball.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 11:17am On Apr 24, 2017
Donlittle:
If you told me last week iso Joe and rajon rondo would be deciding playoffs series, I would have told you you don't know ball.

I'm surprised as well

As Rondo injure, all our offense slowed down. Wade used to pick up the play but it's like something is distracting the lad. Hope he didn't Bleep a stripper or something?

In other news: Kanter is now my most hated player everrrr. His name just makes me think about decapitation. angry
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:18pm On Apr 24, 2017
Nene outscored and outrebounded the entire OKC bench. On the road! This must be Westbrook's fault. Its also Westbrook's fault that a wingman like Roberson shoots free throws like Ben Wallace. Anybody who questioned K.D leaving that useless team is just an E.P - enemy of progress

That game had the funniest end sequence I have ever seen since I started watching basketball
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 4:23pm On Apr 24, 2017
A40:
Nene outscored and outrebounded the entire OKC bench. On the road! This must be Westbrook's fault. Its also Westbrook's fault that a wingman like Roberson shoots free throws like Ben Wallace. Anybody who questioned K.D leaving that useless team is just an E.P - enemy of progress

That game had the funniest end sequence I have ever seen since I started watching basketball

K.D was my best player in okc..he was the reason i loved okc and became a fan...talking from a fan's perspective,the series is not over yet but in reality,we should look at where we went wrong and put things in order next season...

#THUNDERUP
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:32pm On Apr 24, 2017
Eruditor:

Which shots can Nene create on his own? Nene is a Brazilian Javanese McGee that would have dominated Shaqtin a fool Highlight reels had he not played with Harden. Are you kidding me?

And how good has Gordon been? Most of his 3s have come from second chance opportunities which he gets because Capela and co work hard for that rebound which they dish out to their wings to launch more 3s. Gordon's drives to the rim have been nothing short of awkward.

What cracks me up is how RWs teammates become bad only when he loses games- abi is it not the same team that won game 3?

A different coach creating a system that RW will adopt and adhere to will do a decent job with this crop of scrubs. Mike D'Antoni is no Houdini. We saw him fail with Lakers and the Knicks. Y'all should gimme a break with all that overplayed RWs teammates let him down. They designed a system to give him the ball 99% of the time and then wonder why they fold up when he is rested. Talk about obvious.

Ahh iya o ki'n se omi obe oo? You are comparing Nene to McGee? Nene? Did you see Nene in Denver? His problem has always been his inability to stay healthy. Nene has been creating his own shots before Harden knew he would play in the NBA.

D'Antoni of Phoenix Suns? Coach of the Year winner? Aye ma ni ika oo

Oya since D'Antoni left Lakers and Knicks aren't they still struggling? Despite hiring Phil Jackson as GM

Is it not this same D'Antoni that turned Houston around? Same Houston that barely made playoffs last year. This thing na like Hospital. Its not everybody that would respond to treatment

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:47pm On Apr 24, 2017
The Roberson matter is sad for OKC because he is the only one that can slow down Harden for that team. He is also the only one not named Westbrook who has scored double figures in all 4 games so I can understand Donovan's dilemma. Ultimately it is on Roberson a paid professional to work on his shooting. How can a small forward be shooting 20% from the field and we are still blaming the coach

Tough luck for the Pacers. Got swept but lost by a combined 16 pts. Could have stolen Game 1 and we would be talking about a different series.

I'd advise the Warriors to rest K.D till the Western Finals. And what's up with Kerr? I get one agbo jedi joint for my area. Them go clear him back issue one time. I trust my Iya Onigba

Blake Griffin out for the year. Lol the Clippers have been cursed!! Ironically they have played better in his absence. There is a lot more space on the floor
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:56pm On Apr 24, 2017
aliondo:

K.D was my best player in okc..he was the reason i loved okc and became a fan...talking from a fan's perspective,the series is not over yet but in reality,we should look at where we went wrong and put things in order next season...

#THUNDERUP
Lol OKC are done if you ask me. Of course Westbrook is doing a little too much of everything. That is his nature and one he needs to work on. He even bullies them at times with his antics but how won't he when a lot of his teammates aren't doing what they are supposed to do. Their 2nd best guy on offense is Kanter but he can't even get on the floor because he doesn't play even passable defense. Now compare to Nene of the Rockets
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 6:58pm On Apr 24, 2017
OKC is a good team,when haters want to sheet on Durant for leaving.
OKC is also bad team is the reason why WB has to do everything on offense by himself.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:10pm On Apr 24, 2017
Are they good without Westbrook? Do you believe that roster can win 30 games without Westbrook?

I have said before I would give Harden MVP on a good day because he did a phenomenal job but he is better coached. We can argue about Donovan's abilities or Westbrook being a stats hog but nobody can tell me his teammates are doing their job or Westbrook is not making them do their job. These are pros failing to do the most basic shyte anybody playing in a formal basketball programme even 3 months ought to be able to do
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:27pm On Apr 24, 2017
A40:
Are they good without Westbrook? Do you believe that roster can win 30 games without Westbrook?

I have said before I would give Harden MVP on a good day because he did a phenomenal job but he is better coached. We can argue about Donovan's abilities or Westbrook being a stats hog but nobody can tell me his teammates are doing their job or Westbrook is not making them do their job. These are pros failing to do the most basic shyte anybody playing in a formal basketball programme even 3 months ought to be able to do
like foul a player immediately. Dudes took 9 secs to foul a player, ended up fouling him and gave him an And One. I have never wanted to break a bottle on someone head till that moment.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 7:34pm On Apr 24, 2017
A40:

my answer is that,WB never gave them a chance to find out.
when KD got that first foot injury we saw what a post KD OKC would look like and everybody pretty much predicted OKC's reality right now.

his the MVP there is no need even debating the issue,am more interested in how OKC go take move forward This post season.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:00pm On Apr 24, 2017
SIRcumalot:

my answer is that,WB never gave them a chance to find out.
when KD got that first foot injury we saw what a post KD OKC would look like and everybody pretty much predicted,OKC's reality right now.

his the MVP there is no need even debating the issue,am more interested in how OKC go take move forward This post season.
I'm guessing it is Westbrook's fault that Roberson is the 2nd best OKC player and Steven Adams and Oladipo are playing like D-League players? Finding what they could do without Westbrook? They might as well tank

(1) (2) (3) ... (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) ... (2216) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: larride(m), Skrrrrrrr and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.