Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,820 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (581) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1624869 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (578) (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) ... (2207) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 8:32am On Jun 13, 2017
A40:

Mavericks have done their job. Dirk beating Leflop, Wade and Bosh is one of the many reasons I don't tolerate Leflop vs GOAT comparisons. Its a pity Dirk never played with elite teammates he woulda won multiple rings

Stars have moved more to the East than the West. Tell me the last big name who left the East and came to the West
you hate him because he mocked Dirk's illness,let go of your hate and appreciate greatness,everybody chokes sometime.

this your question hard on be small.
Orlando Dwight,na my only answer and you remember,Kobe ran him out of the Lakers.

am sure Jordan was also persecuted for his dominance of the EC In his time.
Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 8:43am On Jun 13, 2017
SIRcumalot:

Too much conspiracy theory in your post,and am tired of Kobe-bron debate on this thread.

Durant was injured for almost a whole season played,with some noticeable rust in the next one na him first full season with no questionable health and you dey tell me say na him be the best player when in that time one Person don win back to back MVP plus one ring join. Guy bone.
Shay na like this curry legacy go they cast?
Me too just dey look you.
maybe be from next season he go dey get that honour.

Bro. i feel you. Curry and KD are my favorite player but in my own opinion, KD tops it all. He is very reliable. He has been for years but people did not recognize him. They always count him as second best which was an insult because he never made it to the finals more than once. In regards to MVP, i dont think MVP really counts as best player in the league. Thats my own view. If Antony Davies had better teammates, he would be in Top 5 has that guys plays very well just like KD.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 8:44am On Jun 13, 2017
The meme cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:52am On Jun 13, 2017
Manutd19:
Well, congrats to you guys. See you again next year and I expect the Cavs to make a coaching change. These team man to man is not behind the Warriors and the fact Klay and Green had a poor offensive game this series/playoff, this loss isn't acceptable.
Una dey see objective person for here kwa?
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 9:46am On Jun 13, 2017
A40:

Una dey see objective person for here kwa?

Above Warriors sef.

Their stars produced offensively, even JR Smith.

Klay and Draymond didn't have good offense this finals and it's still a gentleman sweep. What if they had?
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 10:04am On Jun 13, 2017
Decale:

Above Warriors sef.

Klay and Draymond didn't have good offense this finals and it's still a gentleman sweep. What if they had?
if both teams are evenly matched as some few don suggest why was the series not very competitive?
bron not good enough?
Re: The NBA Begins by hoopLA: 10:05am On Jun 13, 2017
hardeycute:

Thought someone type lebron started it

This is why you are an educated illiterate.

A 40-year old Karl Malone in his 20th NBA season and a 35-year old Gary Payton now defines your superteam.

These LeFraudians will say anything to just be heard.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by hoopLA: 10:10am On Jun 13, 2017
A40:

Mavericks have done their job. Dirk beating Leflop, Wade and Bosh is one of the many reasons I don't tolerate Leflop vs GOAT comparisons. Its a pity Dirk never played with elite teammates he woulda won multiple rings

Stars have moved more to the East than the West. Tell me the last big name who left the East and came to the West

That for me killed LeBron's legacy as GOAT.
Moreso his fading numbers at the end of the series.
His disappearing act is legendary as the GOAT for choking.

JJ Barrea, JET, Tyson Chandler were the team that beat D Wade and Bosh and others.

GOATs don't choke
GOATS don't have a losing record in the finals

Know your GOAT

4 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by hoopLA: 10:14am On Jun 13, 2017
SIRcumalot:

you hate him because he mocked Dirk's illness,let go of your hate and appreciate greatness,everybody chokes sometime.

this your question hard on be small.
Orlando Dwight,na my only answer and you remember,Kobe ran him out of the Lakers.

am sure Jordan was also persecuted for his dominance of the EC In his time.
This is beyond hate.

LeBron simply has it easy in the East.

Jordan had to deal with the Pistons Bad Boys and the Knicks (Bad Boys 2.0) and a good number of hall of famers have NO rings because of Jordan. Look it up yourself.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 10:16am On Jun 13, 2017
Skywalker5:

Bro. i feel you. Curry and KD are my favorite player but in my own opinion, KD tops it all. He is very reliable. He has been for years [b]but people did not recognize him. They always count him as second best which was an insult[/b]because he never made it to the finals more than once. In regards to MVP, i dont think MVP really counts as best player in the league. Thats my own view. If Antony Davies had better teammates, he would be in Top 5 has that guys plays very well just like KD.

you can't possibly think that.
this same KD win MVP over Miami bron o.
Re: The NBA Begins by hoopLA: 10:17am On Jun 13, 2017
VomeSchakleton:

first player to average a triple double in the finals. put up 41 12 8 today and he choked.

grin

GOAT standards

It's a team sport people.

Lol

It's a team sport when you don't have an answer to a simple question.

3-5 in the Finals will never convince anybody of him being GOAT, no matter how hard u ride his nuts.

or is 3-5 the new standard for GOATs?
If so then MJ, Kobe and even Tim Duncan are immortals.
Re: The NBA Begins by hoopLA: 10:21am On Jun 13, 2017
SIRcumalot:

The same reason LeCry kept either making a bad shot or passing to Kyle Korver in the last 2 mins of a close game 3 is why people think KD is a better player right now.

Greatness is KD taking a cold-blooded three in LeBron's face at the end of same game 3 to basically decide the game. . .

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by hoopLA: 10:25am On Jun 13, 2017
A40:

Faith? You must be real phoolish if you thought the Cavs had any shot at a comeback. I wasn't expecting a sweep so the premature ejaculation by Cavs fans after that 1 win was amusing to me

I said it yesterday, it would play out more like it did for the 2014 Heat
Lol.

Cavs fans are some of the most ignorant people walking the face of this earth.
Even when it was clear that the Warriors were a better team, they still hoped that collapse would happen. Not when KD was balling.

The Cavs blew a 3-1 comeback this time around. We all know how they won last year. But let's not get into it.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by hoopLA: 10:28am On Jun 13, 2017
Decale:

26.7ppg/8rpg/9.4apg in the finals

Very overrated af...

This is how we know new jack nonentity fans who can't tell a basketball from a tennis ball.
Steph with those numbers is over-rated.
What next, LeBron is GOAT
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 10:30am On Jun 13, 2017
hoopLA:

The same reason LeCry kept either making a bad shot or passing to Kyle Korver in the last 2 mins of a close game 3 is why people think KD is a better player right now.

Greatness is KD taking a cold-blooded three in LeBron's face at the end of same game 3 to basically decide the game. . .

korver or bron who is the better 3pt shooter ?
Re: The NBA Begins by hoopLA: 10:36am On Jun 13, 2017
SIRcumalot:

korver or bron who is the better 3pt shooter ?

This question doesn't fit the narrative.

LeBron was driving at the top of the key against a Draymond green who had 5 fouls.
He decided against going to the hoop (and making Green possibly foul him and getting him ejected with at worst a trip to the foul line) in favour of Korver who shot that three woefully.

So the question should be , why does the so-called GOAT seem to defer to others in critical moments when a game is on the line? ? ?

Game 7 last year comes to mind. . .

Read carefully before responding.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 10:37am On Jun 13, 2017
Rihanna dropped a song.. Have y'all seen it.. Cavs fans would love it https://instagram.com/p/BVREdaUgkGi/
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 10:40am On Jun 13, 2017
hoopLA:

LeBron was driving at the top of the key against a Draymond green who had 5 fouls.
He decided against going to the hoop (and making Green possibly foul him and getting him ejected with at worst a trip to the foul line) in favour of Korver who shot that three woefully.

So the question should be , why does the so-called GOAT seem to defer to others in critical moments when a game is on the line? ? ?

Read carefully before responding.
This boy want to cause wahala cheesy
Just so you know, them Le3-5on fan boys are coming for you. Then you'll know the truth can kill you cheesy cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 10:40am On Jun 13, 2017
SIRcumalot:

Yea he did but personally, i think KD is number one. i think this finals proves it. I love Curry and the whole warriors team bringing this championship home but for me, its all KD. He stands tall above the rest. Without KD,i know warriors would still have defeated Cavs. KD just made it better and unstoppable.
Re: The NBA Begins by hoopLA: 10:46am On Jun 13, 2017
SmooshCHN:
This boy want to cause wahala cheesy
Just so you know, them Le3-5on fan boys are coming for you. Then you'll know the truth can kill you cheesy cheesy

I dey here kamkpe. I no dey run.

All those ones calling LeBron the GOAT are those ones who just got off the feeding bottle a few days ago.

Calling someone with a finals losing record the GOAT doesn't even make sense.

Yet someone who is chilling with 6 rings and 6 Finals MVPs is being reduced to nothing because these new jack fo0ls say so; because LeBron posts numbers in an incredibly soft league . . .

#KnowYourGOAT
Re: The NBA Begins by hoopLA: 10:48am On Jun 13, 2017
Skywalker5:

Yea he did but personally, i think KD is number one. i think this finals proves it. I love Curry and the whole warriors team bringing this championship home but for me, its all KD. He stands tall above the rest. Without KD,i know warriors would still have defeated Cavs. KD just made it better and unstoppable.

Game 3 ending is why Durant > LeWhine.

LeFlop will never take the last shot in a high pressure situation. His fan boys will always make an excuse for him.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:50am On Jun 13, 2017
SIRcumalot:

if both teams are evenly matched as some few don suggest why was the series not very competitive?
bron not good enough?
How was it not competitive? Game 5 was a battle, you blew Game 3. You guys had no business losing Game 1. I salute Decale for even going for Warriors in 5. I thought it would get to at least 6 before the series began
Re: The NBA Begins by hoopLA: 10:51am On Jun 13, 2017
Donlittle:
Congrats to all the loyal warriors fan all this thread though, but before i leave the podium tonight. How did you guys lose a 3 - 1 lead? Sorry guys, i can't leave without taking a shot.

My team is still trash though. Dallas Mavericks, 2018 Nba Champions. grin
Adam Silver and the NBA

Even that goat-mouth LeBron Stan Shannon Sharpe admits it.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:53am On Jun 13, 2017
hoopLA:

This is why you are an educated illiterate.

A 40-year old Karl Malone in his 20th NBA season and a 35-year old Gary Payton now defines your superteam.

These LeFraudians will say anything to just be heard.
Millenials go always show themselves. Malone was turning 41 the month after that Final
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 10:54am On Jun 13, 2017
hoopLA:

He decided against going to the hoop and making Green possibly foul him and getting him ejected with at worst a trip to the foul line; in favour of Korver who shot that three woefully.

a clutch play only count as a made shot in your opinion as it concerns game 7.
i didnt watch the series so some of the details escape.but still you didn't answer the question is a 3pt shot by Korver a bad shot ?
you've jumped head,first into a discussion that doesn't dispute Jordan Goatness only trying to show that Durant wasn't neglected,he suffered and injury that slowed him down for awhile but at his absolute best he beat bron to the MVP.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 10:57am On Jun 13, 2017
Skywalker5:

he has some more MVP's in future don't see nobody standing in his way except all the fools decided to give to bestbrook again.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by hoopLA: 11:00am On Jun 13, 2017
VomeSchakleton:

Bill Russell is the goat.

Horry is better than Mj magic Kareem Kobe and LeBron.

Dim witted logic.

Boy, this is arrant nonsense. You must think we are in the same kindergarten section as you.

Bill Russell won 11 titles when there were only 8 teams in the league. Figure that out

Robert Horry was NEVER an elite player, he was a role player at least. How many All-Star appearances did he have in his career? Answer on a post card.

So choose another argument to dispel the "rings means GOAT" theory instead of this childish and asinine nonsense you put up there
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 11:02am On Jun 13, 2017
A40:

How was it not competitive? Game 5 was a battle, you blew Game 3. You guys had no business losing Game 1. I salute Decale for even going for Warriors in 5. I thought it would get to at least 6 before the series began
how can a 4-1 series.
with like three games with around 20 point differential be competitive?
na because decale sabi how e dey go.
you no know b.ball. wink
Re: The NBA Begins by hoopLA: 11:04am On Jun 13, 2017
SIRcumalot:

a clutch play only count as a made shot in your opinion as it concerns game 7.
i didnt watch the series so some of the details escape.but still you didn't answer the question is a 3pt shot by Korver a bad shot ?
you've jumped head,first into a discussion that doesn't dispute Jordan Goatness only trying to show that Durant wasn't neglected,he suffered and injury that slowed him down for awhile but at his absolute best he beat bron to the MVP.

you miss the point.

The reference to Game 7 last year is to remind you that it was Kyrie Irving who made the last few shots that sealed the tile for the Cavs.
So in the context of the above, along with the scenario I described to you earlier, that question is irrelevant, with due respect to you and your opinion.

Unless you're following the wrong thread, it's clear you don't see those foolishly propagated ideas about LeBron being GOAT. And I can't stand that foolishness.
I say it again. Game three ending shows why people will argue that KD> LeBron. If you haven't seen it, go look it up on youtube.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by hoopLA: 11:07am On Jun 13, 2017
A40:

Millenials go always show themselves. Malone was turning 41 the month after that Final

Don't mind the dumbass.
Gary Payton was 35 at the time and past his prime as the Glove. Yet that is a super team.

He now put a picture of Kobe with Metta World Peace and DHoward and expected us to take him seriously when everyone knew the Big Three in Miami was a better team.

The internet at times turns me off because it exposes all sorts of id1ocy from people who have no clue
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:07am On Jun 13, 2017
Decale:

Above Warriors sef.

I saw through the B.S as a ready manufactured excuse if they lost to Golden State.

Everybody following the playoffs could see that Draymond and especially Klay had shot poorly all series long. Infact you have to wonder if these Warriors beat Cavs without KD. Steph was good in 4 of the games but the other two were rubbish. KD was the only constant. This explains why Lebron fans were crying more than the bereaved OKC. They knew his addition means no more rings for him

4 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by hoopLA: 11:17am On Jun 13, 2017
A40:

I saw through the B.S as a ready manufactured excuse if they lost to Golden State.

Everybody following the playoffs could see that Draymond and especially Klay had shot poorly all series long. Infact you have to wonder if these Warriors beat Cavs without KD. Steph was good in 4 of the games but the other two were rubbish. KD was the only constant. This explains why Lebron fans were crying more than the bereaved OKC. They knew his addition means no more rings for him

your head dey dia. KD shot nearly 56% from the field, averaging 35ppg these finals.

May your seed never lack anything good.

Real recognizes real talk. You really understand the Clevaland/LeBron psyche.

(1) (2) (3) ... (578) (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) ... (2207) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.