Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,167 members, 7,811,384 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:41 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (603) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1620093 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) (606) ... (2203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:30pm On Jul 02, 2017
Lol the Timberwolves aren't phucking around
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jul 02, 2017
A40:
who they get again?
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:39pm On Jul 02, 2017
Donlittle:
who they get again?
Taj Gibson
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jul 02, 2017
A40:

Taj Gibson
wow OKC I guess is sure they are getting Rudy gay.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:50pm On Jul 02, 2017
Donlittle:
wow OKC I guess is sure they are getting Rudy gay.
That would be the obvious option. I'm suprised the Wizards aren't pursuing Rudy Gay
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 7:15pm On Jul 02, 2017
A40:

Wolves, Thunder and 76ers no come play ooo
Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 9:27pm On Jul 02, 2017
The west is now top-heavy. Enough exclusions for next year all star games

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jul 02, 2017
Decale:

Wolves, Thunder and 76ers no come play ooo
rockets grin
Re: The NBA Begins by realnas(m): 11:31pm On Jul 02, 2017
Lowry has signed a 100 m dollars 3 year contract, come to think of it this guy is an injury prone player don't you think the raptors over paid for him?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:46am On Jul 03, 2017
I am guessing Danny Ainge wants to take his picks with him to Heaven.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:30am On Jul 03, 2017
lolawilliams:

Well Curry is one of the few players who made the Warriors a really good team. I'm okay with his contract. I starting thinking when JJ Redick gets more paid than the best Quaterback in NFL right now. Redick isnt even a top20 player.

And LeBron said they don't need more Brons. They need more Scientist, engineers, teachers, physical therapist, police officer. Please tell me who wants to wake up early in the morning working close to 10hours a day and wont even make close to what a rookie makes 5hours on court after working for a week.

I hear you. But to lebrons point, for every nba player, there is at least a thousand really good ballers who will never go anywhere. The odds are way better if you are a scientist or engineer. And this is why I will always be an lbj fan...the amount this guy has donated to his own community's education is astounding...I am not sure I or most people have that kind of giving heart.

In other news, Im still waiting to see what cavs do. I saw one news somewhere where kyrie was traded to the suns. Thank God it was just rumor grin
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:31am On Jul 03, 2017
Donlittle:
grin grin

noth'n wrong wit dat grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:49am On Jul 03, 2017
Donlittle:
grin grin

At this point, i am convinced the man is a hoarder angry angry angry Draft picks lose value every year they don't mature.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:57am On Jul 03, 2017
birdman:

I hear you. But to lebrons point, for every nba player, there is at least a thousand really good ballers who will never go anywhere. The odds are way better if you are a scientist or engineer. And this is why I will always be an lbj fan...the amount this guy has donated to his own community's education is astounding...I am not sure I or most people have that kind of giving heart.

In other news, Im still waiting to see what cavs do. I saw one news somewhere where kyrie was traded to the suns. Thank God it was just rumor grin

if uncle drew gets traded I'm definitely going to cry.
Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 5:07am On Jul 03, 2017
Swaggy P to warriors? Been seen with Javale McGee and on snapchat with Draymond with the caption 'warriors'?
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 7:32am On Jul 03, 2017
Warriors

Spurs

Rockets

Thunder

Grizzlies

Wolves

Pelicans

Jazz

Clippers

Nuggets

All these teams are about to have >.50 next season. 4 teams won't make playoffs.

Others: Blazers, Lakers

20 elite players will get all star snubs...

Issa Game of Thrones outchea...
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 10:33am On Jul 03, 2017
birdman:

Dan Gilbert nearly traded him for Bledsoe and PG o. LeBron james was the reason why the trade didnt happen, he told Dan he would not resign if it happened.

PG who wouldn't spend than a season in Cavs and Bledsoe can't even fit the system like Irving.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 12:08pm On Jul 03, 2017
Melo is most likely heading to Rockets

Now that's a team that can wound Warriors. Sadly, no defense...
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 2:46pm On Jul 03, 2017
Hopefully, it stays this way.

Starters: Curry, Klay, Durant, Draymond and JaVale (Screw Zaza, he just has to go) undecided
Bench: Livingston, Nick Young, Ian Clark, Iguodala, David West.
Reserve: McCaw, Matt Barnes, Jordan Bell, Damian Jones, James McAdoo..

[img]https:///media/9-17-2015/JrTF6w.gif[/img]
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jul 03, 2017
SmooshCHN:
Hopefully, it stays this way.

Starters: Curry, Klay, Durant, Draymond and JaVale (Screw Zaza, he just has to go) undecided
Bench: Livingston, Nick Young, Ian Clark, Iguodala, David West.
Reserve: McCaw, Matt Barnes, Jordan Bell, Damian Jones, James McAdoo..

[img]https:///media/9-17-2015/JrTF6w.gif[/img]

Friggin warriors. I curse you all!!! angry
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 03, 2017
Roland17:

At this point, i am convinced the man is a hoarder angry angry angry Draft picks lose value every year they don't mature.
I don't get it man, letting Paul, and Jimmy Walk? If Gordon doesn't sign, it is a disaster. The time to challenge Bron is now.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 7:56pm On Jul 03, 2017
Donlittle:
I don't get it man, letting Paul, and Jimmy Walk? If Gordon doesn't sign, it is a disaster. The time to challenge Bron is now.
Forget it Bruh!! Celtics slept all through. Ingles resigned with Utah, his best buddy Hayward will definitely stay.. I'm just shook as to how the Celtics were hyped about FA and now it's like almost over.
Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge10(m): 12:53am On Jul 04, 2017
Guys watch out for Bam Adebayo...I hope he lives up to expectations
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:20am On Jul 04, 2017
SmooshCHN:
Forget it Bruh!! Celtics slept all through. Ingles resigned with Utah, his best buddy Hayward will definitely stay.. I'm just shook as to how the Celtics were hyped about FA and now it's like almost over.

where is roland17. the celtics offseason is looking bad imo
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 4:45am On Jul 04, 2017
KD took a $9.5 paycut. Made it easier to keep Shaun and Iggy shocked Klay and Draymond better fall in line when it's their time cheesy
Dude surely makes more money outside the NBA so it's Ok.

And people still hating him for this selfless act. angry
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 4:46am On Jul 04, 2017
birdman:

where is roland17. the celtics offseason is looking bad imo
Hayward will decide tomorrow.. I think he'll return tp Utah but there's a very small chance he'll go to the Celtics.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:12am On Jul 04, 2017
SmooshCHN:
Hayward will decide tomorrow.. I think he'll return tp Utah but there's a very small chance he'll go to the Celtics.

Honestly, I am not too confident about the Hayward pitch. I will not be surprised if he returns to Utah, he has stability over there, however, he understands that roster can not win a conference as stacked as the west, and that is what we offer him. That being said the Cavs and Lebron still hold a strangle on the east, its not even up for a debate.

If he joins the Celtics, i think it would have everything to do with coach Brad Stevens. The Celtics are overdue for another "white man, who can jump".
Re: The NBA Begins by redarrr(m): 7:57am On Jul 04, 2017
[quote author=Roland17 post=58101484]

Honestly, I am not too confident about the Hayward pitch. I will not be surprised if he returns to Utah, he has stability over there, however, he understands that roster can not win a conference as stacked as the west, and that is what we offer him. That being said the Cavs and Lebron still hold a strangle on the east, its not even up for a debate.

If he joins the Celtics, i think it would have everything to do with coach Brad Stevens. The Celtics are overdue for another "white man, who can jump"

I think Hayward will definitely stay with d utah jazz or he will move to college coach team (celtics Brad Stevens) which i think it might happen
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 9:26am On Jul 04, 2017
See as una dey decide person decision like say hin dey NL
My own is for Melo to go to Rockets cry
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 10:10am On Jul 04, 2017
SmooshCHN:
KD took a $9.5 paycut. Made it easier to keep Shaun and Iggy shocked Klay and Draymond better fall in line when it's their time cheesy
Dude surely makes more money outside the NBA so it's Ok.

And people still hating him for this selfless act. angry

$53M for 2 more years is pretty much the same contract he was signed with. I believe he would get the super max in 2018/19. Sure, he is selfless but he also got a $300M Nike shoe contract plus a ton more endorsements to boot. The guy is loaded and wants to win rings. I think letting a few millions go now to gain them back in the future is worth the deal.

I think we might lose Iggy in 2019 when Klay and Draymond are due a new contract but then again na speculation we just dey speculate. If we have won say 2 more rings by then, our valuation would be something ginormous plus the incomes that would have streamed from winnings plus the potential of the new building in SF can force Lacob and co to pay way above the cap.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 11:29am On Jul 04, 2017
Decale:
See as una dey decide person decision like say hin dey NL

My own is for Melo to go to Rockets cry

Ameeeeeen!!! Who said superteams are not good for the NBA? I havent seen this much excitement in offseason roster moves since...ever!
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 12:40pm On Jul 04, 2017
Eruditor:

$53M for 2 more years is pretty much the same contract he was signed with. I believe he would get the super max in 2018/19. Sure, he is selfless but he also got a $300M Nike shoe contract plus a ton more endorsements to boot. The guy is loaded and wants to win rings. I think letting a few millions go now to gain them back in the future is worth the deal.

I think we might lose Iggy in 2019 when Klay and Draymond are due a new contract but then again na speculation we just dey speculate. If we have won say 2 more rings by then, our valuation would be something ginormous plus the incomes that would have streamed from winnings plus the potential of the new building in SF can force Lacob and co to pay way above the cap.
If you ask me, I don't trust Klay Thompson would stay once his contract his up. Iggy and and Livingston too. I believe the team has much to gain from the young guys like McCaw, Jordan Bell and Damian Jones. If these guys show up big time along the way, it'll ease up things financially. We're paying much to win and will be paying much more after 2020.

And I agree with you. 2 more rings and Lacob shouldn't be giving a flying fúck how much to pay but he's a strict business man.

(1) (2) (3) ... (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) (606) ... (2203) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 5inchdick and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.