Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,224 members, 7,811,623 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:54 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (604) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1620310 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) (606) (607) ... (2203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:21pm On Jul 04, 2017
No need for the Celts to panic. Their best is probably not beating Golden State right now anyway. What they should do is target 2019/2020. Hope and pray Tatum and Jaylen Brown develop. In all likelihood Bron runs from Cleveland again after another demoralizing L from Golden State. Either that or Father Time catches up with him at 35/36. It would be very stoopid to trade their young core and still fall short this year
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:41pm On Jul 04, 2017
SmooshCHN:
If you ask me, I don't trust Klay Thompson would stay once his contract his up. Iggy and and Livingston too. I believe the team has much to gain from the young guys like McCaw, Jordan Bell and Damian Jones. If these guys show up big time along the way, it'll ease up things financially. We're paying much to win and will be paying much more after 2020.

And I agree with you. 2 more rings and Lacob shouldn't be giving a flying fúck how much to pay but he's a strict business man.

Klay is adamant about the stay, it is his father that wants Lakers to be on his resume following after himself. Lacob is a venture capitalist who made his multi millions from investing in some great start-ups in silicon valley. This GSW project was a pet project (Like Balmer's with the Clippers). Winning is infectious trust me, it is more likely Iggy to leave then than Klay who should have absolutely peaked by then.

We are not exactly paying that much yet. Curry's contract was long over due and we are still behind the spending pecking order atleast when compared to many others. I can see potential in McCaw but I know little about the other 2 even though the reviews are rave for them. Any word on Swaggy P?
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:02pm On Jul 04, 2017
K.D's move was a really selfless and perhaps a smart one too. I know its easier to be selfless when you are a 9 figure nigga, whose made $150m in salaries over their career but still the willingness to take less despite proving he is the best player on the biggest stage of all is something to be respected. I heard he was willing to even take less if Iggy left and they tried to get Gay

He has also saved his owner tens of millions in luxury tax and this might mean he is looking at the big picture.

Where the Warriors might have problem is 2019/20 where Klay, Green and K.D would be due mega deals. The fact that Iggy's 3 years are guaranteed puts the Warriors in a bind unless cap space increases geometrically. It would be down to them making sacrifices as well at that point. And they would still be in their respective primes
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:28pm On Jul 04, 2017
Eruditor:

Klay is adamant about the stay, it is his father that wants Lakers to be on his resume following after himself. Lacob is a venture capitalist who made his multi millions from investing in some great start-ups in silicon valley. This GSW project was a pet project (Like Balmer's with the Clippers). Winning is infectious trust me, it is more likely Iggy to leave then than Klay who should have absolutely peaked by then.

We are not exactly paying that much yet. Curry's contract was long over due and we are still behind the spending pecking order atleast when compared to many others. I can see potential in McCaw but I know little about the other 2 even though the reviews are rave for them. Any word on Swaggy P?
That old man better keep his mouth shut cheesy Klay's a man of his own.. I hope i get to finish exams quick and get to see him while he's still on tour here.. I'm hearing it's Swaggy P or Jamal Crawford via Bleacher's Report.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jul 04, 2017
Heard Doc Rivers is trading all the guards away to give Austin Rivers a starting Job. No wonder cp3 called it quit
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:44pm On Jul 04, 2017
Donlittle:
Heard Doc Rivers is trading all the guards away to give Austin Rivers a starting Job. No wonder cp3 called it quit
That guy would let feelings get in the way of his job.. Only a matter of time before Jerry West and Steve Balmer send them both packing. The team had always lacked discipline.. sad
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 5:29pm On Jul 04, 2017
Donlittle:

Something similar

He's told to trade Austin Rivers for the chance to get a franchise player or at least better. He didn't

Plus there's friction between Paul and Blake Griffin.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 5:30pm On Jul 04, 2017
I'm here hoping Melo gets to Rockets and now Warriors are shopping for Jamal Crawford. As if their players aren't enough

This life cry

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:54pm On Jul 04, 2017
Decale:
I'm here hoping Melo gets to Rockets and now Warriors are shopping for Jamal Crawford. As if their players aren't enough

This life cry
[Can't blame em..
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:55pm On Jul 04, 2017
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 7:26pm On Jul 04, 2017
Celtics should be optimistic

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:08pm On Jul 04, 2017
Like i mentioned yesterday, we have to be grateful to Brad Stevens, the pitch was quite simple, nothing extravagant.

The city finally has its wish of another "white kid that can jump".

Thanks Brad, welcome Hayward.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 8:20pm On Jul 04, 2017
Roland17:
Like i mentioned yesterday, we have to be grateful to Brad Stevens, the pitch was quite simple, nothing extravagant.

The city finally has its wish of another "white kid that can jump".

Thanks Brad, welcome Hayward.

You better wait before someone pulls a Deandre 2.0
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:22pm On Jul 04, 2017
Na wa oh lai se Durant abi Lebron. Why so much drama with Hayward? As if Cavs no go still beat them like 4-1 if them meet
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:25pm On Jul 04, 2017
A40:
Na wa oh lai se Durant abi Lebron. Why so much drama with Hayward? As if Cavs no go still beat them like 4-1 if them meet

Baba,

I don't think anyone thinks Hayward takes the Celtics over the hump in the conference, however, it improves the Celtics especially with perimeter shooting.

The projection is not for this season, but for next and 2 seasons when LBJ would either move to the west or father time reduces his efficiency and power.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 10:32pm On Jul 04, 2017
Roland17:

Baba,

I don't think anyone thinks Hayward takes the Celtics over the hump in the conference, however, it improves the Celtics especially with perimeter shooting.

The projection is not for this season, but for next and 2 seasons when LBJ would either move to the west or father time reduces his efficiency and power.

Nice...Hayward is a good acquisition for you guys....wished we (OKC) signed him.....

#THUNDERUP
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 12:59am On Jul 05, 2017
Decale:

You better wait before someone pulls a Deandre 2.0

A 4/year $128 million deal has been agreed (which i think is a steal), and he has already posted a tribute to the city of Utah.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 1:20am On Jul 05, 2017
Roland17:

A 4/year $128 million deal has been agreed (which i think is a steal), and he has already posted a tribute to the city of Utah.

Yeah. It just happened...

Jazz now pursuing Otto
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:01am On Jul 05, 2017
Chris Bosh cry

Goddammit why am I crying so much these days?

cry cry
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 8:36am On Jul 05, 2017
Ersan:
Chris Bosh cry

Goddammit why am I crying so much these days?

cry cry

I think its cos of his health issues (blood clot) he was waived but again,something is not just right with the Miami Heats Organisation....
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 9:02am On Jul 05, 2017
aliondo:

I think its cos of his health issues (blood clot) he was waived but again,something is not just right with the Miami Heats Organisation....
Blood clotting isn't something to take lightly. It will definitely come back and might be sudden. If he has any major vessel injury or bleeding, it's gonna be disastrous for his health and also the organization. And the heats need to move on. He's holding them back.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 9:09am On Jul 05, 2017
SmooshCHN:
Blood clotting isn't something to take lightly. It will definitely come back and might be sudden. If he has any major vessel injury or bleeding, it's gonna be disastrous for his health and also the organization. And the heats need to move on. He's holding them back.

yh...not disputing that...i mean apart from bosh...if you can refer back to situations surrounding wade and bron departure..
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 10:00am On Jul 05, 2017
aliondo:

yh...not disputing that...i mean apart from bosh...if you can refer back to situations surrounding wade and bron departure..
I feel for him too. They actually paid him 2yrs for nothing.. I hope he can find other things to do apart from basketball..
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 12:43pm On Jul 05, 2017
SmooshCHN,

Emri Casspi?
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:46pm On Jul 05, 2017
Eruditor:
SmooshCHN,

Emri Casspi?
Bob Myers for the win again. I've been robbing my palms all day cheesy cheesy The rich keeps getting richer..

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:47pm On Jul 05, 2017
Celtics are eyeing Marc Gasol? shocked shocked shocked
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:02pm On Jul 05, 2017
SmooshCHN:
Celtics are eyeing Marc Gasol? shocked shocked shocked

Thanks for blowing our cover angry angry

Gasol is an option D. Ainge is considering, however, it would be tougher than the Hayward pitch considering Gasol's loyalty to that city. If the Grizzlies let him go, then its full rebuilding mode for the Grizzlies.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 6:22pm On Jul 05, 2017
Gobert is about to average his own triple double, win MIP, DPOY and MVP the same time cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:45pm On Jul 05, 2017
Decale:
Gobert is about to average his own triple double, win MIP, DPOY and MVP the same time cheesy
That dude's got the emotions of a 15yr old. I remember him last year joining to shade KD, same thing this morning when Hayward decided he was playing the song "these hoes ain't loyal". He better start working on them handles and fighting for passes grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 7:02pm On Jul 05, 2017
Warriors. Warriors, Warriors.What is all this?
Swaggy P join angry

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 7:15pm On Jul 05, 2017
Swaggy P to the Warriors cheesy

Please let's resign McGee
Eruditor:
SmooshCHN,

Emri Casspi?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jul 05, 2017
KD got a ring and don't know how to act. Someone take that mans phone

(1) (2) (3) ... (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) (606) (607) ... (2203) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: greypencils

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.