Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,121 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:11 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (687) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1618331 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (684) (685) (686) (687) (688) (689) (690) ... (2200) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:20am On Nov 17, 2017
How can anyone watch the suns without laughing all through? Rockets on course to score 180.

CP3 returned today and I think the beard just tweaked his knee.

False alarm.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:21am On Nov 17, 2017
Roland17:

Can you imagine how the Brooklyn Nets are feeling now? That was the pick they traded for KG and THE TRUTH..lol
The Nets are a cautionary tale on how not to build a super team
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:30am On Nov 17, 2017
This Suns team should be in the G-League
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:34am On Nov 17, 2017
A40:
This Suns team should be in the G-League

I'm just scouting Greg Monroe for the cavs. I like him already.

But it seems both teams came for a shootout. Lazy D from both teams but of course the rockets have more fire power.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:43am On Nov 17, 2017
OMG....14 in a row bayyyyyybeeeeehhhh.

Celtics.....We are insaneeeeee. cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 2:41pm On Nov 17, 2017
ipledge10:
who is your MIP and 6th man?
Everybody's...
Porzingis and T.Evans
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 17, 2017
Redemption Night......Let's geeeeeeeeetttt it. cheesy

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:56pm On Nov 17, 2017
UlrikVandram:

I'm just scouting Greg Monroe for the cavs. I like him already.

But it seems both teams came for a shootout. Lazy D from both teams but of course the rockets have more fire power.
Moose would be a decent addition to the Cavs. Would he be open to a pay cut though?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:01pm On Nov 17, 2017
Lonzo cut his hair....OoooH MAH GAWWWWDDD. cheesy cheesy

SUNS ARE GETTTING DIÏCKED. cheesy

Re: The NBA Begins by Talk2bryant(m): 11:01pm On Nov 17, 2017
Abwg which station on dstv dey show basketball games.
VivaLaByke:
Lonzo cut his hair....OoooH MAH GAWWWWDDD. cheesy cheesy

SUNS ARE GETTTING DIÏCKED. cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by pkasso(m): 11:03pm On Nov 17, 2017
Gonzo grin Ball finally took the clipper to that hair. Like it's going to make him shoot any better. If anything it's going to be worse. Expecting some 25
% FG shooting shyte tonight.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 11:41pm On Nov 17, 2017
CAN'T CRUISE AGAINST CONTENDERS

The Warriors, supremely confident, will go through stretches of a game where they simply lose interest or focus. There is a growing belief within the league that they will allow comebacks.

That belief is based in fact, at least as it pertains to the league's better teams. The Warriors led the Pistons by 14 and lost by eight, led the Grizzlies by five and lost by 10, led the Rockets by 17 and lost by one.

Nuggets coach Michael Malone reminded his players of that on Nov 4 in Denver. They wiped out an early 13-point deficit to go up by 2. It didn't last, but . . .

Now this. The Warriors can look say they should have won all four of their losses. Quality opponents can look back and believe the Warriors are lack killer instinct.

They had it during 2017 playoffs. Maybe they're waiting for the REAL season.

STEVE KERR SOMETIMES HAS TOO MUCH FAITH

The coach believes in his team, as well he should, for it has rewarded him with three consecutive appearances in the NBA Finals and two championships.

That said, there was no emphatic response to the Warriors giving back 12 points of a 17-point lead in the first half and all of a 17-point lead in the third quarter.

Kerr called a timeout at the 3:17 mark of the second quarter, after Boston whittled a 44-27 Warriors lead down to 45-34. There was no timeout over the remainder of the half, which ended with the Warriors leading 47-42.

Another timeout was called with 3:46 left in the third quarter, after the Celtics shrunk the 17-point lead to 10, 66-56. Out of the timeout, Boston went on a 12-0 run, taking a 68-66 lead with 53.8 seconds remaining in the quarter.

The game was arrhythmic. The officials seemed overmatched. Kerr, believing in his players and anticipating a close game down the stretch, wanted to save his timeouts. He used them all, but one timeout during a 19-0 run seems sparse

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/five-lessons-warriors-learned-boston-072920841.html

cc SmooshCHN
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:42am On Nov 18, 2017
pkasso:
Gonzo grin Ball finally took the clipper to that hair. Like it's going to make him shoot any better. If anything it's going to be worse. Expecting some 25
% FG shooting shyte tonight.

I think he'll shoot better today.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:44am On Nov 18, 2017
A40:
Moose would be a decent addition to the Cavs. Would he be open to a pay cut though?

Shumpert + Frye = Monroe.

No need.

I like his post work and rebounding but his defense is not very encouraging. Though we need better rebounding presence we need that from a defensive centre.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:53am On Nov 18, 2017
We've been gaining some momentum. 3 in a row. Lets see if we can keep it against this spiralling team led by the ugly soon to be cursed idjit at the Q.
Re: The NBA Begins by pkasso(m): 12:56am On Nov 18, 2017
UlrikVandram:

I think he'll shoot better today.
He's playing against the Suns, those ones' got zero defense. Shouldn't be that hard.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:23am On Nov 18, 2017
UlrikVandram:

Shumpert + Frye = Monroe.

No need.

I like his post work and rebounding but his defense is not very encouraging. Though we need better rebounding presence we need that from a defensive centre.
Moose is an average rebounder for his size. It played a role in why the Pistons picked Drummond when they came to that fork in the road for both of them
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:36am On Nov 18, 2017
John Wall really shittin the bed today
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:42am On Nov 18, 2017
Bradley Beal exploding in this quarter rn. This is why I love basketball so much!! No lead is safe
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 2:53am On Nov 18, 2017
Cavs are lucky to be in this game. Surprisingly, I thought it'd be an easy win, only for them to get cut at the paint.

Remember Clippers are missing their 3rd best player and a great defender during this losing streak. Teams have been capitalizing on mismatches from their defensive rotations. Cavs figured this late in the 2nd quarter. This is why I don't think Lue is a good coach. At least, better late than never.

P.Bev and Galinari should do and come back. Watching Dekker and Rivers getting manhandled gives me more joy than a Kardashian's sex tape...
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:46am On Nov 18, 2017
Chai. Austin Rivers
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:57am On Nov 18, 2017
The Spurs are doing a madness rn. 23pt comeback!

Is this Ginobili really 40?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:11am On Nov 18, 2017
A40:
Moose is an average rebounder for his size. It played a role in why the Pistons picked Drummond when they came to that fork in the road for both of them

Comparing him to Drummond isn't fair. Drummond is one of the best rebounders in the league.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:11am On Nov 18, 2017
This myth that LeBron isn't clutch needs to die.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:12am On Nov 18, 2017
A40:
Chai. Austin Rivers

LMAO. Right in front of his Dad too.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:12am On Nov 18, 2017
Time to watch my franchise baaaayyyyybb
bbeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. cheesy cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:16am On Nov 18, 2017
Lebron is playing way too many minutes this early in the season and it seems it would continue considering their position on the log and their record. This would definetly bite the Cavs in the post season..
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:20am On Nov 18, 2017
Locked down Blake griffin and turned him into Brick Griffin.

Two Clutch 3s to tie the game.

16 points in the 4th.

Great defense and a fade away jumper to seal the win in OT.

39 14 and 6

Four wins in a row. Pistons are next. We need to reclaim our throne from the green imposters.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:21am On Nov 18, 2017
Roland17:
Lebron is playing way too many minutes this early in the season and it seems it would continue considering their position on the log and their record. This would definetly bite the Cavs in the post season..

Keep calm. By the time IT and the rest come back he'll only be playing one half cause by then they'll be up by 30. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:28am On Nov 18, 2017
UlrikVandram:

Keep calm. By the time IT and the rest come back he'll only be playing one half cause by then they'll be up by 30. grin

I understand the rave about IT's return, I should know better. However, If IT returns to his old self and does not reinjure the hip, he would only reduce the offensive burden. If anything, IT is a defensive liability and that does not relieve the burden off Bron.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:29am On Nov 18, 2017
Roland17:

I understand the rave about IT's return, I should know better. However, If IT returns to his old self and does not reinjure the hip, he would only reduce the offensive burden. If anything, IT is a defensive liability and that does not relieve the burden off Bron.

It's not as if they're playing much D now anyways but at least with IT they have more fire power if they're going for the whole offense is the best defense approach. Point is IT definitely makes them better. Not just him too, D rose and TT are out too. Never thought I'd miss the latter.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:35am On Nov 18, 2017
OKC can't seem to figure out how to end games.

(1) (2) (3) ... (684) (685) (686) (687) (688) (689) (690) ... (2200) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.