Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,740 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (741) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1629768 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (738) (739) (740) (741) (742) (743) (744) ... (2212) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jan 09, 2018
Decale:
https://www.foxsports.com/watch/first-things-first/video/1132703811952?amp=true

Read that article. The shocking part about that combo is that they're 3 and 4 in MVP rankings for players in the same team. And they've both played the best in a while when the other gets injured.

Safe to say, if each had their own Warriors-esque team, they'd be 1 and 2 in MVP rankings and not Harden and LeBron, who have made the MVP gap significant cos they aren't sharing glory.

There is only one MVP candidate.

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jan 09, 2018
SmooshCHN:
How Sway?? grin

What? Everyone knows I'm not a cavs fan. Save you, apparently.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:25pm On Jan 09, 2018
AlderFadington:

Nothing too serious, he'll be back soon.

I really hope so.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 10:07pm On Jan 09, 2018
AlderFadington:

There is only one MVP candidate.

Your boy is not taking advantage of Harden's injury like I thought he would.

And that 10pts in yesterday's blowout didn't help. Eeyahhhh...
Re: The NBA Begins by Ewuro4: 5:51am On Jan 10, 2018
Tha fauck?? shocked shocked
Re: The NBA Begins by Ewuro4: 5:52am On Jan 10, 2018
3.1secs Raptors fall my hand o
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:06am On Jan 10, 2018
Lonnnnnnzzzzzzzzzzooooo Balllllllllll.

Double Double on DeAaron Mouse's scrubby ass.

Always been the better player,never in doubt. cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:11am On Jan 10, 2018
Lonzo:
5 points
11 assists (1 turnover)
11 rebounds
5 steals
1 block
+33
W

Fox:
15 points
3 assists (3 turnovers)
1 rebound
3 steals
1 block
L

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....Lonnnnnzzzzzzzzzzooooooooo. cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:23am On Jan 10, 2018
Lonzo's basketball IQ is legit higher than every rookie in the 2017 draft class combined.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 9:19am On Jan 10, 2018
Lonzo may not be the best rookie in the NBA or even the Lakers team but you cannot help but acknowledge his effect on the team...
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:56am On Jan 10, 2018
aliondo:
Lonzo may not be the best rookie in the NBA or even the Lakers team but you cannot help but acknowledge his effect on the team...

Ooh please! The kings have the worst defense in the league and man ended up with 5 points. The fact that he's top ten in guard all star voting just proves that he is just an overhyped bum who is mediocre at best. No one would rate him if not for his father's personality and the fact that he plays for the lakers.

That being said, every team would struggle without their starting point guard.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 10:06am On Jan 10, 2018
AlderFadington:

Ooh please! The kings have the worst defense in the league and man ended up with 5 points. The fact that he's top ten in guard all star voting just proves that he is just an overhyped bum who is mediocre at best. No one would rate him if not for his father's personality and the fact that he plays for the lakers.

That being said, every team would struggle without their starting point guard.

Not just referring to this last game with the Kings..Dude has kept a low profile despite the pressure he gets as a result of his dad....

His shooting is an aspect he can always improve with hardwork and constant training.
He's still young bro...
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:14am On Jan 10, 2018
aliondo:

Not just referring to this last game with the Kings..Dude has kept a low profile despite the pressure he gets as a result of his dad....

His shooting is an aspect he can always improve with hardwork and constant training.
He's still young bro...

Dennis Smith Jr, Donovan Mitchell and a bunch of other lads are also young including kuzma his teammate who is miles ahead of him but you don't hear bums hyping them in every corner do you? People say he's the most covered rookie in recent times I say he's the most overrated.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 10:44am On Jan 10, 2018
aliondo:

He's still young bro...

Maybe its a pipe dream, but can Lakers just trade Ball. If nothing else to get rid of the distraction from his dad. Its obvious these guys are poison to any organisation. Trying to get the coach fired so your son can play angry

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 11:51am On Jan 10, 2018
birdman:

Maybe its a pipe dream, but can Lakers just trade Ball. If nothing else to get rid of the distraction from his dad. Its obvious these guys are poison to any organisation. Trying to get the coach fired so your son can play angry

Bro...you've just made a valid point...i think he should be traded too...The publicity is too much...
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jan 10, 2018
aliondo:

Bro...you've just made a valid point...i think he should be traded too...The publicity is too much...

Yeah to the hornets where he can play second fiddle to kemba walker. They need the publicity.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jan 10, 2018
birdman:

When did Lavar try to get Walton fired?

Stop reading headlines meant to generate clicks.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jan 10, 2018
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jan 10, 2018
aliondo:
Only haters won't acknowledge his impact on the Lakers team.

Without him...the Lakers sunk to the bottom of the West...

Now he's back,and Lakers are going back up.

After his first five NBA games,he was being called a bust who can't shoot,now his effect on the team showed after he went out with a shoulder injury and the narrative has turned to "every team will struggle without their starting point guard.

I'm sure the dolt that compared him to Kwame Brown and Greg Oden had a cardiac arrest yesterday after seeing his sublime performance. grin

I haven't even voted for him today sef...Lemme go and give him his well deserved All-Star vote jor. cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jan 10, 2018
Good company. cheesy

Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 2:12pm On Jan 10, 2018
aliondo:

Oga, leave all these sme sme and face facts.

You don't expect Lakers not to win against the worst team in the league (Hawks) or the third worst in West (Kings)? It's required. Why didn't Lakers with the kind Lonzo win the low tier Hornets, since his effect is superior?

Talking about Player impact on a team (PIE), Kuzma has a higher PIE than Lonzo let alone the other rookies (Markannen, Tatum, Mitchell, Bell, Simmons etc etc).

His improvement in offense when he checks in AKA Offensive rating? Not higher than Josh Hart rookie, or Kuzma. Lemme leave KCP, Lopez, Randle, etc or the rookies in other teams out of this one.

How about his IQ when compared to other rookies? His VORP? Less than Mitchell, Simmons or even Tatum (the one that's being carried).

The Tatum that Lakers are using to compare cos his minutes are close to that of Lonzo has better defense and offense than Lonzo. Let's leave stats out of this one sef.

Have you noticed I didn't mention ppg, PER, FG% and others that disfavor Lonzo? Yet, he's not even close to the rookie on his team.

Lakers are shyte with or without Lonzo. The statement wins they've had this season are mostly due to Kuzma and Ingram than Lonzo. Lonzo has been dropped in the 4th quarter whence Lakers picked up offense. So, what are we talking about?

I'm not going to acknowledge someone back from injury, shooting poorly like he's been doing the entire season with normal assist numbers required for a PG against Kings and Hawks. Hawks FFS!!!
He should win one rookie of the month like Kuzma then I'll listen to your acknowledgement...

What then has his effect done ooooo? Tell us

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 10, 2018
Lmaaaaooooo. grin grin

Thesis is being written on Lonzo Ball. grin grin

Hate kill you there. cheesy cheesy

Best and most impactful player on the Lakers,and there is nothing you can do about it. cheesy cheesy

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jan 10, 2018
Actual comments from Laker fans on Lonzooooo Ball. cheesy

Who would you take serious?

Haters who wake up every morning to check Lonzo's box score to see if he shot above 100% or people that actually watch him? cheesy cheesy

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jan 10, 2018
grin

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 7:50pm On Jan 10, 2018
Decale:

Oga, leave all these sme sme and face facts.

You don't expect Lakers not to win against the worst team in the league (Hawks) or the third worst in West (Kings)? It's required. Why didn't Lakers with the kind Lonzo win the low tier Hornets, since his effect is superior?

Talking about Player impact on a team (PIE), Kuzma has a higher PIE than Lonzo let alone the other rookies (Markannen, Tatum, Mitchell, Bell, Simmons etc etc).

His improvement in offense when he checks in AKA Offensive rating? Not higher than Josh Hart rookie, or Kuzma. Lemme leave KCP, Lopez, Randle, etc or the rookies in other teams out of this one.

How about his IQ when compared to other rookies? His VORP? Less than Mitchell, Simmons or even Tatum (the one that's being carried).

The Tatum that Lakers are using to compare cos his minutes are close to that of Lonzo has better defense and offense than Lonzo. Let's leave stats out of this one sef.

Have you noticed I didn't mention ppg, PER, FG% and others that disfavor Lonzo? Yet, he's not even close to the rookie on his team.

Lakers are shyte with or without Lonzo. The statement wins they've had this season are mostly due to Kuzma and Ingram than Lonzo. Lonzo has been dropped in the 4th quarter whence Lakers picked up offense. So, what are we talking about?

I'm not going to acknowledge someone back from injury, shooting poorly like he's been doing the entire season with normal assist numbers required for a PG against Kings and Hawks. Hawks FFS!!!
He should win one rookie of the month like Kuzma then I'll listen to your acknowledgement...

What then has his effect done ooooo? Tell us

Bro,i wasn't just referring to the Kings game and he's not my favourite rookie of the season but there is a difference between playing as an ordinary rookie and playing as a rookie under pressure and thats why i will always give credit to LBJ.

I just like Lonzo's unselfishness (probably reminds a bit of when Magic first came to the NBA and remember Magic couldn't shoot too as a rookie).
I believe if he keeps his head cool and work harder,he is in line to be a future star.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 7:53pm On Jan 10, 2018
VivaLaByke:

When did Lavar try to get Walton fired?

Stop reading headlines meant to generate clicks.

I think birdman is right bro...He said Luke is not in control of the team and before then,the team had already held a team meeting to discuss their poor recent perfomances..Lavar ball just talks too much... sad
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jan 10, 2018
aliondo:

I think birdman is right bro...He said Luke is not in control of the team and before then,the team had already held a team meeting to discuss their poor recent perfomances..Lavar ball just talks too much... sad
He said,in his own opinion,he doesn't feel like the players want to play for Luke,saying he's not seeing any high fives,smiles or even confidence whenever he watches them play.....

ESPN twisted his words to make a sensationalistic headline and say Lavar wants Luke Walton fired.

He talks too much,Yes,but it doesn't matter though.

Anyone who thinks the Lakers front office are thinking about or would try to trade a phenom as young as Lonzo because of his father is being reactionary and probably blinded by the hate they have towards a 20year old kid. cheesy

We aren't even that good yet and we are getting hate,wait till they put shooters around him. cheesy cheesy

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jan 10, 2018
What a plonker. Smh

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jan 10, 2018
Can we stop blaming Lavar Ball for Luke Walton's failures??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xcSqVk3F40
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 9:07pm On Jan 10, 2018
aliondo:

Bro,i wasn't just referring to the Kings game and he's not my favourite rookie of the season but there is a difference between playing as an ordinary rookie and playing as a rookie under pressure and thats why i will always give credit to LBJ.

I just like Lonzo's unselfishness (probably reminds a bit of when Magic first came to the NBA and remember Magic couldn't shoot too as a rookie).
I believe if he keeps his head cool and work harder,he is in line to be a future star.

We're not saying he's not going to be a future star. I never get that clairvoyant talent...

We just no like these unnecessary comparisons when he's not close to it. Just look at yesterday, they already compared him to Wall and CP3. Right now, you're comparing him to Magic Johnson's rookie season when we both know the difference is like night and day. People no dey compare Ben Simmons to Magic Johnson, na Lonzo. You dey see my point.

And Bron's pressure na mostly media, this guys own na hin family. Unlike Bron, he can curb his. Why doesn't he?
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 9:11pm On Jan 10, 2018
Decale:

We're not saying he's not going to be a future star. I never get that clairvoyant talent...

We just no like these unnecessary comparisons when he's not close to it. Just look at yesterday, they already compared him to Wall and CP3. Right now, you're comparing him to Magic Johnson's rookie season when we both know the difference is like night and day. People no dey compare Ben Simmons to Magic Johnson, na Lonzo. You dey see my point.

And Bron's pressure na mostly media, this guys own na hin family. Unlike Bron, he can curb his. Why doesn't he?

I'm not comparing him to Magic's rookie season...Said it reminds me a bit of Magic's rookie season cos it looks similar....I dont think he is being compared to Magic or CP3 but his style of play likens him to both of them...

Talking about curbing family pressure..Its not as easy as you think..He cant stop his dad from talking...Can he?
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 9:29pm On Jan 10, 2018
This coonery is getting our of hand.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (738) (739) (740) (741) (742) (743) (744) ... (2212) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.