Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,761 members, 7,809,926 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:21 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (742) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1618160 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (739) (740) (741) (742) (743) (744) (745) ... (2200) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 9:39pm On Jan 10, 2018
aliondo:

I'm not comparing him to Magic's rookie season...Said it reminds me a bit of Magic's rookie season cos it looks similar....I dont think he is being compared to Magic or CP3 but his style of play likens him to both of them...

Both are also scorers. Lonzo hasn't proven himself to be...

Please compare him to Rondo from now on. Thanks...

Talking about curbing family pressure..Its not as easy as you think..He cant stop his dad from talking...Can he?

He can. He's not 12 years old
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jan 10, 2018
SmooshCHN:
It'd be nice if some of us keep quiet.. This coonery is getting our of hand.
grin grin grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 9:43pm On Jan 10, 2018
Curry out tonight. Time for Thompson to step up...
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 9:50pm On Jan 10, 2018
Decale:

Both are also scorers. Lonzo hasn't proven himself to be...

Please compare him to Rondo from now on. Thanks...

He can...

Lol,I cant even compare him to Rondo..I'm just looking at his style of play..When i mentioned Magic's rookie season,i meant when he first joined the league,he couldn't shoot but as he worked harder with constant training,his PPG improved drastically...My bad,sorry i didnt mean his entire rookie season...Only referred to when he just got into the NBA...
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jan 10, 2018
Decale:
Got a notification Thompson is out also. My fantasy league sha
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:39pm On Jan 10, 2018
Decale:
Donlittle:
Got a notification Thompson is out also. My fantasy league sha

Curry (Ankle)
Thompson (Rest)
Griffin (Concussion)
Re: The NBA Begins by ThisIsFlashh: 10:40pm On Jan 10, 2018
Cavs fans in here?
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 11:13pm On Jan 10, 2018
Roland17:

Curry (Ankle) Thompson (Rest) Griffin (Concussion)

Then it's Thunder - Wolves for me.
If Clippers win tonight, it'd be 4 losses on Kerr's decisions...
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 11:18pm On Jan 10, 2018
VivaLaByke:

He said,in his own opinion,he doesn't feel like the players want to play for Luke,saying he's not seeing any high fives,smiles or even confidence whenever he watches them play.....

ESPN twisted his words to make a sensationalistic headline and say Lavar wants Luke Walton fired.

He talks too much,Yes,but it doesn't matter though.

Anyone who thinks the Lakers front office are thinking about or would try to trade a phenom as young as Lonzo because of his father is being reactionary and probably blinded by the hate they have towards a 20year old kid. cheesy

We aren't even that good yet and we are getting hate,wait till they put shooters around him. cheesy cheesy

If you are a Lonzo fan, you should be rooting for this guy to get away from LA. Anyone who hates Lonzo wants him to stay in LA. The only person benefiting from that arrangement is LaVar.

Lonzo is lucky he has a rookie coach. What do you think Rick Carlisle, or Doc Rivers or Lionel Hollins or many other NBA coaches would have done - they would bench Lonzo forever just to prove a point to pops and GM, even if it threatened their jobs. Plus, what do you think is the trust level of other players on the team for Lonzo? With this much media attention, you have to be careful what you say when he is around, you dont know how much will leak back to pops.

In hindsight, LA was not the right spot for Lonzo's career. The kid needed to leave home so he could grow wings. Im hoping Magic Johnson realizes this and pulls the trigger sometime. There is some team out there who will trade meaningful pieces.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 11:20pm On Jan 10, 2018
ThisIsFlashh:
Cavs fans in here?

cavs fans respond na grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:02am On Jan 11, 2018
birdman:

If you are a Lonzo fan, you should be rooting for this guy to get away from LA. Anyone who hates Lonzo wants him to stay in LA. The only person benefiting from that arrangement is LaVar.

Lonzo is lucky he has a rookie coach. What do you think Rick Carlisle, or Doc Rivers or Lionel Hollins or many other NBA coaches would have done - they would bench Lonzo forever just to prove a point to pops and GM, even if it threatened their jobs. Plus, what do you think is the trust level of other players on the team for Lonzo? With this much media attention, you have to be careful what you say when he is around, you dont know how much will leak back to pops.

In hindsight, LA was not the right spot for Lonzo's career. The kid needed to leave home so he could grow wings. Im hoping Magic Johnson realizes this and pulls the trigger sometime. There is some team out there who will trade meaningful pieces.
LOL grin....won't happen... The publicity the kid gives the Lakers,it's maddd.

Let's just watch and see sha.
Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge10(m): 4:29am On Jan 11, 2018
Let just say it’s over for Thunder before the postseason. I’m certain they going to Timberwolves in the playoffs (4th and 5th seed). If my memory is not failing me, they loosing the 3rd time to Timberwolves.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:48am On Jan 11, 2018
Hitting his 20,000th points with his trademark mid-range jumper has to be the best feeling.

Congrats to KD. The man is a pure scorer.
Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 6:55am On Jan 11, 2018
Nick young and Draymond just mess up KD party.why dem go dey miss shots like that? angry angry
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 7:01am On Jan 11, 2018
David West, Zaza etc.

Everybody bar KD were very bad.

Shaun L, McCaw yeesh.

But the refs gave Clippers a lot of superstar calls.

Let them win. Watch how another day Warriors will turn to a super star team and their coach does nothing but watch them.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:27am On Jan 11, 2018
Paul George and Boogie deserve better. angry

Come to the Lakers. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:29am On Jan 11, 2018
Lou Williams..

What the fück? shocked
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jan 11, 2018
"Shout to to everyone doubting me
Changing the game and they mad 'cause I'm charging fees
Know the name and see the fame
All my socials got the check
If you're talking out of line
Put three stripes across your neck
And my Under Armour X-Men
X-Men without the "X"
Man I only fear God
I keep a cross across my chest"

grin grin

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jan 11, 2018
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 2:02pm On Jan 11, 2018
I laughed too hard on this one cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jan 11, 2018
Well smiley

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jan 11, 2018
Lonzo Balllll.

If e pain you,nack your head for wall,kill yourself and DIEEEEE. cheesy cheesy

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 11, 2018
Bradley Beal. The disrespect. IT has only played 3 games but has way more votes. Wade as well. Damn!

Other than that, king James is back to number one in the east and in the NBA with a sizeable margin as it should be.

Wardell has more votes than the snake but uncle drew has more votes than wardell. Love it!
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 9:04pm On Jan 11, 2018
AlderFadington:
Bradley Beal. The disrespect. IT has only played 3 games but has way more votes. Wade as well. Damn!

Other than that, king James is back to number one in the east and in the NBA with a sizeable margin as it should be.

Wardell has more votes than the snake but uncle drew has more votes than wardell. Love it!

This thing shouldn't be a headache really. Beal should make the reserves. All those votes wasted on these rookies will hurt the fans last last when they don't get picked...

Lillard has to be my issue, if he's going to make it. I've counted like 12 players on that list that have a better chance than him, without including Jokic and Thompson. An injury to a player has to be only way he can make it in.

Meanwhile, somebody voted this yesterday. He included Hayward cry

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 9:09pm On Jan 11, 2018
Lou Williams has about 10 straight games of 20+ pts, has the Clippers record of multiple games of 40pts already and a 50 point blowout win on the NBA champions. They've gone 7-3 during that span.

But trust Rivers when his son comes back, Lou Williams goes back to bench on 25 - 30 minutes per game.

When a coach holds back your destiny... sad
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jan 11, 2018
Uuuuuuuuuuuoooouuhhh,someone is getting a stroke after he sees this. grin grin

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jan 11, 2018
Decale:

This thing shouldn't be a headache really. Beal should make the reserves. All those votes wasted on these rookies will hurt the fans last last when they don't get picked...

Lillard has to be my issue, if he's going to make it. I've counted like 12 players on that list that have a better chance than him, without including Jokic and Thompson. An injury to a player has to be only way he can make it in.

Meanwhile, somebody voted this yesterday. He included Hayward cry

Thankfully coaches are more reasonable than the fans. I really hope Dame makes it as well. If only he was in the east.

LMAO cheesy
I don't see Lonzo there I would have concluded it was drawn up by a certain confused jester on this thread.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:22am On Jan 12, 2018
Another televised rape on National TV.. Funny enough, come playoffs, this same Raptors will still choke while the Wizards are already in playoff mode. Straight chokers. SMH
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:26am On Jan 12, 2018
SmooshCHN:
Another televised rape on National TV.. Funny enough, come playoffs, this same Raptors will still choke while the Wizards are already in playoff mode. Straight chokers. SMH
The cavs are hot sh it!
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:01am On Jan 12, 2018
Damn. I am officially done with this guy. Ive given him passes. Sometimes others step up to cover up his incompetencies but JR smith is a BUM!!!

SMH.

Cavs getting a colonoscopy.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:13am On Jan 12, 2018
Back to back sodomy, today's edition is on national TV.

Special mention to Tristan Khadasian, JR Brick ( if they have any pride left, they would ask to be traded to the G league) and sadly Crowder. As for IT, the excuse of rust may be viable enough to go 0/8 or there about or the system does not fit.

All in all, I still love how commentators and analyst are still promoting and excusing Bron and his lot.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:17am On Jan 12, 2018
Roland17:
Back to back sodomy, today's edition is on national TV.

Special mention to Tristan Khadasian, JR Brick ( if they have any pride left, they would ask to be traded to the G league) and sadly Crowder. As for IT, the excuse of rust may be viable enough to go 0/8 or there about or the system does not fit.

All in all, I still love how commentators and analyst are still promoting and excusing Bron and his lot.

Yeah the cavs suck donkey as-. Yeah they have some dead weight. But its not time to push the panick button. Seriously! This literally happened last year and they still swept the east.

The cavs priority should be shipping out TT and JR even if only to get them off the roster. At least this way they wont have an obligation to play these bums and they can see who else can step up. But TT and JR are worth less than a bottle of gatorade.

(1) (2) (3) ... (739) (740) (741) (742) (743) (744) (745) ... (2200) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.