Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (750) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1626765 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (747) (748) (749) (750) (751) (752) (753) ... (2208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by redarrr(m): 3:07pm On Jan 22, 2018
I am hearing d hornets want to trade kemba,they shudnt try it because of him I watch their game nd also am afraid his career might end up like Aaron brooks nd Ty Lawson....
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 10:37pm On Jan 22, 2018
And coaches like Lue and Walton still have their jobs

Mtchewwwwwwwwww
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:30pm On Jan 22, 2018
Decale:
And coaches like Lue and Walton still have their jobs

Mtchewwwwwwwwww

This is a very sad decision, irresponsible if you ask me. I thought he was doing a decent job considering the depth and quality of his roster. Giannis already sounds upset about it and that may affect what he chooses to do when the time comes.

I was watching Bron's post-game interview after the loss to OKC and he refused to speak up for Lue. In Lue's best interest it would be best Bron leaves, else he would get fired. Lue has had no coaching input, I am not even sure he understands systems and tactics. Walton is not a good fit for the Lakers but I think he has grossly underachieved with this Lakers side. If the Lakers are serious, they should head to Miami or Dallas to get one of those coaches.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 4:32am On Jan 23, 2018
If Lebron criticizes Lue he is criticising himself. Lue has never been a coach. He was Blatt's assistant and has become Lebron's. Blatt even had a better record than Lue all round before he was fired. But bad reffing, cheating by NBA front office, unfit Steph and brainfart moments by Kerr made Lue what he is today.

I still think they are the team to beat come playoffs time. Beating Lebron 4 times without Gordon by the Celts is near impossible but stranger things have happened.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:31am On Jan 23, 2018
And of course poor K. Love bears the brunt of the pathetic situation in Cleveland.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:05am On Jan 23, 2018
Hardetayour:
Person Wey him hair dey block him floaters. Him coach suppose use lawn mower remove am

LMAOOO grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 9:16am On Jan 23, 2018
Eruditor:
If Lebron criticizes Lue he is criticising himself. Lue has never been a coach. He was Blatt's assistant and has become Lebron's. Blatt even had a better record than Lue all round before he was fired. But bad reffing, cheating by NBA front office, unfit Steph and brainfart moments by Kerr made Lue what he is today.

I still think they are the team to beat come playoffs time. Beating Lebron 4 times without Gordon by the Celts is near impossible but stranger things have happened.
It was obvious the players did not like and want to play for David Blatt. I feel that was why he was fired. Lue does not look like he is in control of the team.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 9:19am On Jan 23, 2018
Roland17:
And of course poor K. Love bears the brunt of the pathetic situation in Cleveland.
The same way they always criticize him,i wish they give him all the credit he deserves when they are doing well but they do not sad. Their actions are annoying. For me,asides LBJ,he is the best player on that team currently.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 11:28am On Jan 23, 2018
Roland17:

Someone cannor fall sick again ooo. Didn't know his scoring was now important in that game after D.Rose and IT came back, or his amazing defense.

The guy should demand a trade. One ring is enough for a person that constantly feels disrespected.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 12:01pm On Jan 23, 2018
Decale:

Someone cannor fall sick again ooo. Didn't know his scoring was now important in that game after D.Rose and IT came back, or his amazing defense.

The guy should demand a trade. One ring is enough for a person that constantly feels disrespected.

I totally agree with you bro...
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jan 23, 2018
Decale:

Didn't lebron take a leave of two weeks once partying in miami because he was going through something? Don't know what he was going through because he was busy living it up with his buddy in miami.

Ah, blaming the white guy.

oshi o da ni ile pako
Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 1:27pm On Jan 23, 2018
I was surprised when I saw K Love being mentioned too. What happened to JR Smith and Crowder. Playing shit as starters.

But K Love that's averaging doubles is still the problem. Pathetic set of people.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 4:23pm On Jan 23, 2018
1. Cavs won the trade.
2. We're the deepest team in the league and deeper than the warriors
3. We need time for the chemistry.
4. Wait for Isaiah to be back.
5. Kevin Love bailed out on the team..

Throw the whole cleveland (Yes, I used small letter c) and their sport franchises in the trash can.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 5:21pm On Jan 23, 2018
aliondo:

It was obvious the players did not like and want to play for David Blatt. I feel that was why he was fired. Lue does not look like he is in control of the team.

Nope.

Blatt was coach of the year in Israel. Like Kerr, they adopted this pass-cut basketball but Lebron felt it did not help his own game. It was Lebron that did not like Blatt not the other players. Blatt took GSW to game 6 without KLove and Kyrie and the games were barely blow outs when they lost apart from game 6. Lue was getting blownout for fun till the NBA stepped in.

Lue has kept his job because everyone knew Lebron needed him as a figure head. If Lue loses his job it will be because Lebron left Cavs or because Lebron himself made Lue the fall guy.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:44pm On Jan 23, 2018
LeBron James congratulates LeBron James on 30,000pts prior to tonight's game.

Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 7:24pm On Jan 23, 2018
Doc Rivers has to be added to one of those coaches that surprisingly hold a job.

If I be Lou Williams, I go beat am till he loses his love for LA and his son. Rubbish...
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 10:37pm On Jan 23, 2018
Eruditor:

Nope.

Blatt was coach of the year in Israel. Like Kerr, they adopted this pass-cut basketball but Lebron felt it did not help his own game. It was Lebron that did not like Blatt not the other players. Blatt took GSW to game 6 without KLove and Kyrie and the games were barely blow outs when they lost apart from game 6. Lue was getting blownout for fun till the NBA stepped in.

Lue has kept his job because everyone knew Lebron needed him as a figure head. If Lue loses his job it will be because Lebron left Cavs or because Lebron himself made Lue the fall guy.

Not undermining Blatt's role but LBJ deserves credit too for that playoff series without kyrie and K.love. But i agree with you on Lue and LBJ.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 10:39pm On Jan 23, 2018
Decale:
Doc Rivers has to be added to one of those coaches that surprisingly hold a job.

If I be Lou Williams, I go beat am till he loses his love for LA and his son. Rubbish...
Sometimes i ask myself...Is Doc overated or its sentiment that is affecting his coaching?
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 12:56am On Jan 24, 2018
Is it right to say Boogie is the best big man in NBA? shocked shocked
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 1:17am On Jan 24, 2018
Weird Lou Williams and Paul George didn't make it. Green and Thompson are having an okay season unlike those other 2 especially Thompson. At least my man, Dame gets his first rodeo

And Lowry over Kemba is unacceptable. Beal did get in finally!!!! Hallelujah!!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 1:54am On Jan 24, 2018
Decale:
Weird Lou Williams and Paul George didn't make it. Green and Thompson are having an okay season unlike those other 2 especially Thompson. At least my man, Dame gets his first rodeo

And Lowry over Kemba is unacceptable. Beal did get in finally!!!! Hallelujah!!!!

Lou plays well for 10 games then he should be an all-star?

Do you know why (Warriors bias aside) I feel Klay and Draymond should and rightly made that team? Because when we get to the NBA finals again that is all everyone will keep saying just to push this hurting parity in the league narrative.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 2:08am On Jan 24, 2018
Eruditor:

Lou plays well for 10 games then he should be an all-star?

Do you know why (Warriors bias aside) I feel Klay and Draymond should and rightly made that team? Because when we get to the NBA finals again that is all everyone will keep saying just to push this hurting parity in the league narrative.

My own problem na mainly Paul George not getting in. Would take out Klay Thompson tbvh. And Lou Williams inconsistencies aren't like Thompson's. Lou even does that from the bench, taking his team from 11th to playoff contention and simultaneously having his name in the history books. That's All Star quality there

If we're talking about gathering of team players with a wonderful record, then that's understandable. But na individual performances plus impact maketh an All Star mostly...

Thompson, Lowry and Horford are mainly there for their team standings. When we know Drummond, Kemba and Dragic are having better seasons. Ditto YGtrece and Lou

In summary: Na Paul George dey vex me pass...

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge10(m): 2:12am On Jan 24, 2018
They pick my boy KAT for reserve ...? cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 2:14am On Jan 24, 2018
No jokes...pls how did P.G not make this all star team? shocked shocked
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 2:19am On Jan 24, 2018
Did Pop just call a timeout cos crowder made a three? grin cheesy...Its just 14 secs into the game..
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:33am On Jan 24, 2018
So yeah... i just got out of anger management and what a day too.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:33am On Jan 24, 2018
Huge respect to the Spurs organization for announcing and celebrating Bron's 30,000th point.

Congrats to the Queen.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 2:34am On Jan 24, 2018
Vorkalth:
So yeah... i just got out of anger management and what a day too.

Lol

Welcome back...
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:36am On Jan 24, 2018
If theres any team that qualifies as lebrons nemesis its the San Antonio Spurs. Played three finals against them including his first.

It's only fitting he reaches this symbolic landmark against them.

For those who started watching basketball more recently, that jumper is reminiscent of the one he hit against the Spurs to seal the championship for the miami heat in 2013.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 2:36am On Jan 24, 2018
aliondo:
No jokes...pls how did P.G not make this all star team? shocked shocked

My brother...

Someone that's having the best or second best season of his life ooo.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:43am On Jan 24, 2018
Decale:

Lol

Welcome back...

Thanks.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 2:50am On Jan 24, 2018
Men dem...

Congrats Bron. Have yourself a career...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (747) (748) (749) (750) (751) (752) (753) ... (2208) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.