Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,843 members, 7,831,730 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (751) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1641021 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (748) (749) (750) (751) (752) (753) (754) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:36am On Jan 24, 2018
Decale:

My own problem na mainly Paul George not getting in. Would take out Klay Thompson tbvh. And Lou Williams inconsistencies aren't like Thompson's. Lou even does that from the bench, taking his team from 11th to playoff contention and simultaneously having his name in the history books. That's All Star quality there

If we're talking about gathering of team players with a wonderful record, then that's understandable. But na individual performances plus impact maketh an All Star mostly...

Thompson, Lowry and Horford are mainly there for their team standings. When we know Drummond, Kemba and Dragic are having better seasons. Ditto YGtrece and Lou

In summary: Na Paul George dey vex me pass...

But P.G has been inconsistent too. Good season he is having notwithstanding. Lou cannot make a case for himself with 11 games over a 46 game season as we stand.

Has Klay been inconsistent? Yes. But in his inconsistency he is almost 50: 40: 90. He is actually on 48: 45: 88 (best 3pt record in the NBA for number made and percentage) while playing defense. I actually think he is being overlooked because he is in GSW.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:50am On Jan 24, 2018
George hill trade almost completed. Good first step by koby, use Hill as the starting PG. Trade Nets 2018 first round pick, Cavs 2018 first round pick, IT, TT, JR and get Cousins or PG or whoever.

Hill will provide playmaking and Spacing, great shooter and best of all isnt a defensive liability.

Whoever the cavs get will replace the scoring IT was supposed to give minus the defensive liability.

Wade should be a starter. Hill, Wade, Lebron Love and PG/Cousins will be deadly. Fvck, i dont even want to dream about it but imagine kawhi and lebron! Damn!

And if its true that IT is leaking stuff or pointing fingers at love then his bad defense is the last thing the cavs need to worry about. He needs to get gone.

New coach also needed, Mark Jackson is free. This team needs to be revamped!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:09am On Jan 24, 2018
Vorkalth:
George hill trade almost completed. Good first step by koby, use Hill as the starting PG. Trade Nets 2018 first round pick, Cavs 2018 first round pick, IT, TT, JR and get Cousins or PG or whoever.

Hill will provide playmaking and Spacing, great shooter and best of all isnt a defensive liability.

Whoever the cavs get will replace the scoring IT was supposed to give minus the defensive liability.

Wade should be a starter. Hill, Wade, Lebron Love and PG/Cousins will be deadly. Fvck, i dont even want to dream about it but imagine kawhi and lebron! Damn!

And if its true that IT is leaking stuff or pointing fingers at love then his bad defense is the last thing the cavs need to worry about. He needs to get gone.

New coach also needed, Mark Jackson is free. This team needs to be revamped!

From a strategic business standpoint especially with regards to competitiveness and attractiveness of a franchise, it would be suicidal for the Cavs to throw everything without any clarity about Bron's future.
Moreso, while Hill may provide a better presence defensively form the point guard position, he would slow down the Cavs and that would only exacerbate the pathetic transition defense the Cavs are currently suffering.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 5:14am On Jan 24, 2018
Eruditor:

But P.G has been inconsistent too. Good season he is having notwithstanding. Lou cannot make a case for himself with 11 games over a 46 game season as we stand.

Lol. Nah. He's been doing that for 17 games plus since the roster got injured. Prior to that, he also had some 20+ points games from the bench with the same FGs as Thompson but less minutes.

You can't average 23 points a game and have only 11 good games...

You can't average the most points (31ppg) since December and have only 11 good games...

You can't have the most 40 point and 30 point games since that span and have only 11 good games, brother... You can't have the most 3 pointers and free throws (best FT percentage too) since then and it's 11 games

Man dropped 40 points from the bench, the only player this season since Lou Williams did it last. Also gave 50 points and an L at the Oracle Arena. How about the 30 and 10 steals, etc etc?

Let's not forget what he did for the team, having one time the best stretch in the league.

I can go on and on why Lou or PG deserves it more than Klay.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 5:32am On Jan 24, 2018
Decale:

Lol. Nah. He's been doing that for 17 games plus since the roster got injured. Prior to that, he also had some 20+ points games from the bench with the same FGs as Thompson but less minutes.

You can't average 23 points a game and have only 11 good games...

You can't average the most points (31ppg) since December and have only 11 good games...

You can't have the most 40 point and 30 point games since that span and have only 11 good games, brother... You can't have the most 3 pointers and free throws (best FT percentage too) since then and it's 11 games

Man dropped 40 points from the bench, the only player this season since Lou Williams did it last. Also gave 50 points and an L at the Oracle Arena. How about the 30 and 10 steals, etc etc?

Let's not forget what he did for the team, having one time the best stretch in the league.

I can go on and on why Lou or PG deserves it more than Klay.

But you can, when you are the primary scorer for your team compared to the other guy who is 3rd in his team and plays waaay more D than you. The amount of minutes Lou has played is inconsequential if all his minutes are scoring minutes compared to Klay who atimes guards the best guards in the game.

I commend Lou for having an 11-game span of wonderful scoring and playing (not that he has played only 11 good games) but Klay has a stronger case as 3rd option.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:06am On Jan 24, 2018
I don't like how we are playing tonight. Too many ISO's and trading baskets with a Lakers team that wants to run. We should be controlling the pace of this game.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:18am On Jan 24, 2018
Take advantage of the mismatch and pound the glass. That is what I am talking about. We are making this game more difficult than it should be.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:40am On Jan 24, 2018
We would be lucky to escape LA with a W because we have failed to control the pace of the game.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:56am On Jan 24, 2018
M. Smart played hero ball to the detriment of the team and that is one of the issues with Smart. That was a very silly shot, he should have passed the ball to Rozier who was open.
Re: The NBA Begins by Ewuro4: 6:58am On Jan 24, 2018
wow, to throw free throw na work
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 7:35am On Jan 24, 2018
Eruditor:

Has Klay been inconsistent? Yes. But in his inconsistency he is almost 50: 40: 90. He is actually on 48: 45: 88 (best 3pt record in the NBA for number made and percentage) while playing defense. I actually think he is being overlooked because he is in GSW.

Are you saying klay deserves a spot over P.G? shocked
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:52am On Jan 24, 2018
Roland17:

From a strategic business standpoint especially with regards to competitiveness and attractiveness of a franchise, it would be suicidal for the Cavs to throw everything without any clarity about Bron's future.
Moreso, while Hill may provide a better presence defensively form the point guard position, he would slow down the Cavs and that would only exacerbate the pathetic transition defense the Cavs are currently suffering.

I see it as a trap. They dont revamp things now lebron has an excuse to leave. If they give him all this and he still leaves he tarnishes his legacy. Its a gamble worth taking because they may never get an opportunity like this ever again.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 7:54am On Jan 24, 2018
Roland17:
M. Smart played hero ball to the detriment of the team and that is one of the issues with Smart. That was a very silly shot, he should have passed the ball to Rozier who was open.
Love me some Smart but i feel he is kinda inconsistent. sad
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 7:57am On Jan 24, 2018
aliondo:

Are you saying klay deserves a spot over P.G? shocked

He does.

Drummond can argue about Horford making it over him but not P.G in the west over Klay. P.G is the 2nd scorer in his team right? And he is less efficient than Klay with almost the same PPGs.

So what is this outrageous talk Westbrook is talking about?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:11am On Jan 24, 2018
Eruditor:

He does.

Drummond can argue about Horford making it over him but not P.G in the west over Klay. P.G is the 2nd scorer in his team right? And he is less efficient than Klay with almost the same PPGs.

You love your warriors team and you will defend them no matter how unreasonable your argument sounds. You probably also think Draymond should have made it ahead of PG as well. I'm not saying this to disparage you, but this is something i have noticed about you.

But somehow i feel that discredits every statement you make.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 8:12am On Jan 24, 2018
Eruditor:

He does.

Well..everybody entitled to their own opinions but one thing i know for sure is that numbers dont lie...Bro,pls check the stats..
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:14am On Jan 24, 2018
aliondo:

Well.. everybody entitled to their own opinions but one thing i know for sure is that numbers dont lie...Bro,pls check the stats..

That line solves all the troubles of this world mate. Agree to disagree. Especially since hes a warriors fan hes supposed to be subjective.

Peace.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:17am On Jan 24, 2018
Kuzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Lmaoooo

A Lonzo Ball-less Lakers worked the Celtics. cheesy

I was being told they were title contenders. grin grin

Jayson TomTom,4-5-0. grin grin

Most disgraceful statline by a rookie surrounded by so many talents,obviously cost us the game with his poor performance,should be traded to the Pelicans for Anthony Davis.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 8:21am On Jan 24, 2018
VivaLaByke:
Kuzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Lmaoooo

A Lonzo Ball-less Lakers worked the Celtics. cheesy

I was being told they were title contenders. grin grin

Jayson TomTom,4-5-0. grin grin

Most disgraceful statline by a rookie surrounded by so many talents,obviously cost us the game with his poor performance,should be traded to the Pelicans for Anthony Davis.
Lol..was waiting for you to show up after a great win cheesy grin..To win the celtics is not easy..
Seems they were not just at their best tho.. sad
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:21am On Jan 24, 2018
De Aaron Fox dropping a 7-1-0 statline....LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. grin

Certain mans said this dude is a top5 rookie and also better than Lonzo Ball. grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:22am On Jan 24, 2018
aliondo:

Lol..was waiting for you to show up after a great win cheesy grin..To win the celtics is not easy..
Jayson TomTom...Rookie of the year for December cost us the game.

Everyone else delivered except him. angry angry
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:32am On Jan 24, 2018
Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,I'm milking this Jayson TomTom disaster class for a month. cheesy

Anytime he dunks,we hear "OOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGG,can't believe a 19year old can dunk like that"

The most basic thing to do in the NBA. undecided

This is another awful big game performance from him,I don't wanna hear any "He's only 19" excuse. cheesy

Thank God the whole world saw Kuzma,without his starting point guard,is 1000000000000000>>>>>>>>> times superior. grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:37am On Jan 24, 2018
Lmaooooooooooooo.

Just clocked that Marcus Smart took a clutch 3 in the fourth quarter. grin grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 9:37am On Jan 24, 2018
Hmm
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 1:19pm On Jan 24, 2018
Roland17:

I've complained about him before here. The guy is great defensively but for offense...Always acting like Allen Iverson.

He doesn't know when to give it a rest
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 1:21pm On Jan 24, 2018
aliondo:

You really need to stop quoting that guy

He only shows up when his team loses without Lonzo or when other rookies put up a bad game.

He's as plastic as it gets and doesn't deserve an attention
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 1:25pm On Jan 24, 2018
Vorkalth:

You love your warriors team and you will defend them no matter how unreasonable your argument sounds. You probably also think Draymond should have made it ahead of PG as well. I'm not saying this to disparage you, but this is something i have noticed about you.

Lol. You do the same and that's what entails being a fan: You support your players no matter what.

That's why it's good to be a Bulls fan with your best player being Kris Dunn..You see other things more clearly grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 1:52pm On Jan 24, 2018
aliondo:

Well..everybody entitled to their own opinions but one thing i know for sure is that numbers dont lie...Bro,pls check the stats..

I did. Before I posted. His numbers are not great compared to his previous 2 years (so I don't know where people got this talk about his great season). He had 20.9 ppg to Klay's 20.3. All his efficiencies while at it are lower than Klay's and Klay is the 3rd option on his own team.

Even I am not saying Klay's season is otherworldly, but someone who wants to make a case for Kyrie for e.g, will not use his ppg as a reason to justify his All-star spot, as even that seems slightly lower than last year. What Kyrie has going for him is his allround game and conference topping record. So why should the standard change for Klay?
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 1:57pm On Jan 24, 2018
Eruditor:

But you can, when you are the primary scorer for your team compared to the other guy who is 3rd in his team and plays waaay more D than you. The amount of minutes Lou has played is inconsequential if all his minutes are scoring minutes compared to Klay who atimes guards the best guards in the game.

I commend Lou for having an 11-game span of wonderful scoring and playing (not that he has played only 11 good games) but Klay has a stronger case as 3rd option.

That's the point you're missing. This is an All Star game, selected for how good you are in scoring/passing not for defending. Nobody plays defense in an All Star game

If we're talking about All defensive team or All NBA first team or whatever, then your point would have more stronghold.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 1:58pm On Jan 24, 2018
Vorkalth:

Draymond and PG don't compete for all-star positions but even at that, it is not PG or Lou that would unjustify Klay's inclusion. You can bring me a worthy candidate and I would accept. Klay is a 3rd option in a team with the best record and his numbers are very decent in all ramifications. Compare his number to all other 3rd options around the NBA let us see.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:00pm On Jan 24, 2018
Decale:

That's the point you're missing. This is an All Star game, selected for how good you are in scoring/passing not for defending. Nobody plays defense in an All Star game

If we're talking about All defensive team or All NBA first team or whatever, then your point would have more stronghold.

So 20.9 is sooo far off 20.3 in ppg for 2nd and 3rd options?

Or GSW players should not make it since individuals may not have high assist numbers considering we move the ball alot?
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 2:22pm On Jan 24, 2018
Eruditor:
Even I am not saying Klay's season is otherworldly, but someone who wants to make a case for Kyrie for e.g, will not use his ppg as a reason to justify his All-star spot, as even that seems slightly lower than last year. What Kyrie has going for him is his allround game and conference topping record. So why should the standard change for Klay?

Kyrie and Klay are completely different. No other PG in the East is averaging points up to Kyrie and let's not forget his impact on the team.

PG on the other hand is having a better defensively and offensively season than Klay without looking at the stats. He makes up a whole lot of the team's offense unlike Klay. His starters make up 80% of Thunder points, which means when he's not on court, there's problem; still unlike Klay.

No how, no how wey you go twist this thing, even with all the third option talk that Klay is better than PG and Lou Williams this season. When you're 3rd option, you don't get to have more luxury than people that are the carriers of their team. Laye laye

And overall, his style of play is more enjoyable than watching Klay shoot midrange, 3 balls and bland layups in an All Star game. I will sleep...

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (748) (749) (750) (751) (752) (753) (754) ... (2229) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: Roland17(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.