Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,906 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:57 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (855) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1618140 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (852) (853) (854) (855) (856) (857) (858) ... (2200) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:43pm On Apr 26, 2018
A40:
Lol I have KD. I don't need no Lebron. My defenders are better my shooters are better. You don't have a prayer son

I have KD and Lebron and kawhi.

Steph - Lillard

Klay - Klay

PG - Kawhi

KD - kD

Lebron - Embiid.

You only win one match up there, barely.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:45pm On Apr 26, 2018
NictisZorander:

But oladipo is not lebron. He should be on the same level as k love and thats what is supposed to put the cavs over the top but they both arent performing, what i'm saying is their disappearance acts cancel out in terms of what they bring to their teams.
You're talking in terms of talent which no one is disputing. I'm talking of the shots Oladipo is taking and missing and denying others the opportunity to contribute

You ought to compare Love to a Bogdanovic or whoever the B guy in their team is

We can't neglect the disparity in production of the best player in either team while trying to engage in any critical analysis
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:48pm On Apr 26, 2018
NictisZorander:

I have KD and Lebron and kawhi.

Steph - Lillard

Klay - Klay

PG - Kawhi

KD - kD

Lebron - Embiid.

You only win one match up there, barely.
I win every defensive matchup bar KD and Klay. Offensively, Lebron v Embiid is your only edge. Try again
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:48pm On Apr 26, 2018
A40:
You can't tell me the likes of Rose. Crowder and Wade would not have taken some of the load of Lebron. Lue is really a terrible coach for not making that team work.

Good as Lebron has been Oladipo shooting 7/35 in the last two games is really why we still have a series. I don't even know if I can call him a fraud because that Game 1 was not sustainable. Still his regression seems to be worse than last season at OKC. Maybe he is just reverting to mean

Perhaps Jimmy Butler and the Timberwolves are a more appropriate team to term as a fraud

Baba, I will cut Oladipo some slacks because this is the first post season where he is the most important player for his team. He has never been in a position where he is doubled constantly and the focus of the opponents defense adjustments. After game one, Lue doubled him and he has struggled since then. The next phase of his improvement will be better decision making when he is doubled. I maintained this stance when he drove for that goal tend that was not called. He should have dunked the ball or kicked the ball out to the wings and even if they missed the shot, the clock would have expired.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:50pm On Apr 26, 2018
A40:
You're talking in terms of talent which no one is disputing. I'm talking of the shots Oladipo is taking and missing and denying others the opportunity to contribute

You ought to compare Love to a Bogdanovic or whoever the B guy in their team is

We can't neglect the disparity in production of the best player in either team while trying to engage in any critical analysis

Okay how about this, the best version of lebron will always outplay the best version of Dipo. The best version of Love will always outplay the best version of Turner/Collison/Bogdan.

If we are talking about players playing to their potential, we cant just ignore the same phenomenon on the opposition and assume such things only factor in for one team.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:51pm On Apr 26, 2018
donlittle25:

His first time leading a team in the playoffs.

I will let it slide, but same thing can't happen next year.

fi omo yen sile, he just wan follow you yarn by force by fire. body don dey pepper am as no one gree follow am talk
There should be a baseline level of production if you ask me whether as a vet or a rookie. Oladipo has failed on 3 occasions to produce at that level.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:53pm On Apr 26, 2018
A40:

I win every defensive matchup bar KD and Klay. Offensively, Lebron v Embiid is your only edge. Try again

PG over Kawhi defensively?

I'm done.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:56pm On Apr 26, 2018
donlittle25:

fi omo yen sile, he just wan follow you yarn by force by fire. body don dey pepper am as no one gree follow am talk

LMAO! You are getting desperate Bide. cheesy

If you want to start a campaign against me at least just have the decency to not be a pussy about it.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 7:01pm On Apr 26, 2018
A40:
Challenge for the house
James Harden-PG
Kevin Durant-PF
Embiid - C
Kawhi- SF
Paul GEORGE - SG

We don't joke on offense and defense.. grin

A40 picked a good team. No lie

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:02pm On Apr 26, 2018
NictisZorander:

Okay how about this, the best version of lebron will always outplay the best version of Dipo. The best version of Love will always outplay the best version of Turner/Collison/Bogdan.

If we are talking about players playing to their potential, we cant just ignore the same phenomenon on the opposition and assume such things only factor in for one team.
Uggghh it's not about best version of anything nigga this ain't NBA Jam!!

Is the best player for the Cavs shooting at 20% from the field in the last two games while they are losing by less than 5 pts?

Lebron is playing at superhuman level while Oladipo is playing lower than G-League level and the Cavs have won by just 7 pts in the last two games.

This is not about potential but about one star playing at rock bottom level
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:03pm On Apr 26, 2018
NictisZorander:

PG over Kawhi defensively?

I'm done.
My team is better defensively. Not up for debate. Offensively my team is still better. Give it a rest
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 7:04pm On Apr 26, 2018
A40:
There should be a baseline level of production if you ask me whether as a vet or a rookie. Oladipo has failed on 3 occasions to produce at that level.

I understand your point but being a young guy, with no serious vet presence on his team, I will give him a pass.

It becomes an issue for me if he doesn’t take this experience and come better next year.

I however do agree, if he performs a little bit better, or made better decisions yesterday, his team would have won the game.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:07pm On Apr 26, 2018
A40:
My team is better defensively. Not up for debate. Offensively my team is still better. Give it a rest

I reiterate only advantage you have here is Steph over lillard. Kawhi is better than Paul George. LeBron is better than embiid. Defensively sound enough and with good enough shooters to allow LeBron to rip you apart offensively.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:08pm On Apr 26, 2018
donlittle25:

I understand your point but being a young guy, with no serious vet presence on his team, I will give him a pass.

It becomes an issue for me if he doesn’t take this experience and come better next year.

I however do agree, if he performs a little bit better, or made better decisions yesterday, his team would have won the game.
Guys like Lance Stephenson have not helped matters either with patented bonehead decision making.

I'm not mad at Oladipo tbh I didn't think they would drag the Cavs this seriously. Most Cavs fans actually called a sweep. More of disappointment with how badly he has played! Missing wide open looks amongst many other foibles
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:09pm On Apr 26, 2018
A40:
Uggghh it's not about best version of anything nigga this ain't NBA Jam!!

Is the best player for the Cavs shooting at 20% from the field in the last two games while they are losing by less than 5 pts?

Lebron is playing at superhuman level while Oladipo is playing lower than G-League level and the Cavs have won by just 7 pts in the last two games.

This is not about potential but about one star playing at rock bottom level

I didn't know only one player decides a series. How can you conclude that one player not showing up is the reason on team beats another when a player almost as good on the other team is also performing woefully? If both dipo and love were performing, this would be a sweep.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:12pm On Apr 26, 2018
NictisZorander:

I reiterate only advantage you have here is Steph over lillard. Kawhi is better than Paul George. LeBron is better than embiid. Defensively sound enough and with good enough shooters to allow LeBron to rip you apart offensively.
LeNomad can't protect the rim like Embiid can (weak side blocks is not rim protection)

My scorers are better and I have the luxury of 3 guys that can slow LeNomad down.

There is little to separate PG and Kawhi defensively

You don't have a prayer mate
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:19pm On Apr 26, 2018
NictisZorander:

I didn't know only one player decides a series. How can you conclude that one player not showing up is the reason on team beats another when a player almost as good on the other team is also performing woefully? If both dipo and love were performing, this would be a sweep.
Who decided Game 1 for Indy? Who has been deciding it for the Cavs since?

Has Love performed as badly as Oladipo has? Love has taken 14 fewer shots than Oladipo in the last two games so comparing their relative impact to their respective teams is laughable
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:21pm On Apr 26, 2018
Roland17:

Baba, I will cut Oladipo some slacks because this is the first post season where he is the most important player for his team. He has never been in a position where he is doubled constantly and the focus of the opponents defense adjustments. After game one, Lue doubled him and he has struggled since then. The next phase of his improvement will be better decision making when he is doubled. I maintained this stance when he drove for that goal tend that was not called. He should have dunked the ball or kicked the ball out to the wings and even if they missed the shot, the clock would have expired.

Give it a rest will you?

Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 7:22pm On Apr 26, 2018
A40:
Guys like Lance Stephenson have not helped matters either with patented bonehead decision making.

I'm not mad at Oladipo tbh I didn't think they would drag the Cavs this seriously. Most Cavs fans actually called a sweep. More of disappointment with how badly he has played! Missing wide open looks amongst many other foibles
im actually amazed by how far they have dragged this series like you said

Making Lebron play this much game early on has intrigued me. I wonder the last time he played this much minutes eearly on in the playoffs.

I doubt if any team can make Cleveland struggle till the nba finals.

It remains to be seen. I am calling that they will sweep everyone till the NBA finals.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 7:33pm On Apr 26, 2018
SmooshCHN:
Eruditor free this guy.. I swear if it was Draymond who came on the floor to push someone like Russ did in game 4, the NBA wouldn't hesitate to ban him I'm game 5.. Wait!! Didn't they suspend him when they gave him a tech after the game when LeBron said Draymond called him a Bïtch??
Someone's legacy you think he wouldn't play like a God? Of course he will at any chance he gets. Careers, millions was on the line yesterday what were you expecting? A 20pts blowout?? Gobert even stayed too long in the game. Ekpe Udoh (why are some Nigerians always so useless in crunch time sef? I've not forgiven Festus for that gave 7) just came to mark register and free the lane. Gobert came back then the offensive foul on that rebound.
No need to dey argue abeg. As you keep talking about the main thing, he keeps shifting goal post. I watched the game live and the 3rd quarter was horrible. Russ was excellent but he wasn't when Gobert was in there. We've watched this thing for too long we know how it goes. How do you give a guy a technical after a finals game? A finals series and then suspend him for calling someone a Bïtch? A team not mentally fit and ready would always blow that kind of lead when things start cooking.
If you're new to the NBA, you wouldn't understand how refs change momentum. Notice how the refs didn't even review a Oladipo goal tending in the last two minutes but will review will normally review it in a 3rd quarter. Of course the whole Cavs team is hyped and the Pacers melt cos they got blocked and forgot they had a foul to give. And then LeClutch drains the 3. Basketball isn't like soccer. One chance and everything changes.
Yeah..like when he was banned when he kicked Adams twice...Abeg stop being one-sided..These things do happen..No need to make a fuss about....
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:43pm On Apr 26, 2018
A40:
Who decided Game 1 for Indy? Who has been deciding it for the Cavs since?

Has Love performed as badly as Oladipo has? Love has taken 14 fewer shots than Oladipo in the last two games so comparing their relative impact to their respective teams is laughable

If love had performed in game 1 would oladipo have decided game 1?

As to their impact, even not taking a shot is a knock on live because he's been stripped almost consistently while trying to post up, he's passed up shots he normally takes without hesitation and is shooting at a shameful percentage just like dipo.
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 8:13pm On Apr 26, 2018
Oladipo is too athletic and fast. Create multiple screens and let him cut off screens and drive to the rack.

If the jumper isn’t there, just take it to the hole. I want a seven game series abeg
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:11pm On Apr 26, 2018
NictisZorander:

If love had performed in game 1 would oladipo have decided game 1?

As to their impact, even not taking a shot is a knock on live because he's been stripped almost consistently while trying to post up, he's passed up shots he normally takes without hesitation and is shooting at a shameful percentage just like dipo.
I've told you I'm making straight up comparisons between the best two players in each team. You bring Love I bring Bogdanovic and it degenerates to a massive clusterfuck which is why I limited it to Oladipo and LeNomad.

You're mentioning Love but he has the luxury of a LeNomad. Oladipo doesn't have no LeNomad behind him. He is their 'LeNomad'
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 9:13pm On Apr 26, 2018
NictisZorander:

Give it a rest will you?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/7032094_img20180427022057_jpege33680333db160036bbe1bf4392044f0

Oh boy

MitrikDenholm go dey look you dey happy say person dey wey no get sense pass am!!!

Mitrik was dumb but we just witnessed history.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:06pm On Apr 26, 2018
Roland17:

It's more of a disappointment thing for me in the sense that I see a player who has flattered to deceive.

If you remember last year and the OKC series a similar scenario happened albeit in slightly different circumstances and it looked like Westbrook was dulling his shine.

I think he is getting decent looks despite the double teams. He has been guilty of settling for the jump shot a little too often.

Unlike Westbrook who I predicted would bounce back I don't know yet if Oladipo can be trusted
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 10:17pm On Apr 26, 2018
birdman:

Mad scientist lineup

Lebron
Davis
Klay
Kawhi
CP3

Awon science student.... cool

82-0 abi? A40 u sure sey u fit win playoffs series undecided
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:57pm On Apr 26, 2018
birdman:

82-0 abi? A40 u sure sey u fit win playoffs series undecided
Embiid go clog that paint against anybody. That KD/PG tandem is also lights out on both ends. I no know the miracle you wan perform but it would be nice to see
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:23am On Apr 27, 2018
A40:
I've told you I'm making straight up comparisons between the best two players in each team. You bring Love I bring Bogdanovic and it degenerates to a massive clusterfuck which is why I limited it to Oladipo and LeNomad.

You're mentioning Love but he has the luxury of a LeNomad. Oladipo doesn't have no LeNomad behind him. He is their 'LeNomad'

Yeah. Bogdanovic is on Kevin Love's level. undecided
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:32am On Apr 27, 2018
Called it. Out of bounds! Could argue the goal tend wouldn't have happened if the refs made the right call in the first place so...Sh.it happens.

Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 1:37am On Apr 27, 2018
A40:
Embiid go clog that paint against anybody. That KD/PG tandem is also lights out on both ends. I no know the miracle you wan perform but it would be nice to see
Embiid wey go carry injury after 1 game

grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:56am On Apr 27, 2018
I fear neither the Wizards nor the raptors in the semis. I fear neither the celtics nor the bucks in the ECF, I just want the team most likely to eliminate the 76ers in the semis to win. Not that we won't beat the 76ers as well, I'd just prefer the ECF be a breeze while those bums out west kill each other.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:39am On Apr 27, 2018
What's with the friggin confetti?

(1) (2) (3) ... (852) (853) (854) (855) (856) (857) (858) ... (2200) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.