Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,870 members, 7,813,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:53 PM

Do You Advice Christians In The North To Attend Church On New Year? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Advice Christians In The North To Attend Church On New Year? (918 Views)

See Reactions Of People When IPOB Tells Igbos Living In The North To Return Home / Jega Working With North To Install Buhari - Edwin Clark & Alex Akueme / Photos: Jonathan Worships At Dunamis Gospel Church On New Year Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Advice Christians In The North To Attend Church On New Year? by lilkech(m): 11:51pm On Dec 25, 2011
FROM THE RECENT HAPPENINGS IN OUR NATION I BELIEVE THAT THE 'INFAMOUS' BOKO BOYS WILL BE CONCOCTING A PLAN TO UNLEASH TERROR ON NEW YEAR DAY (1/01/2012)

Should the Christians in nothern Nigeria go to worship & thank God in church on that day or just kneel in the comfort of their homes to do so?

Left to me I think church sounds good . . . . THAT IS BY FAR THE BEST VENUE TO DIE . . . .

Or isn't it?
Re: Do You Advice Christians In The North To Attend Church On New Year? by NegroNtns(m): 12:00am On Dec 26, 2011
I believe they should, yes they should not stay away from church in fear of Boko. However, they must not go to church armless either!

I would want the Northern communities to establish vigilante groups with full inventory of heavy armor to protect their communities. They should cordon off access roads and mount checkpoints into and out of main thoroughways and their tributary roads. Anyone not living in the community and who cannot account for his presence there should be turned away and warned not to linger around or return. If the warning is not heeded the person should be arrested. If he proves difficult he should be summarily shot. One stubborn lost life is better than hundreds of innocent ones bombed or shot to death.

They should go to worship but go with self-organized security and community control for access. ''F" federal government, you are on your own and you must protect your land against the enemy.
Re: Do You Advice Christians In The North To Attend Church On New Year? by mikuz(m): 12:52am On Dec 26, 2011
so you opine they carry arms when coming to church?
Re: Do You Advice Christians In The North To Attend Church On New Year? by NegroNtns(m): 1:00am On Dec 26, 2011
YES!!!! Look, when the white man brought church, he had bible in hand and firearm under his cassock. Why cant these people, in face of threats, do the same to keep their life and church? Yes, i support it. if their piousness prevent them from entering with it then they should keep armed guards outside church. their best option really is to use cordon and perimeter security to control access and safety. That way they are safe without the need to go in temple with a firearm.
Re: Do You Advice Christians In The North To Attend Church On New Year? by Idowuogbo(f): 1:12am On Dec 26, 2011
Yes i will go if i was courageous enough , but God help those who help themselves.Sayin a prayer @ home will be advisable so dier beloveds dont suffer such traumatising loss if going ends up bin a disaster.
Re: Do You Advice Christians In The North To Attend Church On New Year? by NegroNtns(m): 1:18am On Dec 26, 2011
. . . . .and if they bring the terror to their homes, then where should they go for refuge?
Re: Do You Advice Christians In The North To Attend Church On New Year? by lilkech(m): 5:14am On Dec 26, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

. . . . .and if they bring the terror to their homes, then where should they go for refuge?

DEM BOKO BOYS WON'T GO ABOUT PLANTING BOMBS IN PEOPLES HOMES

THE MAIN AIM OF A 'TERRORIST' ATTACK IS TO MAXIMISE CASUALTIES

A REGULAR HOME WILL NOT SATISFY THE BOKO NEED FOR MASS 'INNOCENT' CASUALTIES (MAYBE THEY COULD PLANT THEIR BOMBS THROUGHT A FULL STREET FOR ADDED EFFECT)

UNLESS OF COURSE IT IS A WELL PLANNED 'ASSASINATION' ATTEMPT
Re: Do You Advice Christians In The North To Attend Church On New Year? by NegroNtns(m): 5:44am On Dec 26, 2011
oh, of course that would be a waste and high risk effort, but notice I did not say bomb, I said terror. wink Beside bomb they also use ride-by on okada to spray people down, including in residential areas. right?
Re: Do You Advice Christians In The North To Attend Church On New Year? by EzeUche(m): 5:49am On Dec 26, 2011
Remember that the Early Christians were martyrs for our faith so do not be afraid of these Boko Haram people.

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/29/Joseph_Martin_Kronheim_-_Foxe's_Book_of_Martyrs_Plate_VII_-_Death_of_Cranmer.jpg/245px-Joseph_Martin_Kronheim_-_Foxe's_Book_of_Martyrs_Plate_VII_-_Death_of_Cranmer.jpg[/img]
Re: Do You Advice Christians In The North To Attend Church On New Year? by Lasinoh: 8:05am On Dec 26, 2011
[size=20pt]Should the Christians in nothern Nigeria go to worship & thank God in church on that day or just kneel in the comfort of their homes to do so?

Left to me I think church sounds good . . . . THAT IS BY FAR THE BEST VENUE TO DIE . . . . Or isn't it?[/size]

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

What a joke! cheesy Una dey fia to quench under Boko Haram bombs? shocked

Why should Christians be afraid to die in Church? Abi una nor wanno be like "Christ"? grin
I think they should go on New Year's day and every Sunday and any day according to their faith.
After all to be Christian nor be for mouth.
Jesus Christ did not complain when he was killed for them abi?
Time to pay back.

Please. . . do not hesitate to meet thy makers! kiss
In your father's house. . . there are many mansions waiting for y'awl!
Go and receive your blessings of eternal life. . . no need doing 'awon psychedelic-SYNCHRO-SYSTEM' Christians for mouth abi?

Haba! Time to go to heaven go meet God. . .that is LOVED so much. . . life don dey sweeet! grin
What hypocrites! Everyone want's to see heaven, but no one wants to die.
Boko Haram is not afraid to die. . . nieither should you so-called Christians. Go and prepare to meet thy maker. . . .LIKE THEM!!!!

Mu che che che che che che!!!
Re: Do You Advice Christians In The North To Attend Church On New Year? by lilkech(m): 9:28am On Dec 26, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

oh, of course that would be a waste and high risk effort, but notice I did not say bomb, I said terror. wink Beside bomb they also use ride-by on okada to spray people down, including in residential areas. right?

HA HA HA HA

THOSE BOKO BOYS ARE CLASSIC

I CAN JUST IMAGINE THEM CLIMBING BIKE TO PERFORM A 'DRIVE - BY' SHOOTING

THAT WILL REALLY BE INGENIOUS IN BRINGING TERROR TO THE HOMES OF CHRISTIANS THIS NEW YEAR
Re: Do You Advice Christians In The North To Attend Church On New Year? by freecocoa(f): 9:45am On Dec 26, 2011
I don't think they should go,even the bible said "THOU SHALT NOT TEMPT THE LORD THY GOD",that he said "you shall tread on snakes and scorpion but it will not harm you doesn't imply you should see a snake infested ground and go treading on it,that I'm a follower of christ doesn't mean I'll lose common sense,God can be worshiped anywhere so not going to church to worship for obvious reasons won't change how you feel about him if you truly love him.
Re: Do You Advice Christians In The North To Attend Church On New Year? by Pharoh: 9:51am On Dec 26, 2011
^^^^

The same question i asked on the other thread and i was almost crucified for that, boko haram said they will throw bombs on Christmas day at churches so what was the point going to church on that particular day.

They will surely throw bombs on new year day and you will see people gathered together to be blown up by their bombs in churches and other places.
Re: Do You Advice Christians In The North To Attend Church On New Year? by ArQueBusieR(m): 9:55am On Dec 26, 2011
Go to church as usual. . .
Re: Do You Advice Christians In The North To Attend Church On New Year? by talktrue1(m): 10:15am On Dec 26, 2011
Pharoh:

^^^^

The same question i asked on the other thread and i was almost crucified for that, boko haram said they will throw bombs on Christmas day at churches so what was the point going to church on that particular day.

They will surely throw bombs on new year day and you will see people gathered together to be blown up by their bombs in churches and other places.

you mean that all the xtians in the north should not go to church again and only the muslims should be going to mosque freely.
we are cowards. we should be thinking on how to avenge and split this country as they wish. remember israel and pakistan
Re: Do You Advice Christians In The North To Attend Church On New Year? by Idowuogbo(f): 10:25am On Dec 26, 2011
freecocoa:

I don't think they should go,even the bible said "THOU SHALT NOT TEMPT THE LORD THY GOD",that he said "you shall tread on snakes and scorpion but it will not harm you doesn't imply you should see a snake infested ground and go treading on it,that I'm a follower of christ doesn't mean I'll lose common sense,God can be worshiped anywhere so not going to church to worship for obvious reasons won't change how you feel about him if you truly love him.
On point i no no you self dey come politics come flex, i guess d news got to us hard blawddy foooolssss angry angry angry angry angry

talk true:

you mean that all the xtians in the north should not go to church again while the muslims should go to mosque freely.
we are cowards. we should be thinking on how to avenge and split this country as they wish. remember israel and pakistan
U are d coward for suggesting division , i mean is it going to change the hatred and the attacks

Boko haram already said "Nigeria belongs to Allah ", now if ur stupiddddd suggestion takes to effect does it stop them from waging war against christians.

Now slap yourself for spewing bullshitttt angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Do You Advice Christians In The North To Attend Church On New Year? by Jakumo(m): 10:33am On Dec 26, 2011
Were I in a declared war zone such as northern Nigeria is today, all my prayers would be uttered AT HOME, where a Holy Thunder-Stick lies close at hand to assist any home-invasion guests on their way to that virgin wonder-land they so crave to reach.
Re: Do You Advice Christians In The North To Attend Church On New Year? by lilkech(m): 10:38am On Dec 26, 2011
talk true:

you mean that all the xtians in the north should not go to church again and only the muslims should be going to mosque freely.

IF CHRISTIANS ARE TO RETALIATE THEN I BELIEVE THE MUSLIM 'SALLAH' SEASON WOULD BE A NICE TIME TO DO SO

ASSUMING THIS STUFF WAS NOT CHURCH RELATED I WOULD HAVE ADVISED THAT THEY SHOULD VISIT BABA FOR CONFIRMED 'ODESHI' AMULETS TO WEAR TO CHURCH SERVICE

MY BROTHER . . . AS IT STANDS RIGHT NOW NO 'GOD FEARING - RIGHT THINKING - AIR BREATHING - BIBLE READING - GOSPEL PREACHING' CHRISTIAN NIGERIAN WILL VENTURE TO SET FOOT IN ANY CHURCH ON NEW YEAR DAY IN THE NORTHERN PART OF THIS DECAYING COUNTRY

I REALLY PITY PASTORS OVER THERE . . . THEIR BUSINESS HAS VIRTUALLY COLLAPSED THIS SEASON
Re: Do You Advice Christians In The North To Attend Church On New Year? by Jakumo(m): 10:43am On Dec 26, 2011
lilkech:

I REALLY PITY PASTORS OVER THERE . . . THEIR BUSINESS HAS VIRTUALLY COLLAPSED THIS SEASON

Have no fear, son, for if the pastors pray hard enough, Jesus will personally write them a consolation check to support their ten wives and fifteen offspring until such time as the paying congregation members overcome their fear of explosions and once again return to pay cash for more church audiences with God's brach-office managers in northern Nigeria.
Re: Do You Advice Christians In The North To Attend Church On New Year? by lilkech(m): 11:40pm On Dec 26, 2011
IT COULD BE POSSIBLE THAT THE NEXT WAVE OF BOKO BOMB ATTACKS WENT OFF IN THE SOUTH & SOUTH EAST

THEY KNOW THAT ON NEW YEAR DAY MOST NORTHERN CHURCHES WOULD BE EMPTY AND THEN THEY MIGHT JUST DECIDE TO TASK THEIR SOUTHERN SECT TO COME UP WITH SOMETHING JUICY AND SURPRISING

ITS A GLARING POSSIBILITY . . . I AND MY FAMILY HAVE EVEN DECIDED TO SKIP CHURCH SERVICE ON THAT DAY JUST TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Beware Of A Worldwide Backlash On Muslims - This Could Be A Ploy / Un Disowns Official Over Comment On Subsidy Removal / Igbos In Kano Defy Security Challenges, Honour Ikemba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.