Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,942 members, 7,814,186 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

Nigerians Beware Of A Worldwide Backlash On Muslims - This Could Be A Ploy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Beware Of A Worldwide Backlash On Muslims - This Could Be A Ploy (918 Views)

Postponement Of Ministerial Screening Ploy To Delay Saraki’s Trial - Group / Boko Haram Attack: A Ploy For Amnesty? / Ben Bruce Proffers Solution To Nigeria's Fuel Scarcity, Suffers Backlash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Beware Of A Worldwide Backlash On Muslims - This Could Be A Ploy by Nobody: 2:42am On Dec 30, 2011
Something has been nagging my mind for a while now, though I seem to be at the forefront of exposing radical Islam , but definitely not denigrating peaceful Muslims.

But what if ? What if there is a sinister ploy that will unleash the greatest genocide against a people that the world has ever seen  undecided

The hatred for Muslims is hitting earthquake proportions worldwide , and while it is true that radical islam is a threat that must be contained and removed permanently , we should not allow ourselves to be used as tools for the muder or massacre of our fellow Nigerians and Muslims for that matter.

Remember Rwanda ? almost a million dead in a few weeks.

From where I am in the UK , to what I read on forums across Europe, Asia , Africa etc, there seems to be a violent hatred and almost maniacal thirst for revenge on all and every Muslim within sight.

The only obstacle now is the laws of the land and a seemingly stable economy in the US and Europe.

My fear is that when it gets to a stage where people have nothing to lose, they could show their true colors, just like the aftermath of the 1930s recession in Germany ,which was the massacre of 6 million Jews.

While I will , and we must continue to combat this menance of fundamental Islamic terrorism, we should be on guard , lest we become participants in a violent uprising that will make Jihad look like kindergartem.

Take all sincere Muslims as your brothers and sisters, be prepared to protect them in times of dire need, refuse to join the bandwagon of murderous gangs.

If you have noticed I use the word Muslims ( people like you and me ) and not ISLAM.

Radical ISLAM is the reason for this backlash , they are shooting themselves in the foot with all this terror and exposing their brethren to danger.

Now I have got this off my chest , I can sleep well tonight  grin
Re: Nigerians Beware Of A Worldwide Backlash On Muslims - This Could Be A Ploy by koruji(m): 2:55am On Dec 30, 2011
Oh really? Are you going to blame a mother that lost 3 kids at Madalla of engaging in a sinister ploy of hate against muslims.

It is people and organizations like al qaeda and boko haram that REALLY HATE MUSLIMS.

How many Christians have al qaeda bombings around the world killed? The answer? Much smaller than the number of muslims. Osama Bin Laden was responsible for the largest slaughter of muslims since at least a couple of hundred years.

A religion under which such violence finds a place will eventually be hated by all.

It is like the Roman Catholic Church complaining of being hated during the inquisition. Even ages after they repented from that dark period, they are still paying for those sins - although not all Catholics engaged in the act. Muslims must develop an active approach for preventing the rise, as well as methods for putting down, such violent elements in their midst.

It is well and good that muslim scholars can now see the danger of the new BH dimension, but this point was mapped out a long time ago in their radical speeches to the "faithful". There are muslim scholars who openly preach such violence in promotion of the religion  - that is where to begin the cleansing.

frosbel:

Something has been nagging my mind for a while now, though I seem to be at the forefront of exposing radical Islam , but definitely not denigrating peaceful Muslims.

But what if ? What if there is a sinister ploy that will unleash the greatest genocide against a people that the world has ever seen undecided

The hatred for Muslims is hitting earthquake proportions worldwide , and while it is true that radical islam is a threat that must be contained and removed permanently , we should not allow ourselves to be used as tools for the muder or massacre of our fellow Nigerians and Muslims for that matter.

From where I am in the UK , to what I read on forums across Europe, Asia , Africa etc, there seems to be a violent hatred and almost maniacal thirst for revenge on all and every Muslim within sight.

The only obstacle now is the laws of the land and a seemingly stable economy in the US and Europe.

My fear is that when it gets to a stage where people have nothing to lose, they could show their true colors, just like the aftermath of the 1930s recession in Germany ,which was the massacre of 6 million Jews.

While I will , and we must continue to combat this menance of fundamental Islamic terrorism, we should be on guard , lest we become participants in a violent uprising that will make Jihad look like kindergartem.

Take all sincere Muslims as your brothers and sisters, be prepared to protect them in times of dire need, refuse to join the bandwagon of murderous gangs.

Now I have got this off my chest , I can sleep well tonight grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians Beware Of A Worldwide Backlash On Muslims - This Could Be A Ploy by Nobody: 3:00am On Dec 30, 2011
koruji:

Oh really? Are you going to blame a mother that lost 3 kids at Madalla of engaging in a sinister ploy of hate against muslims.

Absolutely not, I am not a proponent of Radical Islam , on the contrary I am of the school of thought that this menace must be removed from the country once and for all and decisively at that.

What we should not condone are actions which we ourselves have condemned on innocent Muslims who have nothing to do with the violence in the first place and in many cases are also victims.

So attacking Muslims in the South because of what happened in the North is a NO NO !!
Re: Nigerians Beware Of A Worldwide Backlash On Muslims - This Could Be A Ploy by koruji(m): 3:25am On Dec 30, 2011
Nobody will ever advocate attacking innocent people in reprisal.

However, the reality is that this wil be the outcome if the muslim community does not actively help put it down quickly.

It is not as if BH started these acts today. They have being doing this for over two years, and because nobody has stood up to them they keep escalating it. The fact is, at some point, it will become unbearable.

This story reminded me of the muslim-turned-pastor that was attacked a few years back up north - macheted, eyes poked out and left for dead. Fortunately, he survived with deep scars, one-eyedness, etc. His sin? He exercised his right to choose his religion. Commendably, he was preaching forgiveness.

It is interesting that one of BH's excuses for starting this was the police action against the sect during their 2009 riot - but what does that have to do with innocent police officers that were not involved, but are being killed at random?

Moreover, what does that have to do with CHRISTIANS? I'll tell you. BH's OBJECTIVE RIGHT FROM THE BEGINNING WAS TO START A RELIGIOUS WAR IN NIGERIA. REASON: THEIR LEADER SET UP A CAMP WAY BEFORE 2009 AND NAMED IT AFGHANISTAN. That should tell you exactly where they were going. 

frosbel:

Absolutely not, I am not a proponent of Radical Islam , on the contrary I am of the school of thought that this menace must be removed from the country once and for all and decisively at that.

What we should not condone are actions which we ourselves have condemned on innocent Muslims who have nothing to do with the violence in the first place and in many cases are also victims.

So attacking Muslims in the South because of what happened in the North is a NO NO !!

Re: Nigerians Beware Of A Worldwide Backlash On Muslims - This Could Be A Ploy by efisher(m): 5:15am On Dec 30, 2011
You have all presented interesting perspectives on the subject. Soon after the 9/11 attack, muslims in USA had to endure high levels of hatred. People would refuse to enter busses / planes which had a passenger that looked like or dressed like a muslim. The ban of the use of "coverings" (dunno if it's called hijab) in places like France may not be unconnected to the effects of islamic extremism.

We should be mature enough not to allow the dastardly acts of the evil elements in the muslim community to affect our sense of reasoning. But then, muslims have a huge role to play because, in the end, it is their freedom that will be more severely affected.
Re: Nigerians Beware Of A Worldwide Backlash On Muslims - This Could Be A Ploy by Nobody: 12:10pm On Dec 30, 2011
efisher:

You have all presented interesting perspectives on the subject. Soon after the 9/11 attack, muslims in USA had to endure high levels of hatred. People would refuse to enter busses / planes which had a passenger that looked like or dressed like a muslim. The ban of the use of "coverings" (dunno if it's called hijab) in places like France may not be unconnected to the effects of islamic extremism.

We should be mature enough not to allow the dastardly acts of the evil elements in the muslim community to affect our sense of reasoning. But then, muslims have a huge role to play because, in the end, it is their freedom that will be more severely affected.

absolutely !!
Re: Nigerians Beware Of A Worldwide Backlash On Muslims - This Could Be A Ploy by EzeUche(m): 12:14pm On Dec 30, 2011
And I care? These Nigerian Muslims have not been very tolerant. My patience for them has run thin. . .
Re: Nigerians Beware Of A Worldwide Backlash On Muslims - This Could Be A Ploy by EzeUche(m): 12:15pm On Dec 30, 2011
No peace for those who threaten the innocence.
Re: Nigerians Beware Of A Worldwide Backlash On Muslims - This Could Be A Ploy by Nobody: 12:28pm On Dec 30, 2011
EzeUche:

And I care? These Nigerian Muslims have not been very tolerant. My patience for them has run thin. . .

I understand where you are coming from, we Igbos have been the main victims of their madness.

But those Northerners who live among us , must be protected and feel secure , to drive home the point that we our more tolerant and civilised than their brothers in the North.
Re: Nigerians Beware Of A Worldwide Backlash On Muslims - This Could Be A Ploy by unphilaz(m): 12:38pm On Dec 30, 2011
hi frosbel i feel what you saying esp in the middle belt and precisely nasarawa state where in a family you would have a mixture of christians,muslims and animists. really its really a thing of concern. hope de muslims will expose da evil ones among them.
Re: Nigerians Beware Of A Worldwide Backlash On Muslims - This Could Be A Ploy by Nobody: 1:07pm On Dec 30, 2011
unphilaz:

hi frosbel i feel what you saying esp in the middle belt and precisely nasarawa state where in a family you would have a mixture of christians,muslims and animists. really its really a thing of concern. hope de muslims will expose da evil ones among them.

Thanks, we will win in the end.
Re: Nigerians Beware Of A Worldwide Backlash On Muslims - This Could Be A Ploy by EzeUche(m): 1:27pm On Dec 30, 2011
frosbel:

I understand where you are coming from, we Igbos have been the main victims of their madness.

But those Northerners who live among us , must be protected and feel secure , to drive home the point that we our more tolerant and civilised than their brothers in the North.

Sorry but all people have a tipping point. Regardless of how civilized they are. . .

We consider Americans "civilized" but Muslims in the U.S. became very uncomfortable.
Re: Nigerians Beware Of A Worldwide Backlash On Muslims - This Could Be A Ploy by Arosa(m): 2:23pm On Dec 30, 2011
Nice one frosbel, we need peace in Naija. Muslims across the nation should come out in mass to demonstrate against boko haram.
Re: Nigerians Beware Of A Worldwide Backlash On Muslims - This Could Be A Ploy by Pharoh: 2:39pm On Dec 30, 2011
^^^ They better do that and more before the situation escalates into a situation where it will be a fight between Muslims and Christians with no respect to radical or cool Muslims.
Re: Nigerians Beware Of A Worldwide Backlash On Muslims - This Could Be A Ploy by Chyz2: 2:53pm On Dec 30, 2011
frosbel:

But what if ? What if there is a sinister ploy that will unleash the greatest genocide against a people that the world has ever seen undecided

If you have noticed I use the word Muslims ( people like you and me ) and not ISLAM.

Radical ISLAM is the reason for this backlash , they are shooting themselves in the foot with all this terror and exposing their brethren to danger.

Now I have got this off my chest , I can sleep well tonight grin

You are a western propagandist and I have told you to get off of this nigerian site. Islam is YOUR problem.Stop trying to get support for your evil deeds.

You all should stop paying this fool Frosbel any mind.
Re: Nigerians Beware Of A Worldwide Backlash On Muslims - This Could Be A Ploy by Nobody: 3:34pm On Dec 30, 2011
Chyz*:

You are a western propagandist and I have told you to get off of this nigerian site. Islam is YOUR problem.Stop trying to get support for your evil deeds.

You all should stop paying this fool Frosbel any mind.

Typical terrorist !!

I just hit a raw nerve , hahaha   grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Un Disowns Official Over Comment On Subsidy Removal / Igbos In Kano Defy Security Challenges, Honour Ikemba / Doubts Resurface Over Obama's Nationality. Birth Certificate Allegedly Forged

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.