Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,800 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan (19076 Views)

Nigerians Must Live With The Consequences Of "CHANGE" - FFK / Murtala Foundation Offers Buhari Fresh Opportunity To Debate With Jonathan / Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by bilaya(m): 12:09am On Dec 26, 2011
President Goodluck Jonathan on Sunday in Abuja described the bombings in the county as a burden Nigerians must live with until it fizzles out.

Jonathan made the remark when he received in audience a delegation of the Christian Community in FCT led by FCT Minister Bala Mohammed.

Jonathan said there was no justification for the crime and called on Nigerians to continue to pray for peace in the country.

The president was reacting to the bomb blast that occurred in the early hours of Sunday in Madalla, in Niger, shortly after the end of a church service.

“We have challenges as a nation; even this morning, a very ugly incident happened in a Catholic Church. We are yet to get the number of deaths in the incident.

“The issue of bombing is one of the burdens we must live with. It will not last forever; I believe that it will surely be over,’’ he said.

Condoling with the families of those who lost their lives in the incident, Jonathan said that there was no reason for such an act to be carried out on a Christmas day.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/12/bomb-blast-a-burden-we-must-live-with-%E2%80%93-jonathan/
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by bilaya(m): 12:10am On Dec 26, 2011
Jeez! This man is completely incompetent.Why d hell did i vote for this guy? Is this all he has to say? May God help all of us.
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by NegroNtns(m): 12:16am On Dec 26, 2011
President Goodluck Jonathan on Sunday in Abuja described the bombings in the county as a burden Nigerians must live with until it fizzles out.

lmao, Jonathan is a comedian!!! grin May GOD help that Cameroon or Niger or Republic of Benin do not get ambitious in this regime and declare war against our country, it will truly be over.
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by Nobody: 12:37am On Dec 26, 2011
definitely did not choose his words carefuly!!!!

How does a President encourage people to live with sucide bombings?
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by Basseti: 12:40am On Dec 26, 2011
He should fire his speech writers, all of them. angry

Those choice of words were horrible.

It does nothing to soothe agitated nigerians and it certainly gives the Boko Haram peeps more spring in their steps.

Until it fizzles out? Haba Mr President!!!!!
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by mikuz(m): 12:43am On Dec 26, 2011
no doubt,even if a nation like benin republic wages war against us then we are finished.
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by Idowuogbo(f): 12:43am On Dec 26, 2011
Omgggg dis is wot we get from a zoo-lander , dis guy suppose win zoo vigilante instead of presidential elections mstewwwww  angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by mikuz(m): 12:45am On Dec 26, 2011
hmm
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by mikuz(m): 12:46am On Dec 26, 2011
well,
lets watch and pray till it fizzles out!!!!
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by OAM4J: 12:49am On Dec 26, 2011
What? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Is this what the president has to say?

Brethren we are in trouble! sad
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by Idowuogbo(f): 12:52am On Dec 26, 2011
^i dey tell u we don jam nonsense , am actually pissssed offf blawdddy GOAT!!!

We complain about his wifey's bullets now u see y dey shud liv happily ever after Humpty Dumbties
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by adora4u1: 1:07am On Dec 26, 2011
“The issue of bombing is one of the burdens we must live with, ". This is worse than "My fellow widows, ".
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by drnoel: 1:11am On Dec 26, 2011
rubbish
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by OAM4J: 1:11am On Dec 26, 2011
Idowuogbo:

We complain about his wifey's  bullets now u see y dey shud liv happily ever after Humpty Dumbties

To say am disappointed in Mr President at this time is an understatement.
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by Leopantro: 1:12am On Dec 26, 2011
what a refreshing breeze of fresh air
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by NegroNtns(m): 1:14am On Dec 26, 2011
He should fire his speech writers, all of them.

No, we should fire the President!  if the speechwriters were drunk, was he, the president, blind?  Doesn't Jonathan have phd?  Ms Kokolette could have delivered a more sensible response, though we may have to wade our way through the bullets.   grin grin
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by freecocoa(f): 1:15am On Dec 26, 2011
Holy infant jesus! Chei what a clueless,stuppid,fooolish,incompetent infidel we have for a president,I wish a relative of his is killed then he'll really know what it feels like to live with such burden,had it been I voted for the Goat,I'm sure I'd have killed myself but not by committing suicide
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by puskin: 1:16am On Dec 26, 2011
WTF.
Now I am totally convinced that GEJ has finally lost it.
This dude's head needs to be examined embarassed
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by whiteroses(f): 1:18am On Dec 26, 2011
If I was the president I will handle this situation better, I will go and see the top notch northern and islam leaders personally in their cave we'll have regular meetings. They are evil and dumb obviously but they will be made to understand that this act is evil and barbaric. I dont see any form of communication between any parties Jonathan goodluck as his name implies meant Good luck Nigeria with your dommed nation. Dear jesus save us!
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by lee007(m): 1:18am On Dec 26, 2011
Well although this is not the time for me to say to Gullible Nigerians who voted for him that 'I TOLD YOU SO', regardless this Jona guy keeps registring it in the conciousness of Nigerians that we made a sucidal mistake by voting for him, our house is definately on fire, i dont even know how to describe how i feel about Naija at the moment, you need to see how naija is now been percieved abroad here, Brethren we are truely  in Trouble!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by alfablondy: 1:19am On Dec 26, 2011
I think it is time for oga Jona to fizzle out of the presidency
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by ArQueBusieR(m): 1:19am On Dec 26, 2011
Is this man crazy?
I've just read about how families were annihilated, and how dying people with mortal wounds were begging their priest to bless them. This man is a terrible leader.
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by puskin: 1:20am On Dec 26, 2011
. . . . . .and I tot the late Yar'adua was clueless.
GEJ is worse.
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by TeeStarhh(f): 1:23am On Dec 26, 2011
we all thought he was d MAN but we are seeing different things sad
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by Nobody: 1:25am On Dec 26, 2011
Idowuogbo:

We complain about his wifey's bullets now u see y dey shud liv happily ever after Humpty Dumbties

Who are you kidding? You just dey here to stalk my husband abi?
Find ya own. Oya, one. . . .two. . . .three. . . . angry tongue

OAM4J:

To say am disappointed in Mr President at this time is an understatement.

Dont mind her. I've taken care of that gal, she will not be posting here again angry

Ku odun keresimesi, oko mi ololufe mi jare. kiss kiss
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by Nobody: 1:29am On Dec 26, 2011
Not sure why am disappointed!

never considered this man brilliant enough to run an LGA let alone Nigeria!
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by SHUPZY(m): 1:30am On Dec 26, 2011
Now  I  know  dat  presidency  is  not  by  going  2  sch  or  having  a  Phd .Jonathan  has  failed  d  country, If  dis  happen  in  the  developed  world  they  will  
call  for  his  resignation  , I  know  dat  the  English  press  will  knw  how  2  paint  this  statement  in  which  he(Mr  president )will  resign  with  no  one  telling  him .
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by cold(m): 1:31am On Dec 26, 2011
Please someone tell me those were not his exact words but just an orchestrated plot by the media to tar the president with the paint of ridicule & mockery.I strongly doubt those were his exact words,otherwise we are finished
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by VoodooDoll(m): 1:31am On Dec 26, 2011
These words are not inspiring.
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by NegroNtns(m): 1:34am On Dec 26, 2011
I've just read about how families were annihilated, and how dying people with mortal wounds were begging their priest to bless them.

hmm, very sad and painful to visualize. May blessings and peace comfort their journey!
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by MissEZ(f): 1:36am On Dec 26, 2011
Why are we acting surprised? This is not the first time that Jonathan will make stupid statements during bombing crisis. Shey he has said before that terrorism is everywhere and this is Nigeria's turn, lets add his latest statement to the pile of insensitive remarks that he has made.

What makes me sad is that people will sit down and defend a person like this, a man who heads a government who doesnt care about what the common man is going through. Is it because boko haram does not have easy access to him and his cronies that he shows no respect for those who have lost their lives, family members and such to the bombings? Lets us stop celebrating mediocrity in our leaders. Jonathan is not a good leader for Nigeria.

My condolence to those who have lost loved ones.
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by Chyz2: 1:40am On Dec 26, 2011
Wow! shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2019: Atiku Explains Why He Didn’t Perform Under Obasanjo, Speaks On Looting Pub / "2023: Tinubu And His Mind Game" by Oke Umurhohwo / Bakassi Youths Vow To Surpass Boko-Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.