Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,567 members, 7,827,137 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Jonathan Nominated Person Of The Year 2011 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Nominated Person Of The Year 2011 (4003 Views)

Jonathan Nominated Obanikoro And Seven Others As Ministers / Exclusive: Why Jonathan Nominated PDP Member As EFCC Secretary, Then Dropped Him / Jonathan Nominated In Time Magazine's 100 Most Influential People List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Nominated Person Of The Year 2011 by ceomike(m): 10:53am On Dec 27, 2011
President Goodluck Jonathan was nominated by Ynaija alongside Rotimi Amaechi,Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala,Sanusi Lamido, and Aliko Dangote.

We would like to know what you think.

Does Jonathan deserve to be nominated despite the problems faced in the country?

Source: http://gog.li/gte
Re: Jonathan Nominated Person Of The Year 2011 by obowunmi(m): 10:55am On Dec 27, 2011
Ynaija are very irrelvant crooks, looking for contracts from the FG. Dem too wan chop national cake.
Re: Jonathan Nominated Person Of The Year 2011 by Nobody: 1:06pm On Dec 27, 2011
Another dumb post to ve the vultures here insult the president
Re: Jonathan Nominated Person Of The Year 2011 by Lasinoh: 1:11pm On Dec 27, 2011
Why should Jonathan be blamed for the problems facing Nigeria? Do you blame Obama for the problems he inherited from his predecessors? If he is voted the person of 2011. . .then he deserves it. . . ACCORDING TO THE PEOPLE WHO VOTED. . . just like your NL awards. Why should you care? undecided
Re: Jonathan Nominated Person Of The Year 2011 by IykeD(m): 1:12pm On Dec 27, 2011
obowunmi:

Ynaija are very irrelvant crooks, looking for contracts from the FG. Dem too wan chop national cake.

you just said my mind! My late dog "Bruno" is more deserving of an award than that clueless man called GEJ. At least, my dog back in da days chased two robbers away.
Re: Jonathan Nominated Person Of The Year 2011 by PointB: 1:14pm On Dec 27, 2011
Certainly, he was the most important in Nigeria this year and he made the most headlines.
Re: Jonathan Nominated Person Of The Year 2011 by itiswell1(m): 1:20pm On Dec 27, 2011
Why not. He deserves it as the most clueless man I have ever seen.
Re: Jonathan Nominated Person Of The Year 2011 by Nobody: 1:29pm On Dec 27, 2011
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Person_of_the_year

Person of the Year (formerly Man of the Year) is an annual issue of the United States newsmagazine Time that features and profiles a person, group, idea or object that "for better or [b]for worse, , has done the most to influence the events of the year."[1][/b]

going by time's definition he should get person of the year

he has influenced so many strata of the polity

security
stability
liquidity
public confidence

FOR WORSE
Re: Jonathan Nominated Person Of The Year 2011 by Nobody: 1:31pm On Dec 27, 2011
Ozin:

Another dumb post to ve the vultures here insult the president

vultures feed off carrion

we can't help it if your messiah is deader than yarDOA.
Re: Jonathan Nominated Person Of The Year 2011 by IbroSaunks(m): 1:32pm On Dec 27, 2011
I still don't think the president deserves this much blaim for all this
Re: Jonathan Nominated Person Of The Year 2011 by gregg2: 1:33pm On Dec 27, 2011
1) Conducted most credible elections in Nigeria's history

2)Farewell to fuel queues

3)Credible economic team

4)Peace in Niger Delta

5)Stable economy

6) Improved power supply

etc etc etc etc etc

Yes, like it or take a swim in the atlantic, he deserves the award.
Re: Jonathan Nominated Person Of The Year 2011 by IbroSaunks(m): 1:40pm On Dec 27, 2011
gregg2:

1) Conducted most credible elections in Nigeria's history

2)Farewell to fuel queues

3)Credible economic team

4)Peace in Niger Delta

5)Stable economy

etc etc etc etc etc

Yes, like it or take a swim in the atlantic, he deserves the award.

electricity supply is a bit better too
Re: Jonathan Nominated Person Of The Year 2011 by GoldCircle: 1:53pm On Dec 27, 2011
is this a joke? if so, pls move this to jokes section.
Re: Jonathan Nominated Person Of The Year 2011 by LEXYLOV: 2:03pm On Dec 27, 2011
Action speak louder than voice, during the idiagbon/buhari regime even blind and deaf n dumb know that there was an effective regime happening. defending GEJ or nominate him for whatever is not the case, the matter is that he should try and prove itself so that nobody will dare say any rubbish about him. As for now he is unaware of the post is holding and that make him to be lame duck or clueless as people say. undecided
Re: Jonathan Nominated Person Of The Year 2011 by Pukkah: 2:39pm On Dec 27, 2011
Some Nigerians are just funny. So electricity has improved?
Re: Jonathan Nominated Person Of The Year 2011 by Fhemmmy: 3:04pm On Dec 27, 2011
I read thru all the post here and i am yet to see anything to make him deserve such . . . .
Re: Jonathan Nominated Person Of The Year 2011 by digi101(m): 3:31pm On Dec 27, 2011
i guess this poster just woke up from eating too much xmas rice! Award ko , deward ni. Nonsense! A lot of folks really think that the status quo will continue, instead of calling a spade a spade its to join them so u can get your share. But beware, o jo nbo ni Oluwa wi (The Day is coming says the Lord); when vengeance shall have the floor.
Re: Jonathan Nominated Person Of The Year 2011 by Gboliwe: 3:40pm On Dec 27, 2011
Pukkah:

Some Nigerians are just funny. So electricity has improved?
greatly improved and you know it, exept you want to lie about it.
Re: Jonathan Nominated Person Of The Year 2011 by Mayflowa(m): 3:49pm On Dec 27, 2011
So Many of you here dont know anything( You just enjoying or working your arse out in the west). Am sorry to be harsh. Nigeria is not the way you left it. Am sure a christian Northerner knows the reality. Northern Muslim have openly declared a jihad in the name of Boko Harem, You are blaming the president. Who can work in the wake of insecurity! He has tried thus far.
Fighting it is hard. First we dont have data and records of people. Secondly, these are people's brothers. Religion has brainwashed it through politics. I fear for Nigeria. The worse is yet to come. Northern muslims have become intorrelant of their so called infidels.

Go ahead and vote Northerner next time. I tell you their will be measure of peace only that the gap between muslim and christian in Nigeria would get wider and murderous. You need to be in the north to understand this. Even northern leaders can't openly speak against them because they fear for their life and unpopularity among their people. To them, this is an Holy War, SUPPORTED BY Koran.

Maybe you all never would need Southern President. Only then we would fine. Is this exceptable in a country of one Nigeria?
Re: Jonathan Nominated Person Of The Year 2011 by murtalaa(m): 3:59pm On Dec 27, 2011
We pray for good leadership under uncle jona which is seriously lacking in Nigeria.

Brazil, a country that was formerly at par with Nigeria interms of economic development

has now trounced England to emerge 6th strongest economy in the world.

This is coming just as uncle jona is busy with subsidy removal, tollgate

introduction as well as preaching the gospel of eating cassava bread!
Re: Jonathan Nominated Person Of The Year 2011 by eros(m): 4:07pm On Dec 27, 2011
This thread is a joke and those saying ODECHUKWU has done much for this country are worse than RETARDEEN himself.

Bunch of clowns.
Re: Jonathan Nominated Person Of The Year 2011 by Pukkah: 4:18pm On Dec 27, 2011
Gboliwe:

greatly improved and you know it, exept you want to lie about it.

@Gboliwe, let's be specific please. What's there to lie about? This is about facts and not about emotions.

I ask: by what percentage has electricity improved compared to 1 year or 2 years ago?

What exactly did Jonathan do to achieve the improvement?

Has the improvement affected the consumption of petrol and diesel for generators?

Has the improvement affected the capacity utilization of factories and manufacturers?

Is the improvement perceptible in places (in Lagos for example) like Marina, Ikeja Industrial Estate, Computer Village, Balogun Market, etc where the noisy drone of generators and their putrid emission daily rent the air?
Re: Jonathan Nominated Person Of The Year 2011 by kizito96(m): 6:35pm On Dec 27, 2011
Coward of the Year
Re: Jonathan Nominated Person Of The Year 2011 by doctokwus: 9:08pm On Dec 27, 2011
He is d 149millionth nigerian man of d year,
Re: Jonathan Nominated Person Of The Year 2011 by gbame(m): 9:12pm On Dec 27, 2011
When u talk of Person Of The Year 2011 what easily come to my mind is Goodluck Jonathan and boko haram. you see with Jonathan's speech of 'I am not a Pharaoh' and Boko haram barnishing him (Jonathan) to Aso Rock during Independence day celebrations I think he is a coward and Boko Haram deserve to win the 'Person Of The Year 2011' award.
Re: Jonathan Nominated Person Of The Year 2011 by sniperwolf(m): 9:15pm On Dec 27, 2011
Goodluck hasn't done any shhiit since he became President. He deserves no award
Re: Jonathan Nominated Person Of The Year 2011 by damola1: 10:37pm On Dec 27, 2011
shame,
Re: Jonathan Nominated Person Of The Year 2011 by Nobody: 10:49pm On Dec 27, 2011
Nothing surprising, this was a Nigerian award.

Something that can be bought and sold.
Re: Jonathan Nominated Person Of The Year 2011 by Gboliwe: 5:36am On Dec 28, 2011
Pukkah:

@Gboliwe, let's be specific please. What's there to lie about? This is about facts and not about emotions.

I ask: by what percentage has electricity improved compared to 1 year or 2 years ago?

What exactly did Jonathan do to achieve the improvement?

Has the improvement affected the consumption of petrol and diesel for generators?

Has the improvement affected the capacity utilization of factories and manufacturers?

Is the improvement perceptible in places (in Lagos for example) like Marina, Ikeja Industrial Estate, Computer Village, Balogun Market, etc where the noisy drone of generators and their putrid emission daily rent the air?
Within you lies the answer. Be honest
Re: Jonathan Nominated Person Of The Year 2011 by simpleseyi: 6:52am On Dec 28, 2011
If you truly think that Jona deserves this award, please put your money where your mouth is by enjoying the new year celebration in Maiduguri, Bauchi or Yobe state, we shall meet on the judgment day by the feet of our Lord.
Re: Jonathan Nominated Person Of The Year 2011 by Pukkah: 7:04am On Dec 28, 2011
Gboliwe:

Within you lies the answer. Be honest

@Gboliwe, why are you moving around in a circle? I stated that electricity supply has not improved and you disagreed. I asked specific questions and also named specific places. The situation is not different in my house or office. Do you know that the Christmas lights and trees at Alausa, Ikeja are powered by generators? Do you know that many street lights in Ikoyi, Lagos and some other places are powered by gens?

I challenge anyone to go to industrial areas in Lagos and report back in good conscience whether electricity has improved or not. This is not about bandying unverified information about or sounding politically correct.

Isn't the burden of proof on you? Who's deceiving who?

I'm not a politician, I'm simply interested in the progress of this long-suffering country. Let's not play politics with something as critical as power to the development of Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Nominated Person Of The Year 2011 by Revolva(m): 11:55am On Dec 28, 2011
Jonathan is the lamest president i have ever seen , Can you imagine this guy cant fight the Boko haram, after each blast al he says is 'not only Nigeria has roblem of bomb blast even othe countries do, ad we are expecting more blast' what is wrong with him he should resign wih his imcompetence Sambo, i belive the boko haram dont like his government, they old him they were gonna fraustrate his government , if i were the Cowboy president GEJ, I will sincerly resign , but here in Nigeria people dont do that they sit in power and rock on, dont care about the citizen deep down shame

read this DISS to GEJ

Youth disses president jonathan on xmas bomb blast Read here
www.saharareporters.com/article/angry-nigerian-children-write-jonathan-over-blasts

(1) (2) (Reply)

An Intelectual Responce To Chinue Achebe / Dirty Tricks Petrol Stations, Attendants Use To Cheat Customers / #electionpalaver: See The Most Sexy And Weird Campaign Posters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.