Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,417 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! - Culture (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! (236516 Views)

Top Rated Musicians Of Igbo Nigerian Descent / Which Tribe Has The Most Beautiful Women And Handsome Men? / American Women That Marry Nigerian Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by BlackPikiN(m): 2:16pm On Mar 11, 2012
tpia@:
Most of the photos arent really yoruba women's type (a lot of them arent into pretty boys), but if you guys are serious about this igbo yoruba thing then assign people from one of your areas to marry yoruba girls.

If you cant respond to my post in a civilized manner then dont respond at all, thanks.

[size=55pt]What![/size]
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by onila(f): 6:08pm On Mar 12, 2012
smiley

1 Like

Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by IYANGBALI: 3:43pm On Mar 13, 2012
yes they is
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by IYANGBALI: 3:43pm On Mar 13, 2012
yes they is
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by IYANGBALI: 3:45pm On Mar 13, 2012
yes they is

Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by OneNaira6: 12:41am On Mar 14, 2012
^^^^

grin grin grin grin @ Iya-Ngabli picture.

NL members are too funny and can hate bad.

Iya Ngabli, nothing do you.
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by OneNaira6: 12:42am On Mar 14, 2012
Do una ask the regular people before posting there picture or did una get it from a public site like blogs, etc because I just saw pictures of some people I know. hmm, na wa ooo!!!.
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by mruknaijaboy(m): 9:08pm On May 13, 2012
coogar:

never heard it before. . . .all i know is black people are the same everywhere.
without slavery. . . .you and the people you call "akatas" would be kinsmen. . . . .for all you know, you and flavour flav might actually be first cousins.

when dna tests become cheaper to all and sundry, a lot of africans are going to belatedly realise they have cursed their own flesh and blood with the whole akata nonsense labelling. who is an "akata"? the black people in britain are not akatas, they went through the same ish like the blacks taken to america went through so there's a high degree of hypocrisy here. . . .

i don't even see the joke!

the reason why black people in britain are not akatas because the population of blacks in britain are of african descent or afro-carribean descent there is no african british of african english as the term they have for african americans who are africans of slave descent whos generations stem in america, people of african descent can range from first second or third generations of family who have lived in britain where as carribeans can range from first generation to even seven or eight generations in britain or maybe even more due to the carribeans being imported from carribean to work as slaves here in britain
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by onila(f): 10:40pm On May 13, 2012
smileyn

Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by onila(f): 10:41pm On May 13, 2012
smileya

Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by Fulaman198(m): 1:29am On May 14, 2012
Igbos can be a disgrace really, these guys are dressing like hardcore Americans........Talk about total loss of culture, that said ladies look towards your Fulani brothers grin

1 Like

Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by onila(f): 3:30am On May 14, 2012
Fulaman198: Igbos can be a disgrace really, these guys are dressing like hardcore Americans........Talk about total loss of culture, that said ladies look towards your Fulani brothers grin

fulani men are also very handsome smiley

2 Likes

Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by Fulaman198(m): 3:31am On May 14, 2012
onila:

fulani men are also very handsome smiley

Thanks dear grin
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by Nnenna1(f): 1:41pm On May 14, 2012
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by Fulaman198(m): 11:40pm On May 14, 2012
Nnenna1:

I just love how you take a compilation of pictures from parties and events and run with conclusions.

By the way, if anything Northerners are the most de-cultured out of the major Nigerian groups, with being MUCH more Islamized than traditional. Fact.

Igbos are predominantly Christian (like much of their kith and kin in the lower south east of the country) and "western" in their orientation, yes. Just as Muslims up north are "eastern" in their orientation.

However unlike many Northerners, Igbos still retain and adhere to many cultural mandates, even to the distaste of many other Nigerians (e.g. osu caste).

Igbos are also probably the most integrated out of the major ethnic groups. Seeing as Igbos are Semi-Nomadic you are very likely to see a lot of them speaking at least 2-3 Nigerian languages. If that isn't being appreciative of African life I don't know what.

I also blame the very same Igbos who tend to mouth off this stereotype themselves. We tend to look down on ourselves and should learn to give ourselves more credit.

Arabs and Fulanis do not dress the same at all, I think you need to get facts straight before you say we are "Arabized". Our music instruments are far different from what Middle Easterners use, and our the only thing we have in common with some Arabs and Middle Easterners is religion. Look at a lot of white people, do they not practice Christianity? How similar is traditional Nigerian culture (with Christianity) to Westerners. I am just stating facts. Northerners are more traditional. We speak less English than you guys do in the South. I don't want to start getting ethnic here, because I will be accused of being a "tribalist" (it's a dumb word I know). But you don't see a lot of our musicians trying to be Americans....Africans need to be themselves and stop trying to imitate others. Now I know for a fact that in other countries that practice Islam (like Senegal, Mauritania, etc.) that they copy Westerners and Americans a lot when it comes to style and dress in particular rap songs from those countries, but that is not who they are.

Again I repeat, religion is a tiny percent of what culture/tradition is. You say that Igbos are semi-nomadic, but when it comes to being Nomadic, no one is more Nomadic than the Fulani, many Fulani also speak more than just Fulfulde, many Fulani also speak Hausa, Kanuri, Songhai/Zarma, Tamasheq, Wolof, Serer, Bambara, Yoruba (Illorin), etc. etc. depending on region/country.
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by Nnenna1(f): 1:40am On May 15, 2012
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by Nnenna1(f): 1:45am On May 15, 2012
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by Fulaman198(m): 2:51am On May 15, 2012
Nnenna1:

With regards to dressing - mainstream "traditional" Northern Nigerian dressing is heavily derived from North Africa. One only need to take a look at the late Ghaddafi's dress sense to get an Idea of where Northern Nigerian clothes essentially come from. Fulanis have their true traditional clothes (mostly worn by nomads) but for the most part, assimilated fulanis, hausas, etc are heavily influenced in dressing.

Every group has traditional music instruments that are heavily used in their respective regions so that's a no pointer.

I'll also give another example to buttress my point: traditional names. Igbos tend to get a lot of flack for using English names. However if you think about it Igbos actually use traditional names much more than many Nigerian tribes. You are more likely to find an Hausa-Fulani in Nigeria with an Arabized full name than Igbo with a totally English/Christian full name.

Also several rites such as traditional marriage, traditional naming ceremonies and traditional burials are mandated in Igbo culture. With the exception of maybe marriage, I cannot think of a single traditional Northern Nigerian rite or ceremony. Everything seems to be totally washed in Islam.

By the way, when I say Northerners I mean Northern Nigeria, I'm not well versed in groups from other countries.

And there are many Fulani without Arabized names. I am not Hausa-Fulani, I am just Fulani btw.

Nnenna1: By the way aside from my initial peeve at what you wrote, I don't mean to insult anyone or group.

It's just that comments peddling falsehoods about how a whole group is a disgrace, have totally lost their culture, etc, need to be checked.

How about you take the time here to educate yourself on the facets of Igbo Culture, if you don't know much? It does not hurt to ask undecided

I don't feel insulted, I learned something from you. Please carry on thanks cheesy
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by tadelara(f): 3:01am On May 19, 2012
Im Yoruba and Im naturally attracted to Igbo men. I get approached by Igbo men more than Yoruba men. Anywho, I think they are very very handsome, and they know how to treat a lady in my own opinion!!! smiley

1 Like

Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by cheikh: 4:18pm On May 19, 2012
tadelara
Im Yoruba and Im naturally attracted to Igbo men. I get approached by Igbo men more than Yoruba men. Anywho, I think they are very very handsome, and they know how to treat a lady in my own opinion!!!

@^^ Maybe, wink your looks and mannerisms intimidate Yoruba men or confuse them. Anyhow, you're on the right track to "snatching" an eligible Igbo man from the grasp of their women. I like such competition of the heart/bed room grin grin. I wish you well in your encounters and love quests with your potential suitors Igbo men or not. Your openness to other Nigerian ethnic groups will surely make you a better "whole" person indeed. You'll definitely go far in life with your broadmindedness towards people. Maybe our unity as a people should begin in the bedroom first of all wink grin. You are already a winner cool.
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by Nobody: 9:49am On Jun 17, 2012
Ibo boys no bad o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by Nobody: 10:04am On Jun 17, 2012
Dey re too fine

1 Like

Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by Nobody: 10:10am On Jun 17, 2012
Life
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by queensmith: 6:35pm On Jun 18, 2012
OK2NV: nah lie! 4get !
am bi-racial (German and Nigerian) with an american obsessed build for fitness(marines gave me my body and discipline). am built like a greek God, Dangerously handsome and have scars to make any woman melt.
these guys pictured are gayfags (ordinary fine boyz) and i wont feel threatend 4 a year leavin them with any of my gals .
they are candyasses.
I am so beautiful that i make change in the make of all my golden kids.
word!

lmfao! this guy is very very foolish!

i'm rolling on the floor reading this one!
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by queensmith: 6:42pm On Jun 18, 2012
daisy002:

when this guy debuted on eastenders- eeeeeeverybody was on this mans case!
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by safarigirl(f): 6:45pm On Jun 18, 2012
osinachukwu: Ibo boys no bad o
this dude is Ǟ pretty boy, kinda like Trey Songz
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by bittyend(m): 6:59pm On Jun 18, 2012
Ibotic men with their XL heads are not even the most handsome in Nigeria...

Silly mentally retarded tribalist.
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by queensmith: 7:00pm On Jun 18, 2012
onila: hmmm back to topic

Handsome Igbo men in Africa and also one of the most successful in Africa smiley

i like this girl!

'take it or leave it!'
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by bittyend(m): 7:13pm On Jun 18, 2012
Most successful in Africa, onila must be on crackpipe..

Ibotic men are so good looking, I stay beating their girls like it's out of fashion. I take their girls from them everyday.. I fvck their girls and give them back to the big head having men lol.

Egotistical gay people!
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jun 18, 2012
Lmfao@the Yoruba vs Igbo subliminal war going on in here.
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jun 18, 2012
OK2NV: nah lie! 4get !
am bi-racial (German and Nigerian) with an american obsessed build for fitness(marines gave me my body and discipline). a[b]m built like a greek God, Dangerously handsome and have scars to make any woman melt.
[/b]these guys pictured are gayfags (ordinary fine boyz) and i wont feel threatend 4 a year leavin them with any of my gals .
they are candyasses.
I am so beautiful that i make change in the make of all my golden kids.
word!

...Lmfaooooo
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jun 18, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

slavery has EVERYTHING to do with my point.
it's your type of mentality that caused it and can perhaps allow it to happen again and also it shuts down your idea that AAs look more Igbo when I've seen AAs and caribbeans who are DIRECT carbon copies of Yoruba ppl in looks

Lmfao....."its your type of mentality"

....Lmfao always on that "Darkskin subliminal pride" bullshid...what exactly are you trying to say in here...

Just say it instead of trying to hide what you are saying

Multiple Post after post hating on Igbos

Hmmm I wonder why....

grin

On a side Note...why do darkskin women try to over praise darkskin men in an effort to validate themselves?

Darkskin Dudes still Love Lightskin women...making every discussion about Subliminal Dark vs Light war will not change that lol

Every Single Darkskin dude i have talked to Admires Lightskin fair women beauty over Dark Women for all different reasons.

Stop trying to drag Onila into your subliminal wars because you are trying to overly praise Darkskin..

LoL Every single thread you wit this same Boolshid yo lol

Lmfao darkskin women be going hard for the Darkskin Cause...and Darkskin men don't give a fhhuck about them Lmfaoooooooo

"I want a long haired thick Redbone"~~~~Lil Wayne...

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply)

The 250+ Tribes/ethnic Groups In Nigeria / Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. / Some Nigerian Ethnic Groups And Their Dressing Styles (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.