Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,103 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? (11261 Views)

Okorocha Has Abandoned Imo For His Son-in-law, He Should Resign – Onuegbu / Saraki’s Poor Defence: Why He Should Resign Or Be Impeached / Great Quotes By President Goodluck Jonathan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by Nobody: 8:30am On Dec 28, 2011
Following recent comments by Goodluck that the bomb blast is a burden Nigerians should live with and the Most recent one made by his security Advisers that Nigeria is too big to be secured. I mean that is enough to convince me that he's incompetent and resignation is the best alternative to save his face.
Abi wetin you  think?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by Lasinoh: 8:32am On Dec 28, 2011
You got what you wished for.
Too late.
Deal with it! kiss

Which Black man have you ever known to 'resign' in or out of Africa? grin
With every next 'figure-head', Nigeria gets a worse one.
After swearing to all kinds of Okija-Ifa oaths. . .how can a puppet perform on strings?
The next one is gonna be even worse.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by Nobody: 8:42am On Dec 28, 2011
GEJ must go o! Because if he doesn't Nigeria will simply fall apart. I cannot imagine this bombing during Obasanjo's era.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by moremi2008(m): 9:03am On Dec 28, 2011
Is this the message the Sultan traveled to the Yoruba states to deliver last week? GEJ should resign so that Sambo becomes President? Hahahahaha!!!! Now I am beginning to see where this is all going.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by don33310(m): 9:36am On Dec 28, 2011
chipmunkey:

Following recent comments by Goodluck that the bomb blast is a burden Nigerians should live with and the Most recent one made by his security Advisers that Nigeria is too big to be secured. I mean that is enough to convince me that he's incompetent and resignation is the best alternative to save his face.
Abi wetin you think?
You just said it all but i will prefer the president,vice president,the lawmakers,security chiefs to go,as for President Badluck jonadunce,he may just be the last president of Nigeria.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by Nobody: 9:46am On Dec 28, 2011
Its not too early to make the call
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Dec 28, 2011
For me, it doesn't matter who takes over. GEJ is bad enough.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by freecocoa(f): 1:44pm On Dec 28, 2011
So who would take over if he resigns? Sambo? Guy please think again. Looking at it from another angle sef,what's the guarantee that the next won't ne worse? Its the same mistake Gej's voters made by rushing to vote for him with the belief that he's the one,frankly Iwith the way things are going,this country would divide on its own.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by OAM4J: 1:56pm On Dec 28, 2011
freecocoa:

So who would take over if he resigns? Sambo? Guy please think again. Looking at it from another angle sef,what's the guarantee that the next won't ne worse? Its the same mistake Gej's voters made by rushing to vote for him with the belief that he's the one,frankly Iwith the way things are going,this country would divide on its own.

Am pleased with your growing involvement in the debates on this section. Always happy to see more females participate in political discussions. Please keep it up. cool

@topic

To me GEJ is actually the burden Nigeria will have to live with. Hopefully Nigerians will think better before they vote in 2015.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by EzeUche(m): 2:11pm On Dec 28, 2011
And who will replace him? A northerner? NEVER! angry
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 28, 2011
For me, it really doesn't matter who replaces him so long he's not a dictator.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by muyoto: 2:40pm On Dec 28, 2011
chipmunkey:

For me, it really doesn't matter who replaces him so long he's not a dictator.

No offence but this (bolded) is rather silly.

inas much as feel our dear GEJ has bungled so spectacularly the task of running the country, I'm not sure his resignation at this time will serve any good. All his possible replacements will still emerge from the biggest mistake of a party, PDP, and I won't be holding my breath for any improvement in their style of governance.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by freecocoa(f): 2:45pm On Dec 28, 2011
@OAM4J, thanks bro,feels good to be here,the state of the country now really calls for concern and it does affect me too. cool
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by Pukkah: 2:52pm On Dec 28, 2011
The lack-lustre performance of Mr Jonathan has been heating up the polity so much that insecurity and the calls for disintegration have become very high.

Right now, I don't think Nigeria will miss Mr Jonathan. He has already secured a firm place in the history books (barring any unlikely turnaround) as a very uninspiring leader.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by EzeUche(m): 2:52pm On Dec 28, 2011
No Northerner should replace him.

They are the reason why my people are dying!  angry angry angry

Power must remain in the South.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by Kx: 2:55pm On Dec 28, 2011
EzeUche:

Are we still talking about regional politics?
Is that not what has landed us here over the years?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by EzeUche(m): 2:56pm On Dec 28, 2011
Kx:

Are we still talking about regional politics?
Is that not what has landed us here over the years?

The reason why we are having bombs is because of sectarian/religious politics.

Muslims are mad that a Christian is the president of this nation. I would think the riots that occurred in that region is enough proof.

Nigerians like yourself are not very intelligent.

What do you call bombing Christian churches on Christmas day?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by Pukkah: 3:16pm On Dec 28, 2011
EzeUche:

The reason why we are having bombs is because of sectarian/religious politics.

Muslims are mad that a Christian is the president of this nation. [/b]I would think the riots that occurred in that region is enough proof.

Nigerians like yourself are not very intelligent.

[b]What do you call bombing Christian churches on Christmas day?

Do you think the matter is this 'simple'? Remember that Jonathan is not the first Christian president of Nigeria. In fact, the fight for the Presidency in 1999 was between two Christians - Falae and Obasanjo.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by muyoto: 3:18pm On Dec 28, 2011
EzeUche:

which of course will be impossible should GEJ resign. una vote am. so wait till 2015
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by otokx(m): 3:19pm On Dec 28, 2011
It has not reached for GEJ to resign
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by EzeUche(m): 3:23pm On Dec 28, 2011
Pukkah:

Do you think the matter is this 'simple'? Remember that Jonathan is not the first Christian president of Nigeria. In fact, the fight for the Presidency in 1999 was between two Christians - Falae and Obasanjo.

Let me remind you what happened when Jonathan was elected.

Aboki went on rampage and killed hundreds of innocent Southerners.

Including many Corpers. Jonathan's resignation will not solve anything.

[img]http://4.bp..com/-FOCSQcxCu-g/TbAbq-19sUI/AAAAAAAACXI/7qNZ6c5Jmsg/s400/216804_10150221798783488_119586108487_8632501_5642814_n.jpg[/img]

Northern Riots: 100 Bodies Recovered,

At least 100 corpses have been recovered from several cities in northern Nigeria where post election riots erupted on Monday, various sources said early today.

One Civil Rights group claimed that about 200 people might have been massacred by angry protesters who claimed that the election, adjudged to be free and fair by all observers, was rigged in favour of President Goodluck Jonathan.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2011/04/21/northern-riots-100-bodies-recovered-jonathan-orders-probe/
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by Pukkah: 3:24pm On Dec 28, 2011
otokx:

It has not reached for GEJ to resign

So until what happens? When should he resign?

Mind you, I don't think his resignation is the panacea to the mire in which Nigeria has found itself but if Jonathan had any honour he shouldn't be feeling cool with himself right now.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Dec 28, 2011
The truth is Jonathan has shown incompetence in solving Nigeria's problem and that's why we are in this problems at the moment. Just look at his statements in this past couple of days and you will see he has absolutely nothing to offer.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by Pukkah: 3:29pm On Dec 28, 2011
EzeUche:

Let me remind you what happened when Jonathan was elected.

Aboki went on rampage and killed hundreds of innocent Southerners.

Northern Riots: 100 Bodies Recovered,

At least 100 corpses have been recovered from several cities in northern Nigeria where post election riots erupted on Monday, various sources said early today.

One Civil Rights group claimed that about 200 people might have been massacred by angry protesters who claimed that the election, adjudged to be free and fair by all observers, was rigged in favour of President Goodluck Jonathan.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2011/04/21/northern-riots-100-bodies-recovered-jonathan-orders-probe/

I did not see where they said they protested because Jonathan is a Christian. What you posted says they protested because the election was[b] rigged[/b] in favour of Jonathan.

Again, remember there was no whimper or protest for the period during which Jonathan was acting President or President before the elections.  Yes, there were arguments on the PDP zoning formular but those arguments did not centre on religion.

In any case, Boko  Haram predates Jonathan and they have been attacking Christian and Muslim targets.

You see why I said it may not be that 'simple' to say that they are 'mad because a Christian is the President of this nation'?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by Pukkah: 3:32pm On Dec 28, 2011
chipmunkey:

The truth is Jonathan has shown incompetence in solving Nigeria's problem and that's why we are in this problems at the moment. Just look at his statements in this past couple of days and you will see he has absolutely nothing to offer.

This is the crux of the matter! Everything rises and falls on leadership. The fish spoils from the head.

Jonathan is the leader of this country right now and so far, he has not shown promise.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by EzeUche(m): 3:32pm On Dec 28, 2011
Pukkah:

I did not see where they said they protested because Jonathan is a Christian. What you posted says they protested because the election was[b] rigged[/b] in favour of Jonathan.

Again, remember there was no whimper or protest for the period during which Jonathan was acting President or President before the elections.  Yes, there were arguments on the PDP zoning formular but those arguments did not centre on religion.

In any case, Boko  Haram predates Jonathan and they have been attacking Christian and Muslim targets.

You see why I said it may not be that 'simple' to say that they are 'mad because a Christian is the President of this nation'?

Sorry, but if GEJ goes, the SE and SS goes.

We are tired of the parasites of the North.

They killed way too many of my people over some dammmn election.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Dec 28, 2011
chipmunkey:

GEJ must go o! Because if he doesn't Nigeria will simply fall apart. I cannot imagine this bombing during Obasanjo's era.

GEJ is going no where. If anybody wants to tear the country apart because he is President, they should kindly be our guest!

Don't exagerate OBJ's abilities. It was under his watch that Sharia law was expanded in some states against the provisions of the Federal Constitution and OBJ did not do jack.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by worm(f): 5:11pm On Dec 28, 2011
EzeUche:

^^^

In that case " The issue of bombing is one of the burdens we must live with. It will not last forever; I believe that it will surely be over,’’ - GEJ cheesy
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by Basseti: 5:13pm On Dec 28, 2011
@ Pukkah

Lets say he resigns. Then what? undecided
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 28, 2011
Basseti:

@ Pukkah

Lets say he resigns. Then what? undecided

Namadi Sambo who is a Muslim Northerner becomes President and then the bombing will stop!!!!

Thats what this is all about.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by worm(f): 5:26pm On Dec 28, 2011
Basseti:

@ Pukkah

Lets say he resigns. Then what?  undecided

^^
Then a big sigh of relief (even from the bombings) since it is widely believed that it is an attack on his govt. I can only be ready to die in protecting a government with direction not a govt or a leader that smiles on the news of bomb attack on his people.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by Pukkah: 5:28pm On Dec 28, 2011
mikeansy:

Namadi Sambo who is a Muslim Northerner becomes President and then the bombing will stop!!!!

Thats what this is all about.

I just hope that the issue is as simple as that.  This is why I am not really in on the call for Jonathan's resignation, nevertheless the fact that I think his performance so far is below par. Boko Haram predates Jonathan and it does appear that those guys are loose canons.

By the way, let's even assume for a moment that what the bombings is about is to frustrate Jonathan and thereby ensure that Sambo takes over, who is today best positioned to unravel the sponsors and backers of such an evil agenda? Jonathan of course!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Which Tribe Does Lokoja Belongs To?. / Burundi: Goodluck Jonathan Mourns Nkurunziza, Prays For Peaceful Transition / FG Suspends Proposed VAT On Telecommunication Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.