Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,814 members, 7,817,359 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Jonathan Hails Supreme Court Judgment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Hails Supreme Court Judgment (3963 Views)

APC Asks Buhari To Probe Supreme Court Judgment On Akwa Ibom Election / Ebola: Jonathan Hails Fashola, Amaechi; Welcomes WHO’s Declaration / Katsina APC Reps Exchange Blows Over Court Judgment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Hails Supreme Court Judgment by mukina2: 3:22pm On Dec 28, 2011
Jonathan hails S/Court judgment

John Abayomi, Deputy Online Editor

President Goodluck Jonathan has hailed the unanimous confirmation by the Supreme Court of his victory in the April, 2011 Presidential elections.

The President applauded the ruling by the seven justices of the court which, according to him, “put a final seal of approval on his victory which was already acknowledged by the vast majority of ordinary Nigerians, political parties and the international community.”

In a statement by Special Adviser to the President Media & Publicity, Reuben Abati, Jonathan also commended the presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), General Muhammadu Buhari for availing himself of the country’s legal and judicial system in expressing his reservations about the conduct of the elections.

The statement reads:

“Now that that process has run its full course, PresidentJonathan hopes that General Buhari and his party will accept the ruling of theesteemed Judges of the Supreme Court in good faith and join hands with him andother well-meaning Nigerians to build a united, stronger and prosperous nationthat present and future generations of Nigerians can be proud of.

“He expects that General Buhari will continue to contribute positively to national development and also mobilize his supporters across thecountry to join in the process of national reconciliation and national renaissance.”

“President Jonathan thanks all Nigerians once again for their trust and confidence which gave the Jonathan/Sambo ticket an overwhelming victoryin the elections.

” He assures the nation that the federal government, under his leadership, will remain fully focused on its objectives and continue to work assiduously to implement its agenda for national transformation in fulfillment of his promise of better living conditions for all Nigerians.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/12/jonathan-hails-scourt-judgment/
Re: Jonathan Hails Supreme Court Judgment by chibest5(m): 3:36pm On Dec 28, 2011
Story Story Story, once upon a time, i never liked Buhari though he is annoying, but GEJ oh God have mercy, God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob, i ask that you turn this son of yours to a good use to this country, please make him to understand that he does not need to smile after a tragedy have befall the nation in Jesus name amen oh my people perish for lack of, oh Nigeria i de wipe
Re: Jonathan Hails Supreme Court Judgment by 9jafreak: 3:37pm On Dec 28, 2011
Side Attractions.

Abeg, let's get back to work jare
Re: Jonathan Hails Supreme Court Judgment by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 28, 2011
hate Buhari. he is the reason why we have boko haram.
Re: Jonathan Hails Supreme Court Judgment by kizito96(m): 3:46pm On Dec 28, 2011
Go and tackle the Boko Haram issue
Re: Jonathan Hails Supreme Court Judgment by Nobody: 3:48pm On Dec 28, 2011
He assures the nation that the federal government, under his leadership, will remain fully focused on its objectives and continue to work assiduously to implement its agenda for national transformation in fulfillment of his promise of better living conditions for all Nigerians

how can the man who said BH is a burden we must live with utter this with a straight face?

the man cannot fail to disappoint. at a moment when all we should be seing is action on BH, the drunkard is beating his chest on a outcome that was clear once they pushed salami out.

nonsense
Re: Jonathan Hails Supreme Court Judgment by Akwasi(m): 3:54pm On Dec 28, 2011
He should get ruling and stop the side shows. The Boko Haram menace http://seeafrica..com/2011/12/freedom-of-religion-and-boko-haram-in_27.html is very real
Re: Jonathan Hails Supreme Court Judgment by john6006: 4:04pm On Dec 28, 2011
Nigeria needs Revolution to stop this sufferings. Nobody up there will fight for you.
The key to  end this rubbish's is now.  Else we  will not get there.
Let go out to the street and let the world knows we are sufferings or else many people will continue to die until it´s your TURN.
Remember  death is innevictable.BUT LET MAKE HISTORY FOR FREEDOM FROM BAD GOVERNMENT NOW.
                                                                BUT
                                           ARE YOUUUUUUUUUUUU READY?
Re: Jonathan Hails Supreme Court Judgment by Nobody: 4:08pm On Dec 28, 2011
Who wants to bet that by this time next year GEJ will be seeking Asylum as a refugee in some cold Eastern European Country?
Re: Jonathan Hails Supreme Court Judgment by muyoto: 4:15pm On Dec 28, 2011
kizito96:

Go and tackle the Boko Haram issue

abeg tell am
Re: Jonathan Hails Supreme Court Judgment by LEXYLOV: 4:19pm On Dec 28, 2011
That is what GEJ know how to do most. Something like laughing at the wrong time, irrelevant speeches, endless promising, vacations etc. Now that the court rule in his favor he then jump up and talk all this very well to the media with boldness. If its BH bomb or any threat now, he will be panicking and hide behind his aids and cancel outings.
Re: Jonathan Hails Supreme Court Judgment by dasparrow: 4:37pm On Dec 28, 2011
LEXYLOV:

That is what GEJ know how to do most. Something like laughing at the wrong time, irrelevant speeches, endless promising, vacations etc. Now that the court rule in his favor he then jump up and talk all this very well to the media with boldness. If its BH bomb or any threat now, he will be panicking and hide behind his aids and cancel outings.

Na so.
Re: Jonathan Hails Supreme Court Judgment by UyiIredia(m): 4:41pm On Dec 28, 2011
I expected nothing less.
Re: Jonathan Hails Supreme Court Judgment by Pukkah: 5:16pm On Dec 28, 2011
mukina2:

” He assures the nation that the federal government, under his leadership, will remain fully focused on its objectives and continue to work assiduously to implement its agenda for national transformation in fulfillment of his promise of better living conditions for all Nigerians.

Was this written perfunctorily without any deep thought for what has been happening in this country?
Re: Jonathan Hails Supreme Court Judgment by AroOkigbo(m): 5:43pm On Dec 28, 2011
Nothing do you Bros J, ride on! I think it's now high time you declared interest for 2015.
Re: Jonathan Hails Supreme Court Judgment by velo10: 6:06pm On Dec 28, 2011
Yeah he's hailing the S.Court mandate to continue expressing his mediocrity
Re: Jonathan Hails Supreme Court Judgment by circus: 6:14pm On Dec 28, 2011
@kingoflag,I want to bet oooo,lmfao,you are really killing me here with laughter
Re: Jonathan Hails Supreme Court Judgment by Nobody: 8:12pm On Dec 28, 2011
[img]http://1.bp..com/-2pLzTupvobg/TeNEj8vOhGI/AAAAAAAAABk/UqkQk2m5mLk/s1600/444-sticking-out-tongue.jpg[/img]

in other words nyah nyah nyah

yeah, i'm a stupid useless drunk,

but i'm still your president for the next 4 years !!

bite me
Re: Jonathan Hails Supreme Court Judgment by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 28, 2011
circus:

@kingoflag,I want to bet oooo,lmfao,you are really killing me here with laughter

lmao No bet me o, u go lose.

Trust me, the disaster way wan sele  for Naija come next year is scary.

You want me to tell you what I think will happen next? Ok, listen carefully but no vex o because na the truth I dey talk. Ok, check it out:

1. A bomb will go off somewhere in (most likely) Eastern Nigeria or (less likely) Western Nigeria Targeting Muslims by elements hoping to use the present situation to forment further discord, create panic, and actualize their life-long dreams of a separate state. Civil War Round 2 don start be that. They've "tested" the waters by spreading false news of a bombing in Sapele just to judge the reaction of the populace if such were to happen. Next, na to put plan to action.

2. Just as sure as day is going to turn to night, awon Army boys dem go take over. If you think some Captains, Majors and Lieutenants are not plotting on how to "salvage" the country from Jonadunce and his 10,000 thieves then its either you're super young, uneducated or both. (Not you o Circus Link. You, you be my guy, I just dey talk in general).

The problem now is who's going to take over when the Army strikes so it doesn't seem like the Coup has tribal connotations. They also know that a simple mistake and the whole country (and the Surrounding countries) will go up in flames. But, trust, once they find one of Jonamumu's Army kinsmen thats willing to read the Take-over speech while Martial music plays in the back ground ---- all gloves come off.

2012 is going to be very interesting indeed. Funny how some of us saw this over 10 yrs ago, while others chose to wallow in tribal ignorance and SELECT a man that performed woefully as Governor of one of the richest, but smallest, states in Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Hails Supreme Court Judgment by freecocoa(f): 8:42pm On Dec 28, 2011
As expected
Re: Jonathan Hails Supreme Court Judgment by Nobody: 10:40pm On Dec 28, 2011
It took our president less than 30minutes to respond to election matters, while it take over a day to make a statement about bombings in a church, drinking bar, or UN building. Says a lot about our president's priority!
Re: Jonathan Hails Supreme Court Judgment by nsiadi: 11:54pm On Dec 28, 2011
Now I believe
What has been touted
That some people were paid
Paid handsomely to use the press against GEJ
Oh well- they can spend their money -& GEJ will rule
Re: Jonathan Hails Supreme Court Judgment by safarigirl(f): 12:57am On Dec 29, 2011
Why won't he be happy? At least now he can enjoy the 994 billion naira food he has budgeted in peace.

We are plagued with Ǟ leadership ☺₣ retards. Naija, I hail thee
Re: Jonathan Hails Supreme Court Judgment by Nadanbata: 2:08am On Dec 29, 2011
safarigirl:

Why won't he be happy? At least now he can enjoy the 994 billion naira food he has budgeted in peace.

We are plagued with Ǟ leadership ☺₣ retards. Naija, I hail thee

Over [size=14pt]$15000 [/size]a day on food cool cool
Re: Jonathan Hails Supreme Court Judgment by Mattin(m): 6:20am On Dec 29, 2011
I wonder what is damn wrong with this jona guy, come see how how clueless Ebele was dancing yesterday on his shameless victory, when the country is burning, this man keep showing his stup.idity, hugh
God please come to our rescue! Pls!
Re: Jonathan Hails Supreme Court Judgment by SIRNIMS(m): 6:59pm On Dec 29, 2011
the break up of Nigeria will not make South South or ND richer, we know they have corrupt leaders like the dumb ass northern eliteS. We should learn from South Sudan ABEG.

(1) (Reply)

Handsome Obasanjo And Jimmy Carter In the Oval Office(pic) / YORUBA GRADUALLY BECOMING THE OFFICIAL LANGUAGE IN SOUTHWEST / Cameroon Military Announces The Killing Of Boko Haram Leader Abubakar Shekau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.