Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

My Agony: Woman Who Lost Her Husband And Five Children In The Xmas Day Bombing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Agony: Woman Who Lost Her Husband And Five Children In The Xmas Day Bombing (949 Views)

My Agony At The 8th Senate By Prof. Sola Adeyey / 8-Month Old Baby Who Lost Her Arm In A Boko Haram Attack Pictured / Gej Visits Xmas Day Bombing Site, 6 Days After! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Agony: Woman Who Lost Her Husband And Five Children In The Xmas Day Bombing by rosoty(f): 3:56pm On Dec 28, 2011
http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/31355-my-agony-by-woman-who-lost-husband-five-children.html.
For the family of Williams Dike, Christmas was to be celebrated in a grand style – going by the preparations a week before the day. All was set for the family of seven – husband, wife and five children - to rejoice that another year was gradually coming to an end. They planned to start the day by thanking God in church and round it off with a family get-together.

It was never to be. All but the woman of the house were set for the 6:30 am mass to celebrate the birth of the Lord Jesus Christ. She stayed behind when others were leaving to enable her perfect the celebration of the day. She bid them bye with a promise to be set for the second mass. And that was the last time she set her eyes on her family members.

All of them, except Mrs Dike, the woman of the house, were consumed in the Christmas bombings that ravaged the St. Theresa Catholic Church, Madalla, Niger State.

Mrs. Dike, who has cried herself to a state of stupor since Sunday, was a pitiable sight yesterday. Some family members brought her to the church when Governor Mu’azu Babangida Aliyu visited the church and victims of the blast.

She said: “I have lost my husband and my children. I have lost all. My life is empty and void. I don’t know where to go now. No husband and no child; where do I start my life? Somebody should tell me I am dreaming.”

Clad in a red and ox-blood skirt and blouse under a blue sweater, the Imo State-born housewife and mother of three boys and two girls spent the better part of the interview asking rhetorical questions. Nobody in the congregation, not even her husband’s relations could venture to answer her questions, because no one has answer for her.

When she was calm, our correspondent asked: “How did it happen?”

“My brother, I cannot say how it happened. My husband and my five children left home for early mass. I stayed behind to perfect preparation for Christmas celebration, only for me to hear a loud sound and when I inquired, I learnt it was a bomb blast in our church. I ran to the church and behold all I saw was my husband’s burnt car.

“I did not know what to do or who to ask about the whereabouts of my husband and children. All I recalled was that some people just came and carried me out of the church premises. I have been asking for my husband and my children, three boys and two girls, but nobody has been able to tell me where they are.

“Though I was told that my first son, Martins, is in Kubwa Hospital and Favour, his sister, is said to be at National Hospital in Abuja. The fact is I have not seen any of them since they left home on Sunday. Please, let the President and the Governor help me look for my family members,” Mrs Dike pleaded.

Surrounded by family members, the bereaved woman was pensive. She often burst into tears as she spoke.

“Where am I going to start from? I have no work, no husband, what is my future?” she asked her husband’s younger brothers who were with her.

When it was time to take her home, Mrs Dike, who had agreed to leave, suddenly stopped when she got to the spot where she found her husband’s burnt car. After a few seconds, she cried out in her local language, “Williams, ebee k’ino din. Darling, ebee k’ino” (Williams, where are you? Darling, where are you?). It took the persuasive power of her relations to move her off the spot.

This is terrible. What kind of life is this woman expected to live after this incident? sad
Re: My Agony: Woman Who Lost Her Husband And Five Children In The Xmas Day Bombing by tpia5: 5:39pm On Dec 28, 2011
She's supposed to be sedated for goodness sake.

Dont people know anything these days?

The family should have a doctor sedate her.
Re: My Agony: Woman Who Lost Her Husband And Five Children In The Xmas Day Bombing by Pukkah: 7:52pm On Dec 28, 2011
I just can't bring myself to read this pathetic and grief-laden story.

(1) (Reply)

As Phcn Joined The Strike? / Ojukwu's Burial Arrangement Stalls Prosecution Of Igbo Leader In Kaduna / OPC;fighting Violence With Violence (A Must Read 4 Every Non-Yoruba In Lagos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.