Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,109 members, 7,818,307 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

How To Know A Stolen Car When U See It - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Know A Stolen Car When U See It (5732 Views)

Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help / How Does One Control A Car When Front Tyre Blows Out On High Speed? / The Case About My Stolen Car Which I Found. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Know A Stolen Car When U See It by edlion57(m): 6:11pm On Dec 28, 2011
guyz i wnt to buy a car online (nairaland) but am alittle bit afraid because i dot wnt to but a stolen car.here comes my question how can u knw a stolen car when u see the advert
Re: How To Know A Stolen Car When U See It by eddy42k(m): 10:16pm On Dec 28, 2011
aids no de show for face ------------ur on ur own but be careful
Re: How To Know A Stolen Car When U See It by gulfer: 6:43am On Dec 29, 2011
Ask the pertinent question when buying anything and same applies to cars. If you'll be buying on NL, patronise those with listed addresses; check one of the stickies on this auto section. Also do not be carried away by extra-ordinarily cheap prices a stolen car would usually be offered for, and most importantly demand for the papers and do a check with the vehicle licencing authority before payment,
Re: How To Know A Stolen Car When U See It by AroOkigbo(m): 11:16am On Dec 29, 2011
check if the inscription "STOLEN VEHICLE" is boldly written on the body.
Re: How To Know A Stolen Car When U See It by Okijajuju1(m): 11:30am On Dec 29, 2011
@ OP

1. If the car is riddled with bullet holes. - This means the car was either stolen at gun point.

2. If the seller has a balaclava on

3. If the car is registered to "John Benson" And the sellers name is Steve.

4. If you find a car seat in the back and the seller does not even have a kid.

etc
Re: How To Know A Stolen Car When U See It by mastro: 11:37am On Dec 29, 2011
ignore them grin

Really the same checks you would make when buying any car, do all the documents tally, by name and condition, check VIN No with docs.

Does the seller look like the kind of person who would own the kind of car, if a dealer do they have premises, basically can you track down the seller if something does go wrong.

"cheap article de run belle" is a true saying, if it's too good to be true then it usually is.
Re: How To Know A Stolen Car When U See It by Ekans: 12:21pm On Dec 29, 2011
Simply get a native doctor to chant an forsee if it was stolen or not or contract a flamboyant Man of God.
Re: How To Know A Stolen Car When U See It by MrLonny: 12:23pm On Dec 29, 2011
Both poems obviously deal with ethnic or national identity. In both poems, the speaker is connected to two different cultures and feels some kind of conflict or confusion about her dual identity.

Re: How To Know A Stolen Car When U See It by patlead: 12:35pm On Dec 29, 2011
[flash=200,200]http://3. If the car is registered to "John Benson" And the sellers name is Steve.[/flash]

@okija i dont agree with that, me and my husband once sold a car that we never changed a name from the original users name. we did not need to do all that because we rarely used the car.

your checks no jive.

@poster just be sure do all the documents tally, by name and condition, check VIN No with docs.
Re: How To Know A Stolen Car When U See It by Lexusgs430: 1:37pm On Dec 29, 2011
Ask the seller if it is a stolen vehicle !!!! And believe the answer you get !!! shocked
Re: How To Know A Stolen Car When U See It by Nobody: 1:37pm On Dec 29, 2011
1. Do a VIN check

2. Check the Vehicle Licensing Office locally to see if the details on the title matches their own record. Also ensure it matches with the details of the seller(if not there should be a change of ownership doc which is verifiable)

3. Find out from the Police department that handles reported stolen car for list of stolen vehicles.
Re: How To Know A Stolen Car When U See It by tlops(m): 2:39pm On Dec 29, 2011
Control information!
Re: How To Know A Stolen Car When U See It by Igwe9(m): 7:01pm On Dec 29, 2011
Lexusgs430:

Ask the seller if it is a stolen vehicle !!!! And believe the answer you get !!! shocked
I had voted this as the best answer if not for the second part that says " believe the answer you get''. . .
I suppose the reaction would be, ""Go, I am not selling again (with rage)'''' sad
Re: How To Know A Stolen Car When U See It by babestella: 8:30pm On Dec 29, 2011
It is very simple. Buy car from people you know very well. At least people you know where they stay and maybe a little bit about their family or someone who knows them very well so that if something goes wrong, you'll at least know where to go. Please be very careful ooooooo.
Re: How To Know A Stolen Car When U See It by babaowo: 11:53pm On Dec 29, 2011
Go on 7days dry fasting,
Re: How To Know A Stolen Car When U See It by hbrednic: 12:27am On Dec 30, 2011
if the color is RED, there is danger
if its OX-BLOOD,just run away

(1) (Reply)

Hyundai Recalls 43,941 Cars Because Steering Wheel May Detach While Driving / I Noticed That There Are Much Benz C300 Between 2008-10 / Urgent! How Do I Remove Ballpoint Ink From My Car Leather Seat?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.