Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Boko Haram Is Against Western Education, Yet Spare Atiku's American University - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Is Against Western Education, Yet Spare Atiku's American University (2243 Views)

Boko Haram Is Wounded And Dangerous - Yahoo News / New Islamic Sect Against Western Education Emerges In Kebbi, Called “yanlabaiku” / New Sect ‘Yanlabaiku’ Emerges In Kebbi Forbids Western Education, Shares Wives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Is Against Western Education, Yet Spare Atiku's American University by nex(m): 7:08pm On Dec 28, 2011
"American University of Nigeria (AUN) is the first American university to be established in South Saharan Africa. Originally ABTI American University of Nigeria(AAUN), AUN opened its doors to its first students in 2005. It was founded by the former vice president of Nigeria, Atiku Abubakar, it is located in north-eastern Nigeria in Yola, the state capital of Adamawa state, the vice president’s home town. Having benefited from the U.S. system of instruction as a young man, Abubakar sought to make this style of education — emphasizing critical thinking, small classes, student participation, problem-solving, a US-style general education program, and an American-trained faculty — available to all qualified young people of Nigeria and, increasingly, to the rest of the world."

So my question is, IF BOKO HARAM IS THE ORIGINAL BOKO HARAM WHICH STOOD AGAINST WESTERN EDUCATION SOME YEARS AGO, HOW COME THEY ARE BOMBING CHURCHES, MARKETS, AND NIGHTCLUBS WHEN THE BASTION OF WESTERN EDUCATION IS RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF THEM, IN THEIR OWN TERRITORY?!

And please notice how This same Atiku Abubakar has chosen this time of crises to start a ridiculous self campaign which is definitely leading somewhere : "ALL YOUTH ORGANISATION IN SUPPORT OF HIS EXCELLENCY ATIKU ABUBAKAR ,GCON SHOULD REGISTER WITH ATIKU FOR NIGERIA VISIT OUR WEBSITES http://www.atikufornigeria.org/membership "

So it's a bit difficult for me to understand Boko Haram sparing Western Education under the guardianship of Atiku Abubakar, and bombing poor innocent Nigerians all over the place. I believe this man, Atiku, has some information that will be useful to the SSS.

That however does not excuse the President's incompetence, or the Security Agencies' failures.

Re: Boko Haram Is Against Western Education, Yet Spare Atiku's American University by worm(f): 8:46pm On Dec 28, 2011
If you think today's boko haram is same 2009 boko haram then you have to think again.
Re: Boko Haram Is Against Western Education, Yet Spare Atiku's American University by nex(m): 8:54pm On Dec 28, 2011
@Worm

Of course, I have been saying it that they are not one and the same, however, whoever is running this new Boko Haram seems to be tactically avoiding this obvious natural target for a certain reason.

And funny enough, before our SSS are given adequate time to conclude their investigation, the USA sends down its intelligence officers to help make up our minds.
Re: Boko Haram Is Against Western Education, Yet Spare Atiku's American University by gists: 9:30pm On Dec 28, 2011
I've not been following the BH's targets to the latter, but i don't recollect BH ever bombing any educational institution. So your singling out Atiku's university is of little meaning to me. I am personally not a fan of Atiku. He may or may not be a sponsor as you are trying to imply just because his university is untouched is unprovable. I think BH (both then and now) has always been majorly political with religious colouration.
Re: Boko Haram Is Against Western Education, Yet Spare Atiku's American University by Nobody: 9:56pm On Dec 28, 2011
I guess AANU is nt part of d western education dat is haram to BH. I blame d fg over its failure to smoke dis goons out yet they claim to knw their sponsors n still fail to apprehend them. Both boko haram and d presidency r bunch of e-diots. They r 1 &d same, fools.
Re: Boko Haram Is Against Western Education, Yet Spare Atiku's American University by zaikiinc: 2:48pm On Dec 29, 2011
It is very mischievous to try and associate Atiku to Boko Haram. It is simply senseless since BH is against Western Education and Atiku established a western-styled education institution. These kinds of insinuations are capable of leading our already clueless security agencies in wrong and fruitless directions.
Re: Boko Haram Is Against Western Education, Yet Spare Atiku's American University by nex(m): 6:09pm On Dec 29, 2011
Have you seen Atiku's recent adverts on the internet posing himself as an option for Nigeria? Is this an election year? If you have not seen his recent ADs on Twitter, then you should go straight to the page, and tell me who they are registering and recruiting: http://www.atikufornigeria.org/membership
Re: Boko Haram Is Against Western Education, Yet Spare Atiku's American University by efisher(m): 6:17pm On Dec 29, 2011
The poster's concern is very valid and it calls for more in-depth scrutiny. We can no longer leave any leads un-followed considering our current state.
Re: Boko Haram Is Against Western Education, Yet Spare Atiku's American University by DRANOEL(m): 8:27pm On Dec 29, 2011
stu.pid useless post! how many universities have been bombed? better still how many private varsities have been bombed? why single out atiku's? have the universities in borno,yobe been bombed? rubbish post from a psycho
Re: Boko Haram Is Against Western Education, Yet Spare Atiku's American University by DrAbudu: 9:10am On Dec 30, 2011
This is a ridiculous post! I don't understand why u are trying to incite terrorism. Why single out one university in the whole of Nigeria when none has been bombed?! Why not let the security agencies, though incompetent, do whatever they can to solve the problem, rather than add to the confusion?
Re: Boko Haram Is Against Western Education, Yet Spare Atiku's American University by yoji: 9:23am On Dec 30, 2011
D poster has a very valid point. That uni is like an american embassy and its right @ their doorstep. all things bein equal, dat sch should have been levelled to d ground if they r serious. Instead they were threatning southern schools which were farther from their base of operation. Hear d name sef: american university in nigeria.
Re: Boko Haram Is Against Western Education, Yet Spare Atiku's American University by aurenflani: 9:37am On Dec 30, 2011
@POSTER - I DON'T KNOW HOW UR MIND WORKS, but i do know dat ur intentions if realised will end in d murder of innocent nigerian students. are u tryn 2 incite ur boko haram acquintances to turn their faces to another target in case they'v mistakenly overlooked that direction?
Re: Boko Haram Is Against Western Education, Yet Spare Atiku's American University by kokoA(m): 9:54am On Dec 30, 2011
@ Poster

You are a very wicked soul! angry angry
Re: Boko Haram Is Against Western Education, Yet Spare Atiku's American University by Lasinoh: 10:08am On Dec 30, 2011
I think una say na 'religious extreme islamism' abi na jihadism?
You think say Boko Haram nor like beta tin? grin
Mu che che che che che che
Re: Boko Haram Is Against Western Education, Yet Spare Atiku's American University by cklyns: 10:59pm On Dec 30, 2011
This is simply another campaign of calumny. As a webmaster I took a closer look at the web site (http://www.atikufornigeria.org/) and found out that it is a charade and lacks all the rudimentary elements that a website of such magnitude should contain.   
You will readily observe that  All pages are virtually empty, the banner is composed of old photographs of Atiku,  IBB and the seal of the office of the Vice president of Nigeria, most importantly It was created this December  by faceless individual or groups with this Registrant Contact Information:
    Name: Contact Privacy Inc. Customer 0129678200
    Organization: Contact Privacy Inc. Customer 0129678200
    Address 1: 96 Mowat Ave
    City: Toronto
    State: ON
    Zip: M6K3M1
    Phone: +1.4165385457
    Email:  @contactprivacy.com
From the above, you will agree with me that the website was hurriedly put together for the purpose of this publication by this wicked element who might have been paid to destroy the good image of Atiku.
Re: Boko Haram Is Against Western Education, Yet Spare Atiku's American University by nex(m): 6:07am On Jan 01, 2012
I see a lot of Nigerians do not want to think far. No wonder they have a very befitting President.

Let me start by addressing the last poster first. You have just laid waste to your career as a webmaster by your wrong judgment and breakdown of information. In my own post, I was asking also, why this page was hurriedly set up at this point in time. So If I created the website, am I also paying for the ADs on Facebook? And if I created the website, how then am I using it to post comments o Atiku's official page on Facebook? Yeah, Mr. Webmaster, tell me, or get off this thread!

For those of you who asked why I was wondering about the shyness of Boko Haram from the most Western Educational institute in Nigeria, maybe you should ask yourself a question too. When MEND was still very actively fighting over their oil resources, if they had gone ahead to be bombing all Commercial Banks in the Niger-Delta, wouldn't you have asked yourself why hey are avoiding Royal Dutch Shell? Come on, take off your blinders and think like human beings, or never again complain about your President's thinking capacity.

1. Boko Haram is PRIMARILY AGAINST WESTERN EDUCATION.
2. Boko Haram has bombed Churches, Markets, Police Headquarters, the UN Building, but the most extreme institution of Western Education which is i their noses, they ignore.
3. Why is Atiku starting this his "ATIKU FOR NIGERIA CAMPAIGN"? Is 2012 an election year?
4. Who made this statement at this period last year? “, Let me again send another message to the leadership of our great country, especially the political leadership that those who make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable, ”

So if you think these are mere coincidences, well, dust them off and move on to the next thread, but don't post what you don't know!
Re: Boko Haram Is Against Western Education, Yet Spare Atiku's American University by gists: 7:20am On Jan 01, 2012
nex:

I see a lot of Nigerians do not want to think far. No wonder they have a very befitting President.

Let me start by addressing the last poster first. You have just laid waste to your career as a webmaster by your wrong judgment and breakdown of information. In my own post, I was asking also, why this page was hurriedly set up at this point in time. So If I created the website, am I also paying for the ADs on Facebook? And if I created the website, how then am I using it to post comments o Atiku's official page on Facebook? Yeah, Mr. Webmaster, tell me, or get off this thread!

For those of you who asked why I was wondering about the shyness of Boko Haram from the most Western Educational institute in Nigeria, maybe you should ask yourself a question too. When MEND was still very actively fighting over their oil resources, if they had gone ahead to be bombing all Commercial Banks in the Niger-Delta, wouldn't you have asked yourself why hey are avoiding Royal Dutch Shell? Come on, take off your blinders and think like human beings, or never again complain about your President's thinking capacity.

1. Boko Haram is PRIMARILY AGAINST WESTERN EDUCATION.
2. Boko Haram has bombed Churches, Markets, Police Headquarters, the UN Building, but the most extreme institution of Western Education which is i their noses, they ignore.
3. Why is Atiku starting this his "ATIKU FOR NIGERIA CAMPAIGN"? Is 2012 an election year?
4. Who made this statement at this period last year? “, Let me again send another message to the leadership of our great country, especially the political leadership that those who make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable, ”

So if you think these are mere coincidences, well, dust them off and move on to the next thread, but don't post what you don't know!

Can you read what you posted? YOu failed to identify any educational institution in your list. So why is sparing Atiku's school a big deal? As far as I am concerned BH is more political than religious. They have not targeted any educational establishment. So because the school is owned by Atiku and it is spared that means Atiku must be a sponsor even though no other school has been targeted.

nex:

When MEND was still very actively fighting over their oil resources, if they had gone ahead to be bombing all Commercial Banks in the Niger-Delta, wouldn't you have asked yourself why hey are avoiding Royal Dutch Shell?

You comparing Shell and commercial banks should get the award of the new year joke grin grin grin grin
Mind you MEND did attacked shell and no commercial bank was attacked - I stand to be corrected though.
Re: Boko Haram Is Against Western Education, Yet Spare Atiku's American University by hercules07: 10:03am On Jan 01, 2012
MEND robbed banks to finance some of their stuff, MEND were no better from BH, so many people lost their lives to the MEND menace.
Re: Boko Haram Is Against Western Education, Yet Spare Atiku's American University by Digriz(m): 11:08am On Jan 01, 2012
Some of u dnt read well b4 castigating the poster, the poster made a valid point here bt it seems u guys misundestood hm.
According to wat he wrote,the poster is only asking question and a vital one for that which is abt d mission of ths BH. The BH's said that they hate western education and wld fight against it in Nigeria,then why didn't they go for Atikus American university(rememba that American is Arab biggest enemy) and bombed it?
So,in as much as we are nt encouraging ths menace of ths group,ths issue shuld be carefully looked into.

(1) (Reply)

Watch M K O Abiola And Tofa Insult Tom Ikimi nPresidential Debate(Videos of Awo) / FG Renames WAI Brigade / Anambra Poll: MASSOB Roots For APGA For Sake Of Ojukwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.