Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:02 AM

Women Who Hate Cooking - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Women Who Hate Cooking (3732 Views)

A Picture Of Vincent Enyeama Cooking Okro Soup / Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! / Nigerian Women Who Don't Eat A Lot In Front Of Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women Who Hate Cooking by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 29, 2011
As much as I would love to live in a world where certain 'duties' are not dictated by gender, I won't kid myself into believing both my dislike and reluctance to cook won't have an effect on relationships, any other women loathe cooking as much as I do?
Re: Women Who Hate Cooking by jaybee3(m): 4:42pm On Dec 29, 2011
What do you rather do though, Starve or pile on the pounds from 'em takeaways?
Re: Women Who Hate Cooking by Nobody: 4:49pm On Dec 29, 2011
I used to, but that was when I was away from my mom.

Now that I have started living with her again, cooking have become my number one passion infact sometimes, I sleep in the kitchen.
Re: Women Who Hate Cooking by Nobody: 4:56pm On Dec 29, 2011
jay bee:

What do you rather do though, Starve or pile on the pounds from 'em takeaways?
quite aware of the consequences, why is life like this? grin

btw hey, long time smiley

rokiatu:

Now that I have started living with her again, cooking have become my number one passion infact sometimes, I sleep in the kitchen.
don't foresee myself changing anytime soon lol
Re: Women Who Hate Cooking by jaybee3(m): 5:01pm On Dec 29, 2011
ibkaye:

quite aware of the consequences, why is life like this? grin
Actually, what's the main problem? Is it the smell whilst procesing the food or the time it takes to make the actual food?

ibkaye:

btw hey, long time smiley
yeah been aiight ya know. Howz life in warwick still?
Re: Women Who Hate Cooking by Nobody: 5:07pm On Dec 29, 2011
jay bee:

Actually, what's the main problem? Is it the smell whilst procesing the food or the time it takes to make the actual food?
yeah been aiight ya know. Howz life in warwick still?

the process of making the actual food and cleaning up so i suppose time is included
Re: Women Who Hate Cooking by jaybee3(m): 5:13pm On Dec 29, 2011
I'm sure you can negate that somewhat difficulty by focusing on foods you don't need to cook from scratch.
Cooking is something that you'd enjoy always once you master the art of it.
Re: Women Who Hate Cooking by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 29, 2011
jay bee:

I'm sure you can negate that somewhat difficulty by focusing on foods you don't need to cook from scratch.
Cooking is something that you'd enjoy always once you master the art of it.

lol it's not that I can't, I just don't enjoy it
Re: Women Who Hate Cooking by jaybee3(m): 5:22pm On Dec 29, 2011
You just have to marry a cook if that's the case cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Women Who Hate Cooking by Nobody: 5:39pm On Dec 29, 2011
cooking is fun!
Both partners should enjoy it
Re: Women Who Hate Cooking by armyofone(m): 9:08pm On Dec 29, 2011
cooking african meals is no fun. put this and that, buy this and that, pound this and that, grind this and that etc

i guess that's why african guys don't like cooking . . . too much work. go to african gatherings, you see the guys sitting and soaking beer plus gisting while the ladies labor in vain the kitchen.

i love cooking and can cook anything plus invent mine delish. however, if you make me a cook, be ready to eat papa john or pizza hut as your daily meal  tongue
Re: Women Who Hate Cooking by Vansnickers: 10:38pm On Dec 29, 2011
rokiatu:

Now that I have started living with her again, cooking have become my number one passion infact sometimes,I sleep in the kitchen.

nahhh waaaa, u be house girl , this 1 u dey sleep 4 kitchen.
@ op
a home cooked meal is a million times better than ordering takeout.
Re: Women Who Hate Cooking by Nobody: 2:05am On Dec 30, 2011
Hmmm Mr, my mother like to see people in the kitche 24/7 cry embarassed
Re: Women Who Hate Cooking by Mustay(m): 9:30pm On Dec 30, 2011
Akebaje o o le sebe, o gba cook.

Akebaje sebe eran, aja ganan o o le fi je, Nje, ko o ti fail pata. . .
Re: Women Who Hate Cooking by snthesis(m): 2:29pm On Jan 02, 2012
if you cant cook as a lady, den abeg waka pass fast
Re: Women Who Hate Cooking by MissyB3(f): 4:28pm On Jan 02, 2012
Firearm:

cooking is fun!
Both partners should enjoy it

I totally agree.
Cleaning is the problem. tongue
Re: Women Who Hate Cooking by camrygmail: 3:36am On Jan 03, 2012
Cooking is fun, cleaning is ok and groccery shopping is a head ache for me, I have to make 3 lists one for Randals, African store and Mexican market (cheaper veggies and fruits). I could make it easier and just make one trip but I like sticking to my budget. smiley
Re: Women Who Hate Cooking by yme1(f): 3:13pm On Jan 04, 2012
I enjoy cooking alot and whilst at it I love the kitchen sparkling clean hence I clean along side cooking
First step to know who prepared the meal in my house is entering the kitchen seconds after cooking and it looks clean then you know its MOI cheesy]
But the iota of truth in it is that "TOO MUCH OF A THING IS BAD" and that applies to cooking too cheesy
New year's Eve was a complete tiring day for me as i slept off while the party was on due to tiredness from the kitchen

armyofone:

cooking african meals is no fun. [b]put this and that, buy this and that, pound this and that, grind this and that etc[/b]i guess that's why african guys don't like cooking . . . too much work. go to african gatherings, you see the guys sitting and soaking beer plus gisting while the ladies labor in vain the kitchen.

i love cooking and can cook anything plus invent mine delish. however, if you make me a cook, be ready to eat papa john or pizza hut as your daily meal tongue
Gbam @ the bolded cheesy cheesy
Re: Women Who Hate Cooking by yme1(f): 3:25pm On Jan 04, 2012
@OP
If you spurn cooking that much and in dilemma it might be an awful effect in your relationship, then try introducing fun into it
If you have a supportive bf you two might take to preparing the meal together even if he doesn't know how to
just him being around you in the kitchen might serve as a form of motivation for u
Re: Women Who Hate Cooking by madamL(f): 5:55pm On Jan 04, 2012
My dream is to get rich enough to hire a chef who is well versed in dietetics. I cook but I cannot pretend to love it
Re: Women Who Hate Cooking by Natasha2(f): 9:53pm On Jan 04, 2012
I'm the first in line cheesy I HATE COOKING GADDAMIT grin

armyofone:

cooking african meals is no fun. put this and that, buy this and that, pound this and that, grind this and that etc

i guess that's why african guys don't like cooking . . . too much work. go to african gatherings, you see the guys sitting and soaking beer plus gisting while the ladies labor in vain the kitchen.

i love cooking and can cook anything plus invent mine delish. however, if you make me a cook, be ready to eat papa john or pizza hut as your daily meal  tongue
lmao @ put this and that, grind this and that grin grin
Re: Women Who Hate Cooking by Jenifa1: 10:55pm On Jan 04, 2012
I don't hate cooking but i don't love it either. so I feel your pain@ op.
but the more you cook, the better u get at it.
and for cleaning, clean as you go so it doesn't feel overwhelming in the end.

jay bee:

You just have to marry a cook if that's the case  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

best case scenario  cheesy
Re: Women Who Hate Cooking by ronkebp(f): 8:14pm On Jan 05, 2012
If you cook and the taste is great, everyone is commending your food, then you will love to cook by force and fire, on the otehr hand if you cook and it is tasteless, the relucatnce to cook would later turn to hatred. cool cool cool
Re: Women Who Hate Cooking by vb0mb(m): 9:11pm On Jan 07, 2012
Woman that cannot cook hmmmmm! I can't marry her. NEVER
Re: Women Who Hate Cooking by Rangers: 10:11pm On Jan 10, 2012
For women who hate cookin or busy or want to spend quality time doin other stuff,CONVENIENT FOODS OFFERS U d best of both worlds.Order for meals(family size portion),get your shopping done n get it delivered to your doorstep or your office.We do soup,stew,oda traditional meals,nATURAL FRUIT JUICE ,Cakes n pastries.All are made to order.Call 08066745533 or 08184658071 to place orders.
Re: Women Who Hate Cooking by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jul 08, 2013
@OP

I believe it's an issue of understanding. If there's true love in a relationship, then food shouldn't be the only thing that matters.

I know men who love to cook and that can always be an advantage if both parties are mature. So it's different strokes for different folks. . . Just make sure he understands your dislike for cooking & you'll be fine.
Re: Women Who Hate Cooking by Meddler(f): 5:12pm On Jul 08, 2013
I like to cook when I'm in the mood or inspired by some ingredient. But my man likes to cook. He prepared egusi and rice yesterday while I was busy with school work. It was awesssssooommme!!! and he makes a mean a** indomie. Unparalleled grin grin
Re: Women Who Hate Cooking by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jul 08, 2013
Meddler: I like to cook when I'm in the mood or inspired by some ingredient. But my man likes to cook. He prepared egusi and rice yesterday while I was busy with school work. It was awesssssooommme!!! and he makes a mean a** indomie. Unparalleled grin grin

Hmm. . . Women & food. . . Chai cheesy
Re: Women Who Hate Cooking by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jul 08, 2013
I don't hate it anymore so it's ok now grin lol
Re: Women Who Hate Cooking by armyofone(m): 9:04pm On Jul 09, 2013
why? grin

why you don't hate cooking anymore Ibkaye?

ibkaye: I don't hate it anymore so it's ok now grin lol
Re: Women Who Hate Cooking by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jul 09, 2013
armyofone: why? grin

why you don't hate cooking anymore Ibkaye?

I'm married now so I have no choice grin
Re: Women Who Hate Cooking by armyofone(m): 12:08am On Jul 10, 2013
grin I know, lol
kiss
Congrat sistah and happy cooking.
If you need help in the kitchen, lemme know wink

ibkaye:
I'm married now so I have no choice grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help On How To Prepare Bonce / Garri And Fufu : Which Has More Starch? / How To Avoid Having Heartburn After Eating Beans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.