Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,038 members, 7,810,844 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

Official Titles Of The Pope - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Official Titles Of The Pope (10331 Views)

Roman Catholic Church The Babylon In Bible Prophecy. +the Pope Is The Beast / TB Joshua Predicted The Resignation Of The Pope! / The Pope Is The Antichrist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Titles Of The Pope by pilgrim1(f): 12:40pm On Oct 22, 2007
@Backslider,

How body? I trust you had such a wonderful weekend? smiley

Backslider:

@pilgrim

I will call a spade a spade and not a big spoon.

The man is possessed with a false spirit. The appearance of demons in the heavens for there tradition is not in the bible.

We are told in the bible to mark them that cause division. We are also told to flee all appearance of evil.

The man is the agent of Satan either knowing or unknowingly. He need repentance like every sinner.

Okay, I hear. My concern was simply that as we share truth, we should do so in love - even though some of the things we share are painful for Catholics to read. That is the reason why I try to not be so directly accusative, but still go on to share what I have come to find as the disturbing matters of the Vatican.

May God help us all to be find the courage to both find His truth and to boldly live obediently in love thereto.

Grace. smiley
Re: Official Titles Of The Pope by pilgrim1(f): 12:40pm On Oct 22, 2007
@cgift,

Bros, how far? I hope you had a good weekend. Me, I just dey kampe! grin

Yearn us more my dear sis when it is still hot grin

Well, one of these days when I'm less busy, we shall look at the real issues, and how many crosses the Catholic Church carries as well their symbolism.

For now, enjoy.
Re: Official Titles Of The Pope by Dauchman(m): 10:30pm On May 13, 2010
pilgrim.1:

Mary in LUKE's Gospel

We have seen that the RCC veneration of Mary is unfounded, cannot be defended in Scripture, and is perculiarly the distinguishing mark of Rome's Mariolatry. The question still remains:

WHY has the Roman Catholic Church taken the divine titles of God and ascribed them to MARY?

Catholic lay-readers often get upset (some simply swallow their pride and tersely offer weak cliches) when they are presented with such questions. However, inspite of the RCC's veneration of Mary on false premises from Luke's Gospel, they recognize that the "Glory of Israel" in Luke 2:32 is a divine title for the Lord Jesus Christ; yet they have taken that title and ascribed it to Mary instead.  Through the years of the development of Romish doctrines, the vatican has accepted just about anything that detracts from Christ and focuses on Mary instead. That is why we find men like Ignatius who is reported to have said:

"He who is devout to the Virgin Mother will certainly never be lost."

That is one of the appealing sanctums where the RCC asks unsuspecting seekers to rest the destinies of their souls. Reading Ignatius works in itself demonstrates that the gentleman was spiritually confused in many respects.

More than that, we find in the Benediction known as "The Divine Praises" that both Mary and Joseph are praised in exactly the same rank as such praises are offered to the Trinity. Doubtful? Well, it's true, and anyone can settle their doubts by picking up a copy of the Divine Praises (samples [url=http://www.cwo.com/~pentrack/catholic/divpraises.html]available[/url] online) and see for themselves:

[list]
Blessed be God.
Blessed be His Holy Name.
Blessed be Jesus Christ, true God and true Man.
Blessed be the Name of Jesus.
Blessed be His Most Sacred Heart.
Blessed be His Most Precious Blood.
Blessed be Jesus in the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar.
Blessed be the Holy Spirit, the Paraclete.
Blessed be the great Mother of God, Mary most Holy.
Blessed be her Holy and Immaculate Conception.
Blessed be her Glorious Assumption.
Blessed be the Name of Mary, Virgin and Mother.
Blessed be St. Joseph, her most chaste spouse.
Blessed be God in His Angels and in His Saints.[/list]

Okay, now gather them in a summary and notice how the highlights above stand out in RCC's placement of Mary and Joseph on the same pedestal in praise as rendered to God:

Blessed be God
Blessed be Jesus Christ
Blessed be the Holy Spirit
Blessed be the great Mother of God, Mary
Blessed be Saint Joseph

In other words, one is forced to ask Catholics if the "Divine" Praises are meant for the Trinity; or the RCC has added other members to obliterate the concept of the Trinity and instead inched closer towards the contents of the THIRD SECRET of FATIMAH suspected to deify MARY?!? Just in the same way as Catholics chant "Blessed be His Holy Name" so they also place Mary on the same level and chant as well "Blessed be the Name of Mary".

Is it any wonder then that the only religious institution in Christendom to have tried tampering with the 1st and 3rd commandments (to have no other gods; and to reverence God's Name) is the Roman Catholic Church? The Vatican does not rest content with preserving God's Name in holiness; but in order to preserve and propagate her heresy of Mariolatry, this system of 'Vatican magic' has placed Mary alongside God Himself!

Do you ever wonder that staunch Catholics feel no qualms when the see the Name of the Lord jesus Christ lampooned? Have you ever wondered why the same Catholics growl when anyone says anything about MARY?  Now you are coming close to seeing real Catholicism - it is all a matter of MARIOLATRY and not Biblical Christianity.

I pray that Catholics who read these matters carefully ponder them and ask God to open their eyes before it is too late.

[center]Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.
1 John 5:21
[/center]

This is very sad. I think you need to read the bible you so claim to understand very well again and start with Romans 14:1-23.

From your post, i have deduced you do not see Jesus Christ as God or you wouldn't ask why call her the mother of God. Do you remember what Jesus said about those who hear the Word and keep it,  Read your bible again and figure out who was the only one that heard the word and kept it. And i believe in the same bible Mary the mother of Jesus Christ who is also God said and from this very day all generations shall call me blessed. Or the reaction of E;izabeth when Mary appeared before her. O! I forget your bible does not contain that.

I am guessing you didn't also finish reading what you stated above to see the part where it says,

Lord Have Mercy
Christ Have Mercy
Mother Mary Pray for us

You wouldn't see that cause it would automatically destroy your point about the vatican placing Mary on the same scale with the Trinity.

Its also a great pity that i have not read from this thread a single catholic who can actually defend their faith, Every single doctrine of the catholic church is in the bible. If you have doubts throw a question at me and I would use scripture to prove it since i see you also have not read your bible very well to know that its not just scripture but the traditions of the church that is the foundation of all truth.

When you learn the difference btw veneration and worship, then you can come and speak till then,  In the name of Jesus, the true son of God i beg that you keep your ignorance to yourself and not spread false teachings about the church.

P.S can you really tell us what Catholic church uses a skull as part of its Mass celebration or as a form of worship. I am dying to know.
Re: Official Titles Of The Pope by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 17, 2011
Another title which I think really does fit the pope, is[b] 'head of the mother of all harlots and abominations of the earth.'[/b]
Re: Official Titles Of The Pope by italo: 10:27am On Sep 18, 2011
What is it with you and harlots? Does ur mum have several men coming over, taking turns on her? Were you brought up in a brothel?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Here’s How Much Judas’ 30 Pieces Of Silver Worth In Today’s Money / Reasons Why Pastors Cannot Be Millionaires By Deji Yesufu / What It Means When You Are Eating Meat In The Dream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.