Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,536 members, 7,823,325 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

Death toll rises to 4 in Blast Near Mosque In Maiduguri After Friday Prayers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Death toll rises to 4 in Blast Near Mosque In Maiduguri After Friday Prayers (15771 Views)

BREAKING NEWS: Bomb Blast Near DSS office ,A Person Dead, 4 Injured / Bomb Blast Near Emir's Palace In Yobe? / 6 Killed In Maiduguri After Emergency Rule Was Lifted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Death toll rises to 4 in Blast Near Mosque In Maiduguri After Friday Prayers by Nobody: 4:45pm On Dec 30, 2011
KANO, Nigeria: An explosion rocked an area near a mosque in the violence-torn city Nigerian city of Maiduguri on Friday, residents said, but it was unclear whether there were any casualties.

The blast comes after a series of Christmas attacks in Nigeria blamed on Islamist sect Boko Haram killed at least 42 people, most of them outside a Catholic church near the capital, and set off fears of reprisals from Christians.

"There was a loud blast near the mosque just after the Friday prayers as people were trooping out of the mosque," one resident said. "Everybody scampered to safety, leading to a stampede."

Boko Haram has carried out scores of attacks in Nigeria, most of them in the northeast. The group's targets in that region have included Muslim leaders.

Thousands have fled Maiduguri fearing further attacks by Boko Haram and heavy-handed military raids, with soldiers accused of killing civilians and burning their homes after bomb blasts.

Read more: http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Middle-East/2011/Dec-30/158400-blast-near-mosque-in-restive-northeast-nigeria-residents.ashx#ixzz1i27x6GQQ
(The Daily Star :: Lebanon News :: http://www.dailystar.com.lb)
Re: Death toll rises to 4 in Blast Near Mosque In Maiduguri After Friday Prayers by Nobody: 4:50pm On Dec 30, 2011
Now I am certain that this is a political gimmick to destroy our great country.

GEJ do something about this , do it now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Death toll rises to 4 in Blast Near Mosque In Maiduguri After Friday Prayers by Nobody: 5:10pm On Dec 30, 2011
frosbel:

Gimmick?

The country is at War!
Re: Death toll rises to 4 in Blast Near Mosque In Maiduguri After Friday Prayers by ak47mann(m): 5:11pm On Dec 30, 2011
well i no it will come to that cool
Re: Death toll rises to 4 in Blast Near Mosque In Maiduguri After Friday Prayers by Nobody: 6:09pm On Dec 30, 2011
This is no more a laughing matter.

This is politically induced terror, I suggest for those of us who believe in GOD, we begin praying.

I suspect Buhari is behind this  angry

Blast near mosque in northeast Nigeria kills four
An explosion killed four people in the violence-torn city Nigerian city of Maiduguri as Muslim faithful left a mosque after Friday prayers, the military and residents said.

The blast comes after a series of Christmas attacks blamed on Islamist sect Boko Haram killed at least 42 people, most of them outside a Catholic church near the capital Abuja, and raised fears of reprisals from Christians.

"There was a loud blast near the mosque just after the Friday prayers as people were trooping out of the mosque," one resident said. "Everybody scampered to safety, leading to a stampede."

Another resident, Mohammed Bukar, reported four dead and others wounded.

"There was confusion following the blast," he said. "When the dust settled, I saw four dead people being loaded into a vehicle along with some wounded in the blast."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/nigeria/8985110/Blast-near-mosque-in-northeast-Nigeria-kills-four.html
Re: Death toll rises to 4 in Blast Near Mosque In Maiduguri After Friday Prayers by jmaine: 6:17pm On Dec 30, 2011
frosbel:

This is no more a laughing matter.

This is politically induced terror, I suggest for those of us who believe in GOD, we begin praying.

[size=18pt]I suspect Buhari is behind this  angry
[/size]

Personally don't think so . . . . But anyway . . . . .

Re: Death toll rises to 4 in Blast Near Mosque In Maiduguri After Friday Prayers by jmaine: 6:19pm On Dec 30, 2011
Sad news and things are about to go awry . . .Appears Kano muslims are paying for not condoning Boko Haram . . . We need to see more of the true muslims faithful exposing the haramites in their midst . . .
Re: Death toll rises to 4 in Blast Near Mosque In Maiduguri After Friday Prayers by Nobody: 6:20pm On Dec 30, 2011
Who is fooling who? This is jst a decoy to make luk like a political attack, this is a religious war.
Re: Death toll rises to 4 in Blast Near Mosque In Maiduguri After Friday Prayers by Nobody: 6:20pm On Dec 30, 2011
Later people like Afam4eva and his felllow ibo brothers will come and tell us that ibos are primary targets of boko bombs.Are these muslims attacked also ibos as afam and others claimed the madalla bombing was directed as ibos ?
Re: Death toll rises to 4 in Blast Near Mosque In Maiduguri After Friday Prayers by Osama10(m): 6:20pm On Dec 30, 2011
Let them continue oh. angry
Re: Death toll rises to 4 in Blast Near Mosque In Maiduguri After Friday Prayers by Nobody: 6:23pm On Dec 30, 2011
This is looking more like a political struggle in preparation for a coup.
Re: Death toll rises to 4 in Blast Near Mosque In Maiduguri After Friday Prayers by Nobody: 6:29pm On Dec 30, 2011
they are bombing church, they are bombing mosque, what really is their aim? I am really confused here
Re: Death toll rises to 4 in Blast Near Mosque In Maiduguri After Friday Prayers by Nobody: 6:32pm On Dec 30, 2011
The depopulation agenda of the black race by the western imperialist monsters. This is the work of the CIA. Nigerians think! Africans think!
Re: Death toll rises to 4 in Blast Near Mosque In Maiduguri After Friday Prayers by Nobody: 6:32pm On Dec 30, 2011
I knew this was coming. Heard the rumour. I was thinking it was Abuja central mosque, I wonder why they changed plans.
Re: Death toll rises to 4 in Blast Near Mosque In Maiduguri After Friday Prayers by Nobody: 6:34pm On Dec 30, 2011
I knew this was coming. Heard the rumour. I was thinking it was Abuja central mosque, I wonder why they changed plans.
Re: Death toll rises to 4 in Blast Near Mosque In Maiduguri After Friday Prayers by Horus(m): 6:35pm On Dec 30, 2011
Any witness?
Re: Death toll rises to 4 in Blast Near Mosque In Maiduguri After Friday Prayers by Obiagu1(m): 6:37pm On Dec 30, 2011
byrron:

Who is fooling who? This is jst a decoy to make luk like a political attack, this is a religious war.

Exactly. By the way, who is ready for this back and forth bombing? For how long?
Re: Death toll rises to 4 in Blast Near Mosque In Maiduguri After Friday Prayers by bilaya(m): 6:39pm On Dec 30, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Later people like Afam4eva and his felllow ibo brothers will come and tell us that ibos are primary targets of boko bombs.Are these muslims attacked also ibos as afam and others claimed the madalla bombing was directed as ibos ?

What's your obsession with Igbos all about?You are beginning to sound pathetic.You really need to get exposed
Re: Death toll rises to 4 in Blast Near Mosque In Maiduguri After Friday Prayers by efisher(m): 6:44pm On Dec 30, 2011
@Mbatuku, it seems u have some inside information. Can you give us more details?
Re: Death toll rises to 4 in Blast Near Mosque In Maiduguri After Friday Prayers by bilaya(m): 6:46pm On Dec 30, 2011
lakhadimar:

The depopulation agenda of the black race by the western imperialist monsters. This is the work of the CIA. Nigerians think! Africans think!

hmm, do u really believe that?
Re: Death toll rises to 4 in Blast Near Mosque In Maiduguri After Friday Prayers by Nadanbata: 6:46pm On Dec 30, 2011
frosbel:

[size=18pt]GEJ is part of the Problem. He is a puppet rigged in by PDP.[/size]

lol. cool cool
Re: Death toll rises to 4 in Blast Near Mosque In Maiduguri After Friday Prayers by aljharem3: 7:31pm On Dec 30, 2011
when i talk they would say alj harem is a lair etc

Again I repeat, Boko haram does not fight for Islam or northerner angry
Re: Death toll rises to 4 in Blast Near Mosque In Maiduguri After Friday Prayers by Pukkah: 7:34pm On Dec 30, 2011
^^It's obvious that the grouse is not (simply) religious. This is the point I've been making.
Re: Death toll rises to 4 in Blast Near Mosque In Maiduguri After Friday Prayers by muyoto: 7:43pm On Dec 30, 2011
cogitoErgo:

they are bombing church, they are bombing mosque, what really is their aim? I am really confused here

some people are clearly after the downfall of this government. It is becoming clearer by the day.

make it look like a religious war, but their real intention is for the crises to approach a point where a military intervention becomes glaringly inevitable.

and what better way to achieve that than to get Christians & Muslims and go after each other.

I bet they (whoever the are) will be pretty disappointed that other than the isolated incident in Delta State, there hasn't been a more ferocious retaliation to the Xmas bombing.
Re: Death toll rises to 4 in Blast Near Mosque In Maiduguri After Friday Prayers by Afam4eva(m): 7:44pm On Dec 30, 2011
~Bluetooth:

When did i say that igbos are the primary target of bokoharam?
Re: Death toll rises to 4 in Blast Near Mosque In Maiduguri After Friday Prayers by talktrue1(m): 7:51pm On Dec 30, 2011
BH wants to deviate attention from xtians preparation against them but they cant deceive xtians. 42 died in church and properties destroyed whereas 4 died in mosque.

In Nigeria, its only shrine that is save now?
Re: Death toll rises to 4 in Blast Near Mosque In Maiduguri After Friday Prayers by Nobody: 7:54pm On Dec 30, 2011
afam4eva:

When did i say that igbos are the primary target of bokoharam?

When you and onlylies decided to tribalize the madalla attack !
Re: Death toll rises to 4 in Blast Near Mosque In Maiduguri After Friday Prayers by Nobody: 7:54pm On Dec 30, 2011
My prayer for the rest of the year is that the bomb attacks don't get to Lagos.
Re: Death toll rises to 4 in Blast Near Mosque In Maiduguri After Friday Prayers by Beaf: 7:56pm On Dec 30, 2011
muyoto:

some people are clearly after the downfall of this government. It is becoming clearer by the day.

make it look like a religious war, but their real intention is for the crises to approach a point where a military intervention becomes glaringly inevitable.

and what better way to achieve that than to get Christians & Muslims and go after each other.

I bet they (whoever the are) will be pretty disappointed that other than the isolated incident in Delta State, there hasn't been a more ferocious retaliation to the Xmas bombing.

Dude, military intervention is impossible in this day and age. Any such adventure will immediately lead to a bloody war.

It is simply that the core-Northern elite do not want the country to make progress under GEJ, so they are attempting to divert govts attention from development to security. That is the real goal of boko haram.
Re: Death toll rises to 4 in Blast Near Mosque In Maiduguri After Friday Prayers by executinal(m): 7:56pm On Dec 30, 2011
alj_harem:

when i talk they would say alj harem is a lair etc

Again I repeat, Boko haram does not fight for Islam or northerner angry
I disagree with you, if they are not fighting for islam and northerners, how come the northern elders can't do anything to stop them?? embarassed embarassed
Re: Death toll rises to 4 in Blast Near Mosque In Maiduguri After Friday Prayers by Beaf: 8:00pm On Dec 30, 2011
chipmunkey:

The SW is the area in the South that is most lukewarm to boko haram, so it would be id!otic strategy for them to bomb Lagos.
Let us pray instead, that Delta state youths stop being bravely stup!d and stop bombing Muslims.
Re: Death toll rises to 4 in Blast Near Mosque In Maiduguri After Friday Prayers by bilaya(m): 8:03pm On Dec 30, 2011
chipmunkey:

Amen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Saraki: ‘you Have No Power To Summon Justice Umar’, SERAP Tells Senate / Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo / Buhari’s Certificate Saga A Dead Issue, Only Idle People Consider It - Adesina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.