Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

Fuel Subsidy Removed - Full Transcript Of Press Release From The Pppra - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Subsidy Removed - Full Transcript Of Press Release From The Pppra (24819 Views)

PENGASSAN Shuts Down PPPRA Offices Over Appointment Issues (Photo) / Full Transcript Of President Buhari's Latest CNN Interview / Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed - Full Transcript Of Press Release From The Pppra by safarigirl(f): 5:35pm On Jan 01, 2012
Jo jo. Has done it again.let's now wait for the mother ☺₣ ÄŁĻ battles promised by labour ǡŋ₫ the civil society groups.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed - Full Transcript Of Press Release From The Pppra by koruji(m): 5:45pm On Jan 01, 2012
That is reflected in the first item, but inflation tend to have a greater impact on the "psyche" of the economy that goes beyond market transactions. So, yes GEJ's government is on a slippery road downhill.

mikeansy:

Koruji what about the impact this will have on inflation and goods pricing. You forget that everything depends on the cost of petrol in terms of transportation/energy cost?

This is a very dumb move!!! this Government will bear the brunt!!!

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed - Full Transcript Of Press Release From The Pppra by tjbash(m): 5:47pm On Jan 01, 2012
What a new year gift from the Federal govt. Tax payers are sure of bearing the burden of the increase in prices of all commodities (hyper inflation)  that will follow this removal of subsidy. Will people in govt. (The GEJs, okonjo,SLS etc) too pay same price or they keep getting it free of charge. This is absolutely unfair!
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed - Full Transcript Of Press Release From The Pppra by e4emma(m): 5:53pm On Jan 01, 2012
, Now wat is d fate of d university undergraduate, nobody wants 2 listen or hear abt d ASUU strike again,fuel subsidy and BOKO is d centre of attraction, pls lets pray 4 Nigeria
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed - Full Transcript Of Press Release From The Pppra by odapo(m): 6:04pm On Jan 01, 2012
Subsidy is the only thing that i gain from being a Nigerian, If taken away from me, I gain nothing for contributing to this nation.

If given the opportunity at this moment, I will disown my nationality and take up even that of Republic of Benin.

This is the mother of all wickedness,

Govt promise Federal Mass transit, what happens to the Danfo drivers? they become thieves when there is no sale.

This is the sign that the country need to break up. I will rather live in a small country than remain a Nigerian.

All filling stations are closed right now, I have little fuel left in my car, I have few left in the jerry can for Generator, no light right now, 30 litres will now cost NGN4230 instead of NGN1950.

My car will now require over NGN10,000 fuel rather thanNGN4950.

ANd i dont work for the government, I didi not get increased minimum wage,

Please be careful of the comments you write.

Some of us pay children school fees and we are bread winners.

If you still live off gifts from parents and uncles, dont comment on what you know nothing about.

Now am an Angry Nigeria.

Development that does not take the welfare of the people into consideration is not Development.

WE know the pedigree of our leaders, and i think , am not proud of many of them.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed - Full Transcript Of Press Release From The Pppra by Merc: 6:07pm On Jan 01, 2012
Masterstroke from GEJ!!!
angry
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed - Full Transcript Of Press Release From The Pppra by youngmonie: 6:10pm On Jan 01, 2012
moshoodn:

Mixed feelings. . . I hope multiplier effects is contained and the eventual state of flux is balanced. . .

I dnt see how it can be contained in a country like nigeria.  And even the developmental projects dey say they woul carry out may not even have an effect in  few years to come. so i dnt see  aw the multiplier  would be contained, I really hope it doesnt throw some ppl into the unemeployment market bco of firms  increased cost.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed - Full Transcript Of Press Release From The Pppra by tjbash(m): 6:16pm On Jan 01, 2012
A man that had no shoes, now given an hat is thinking only how to bring hardship in the new year. Can we unite for once and say no to this raw hardship. This is wicked!

Goodluck please forget about the luck in gambling please work hard to write your name in gold. Let's have a cause to smile again in this nation. Presidency is not a permanent office. This is not fair

God bless Nigeria
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed - Full Transcript Of Press Release From The Pppra by kunbaba(m): 6:20pm On Jan 01, 2012
GEJ my ass
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed - Full Transcript Of Press Release From The Pppra by Remii(m): 6:20pm On Jan 01, 2012
Kerosine has been selling at N140 in Osun state since Dec 2011
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed - Full Transcript Of Press Release From The Pppra by odapo(m): 6:22pm On Jan 01, 2012
Please note that the guys in the Niger Delta that refine Crude oil in a local way, are sending a message to us that this is not rocket science.

It only requires money to make the refineries work.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed - Full Transcript Of Press Release From The Pppra by babyoy(f): 6:33pm On Jan 01, 2012
A link on the breaking News of FG removing fuel subsidy can be found on-
www.vanguardngr.com
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed - Full Transcript Of Press Release From The Pppra by Wexelion(m): 6:38pm On Jan 01, 2012
Hmmm
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed - Full Transcript Of Press Release From The Pppra by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jan 01, 2012
i've always heard nigerians are lazy.now i know
Remii:

Kerosine has been selling at N140 in Osun state since Dec 2011

it might now climb to N280 tongue
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed - Full Transcript Of Press Release From The Pppra by unrattled: 6:42pm On Jan 01, 2012
Hahaha!
It has started!
TUC has fired the first salvo.
CPC has joined their side.

now whose side are you on. Make we make up our mind quick quick.
Tomorrow Falana go explode.
Interesting. This week go shele!

Patrick Obahiagbon! where you dey?

See TUC and CPC reactions here

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-836668.0.html

UPDATE:
Shut Down Gas Stations Selling Above Existing Prices, JAF (Joint Action Front ) Urges Nigerians
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed - Full Transcript Of Press Release From The Pppra by Wexelion(m): 6:49pm On Jan 01, 2012
odapo:

Subsidy is the only thing that i gain from being a Nigerian, If taken away from me, I gain nothing for contributing to this nation.

If given the opportunity at this moment, I will disown my nationality and take up even that of Republic of Benin.

Govt promise Federal Mass transit, what happens to the Danfo drivers? they become thieves when there is no sale.

This is the sign that the country need to break up. I will rather live in a small country than remain a Nigerian.

All filling stations are closed right now, I have little fuel left in my car, I have few left in the jerry can for Generator, no light right now, 30 litres will now cost NGN4230 instead of NGN1950.

If you still live off gifts from parents and uncles, dont comment on what you know nothing about.

Now am an Angry Nigeria.

Development that does not take the welfare of the people into consideration is not Development.

WE know the pedigree of our leaders, and i think , am not proud of many of them.
be like say na you vex pass,don't worry we will soon get used to it,at least we can't do anything
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed - Full Transcript Of Press Release From The Pppra by ektbear: 6:51pm On Jan 01, 2012
unrattled:

Ouch!
Now those pot cookers (illegal bunkerers) in Rivers State will swing into full business.

Welcome to cheap petrol, adulterated fuel and damaged motor engines.

Why does removed subsidy => more bunkering and backyard refineries?

I don't follow the logic.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed - Full Transcript Of Press Release From The Pppra by realborn(m): 6:53pm On Jan 01, 2012
I thought the plan as discussed at the Town Hall meeting was to continue with consultations until April 2012. Howbeit this unwarranted gift is given few hours into the new year? No wonder most gas stations were shut earlier in the day.

Coupled with theft and pilfering by attendants at the stations, PMS shall now go for almost N250/litre. Please has anyone observed that a 20 litres keg requires about 32 - 35 litres of petrol to get filled at most gas stations? All shall be well!
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed - Full Transcript Of Press Release From The Pppra by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jan 01, 2012
@odapo

Brother its not easy, I already planned selling my jeep and keeping a sport car that consumers less fuel. As for Generator, the fuel cant even take me the next 2hrs. My worry isnt just the heat, its the fact that the product will not even be found at the filling stations. I never wanted to travel abroad now am considering it cos my job depends on 24/7 electricity and my plants had already been on for the past year.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed - Full Transcript Of Press Release From The Pppra by unrattled: 7:03pm On Jan 01, 2012
Why does removed subsidy => more bunkering and backyard refineries?

I don't follow the logic.

If you've lived in the Niger Delta you'd understand.
Simple explanation.

Removal of subsidy = high petrol cost,
break a pipe and steal crude, refine it locally to whatever low spec you can.
Get one litre of original fuel, mix it with 3 litres of backyard fuel, sell at N100 - N139 per litre (not by the roadside, but in filling stations) all in the name of deregulation.

Catch the logic?
Result: , !!!
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed - Full Transcript Of Press Release From The Pppra by ismhab(m): 7:04pm On Jan 01, 2012
with the removal of the fuel subsidy, alot of nigerians will become shoeless, uniformless, bookless, moneyless, poverty will become friend to the masses.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed - Full Transcript Of Press Release From The Pppra by ismhab(m): 7:05pm On Jan 01, 2012
with the removal of the fuel subsidy, alot of nigerians will become shoeless, uniformless, bookless, moneyless, poverty will become friend to the masses.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed - Full Transcript Of Press Release From The Pppra by stunna2(m): 7:09pm On Jan 01, 2012
odapo:

Now am an Angry Nigeria.

sorry to hear about the hardship this may bring to your personal life, but thanks for being factual and telling us facts on how this will affect u! that is what is sometimes lacking here, people r very secretive and duel on abstracts most of the time, 'everyone will suffer but no one will' kind of talk!

again, thanks!

i was against it and i still am for the record; it does not personally affect me directly but i will find out soon since the cost of caring for my mom and some of my relatives will shot up if prices do end up increasing as i suspect they sure will!

its now a wait and see time and people who consider themselves paper economist have the next few years to see how the rules do not apply in naija due to the corruption, but i wait to be proved wrong!! i want to be proved wrong on this that the development that will come from the savings is worth the pain to the man on the street!!

there is no evidence that the money saved will not be embezzled but we are asked to believe that it will not, when the right thing to do would have been to 1st clean up government as a sign of good faith n then make a move such as subsidy removal!

talk time is over as the die has been cast already
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed - Full Transcript Of Press Release From The Pppra by ektbear: 7:26pm On Jan 01, 2012
unrattled:

If you've lived in the Niger Delta you'd understand.
Simple explanation.

Removal of subsidy = high petrol cost,
break a pipe and steal crude, refine it locally to whatever low spec you can.
Get one litre of original fuel, mix it with 3 litres of backyard fuel, sell at N100 - N139 per litre (not by the roadside, but in filling stations) all in the name of deregulation.

Catch the logic?
Result:  , !!!

OK, I see your point. . . in principle selling backyard-refined fuel will be more profitable, since the price of refined petrol products has increased (though one of the arguments against the fuel subsidy is that only a tiny fraction of the money spent actually reaches the end consumer. So the true price to the end consumer may not actually change as much as we think. .)

That much I agree with.

But if it were me stealing oil, I'd just sell the crude myself rather than trying to process it at all. Since you won't be able to compete cost-wise refining oil with a big refinery. . . so better just to steal and sell rather than steal, process and sell.

Anyway you are probably right.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed - Full Transcript Of Press Release From The Pppra by musiwa43: 7:29pm On Jan 01, 2012
This is how a refinery look like. So all the oil marketing company should be given refinery license. All of the oil marketing company need redesign of their depot into refinery.   If you notice this refinery in this picture. It as a depot and a process unit. So what the Oil marketers all need  is process unit only since most of them already have depot.   And they can ship their crude by sea to their depot and refine.  If you look at the satellite pictures. There are so many depot in Nigeria. even in the north. they can all be redesign into small refinery.  there are more than 30 depot in nigeria. if they produce 20,000 x 30= it is 600,000

I can help any company which need to redesign its depot into a refinery convert its depot into a refinery.   my email is amusiwa@hotmail.com

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed - Full Transcript Of Press Release From The Pppra by frenchman2: 7:32pm On Jan 01, 2012
isn't the insecurity in the nation more important than fuel subsidy
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed - Full Transcript Of Press Release From The Pppra by fortunereg: 7:39pm On Jan 01, 2012
Bull Shit !!, searching for fuel all day, all feeling stations except total in festac are locked.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed - Full Transcript Of Press Release From The Pppra by busayobrig: 7:44pm On Jan 01, 2012
Na God go punish all of them.  HABA! BOMB BOMB BOMB!, NOW NA  FUEL INCREMENT FOR NEW YEAR GIFT  , GOODLUCK WATIN DEY HAPPEN. THEY WANT TO FINISH DIS COUNTRY .
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed - Full Transcript Of Press Release From The Pppra by tlops(m): 7:45pm On Jan 01, 2012
frenchman2:

isn't the insecurity in the nation more important than fuel subsidy

says who? Goodluck never chop una dey complain. how do you want us to raise the over 1billion Naira for Aso food, Bullet/bomb proof vehicles for the presidency, Haba you guys dont even care about your GEJ and the fresh air that he is blowing into 9ja.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed - Full Transcript Of Press Release From The Pppra by musawisdom(m): 7:53pm On Jan 01, 2012
Buhari wept just because of this. He foresee what is happening.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed - Full Transcript Of Press Release From The Pppra by tunde1200(m): 8:02pm On Jan 01, 2012
buhari wept meaning what does that mean he can solve the issue of this country.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed - Full Transcript Of Press Release From The Pppra by unrattled: 8:04pm On Jan 01, 2012
But if it were me stealing oil, I'd just sell the crude myself rather than trying to process it at all. Since you won't be able to compete cost-wise refining oil with a big refinery. . . so better just to steal and sell rather than steal, process and sell.

Smart man! grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Akpabio Plotting To Stop Buhari’s Anti-graft War – APC / Budget Padding: You’re Ignorant And Dubious, Dogara Blasts Tinubu / Ozekhome Meets Salami Panel, Testifies Against Magu, Submits Videos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.