Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,955 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:40 AM

Removal Of Fuel Subsidy To Cause Masse Crises - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Removal Of Fuel Subsidy To Cause Masse Crises (1563 Views)

New Petrol Price: A Shift From Subsidy To Profit Making / FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre / Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Removal Of Fuel Subsidy To Cause Masse Crises by richkids1(m): 12:42pm On Jan 02, 2012
This morning when I woke up, I received an SMS from a friend of mine that a litre of Petrol has become 150 instead of its original price of 65 naira.
I checked on Google and noticed that it is true and you can read from a statement on one website below which shows that it is truly, Jonathan wan Nigerians suffer much this new year, may God save us! cry cry cry

"Authorities from Nigeria, the most populated African Country, have with immediate effect removed fuel subsidy.

Fuel subsidy in Nigeria has been sustaining the middle class citizen who majorly depends on petrol as source of electricity since the electricity condition of the country is nothing to write home about.

This action has caused unions to call for mass strikes and street protests.

In the view of Nigerians, the fuel subsidy is the only benefit they get from the national oil wealth – which is designed in part to hold petrol prices at 65 naira a liter ($0.40)."

You can read more from http://thenewsofthepeople.com/nigeria-removes-fuel-subsidy-causes-strike-and-protest-from-masses/
Re: Removal Of Fuel Subsidy To Cause Masse Crises by ayoonis(m): 12:50pm On Jan 02, 2012
I think this is for the good of Nigeria! It is a step forward to the greatness of this country, if you know how much is taxed on people's money in the States and other developed countries, you won't be crying just because of removal of fuel subsidy!

1 Like

Re: Removal Of Fuel Subsidy To Cause Masse Crises by richkids1(m): 6:45am On Jan 25, 2013
What has happened since then now?

(1) (Reply)

Watch Louis Theroux's Area Boys Documentary On BBC Showing Now / Nigerian Whiz Kids Set To Dazzle The World In Maths Competition In July -NMC Bos / For Those Who Say Buhari Sympathizes With Boko Haram - Read This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.