Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,782 members, 7,820,740 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK (14910 Views)

Jennifer Eliogu Robbed At Gun Point In Surulere / Shocking Moment Woman Was Robbed On ATM By Teen Girls & No One Comes To Help-pix / Psquare Attacked And Robbed At Gun Point In Lagos (3rd Mainland) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by MoOdYLaDy(f): 1:14am On Oct 06, 2007
jayon:

nah your mouth go kill u corrupt nigerian, make i no sey the truth again
How am i corrupt angry angry angry, i steal your papa money ni shocked shocked shocked, abeg shut up jare!!!!!foolish thing
Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by Nobody: 1:23am On Oct 06, 2007
angry angry angry wetin concern my papa wit dat, hin be like sey dem swear give u
Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by MoOdYLaDy(f): 1:37am On Oct 06, 2007
Plz you can't speak broken english, becos you sound dumb, anyway am done with your retarded ass

Think before posting crab angry angry, just becos you are behind computer doesn't mean you should badmouth other people
Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by omogenaija(f): 2:42am On Oct 06, 2007
jayon:

angry angry angry angry you think am jokin here , its dbanj who set 2face up

source please ? haters of now adays angry
Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by mrmetoo(m): 4:25am On Oct 06, 2007
Anyway the whole thing is beginning to look more than just a robbery because they're now reporting that nothing was taken from the car not even their phones. Haters are out there!!! So security has been beefed up around him. Abeg make dem no kill ma for us oo
Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by eldee(m): 7:16am On Oct 06, 2007
reports say he's already getting well and the bullet has been removed.
Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by pappilo(m): 7:30am On Oct 06, 2007
Most of you guys posting replies are clowns! Who is after Tuface? answer is NOBODY. Why must you people make a big deal out of nothing. In Nigeria we live in today it is possible for someone to be attacked by armed robbers twice in two years infact it is a very common occurence. I  was attcked 3 times in a 6 month period. The attack on Tuface was a random one and it could have been anyone. Spare a thought for the other people that were robbed and maybe killed by these SOB on the same day Tuface was attacked.

Anyways hope the niggy gets well soon!

I,m out
Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by Gidij(m): 8:32am On Oct 06, 2007
Caution with language guys. This is a world wide web.
Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by 9ja4eva: 8:41am On Oct 06, 2007
We thank God oh
Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by eldee(m): 8:59am On Oct 06, 2007
na wa for armed robbers, una just dey paint us black outside. all those greedy politicians dey there una no fit rob, na person wey dey help us una dey shoot. foolish people. (u can't get me, i'm not within ur reach, u'll have to get a visa, lol) grin grin grin
Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by 9ja4eva: 9:02am On Oct 06, 2007
I tire oh.Dem dey fear rob politicians and co.

Why dem no try Central bank?
Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by WarfyBoy(m): 9:31am On Oct 06, 2007
Gawwwd, that guy dnt deserve to die ohh, who ever dats after him, please pity him for the sake of his fans n family

come to think of it, e fit be say that guy don Bleep so many pipo up ohhh, u kno al these artiste dey like feel like one tin one tin, tho i kno be im fan sha, i kno want make im die ohhh, i want him to live to c the explosion of my brodahood, FAZE, so pls tu stay alive, i tink his fabs shud sing Styl-Plus for hime "Stay Alive" for those u hu luv u, they need u nd alive, bla bla bla

more ova na im say nothing dey happen, abeg tu fans make una tell am say sumtin dey happen ohhhh, since im don begin dey halla notion dey happen, dem don almost kiil 3 gud times, n im still dey ay nothing dey happen, abeg make una giv another slogan.

peace, he shud try n make peace with those he's offended, shikena,, hu kno wether im don go chook hand for were e no suppose put hand??

FAZr till baba GOd kalll
Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by eldee(m): 9:42am On Oct 06, 2007
cowards, mtv has just posted it as newsflash, an insult to nigeria
Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by deor03(m): 9:51am On Oct 06, 2007
i think these guyzs need bodygaurd. The other day i saw FACE at MM airport apparently he was travelling out and could you beleive that he was alone in a corner of the pedestrian steps that lead to departure area of the airport . It was when the touts there started shouting ''kolo mental'' that i got closer to look at the person and it was FACE !! ( alone) no personal staff with him . I thinks these guyz should spare some cash to get bodyguards( i hope we stop piracy) angry angry
Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by deor03(m): 9:53am On Oct 06, 2007
tuface sorry oh,

i wish you speedy recovery.
omo SOMETHING dey happen oh!

pele
Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by MrInfo1(m): 10:46am On Oct 06, 2007
Hmm i think it the ppl that he owe money that are after him shocked Tu face pay ur dept grin

Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by chiogo(f): 5:07pm On Oct 06, 2007
Really?? wow, I feel so sorry for him but why all the hatin' if someone actually set him up?? Anywayz, I hope he's ok.
Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by anusule(m): 6:10pm On Oct 06, 2007
who can kill who God has not killed? nothin dey happen, 2face for life! im sure it would only make him stronger in d music scene
Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by anusule(m): 6:14pm On Oct 06, 2007
naija, instead of rubbing eteh, uba, n all those thieves, they robbing people who sing for us to smile.
Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by uchetobi(f): 7:04pm On Oct 06, 2007
Heard Tu face was beaten up and his awards stolen from him
Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by uchetobi(f): 7:16pm On Oct 06, 2007
May God help him recover quickly. Amen
Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by moondust(m): 8:19pm On Oct 06, 2007
pappilo:

Most of you guys posting replies are clowns! Who is after Tuface? answer is NOBODY. Why must you people make a big deal out of nothing. In Nigeria we live in today it is possible for someone to be attacked by armed robbers twice in two years infact it is a very common occurence. I was attcked 3 times in a 6 month period. The attack on Tuface was a random one and it could have been anyone. Spare a thought for the other people that were robbed and maybe killed by these SOB on the same day Tuface was attacked.

Anyways hope the niggy gets well soon!

I,m out
oh pleese shaddap! who cares if u were attacked or even shot 14 times, how can u just walk in here and try to argue based on assumptions? get ur facts or hush up
Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by Skywalker5(m): 8:28pm On Oct 06, 2007
moondust:

oh pleese shaddap! who cares if u were attacked or even shot 14 times, how can u just walk in here and try to argue based on assumptions? get your facts or hush up

Guy relax now.Everybody loves tu face but papilo has a point.Do you know how many people get robbed while coming from the airport?You guys are not sure if someone is really after him him or just a victim of circumstance
Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by moondust(m): 8:42pm On Oct 06, 2007
like i said he's talking from assumption. . .ok what if they were avtually after him?
Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by Skywalker5(m): 8:53pm On Oct 06, 2007
moondust:

like i said he's talking from assumption. . .ok what if they were avtually after him?

Then he needs to tighten his security.

But what if he was just a victim of circumstances?
Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by jerrymania(m): 9:26pm On Oct 06, 2007
If this post must be true then we know who and who did this (if it aint robbery), if this post https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-82549.0.html is true. lipsrsealed
Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by pappilo(m): 9:26pm On Oct 06, 2007
moondust is an illiterate yarning dust!

All the posters saying people are after Tuface are saying this based on solid facts and not assumptions abi?
Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by Skywalker5(m): 9:30pm On Oct 06, 2007
jerrymania:

If this post must be true then we know who and who did this (if it aint robbery), if this post https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-82549.0.html is true. lipsrsealed

You are very funny.You just jumped into conclusion just like that

O gan fun e
Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by MoOdYLaDy(f): 1:05am On Oct 07, 2007
uchetobi:

Heard Tu face was beaten up and his awards stolen from him
**Coughing coughing**, abeg where is your source shocked shocked, damn can you guys stop all these rumor
Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by ocho(f): 3:38am On Oct 07, 2007
http://community.nigeria.com/newsroom.html

Here's a link to a somewhat detailed account on his attack for anyone it matters to. I'm a huge fan of Tu-face and it is my utmost desire that he and indeed every other victim of robbery survives the trauma.May God be their strenght.
Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by Nobody: 6:57am On Oct 07, 2007
shocked shocked shocked i heard it on news this morning that david mark has agreed to sponsor tuface abroad for his treatment(Surgery),
Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by eldee(m): 7:34am On Oct 07, 2007
By now the news of Tu Face Idibia's attack must have spread across the various Nigerian media outlets.  But for those who haven't gotten the news, here's a brief summary.

On Thursday night about 8pm, Tu Face Idibia and a colleague were attacked in their car by gunmen whilst on their way home (FESTAC Town) from the Murtala Muhammad Airport.  They both sustained injuries and are on admission at Cedar Hospital in the FESTAC Town area.  Tu Face was hit in the thigh whilst, whilst Ifeanyi Orji, Faze’s elder brother was hurt in the arm.   Apparently a laptop computer on Tu Face's lap saved him from further injury.  The gunmen did not remove anything from their person or the car.

My first source of this news was via BEN TV's Internet site.  I don't quite know the source of their information but they sure made things sound very critical with their claims that Tu Face was battling for life.  This prompted me to run a quick Internet search for further verification, and thankfully I found one, supplied surprisingly by the Ghanian site modernghana.com.  It gave a more detailed and less scary take on the news, reporting that the doctor, at Cedars Hospital, Festac, where Tu Face is being hospitalised, stated that the artist was not in a life-threatening situation.   

What a relief!  But it is no cause for rejoicing at all.  The fact that one of Nigeria's most promising artist could be attacked in such a manner is very troubling indeed.  The fact that lightening has struck twice on the same individual calls for urgent attention.  It was only barely 2 years ago he narrowly escaped death at the hands of armed robbers, and now this.  Similarly, he had just returned from a trip abroad.  The guy had been in the country for barely 2 hours before being given the kind of reception nobody would wish for. 

It all reeks of tons and tons of fish.  It was reported that his assailants didn't take anything from the car or its occupants.   It bears all the signs of foul play.  The extremity with which Nigerians like to operate sometimes presents dangers at the most unexpected times.  Here we go again attempting to destroy what works for us.  You have someone like Tu Face, a creative talent anyone would be proud of, who has worked hard for his success, who is being a worthy ambassador for Nigeria.  This is the person some wicked elements conspired to attack. 

It shows how much criminality has been allowed to fester in Nigeria.  It also shows the greed and ill-intent some in our midst have.  Enemies of progress, doers of evil.  Their insecurity is so deep they will do anything to be relevant or make a headway.  I have no doubt that Tu Face's growing fame and success is unnerving to some unscrupulous elements.  Because they are unable to compete fairly, they resort to the tactics of eliminating the source of their perceived competition.  What other reasons would anyone want to harm one of Nigeria's brightest stars. 

It will be sad if this ugly incident was designed to harm or scare Tu Face into oblivion.  It will be a tragedy if the dark side of Nigerian politics is now being transferred to the music and entertainment industries.  Creative people are the life-blood of any environment.  Through their enterprise, they provide welcome release from the grind of everyday living.  Comedians fill us with laughter, musicians and dancers entertain us, and fine artists amaze us.  Unfortunately the greed and callousness of some people blinds them to this fact.   

I know the Nigerian Police under Mike Okiro's leadership is doing a great job fighting crime at the moment.  But this and other robbery incidents highlights the monumental challenge we have.  In spite of the many successes of the Lagos state government and police, it is of a great concern that we still have many bandits roaming the streets bent on causing harm to their fellow Nigerians.  Whilst some are working and building, others are killing and destroying.  it makes one wonder if there is a secret factory producing these elements. 

Collectively, politicians and thieves have given Nigerians a raw deal.  The former creating the problem, the latter exacerbating it.  Sins of the past being visited on the present.  The absence of vital amenities, like constant electricity, have aided and abetted the activities of the criminally minded.  The whole of Nigeria ought to be well lit by now.  It is almost like knowingly creating the perfect environment for robbers to flourish.  Apparently the site of Tu Face's unfortunate incident, around Cele bus stop, was as dark as the devil's front room, providing just the right cover for dastardly acts of this nature.  We need to light up our villages, towns and cities.  We can make use of solar energy whilst awaiting more permanent solutions.       

I have no doubt that Governor Babatunde Fashola, by his actions thus far, is determined to change the face of Lagos for the better.  I also believe Mike Okiro is waging a stronger war on criminals, and things are slowly improving.  Various other state police commands are doing an incredible job.  They do have quite a task on their hands, as it is evident that some criminals are as determined not to give-up the unhealthy lifestyle they've become accustomed to.  To counter this we need a new breed of politicians and police personnel, whose vision, action and commitment will bring about the desired positive change.  In line with our quest for a high economic standing, it is imperative that we improve our forensic capabilities to the highest level of sophistication.  We need more trained investigators, detectives and forensic experts, so that the days of unsolved crimes are put behind us.     

In the meantime, a bunch of young men lay on hospital beds, totally saddened, bemused and angry at the shock welcome they have received after an enterprising sojourn abroad.  One minute you are on stage receiving an outpouring of love and appreciation from a multitude of people, next minute you are being attacked by gun-wielding men. Tu Face must be wondering what more he needs to do to demonstrate his love for his country.  He makes good music, flies the flag for his country all over the world, yet someone somewhere wants to harm him.  Perhaps his winning a MOBO Award in London has further enraged some. Perhaps their artists will do better, sell more records, if Tu Face was out of the picture.  What they fail to realize is that, an artist like Tu Face brings more international attention to other Nigerian artists, and is therefore a vital ingredient for the music scene.  They must realize that the universe is big enough for all artists, business people or whatever profession.

Source: Nigerian Village Square http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/index.php/content/view/7397/55

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Yinka Ayefele's Music House To Be Demolished By Oyo State Govt / Tiwa Savage Off To London For Her Wedding Shopping (photo) / Damilola Adegbite's Throwback Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.