Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,778 members, 7,820,719 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK (14909 Views)

Jennifer Eliogu Robbed At Gun Point In Surulere / Shocking Moment Woman Was Robbed On ATM By Teen Girls & No One Comes To Help-pix / Psquare Attacked And Robbed At Gun Point In Lagos (3rd Mainland) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by angel101(f): 9:41am On Oct 07, 2007
This is such a pity. The government needs to wake up to their responsibility to safe guard the lives and property of Nigerians.
I pray Tuface recovers fully.
Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by sweeti14(f): 2:05pm On Oct 07, 2007
maybe it was one of the mothers of his nemerous children shocked from different women that sent people to kill him. grin grin.all the same i wish him quick recovery. grin
Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by King2000: 4:06pm On Oct 07, 2007
I also heard about the news of 2face.
May God Forgive those people that did the work.
Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by Effa(m): 4:55pm On Oct 07, 2007
2face is always and have always been blessed
am sure my man is doing great and will get out of that hospital as soon as possible

God bless you 2
Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by koseepaaro(m): 5:19pm On Oct 07, 2007
The news about the popular musician, 2face, is true. I even read it on THISDAY website that:

[b]Senate President, Senator David Mark has promised to fly pop-music star, Mr. Innocent Idibia, popularly known as Tuface, abroad for comprehensive medical treatment.
Mark, who sympathised with Tuface over the gun attack on him in Lagos by robbers, assured his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Michael Idibia that he would come to their son’s assistance if his condition did not improve at the Lagos Hospital where he was being treated.
A statement issued yesterday in Abuja, by Chief Press Secretary to the Senate President, Mr. Paul Mumeh quoted his boss to have said: “I will be ready to assist in flying him abroad for medical attention if the hospital in Lagos or the National Hospital Abuja finds it difficult to handle.”
He urged his parents to brief him on the state of his health as soon as “he leaves the theatre.
"The musician", according to the statement, "was under going surgery in the hospital when Mark spoke with his parents".
The statement further said that the Senate President expressed worry about the upsurge of armed robbery cases in the country and urged security operatives to live up to their billings.
Mark said that Tuface “is one musician that has brought fame and honour to his home state, Benue and the nation at large,” and reiterated that everything possible would be done to save his life.
[/b]
Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by moondust(m): 6:04pm On Oct 07, 2007
@papilo
they all spoke frm presumptions just like u did, but u had to dismiss their own opinion as if u witnessed the incident ist hand. No make me vex o
Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by chrisibu(m): 6:05pm On Oct 07, 2007
Tu face would get better very soon.
Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by WesleyanA(f): 6:37pm On Oct 07, 2007
congratulations to him on the award. i wish him speedy recovery.
what sort of a world do we live in? undecided
Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by omogenaija(f): 6:58pm On Oct 07, 2007
WesleyanA:

congratulations to him on the award. i wish him speedy recovery.
what sort of a world do we live in? undecided

a bad world filled with unfortunate jealousy, aye le
Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by djcrucifix(m): 7:10pm On Oct 07, 2007
eeeeyyyyyaaaahhhh!, wo fe fi bobo yi sile sha! undecided, i woner what the guy put on his head that just seems to attract some level of pain and anguish, and lest we forget, faze was also hit by a stray bullet so no be only him we suppose pity undecided

anyway, i heard or should i say read that the senate president has offered to fly him abroad for treatment if the need arises (lucky him).
[/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by saucekid(m): 7:34pm On Oct 07, 2007
@ jayon,

which kain rubbish you dey post? abeg no associate dbanj with this ooooo. abi shey o fe rundown ni?

but sha,i see anoda way for 2face star to rise more more. shey una remember say na shoot wey dem shoot 50cent na im the guy take become star, so dia4,when 2face don well,make him sef sing song wey relate to this shooting and you go see say na anoda MTV award the guy go win.

i have said my own gbam
Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by gabng(m): 8:26pm On Oct 07, 2007
@ EverBody Here

2Face has debts he owe's in the CONFRA world. The sooner he pays it the better,

Thats My 2 Cents
Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by tommyex(m): 8:40pm On Oct 07, 2007
hmm GABNG
i neva tot of it that way though i feel u make some point,
I wish him speedy recovery.
How will SWEETI fink another girl sent set him up?i doubt jare.
Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by NihilceM: 9:05pm On Oct 07, 2007
What the hell! He is human like so many others.

A lot of people get killed everyday and nobody speaks about them.

Just because he is crappy musician people are biting their heads off because he was attacked.

I am disgusted!
Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by dasarge(m): 9:29pm On Oct 07, 2007
Naija has become too rough and unsafe! Just becos the guy came to London to spend some money shopping, they started waiting for him. Untill the problem of proverty is solved, so many intelligent nigerians will continue to avoid home; its simply pathetic! and to the man that said people are being killed everyday, is that supposed to be something we should celebrate in naija? I experienced robbery twice in naija b4 i left and i dont know how that phobia can possibly leave me. There are so many lazy people who refuse to skl and there's no welfare system to take care of their needs and they then pass their frustration and anger on people who struggle to create a break-thru in life. I SORRY SORRY for nigeria!!! and SHAME on those silly armed robbers
Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by pheesayor(m): 9:34pm On Oct 07, 2007
djcrucifix:

eeeeyyyyyaaaahhhh!, wo fe fi bobo yi sile sha! undecided, i woner what the guy put on his head that just seems to attract some level of pain and anguish, and lest we forget, faze was also hit by a stray bullet so no be only him we suppose pity undecided

[/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]

yeye boi, no be faze ooo, na im elder brother, get ur sources right before posting here.
Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by toksdam(m): 10:10pm On Oct 07, 2007
the idoma boy is ok, he's got the tittle for his new album now,the senate president,mark has offered to fly him out for more treatment,we now insist that he gets police and area boys security 24,2face seems to be stable,but the shock is still there,
Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by sley4life(m): 10:17pm On Oct 07, 2007
This hoodlooms must leave 2face alone, Are they jealous of this festac artist? Government shuld provide him with sirens also because he has done the country proud.  I wish him quick recovery, He needs policemen as bodyguards, If 2face gets better make him dey carry gun also for him pocket so we go use one of the culprits as scape goats for others,
Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by ne4real(f): 10:22pm On Oct 07, 2007
yes, i heard d news 2

as of yesterday's news, i heard that 22 bullets where removed from his body, and that David Mark said that he'l do everything possible to save his life by flying him abroad 4 treatment.

may God pls spare his life

Amen.
Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by dustydee: 10:26pm On Oct 07, 2007
koseepaaro:

The news about the popular musician, 2face, is true. I even read it on THISDAY website that:

Senate President, Senator David Mark has promised to fly pop-music star, Mr. Innocent Idibia, popularly known as Tuface, abroad for comprehensive medical treatment.

na wah o!ordinary gun shot wound we cant treat in this country.What does the senate pres. mean by that?instead of him to advocate for better heath care facilities for the country he's thinking of flying him abroad, God ve mercy on us. Anyway heard Tu face has beef with some of his guys, they claim he cables their babes behind their backs and talks to his friends rudely  lipsrsealed(no be me talk am o)what ever the case I wish him speedy recovery.
Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by TonyEmeka(m): 11:08pm On Oct 07, 2007
This s insane, does this means that the lives of Nigerian popular artist are no longer safe?
We need 2 do something about this coz this are the people that promotes Nigeria tru their music and is one of the artist that has a wide international recognition.
Full protection has 2 b given to all Nigerian artist, and 4 those HATERS they need 2 understand that this people are making life easy 4 us coz dy stand 4 us and let d government know what we r going through.
SOMETHING MUST BE DONE UNLESS PEOPLE WILL BE SCARED OF BEING AN ARTIST COS OF D RISK OF BEING ATTACKED BY HATERS aka ROBBERS
Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by TonyEmeka(m): 11:13pm On Oct 07, 2007
Whats is the latest on fashion in Campuses around d globe?
Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by Zandra1(f): 11:29pm On Oct 07, 2007
I wish him and those with him speedy recovery. I pray they wont suffer any trauma due to this incident.

If the news that nothing was stolen from him is true then I hope Nigerians haven't joined the likes of those that assassinated Martin Luther King, JFK, or the guy that tried to kill the former pope etc. Some crazy people like killing famous people so that they would live in infamy. In all, God save Nigeria cause I dont see y anyone from abroad will like to visit when stuff like this happens. This means one always have to lie to friends and relatives before they visit Nigeria to avoid being attacked on their way home. Or they would have to be in hiding when they visit lest they're killed while at home. For those that pray, remember Nigeria in ur prayers cause God forbid but one's (I dont wanna say 'ur') relative may be next.
Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by kojeiwa(m): 12:05am On Oct 08, 2007
How gunmen opened fire on Tuface
•Blow-by-blow account of attack
•He is hale and hearty, says kid brother Hyacinth
By Sun News Publishing
Sunday, October 7, 2007

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2007/oct/07/national-07-10-2007-002.htm

•Tuface
Photo: Sun News Publishing

* More Stories on This Section

In the face of adversity and threat to his own life, Tuface Ididia, the award winning pop star, reportedly displayed rare courage last Thursday as he stood between vicious gunmen, yet he acted to save his pal.

The gunmen had attacked him Thursday night along Oshodi-Apapa Expressway, precisely at Cele Bus stop.
Even as bullets smashed into his left thigh, the Nigerian pop star, who just returned from the UK after clinching the award for the ‘Best African Act of The Year,’ displayed raw bravery and courage in the face of adversity.

Ifeanyi Orji, elder brother to Faze, who also doubles as his manager, recounted to Sunday Sun, last night in Lagos, how split second timing and raw courage, on the part of the singer galvanised him into action when the assailants opened fire on them.
"It was at Cele Bus stop. We were in light traffic, ‘ free styling’, a song he was writing, when I saw a couple of guys get down from the car next to us.

‘Open the door!’ I heard the command from one of the assailants, and the blood froze in my veins! What was happening? I was rooted to my seat like a statue. The next thing I heard was boom! boom! The glass shattered. I thought I was dead! Then I heard Tuface’s voice calling "Odogwu, move! Get out of the car!" I don’t know how I did it. I just saw myself running and stumbling and running.

"Suddenly I discovered that he was behind me, panting, asking, ‘’are you okay!’ Despite his wounds, he was still asking about my state. I reached out to support him as we staggered on. It was like watching a James Bond movie but in this case, we were the actors! "
They would later be rescued by a van carrying pure water and taken to Cedar Hospital in Festac Town, where they were all admitted.

It was in the bus that they discovered that they were wounded and bleeding: "I discovered that he was bleeding. When he noticed my blood soaked T-shirt, he cried out, ‘Odogwu, are you okay! He thought I was shot in the stomach. He forgets all his pain and was asking after me. I was touched. I was scared like a fool. Tuface was bold and confident! He was the reason why I fled the car. It was his voice that made me run for dear life."

Hycent Idibia, younger brother of the singer and a member of the music duo, Da Natives, whose current single, ‘Love You Better’ is making waves on TV, reassured Nigerians of his brothers state of health: "he is hail and hearty and in very high spirits. I want to use this opportunity to debunk reports in certain sections of the media that he was in critical condition. I spoke to him five minutes ago and I can authoritatively tell you that he is in excellent health condition. He should be back with us in a couple of days.

"I was waiting for the arrival of my brother, chilling when I heard the news. I was like, ‘what kind of news is that? Less than an hour earlier, they had called and told me that they were on the way. I was dazed. I couldn’t believe it. He was shot! I drove like a madman to Cedar Hospital, almost knocking down people. People were screaming, madman! I just did not care."

However, he said that when he met him at the hospital, Tuface was calm.
He laughed and said, ‘Na wa-o HI, bad boys shoot me.’ Despite his pain, he still could make a joke about his situation. He kept smiling and reassuring me."

Contrary to speculations, HI insisted that his elder brother was not in any danger or critical condition: He is as fit as a fiddle. He was never in danger of losing his life. The darkest moment is over, I was relieved."
On speculations that hired assassins attacked him, he said: "It could be a robbery attack or set up, I don’t know. All I know is that I am happy that he is alive and God would always protect him."
Decrying the state of security in the country he said: "The security situation is terrible. This is the second time it is happening. The police should concentrate more on protecting lives and property rather than harassing people in the name of stop and search."
Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by tynos: 12:17am On Oct 08, 2007
na wao before he said nothing they happen they robbed him and broke his neck,
now he said,if love is a crime is willing to be hunted i guess u all know what happened he was hunted
Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by Pain(m): 2:36am On Oct 08, 2007
I Think It's High Time You Relocate Offshore. Oy'nem.

Emmem'ma. This I'm'lanyi is Getting Too Much!!! angry angry. Enemies that can't Stand Success.

Jealous Bastards. I Swear They Were not Robbers. Looks More Like Assasins 2 Me.

I Smell Music In This undecided
Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by juniorhamz(m): 5:38am On Oct 08, 2007
yh i heard it today!!!on cool fm 22 pellets removed from his ties and he's getting btr cheesy, (ENEm IEs MA KUdaNu)
Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by pappilo(m): 7:37am On Oct 08, 2007
assasins shoot to kill! They dont shoot legs and shi.t.
Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by Pain(m): 7:48am On Oct 08, 2007
There are a lot of too knows on this forum. Shoot to kill indeed. What if they missed.?

2 Smart 4 yourself huh?
Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by ehie007(m): 7:56am On Oct 08, 2007
2face needs to be more lucky, i think its hi time he hires security around him
Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by dustydee: 8:03am On Oct 08, 2007
Pain:

There are a lot of too knows on this forum. Shoot to kill indeed. What if they missed.?

2 Smart 4 yourself huh?
assasins hardly miss, trust me on this they would have killed him if they wanted to, maybe they were just passing a message across
Re: 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK by henry007(m): 8:09am On Oct 08, 2007
22 pellets in d thigh region, is it [size=18pt]assasination or castration attempt[/size]?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Uche Ogbodo's New Red Hair / Yinka Ayefele's Music House To Be Demolished By Oyo State Govt / Tiwa Savage Off To London For Her Wedding Shopping (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.