Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation (114469 Views)

Adams Unaji Is Dead (Occupy Nigeria Activist) / Another Occupy Nigeria Protester Killed In Gasau, Zamfara? / Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by aljharem3: 3:37pm On Jan 05, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

Source please,

to come official soon on local media
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by aljharem3: 3:37pm On Jan 05, 2012
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by aljharem3: 3:53pm On Jan 05, 2012
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by aljharem3: 3:56pm On Jan 05, 2012
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by aljharem3: 3:57pm On Jan 05, 2012
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by aljharem3: 3:58pm On Jan 05, 2012
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by aljharem3: 4:00pm On Jan 05, 2012
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by y2kaustin(m): 4:06pm On Jan 05, 2012
i can see three NAiralanders in that pic, shocked shocked cheesy
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by aljharem3: 4:12pm On Jan 05, 2012
Muslims are protecting Christians in Kano and Kaduna
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by unrattled: 4:12pm On Jan 05, 2012
Ouch!

Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by okadaman2: 4:14pm On Jan 05, 2012
Keep them coming Alj Harem

We need to lock down every houses of assembly in Nigeria.

Every altar of political and public corruption must be occupied and shut down till GEJ starts firing people, till GEJ sends a bill to the HOA seeking to peg federal political pay at allowances to an acceptable level, we shall #Occupy

They can remove subsidy but we cannot continue to subsidize security votes.

Every day for the Thief, one day for the owner, that day is almost here. . . it's just warming up.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by chuksikem(m): 4:17pm On Jan 05, 2012
y2kaustin:

why are the igbos NOT participating in the Occupy Nigeria

Fuel has been retailing for 75-90naira in most parts of the east since God knows when, we have been crying all these while, while the

rest of nigeria enjoyed petroleum products, now is the turn of other regions to feel what we felt,
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by DonaldsN(m): 4:18pm On Jan 05, 2012
I've meticulously read all the post here, but none of u have mentioned d palliatives rolled out by FG yday. FYI, FG has ordered immediate importation of 1600 units of 50-and-above-sitter diesel engine busses to be deployed to d whole federation b4 monday. Accordin to Labran Makau, d 1600 units are just 4a start,d importation will continue until d effects of d subsidy removal are minimised 2d barest on d transportation sector. Again contractors have been paid to go back and finish their on going projects and so many more coming. Lets give them a chance. If dia should be any protest, it should be 4d trial of past and present corrupt leaders and also demand dat political office holders recieve a massive pay cut like in singapore, and not 4subsidy cos it has come to stay. Listen 2d voice of reason without sentiment and know dis govt means well and will do well. Wat would u have done if finally u wia assured subsidy will be removed by april, if not hoarding dat wl lead to scarcity? Listen well, think well, analyse well
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by aljharem3: 4:21pm On Jan 05, 2012
chuksikem:

Fuel has been retailing for 75-90naira in most parts of the east since God knows when, we have been crying all these while, while the

rest of nigeria enjoyed petroleum products, now is the turn of other regions to feel what we felt,

Please go an sleep. The so called east you are talking about are feeling the pinch now.

Most peopel working in Abuja,lagos or port harcourt, onitsha cannot go back now or anit u living in Lagos ?

Such tribalsitic views is what is killing Nigeria

well Nigerians are watching
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by aljharem3: 4:22pm On Jan 05, 2012
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jan 05, 2012
@AL HAREM
please post the link to the police story
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by 9ijaMan: 4:26pm On Jan 05, 2012
Donalds N:

I've meticulously read all the post here, but none of u have mentioned d palliatives rolled out by FG yday. FYI, FG has ordered immediate importation of 1600 units of 50-and-above-sitter diesel engine busses to be deployed to d whole federation b4 monday. Accordin to Labran Makau, d 1600 units are just 4a start,d importation will continue until d effects of d subsidy removal are minimised 2d barest on d transportation sector. Again contractors have been paid to go back and finish their on going projects and so many more coming. Lets give them a chance. If dia should be any protest, it should be 4d trial of past and present corrupt leaders and also demand dat political office holders recieve a massive pay cut like in singapore, and not 4subsidy cos it has come to stay. Listen 2d voice of reason without sentiment and know dis govt means well and will do well. Wat would u have done if finally u wia assured subsidy will be removed by april, if not hoarding dat wl lead to scarcity? Listen well, think well, analyse well

In your own wisdom you really think 1,600 buses will convey 150million people? No wonder the government thinks all Nigerians are morons, !
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by y2kaustin(m): 4:31pm On Jan 05, 2012
SPIT!!! SPIT!!!! angry angry
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by chuksikem(m): 4:37pm On Jan 05, 2012
alj_harem:

Please go an sleep. The so called east you are talking about are feeling the pinch now.

Most peopel working in Abuja,lagos or port harcourt, onitsha cannot go back now or anit u living in Lagos ?

Such tribalsitic views is what is killing Nigeria

well Nigerians are watching

STFU you diseased monkey, who can be more tribalistic than you??who doesnt know pms have been retailing far above normal price in the east?? sad
kindly go and pick on guys ur size, am not in the same league with u, just STFU and continue with your protests from the comfort of whatever hole you call a home, since i can bet my life that you are an internet protester, rubbish, ee.diots fueling riots from the comfort of their homes.

Dumb peeps i have to put up cos of this unholy marriage called nigeria,

1 Like

Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jan 05, 2012
9ijaMan:

In your own wisdom you really think 1,600 buses will convey 150million people? No wonder the government thinks all Nigerians are morons, !
The 1600 buses is FOR A START!
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jan 05, 2012
another comrade has fallen in gusau today. this is extra judicial killing and police brutality at its peak
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by BBDelta(m): 5:05pm On Jan 05, 2012
MY FELLOW COUNTRY MEN,

JUST A LITTLE MATHEMATICS, AS PART OF THE FRESH AIR!, GOODLUCK IS PROVIDING 1600 BUSES FOR 160,000,000 PEOPLE.

NUMBER OF PEOPLE PER BUS = 160,000,000 / 1600

= 100,000 PERSONS PER BUS, THEY WILL ALL GET FRESH AIR INSIDE THE BUS.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Rich4god(m): 5:32pm On Jan 05, 2012
@zeddicus>>> Why do the FG have to import diesel buses while we have local manufacturers. The last time i check, Innoson is still functioning/manufacturing and his buses are doing pretty well.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by aljharem3: 5:35pm On Jan 05, 2012
Rich4god:

@zeddicus>>> Why do the FG have to import diesel buses while we have local manufacturers. T[b]he last time i check, Innoson is still functioning/manufacturing and his buses are doing pretty well.[/b]

good question.

Why and Why do we keep importing vehicles when Innoson motors are manufacturing in Nigeria ?

And so would say a revolution is not needed
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by garba(m): 6:29pm On Jan 05, 2012
KADUNA Removes Subsidy On WATER Too. Raised Water Rate By 100%
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by karlmax2: 6:35pm On Jan 05, 2012
BBDelta:
MY FELLOW COUNTRY MEN,

JUST A LITTLE MATHEMATICS, AS PART OF THE FRESH AIR!, GOODLUCK IS PROVIDING 1600 BUSES FOR 160,000,000 PEOPLE.

NUMBER OF PEOPLE PER BUS = 160,000,000 / 1600

=  100,000 PERSONS PER BUS, THEY WILL ALL GET FRESH AIR INSIDE THE BUS.

Ʊ people don't even knw ur population in another post someone said 140m here another one said 160m, So all the 160m in nigeria enter buses, Foolish analysis, Moreover did the FG tell Ʊ that is only 1600 buses they are providing,

Go and join the protest since is paining Ʊ too much
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Dreamflyin(m): 6:42pm On Jan 05, 2012
Hey guys, dnt get we ibos wrong. Our fathers gave deir blood den, we d present generation av learnt 4rm dat struggle, dere is notin 4 us in NIGERIA, we scrapd n sweated 2 b where we ar nw wit jst a token of 20pounds given 2 us afta d civil war, dnt blame us pls, no one likes makin a mistake twice. Any where d wind blows us we ar content even if pms sells for 1000per litre, we've seen worse. If ibos dare protest, u'll see army down here immediately. Abeg free us, make una protest tire, we ar chillin wit our beer n hapy 2 survive a new year. Happy survival ndi igbo

1 Like

Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by garba(m): 6:43pm On Jan 05, 2012
KADUNA Removed Subsidy On Water Too. Raising Water Rates By 100% >_<
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by DonaldsN(m): 6:59pm On Jan 05, 2012
20% of the buses will be source from domestic producers according to info minister. MDAs have been directed to pay january salary by 20th and probably february will follow suit. Those of u dat wil never listen to voice of reason but rather open dia mouth to voice out dia paucity of acute sagacity, i said d 1600 buses are just for a START! According to my guy Labran, by february, there would have been enough to cushion d effect on d transport sector. More palliatives still coming. Pls don't be insultive when commenting here. Lets be matured while proving our points
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by karlmax2: 7:10pm On Jan 05, 2012
Donalds N:
20% of the buses will be source from domestic producers according to info minister. MDAs have been directed to pay january salary by 20th and probably february will follow suit. Those of u dat wil never listen to voice of reason but rather open dia mouth to voice out dia paucity of acute sagacity, i said d 1600 buses are just for a START! According to my guy Labran, by february, there would have been enough to cushion d effect on d transport sector. More palliatives still coming. Pls don't be insultive when commenting here. Lets be matured while proving our points

My brother don't waste ur precious Time educating them right now na only the 1600 bus dem they Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ by the Time their super hero NLC/TUC go on strike for two days dem go start to think well, I laugh in fela. We are use to suffering and smilling no body wan die 9ja people to like enjoyment subsidy has gone adjust ur belt if Ʊ can't afford fuel sell ur car and enter BRT the price is still the same or better still buy a bicycle
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by aljharem3: 7:13pm On Jan 05, 2012
Dreamflyin:

Hey guys, dnt get we ibos wrong. Our fathers gave deir blood den, we d present generation av learnt 4rm dat struggle, dere is notin 4 us in NIGERIA, we scrapd n sweated 2 b where we ar nw wit jst a token of 20pounds given 2 us afta d civil war, dnt blame us pls, no one likes makin a mistake twice. Any where d wind blows us we ar content even if pms sells for 1000per litre, we've seen worse. If ibos dare protest, u'll see army down here immediately. Abeg free us, make una protest tire, we ar chillin wit our beer n hapy 2 survive a new year. Happy survival ndi igbo

My brother, well understood. We are not pressurising Igbos but the only favour Igbos or SE can do for us is to not bring a font that they support the FG in the removal of the subsidy. If all goes well and they are not with the FG then good. We are one people. Next protest would be for Niger-delta people and then boko haram.

Although please I would like you to advice your brothers anyway you see them to stop making fun of the people protesting because we are not stu.pid.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by OmoTier1(m): 7:17pm On Jan 05, 2012
Donalds N:

20% of 1600 is how many? A paltry number of 320! You mean FG will be importing a whooping 1280busses from another country and you call that 'Pallative' measures?

Look as for the salary, We KNOW the Federal Government does not have the CAPACITY to pay salaries middle of the month! Why, most Salaries are now done through BACs, and these are fixed systems that require substantial paper work and electronic software adjustment, hence the reason when an employee salary is adjusted wrongly, they usually get the employee paid either in cash or in subsequent BACs transfer!

So dude, not all Nigerians can be fooled!

Let me also tell you this, these buses to be brought in, however the number, will not run on water, okay. They will run on diesel, which will be bought at prevailing market rates of N145, how then will the FG get the buses to charge less per person on any given mileage of transportation? Wouldnt that be a delibrate distortion of local prices?, Or are you going to tell me that these buses will carry Nigeria for free?, Who pays then?, the FG?, ha ha, more SCAM on the way!
Boy, Nigerians are more wiser than your puppet government seems to think!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (34) (Reply)

Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) / President Buhari's 'Louboutin' Shoes Got People Talking (Photos) / 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria-opinion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.