Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,857 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation (114466 Views)

Adams Unaji Is Dead (Occupy Nigeria Activist) / Another Occupy Nigeria Protester Killed In Gasau, Zamfara? / Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by iswell1(m): 3:55pm On Jan 03, 2012
se cant join, this is madness
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by BabaO2: 4:07pm On Jan 03, 2012
Oil Subsidy, the fact is “we are subsidising West-Africa Nations”, not only Nigeria, people should see through these sentiments. If we are planning not now, probably in the future, to have economic integration with ‘WA Nations’ we have to be selling our Petroleum Products, goods, and services at competitive rates, that is at the same rate across board otherwise we would be doomed as a nation like Greece.

Subsidising every country from Benin Republic in our immediate West of Nigeria, to Mauritania in the far North West of West Africa is a suicidal pact with the devil which we should shy and run away from no matter the hardship.

Monkey dey work baboon dey chop!!! Undecided Huh
ogbeni, say what u know, u know absolutely nothing about what u are saying. To help you, go to republic of benin u cited as an example, then come back here and correct ur self
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jan 03, 2012
@emolala, dont try anytng n jos f u love urself!
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by otokx(m): 4:18pm On Jan 03, 2012
There appears to be a lack of co-ordination amongst the protest planners and its obvious that the momentum may not be sustainable unless the south south especially Port Harcourt gets involved.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Knorkastur: 4:37pm On Jan 03, 2012
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by kevin10: 4:49pm On Jan 03, 2012
when is the protest going to start in benin city ,and where is the starting point .we in benin are ready for the protest and it must be substain.we must consider what happen in the Arab world and tell our so call leaders that are not fools
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jan 03, 2012
otokx:

There appears to be a lack of co-ordination amongst the protest planners and its obvious that the momentum may not be sustainable unless the south south especially Port Harcourt gets involved.
Amaechi is patroling ph in a BMW x3 with his wife and security convoy they just drove pass me on Aba road by st. johns, i guess he is trying to ascertain the level of calmness in the town
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by OmoTier1(m): 4:55pm On Jan 03, 2012
chuksikem:

STFU  man,  angry spewing rubbish from a foreign land, come back and join the cause if you are indeed passionate about the protest undecided undecided.
We do not have tine for  disgruntled elements like you,  but if you are in the UK,  @1pm on the 6th of January,  Nigeria High Commission London Protest planned,
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by aljharem3: 5:01pm On Jan 03, 2012
kevin10:

when is the protest going to start in benin city ,and where is the starting point .we in benin are ready for the protest and it must be substain.we must consider what happen in the Arab world and tell our so call leaders that are not fools
cool South-south no dey disappoint

we vbo nia? benin-city undecided
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by b0dnel: 5:16pm On Jan 03, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

We do not have tine for  disgruntled elements like you,  but if you are in the UK,  @1pm on the 6th of January,  Nigeria High Commission London Protest planned, 

After you must have returned from "per hour" work
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by chuksikem(m): 5:21pm On Jan 03, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

Losers, protesting in the uk, where everything works, where u are not scared of been robbed by area boys or been shot by overzealous security guys, rubbish, just keep instigating dumb folks, i know your type, typical yoruba blood, always bolting away at the slightest sound of violence, just the same way your folks did during the lekki protest.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by bassette(m): 5:27pm On Jan 03, 2012
We should try to read btw the lines and not swallow anythin we told.if the fuel subsidy favoured d 'cabal' as we've been made to believe then don't u think there would have been greater reprisals to dis removal long b/4 now??or don't u all know no rich/thieving man like to lose his source of regular ill income?Nigerians it is obvious dis cabal talk by d govt is jst foul talk simply put.Corruption is d bane of dis nation, Corruption rooted in greed and insincerity with lack of human feeling.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by OmoTier1(m): 6:06pm On Jan 03, 2012
chuksikem:

Losers, protesting in the UK, where everything works, where u are not scared of been robbed by area boys or been shot by overzealous security guys, rubbish, just keep instigating dumb folks, i know your type, typical Yoruba blood, always bolting away at the slightest sound of violence, just the same way your folks did during the lekki protest.

You're a waste pro PDP slowpoke, When Libya, Tunisia, Egypt all began their self cleansing, London was the center of rally. Several people from the UK are giving support to those back home and we are doing what we can to make sure the blood of the innocent are not spilled for nothing like that of the Hero killed today in ilorin.

FYI 'm not Yoruba and I do not have to be one, Somehow, when the same GEJ was been made a slave, the SNG that later surfaced in Abuja was birthed here in the UK, I need not engage a wiggly like yourself. We are focused in this cause and God will see the true Nigerian masses through.

If you think it is all safe here, it wasn't all by prayers as your likes in Nigeria often think. We hold governments to account here. We, the people make things work in civilized manner, and I do not see how Nigerians deserve less than what the UK has been able to put on ground for her citizenry following continuous agitations by various pressure group.

Manner do not fall from Heaven anymore, it was made only for the Israelis in the wilderness, that is why God gave us his Spirit for courage, direction and Might!
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by skyp(m): 6:09pm On Jan 03, 2012
there can never be success in a protest without violence.

Going to the government house to beg the governor to adress the crowd

is a signatory of acceptance.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by friedrice1: 6:10pm On Jan 03, 2012
kevin10:

when is the protest going to start in benin city ,and where is the starting point        .we in benin are ready for the protest and it must be substain.we must consider what happen in the Arab world and tell our so call leaders that are not fools  
you can start by throwing firecrackers in Oba market, the stampede may ignite a protest.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by vladimiros: 6:18pm On Jan 03, 2012
guys I joined the facebook groups there is some activvity there

here is occupy nigeria:http://www./122409827877756/

and Nationwide anti-fuel subsidy removal group:http://www./306951516016221/
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by bolakale30(m): 6:41pm On Jan 03, 2012
Get live updates via twitter search these tags #occupyNigeria, #fuelsubsidy, We must sustain dis struggle ! No retreat until or demands are met,
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by gokuu(m): 6:59pm On Jan 03, 2012
Na wa o, so some group of people sitting in the comfort of their homes and posting on Nairaland and facebook, while area boys terrorize people on the streets is the way to go?
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by bolakale30(m): 7:16pm On Jan 03, 2012
@gokuu, if u were nt an akokite, i would av, But since we share d same blood i COMMENT MY RESERVE, We have 2 watch their back and incite others to join d cause
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Sterz: 8:18pm On Jan 03, 2012
like this page on FB--
Let'sOccupyNigeriaTogether-- http://
/
MAw1ySj , like,comment and pass the link
on,
please. You can also follow Me on
twitter
@vicsterzz, Together let us fight this.
This is a forum to publicise these
shameful actions by the government,
against its own people, just for
fighting for their rights.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by calaway: 9:25pm On Jan 03, 2012
I WISH THIS MUCH ENERGY WAS EXPENDED BY NIGERIANS IN RESISTING AND CONDEMNING THE INJUSTICES WE SEE EVERYDAY IN THE NORTH. SINCE THE END OF THE CIVIL WAR IGBOS HAVE ROUTINLY BEEN MURDERED IN THE NORTH, OIL PRODUCING LAND IS CONSTANTLY DESICRATED. AND MORE RECENTLY CHILDREN, YOUTH CORPERS AND WOMEN AND CHURCH GOERS ARE MURDERED BY HUASA PEOPLE WHO ARE LEADING THIS CIRCUS. YET YOU IDLE LOT KEPT MUTE.
FOR SURE THE SE /SS WHERE THE OIL IS GOT AND WHICH HAS PROVIDED YOU SORRY ASSES WITH GOOD ROADS TO SEAT , OCCUPY AND IDLE AWAY ON WILL NOT BE A PART OF THIS CIRCUS. SHAME!!!!
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by chuxyn: 11:52pm On Jan 03, 2012
THE TRUE REASON TO OCCUPY NIGERIA
There is no sector in the Nigerian economy that has been deregulated and is performing poorly. Telecoms company in Nigeria today pay the highest amount of tax to the government with MTN almost single-handedly sponsoring the last world-cup is South Africa with money made from the Nigerian economy as compared to the initial state of NITEL. In aviation Nigerian airlines serve the whole of west African countries with the likes of Arik and Air Nigeria competing with the best airlines in South Africa and Kenya compared to the days of NIGERIAN AIRWAYS. The protest should be channeled towards corruption in Government, social inequalities, bogus allowances for electoral officers and high cost of running government, insecurity and failure of our public education system and social infrastructure (Pipe borne water and Electricity). This is our chance to occupy the country for a true transformation, Godbless Nigeria
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Horus(m): 12:19am On Jan 04, 2012
[flash=450,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAipvp7V6Dc&feature=player_embedded#![/flash]

Nigerian fuel protests heat up
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Nobody: 12:25am On Jan 04, 2012
If you will protest courageously, and yet with dignity and Christian love, when the history books are written in future generations, the historians will have to pause and say, "There lived a great people - a black people - who injected new meaning and dignity into the veins of civilization." This is our challenge and our overwhelming responsibility. ~Martin Luther King, Jr., address to Holt Street Baptist Church, 5 December 1955
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by sniperwolf(m): 3:29am On Jan 04, 2012
Nothing will happene jor
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by sniperwolf(m): 3:29am On Jan 04, 2012
Nothing will happene jor
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by sniperwolf(m): 3:30am On Jan 04, 2012
Nothing will happene jor
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Thirst4Lif: 6:48am On Jan 04, 2012
Good to know ALL Nigerians aren't hiding out on other continents like cowards, while

complaining about conditions in their homeland, but doing NOTHING to create positive

changes!! If you're not helping to better the situations in your homeland, YOU DON'T

GET TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THEM!! There are times when revolution is necessary so as a

Black American I have great respect for the men and women in the photos!!
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Nobody: 7:34am On Jan 04, 2012
Thirst4Lif:

There are times when revolution is necessary so as a

Black American I have great respect for the men and women in the photos!!

Do blacks in the United States actually refer to themselves as "[b]Black [/b]Americans"?!

Just asking for a friend.  undecided
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by chuksikem(m): 7:54am On Jan 04, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

You're a waste pro PDP slowpoke, When Libya, Tunisia, Egypt all began their self cleansing, London was the center of rally. Several people from the UK are giving support to those back home and we are doing what we can to make sure the blood of the innocent are not spilled for nothing like that of the Hero killed today in ilorin.

FYI 'm not Yoruba and I do not have to be one, Somehow, when the same GEJ was been made a slave, the SNG that later surfaced in Abuja was birthed here in the UK, I need not engage a wiggly like yourself. We are focused in this cause and God will see the true Nigerian masses through.

If you think it is all safe here, it wasn't all by prayers as your likes in Nigeria often think. We hold governments to account here. We, the people make things work in civilized manner, and I do not see how Nigerians deserve less than what the UK has been able to put on ground for her citizenry following continuous agitations by various pressure group.

Manner do not fall from Heaven anymore, it was made only for the Israelis in the wilderness, that is why God gave us his Spirit for courage, direction and Might!

shut up that gutter you call a mouth, rubbish, what do you know about protest??who is a pdp goon, i just pity the gullible fools that listen to peeps like you, you are so far gone,
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by OmoTier1(m): 9:07am On Jan 04, 2012
chuksikem:

shut up that gutter you call a mouth, rubbish, what do you know about protest??who is a pdp goon, i just pity the gullible fools that listen to peeps like you, you are so far gone,
During the IBB and Sani Abacha days,  we had unscrupulouselements like you who did everything to discourage the fight for good governance but we never gave in even in the face of staggering opposition. Even better this time, Nigerians home and abroad are far wiser! I feel sorry for your type 'cos you are a lone wolf!, History never honour COWARDS like you, rather History remember and honours men of vigour who rose to the challenge of the day to confront injustice, corruption, and dictatorial rulership!

Need I remind you? Protest slated for Nigeria High Commission, London, on the 6th of January 2012 by 1pm. See you there!
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by AmAlone: 10:19am On Jan 04, 2012
Bros and Bros(es)

No Protesting Today?

I HOPE MY FELLOW NIGERIANS HAVE NOT GIVING UP OO!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply)

Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) / 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria-opinion / President Buhari's 'Louboutin' Shoes Got People Talking (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.