Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

How Boko Haram Made Money From Fuel Subsidy - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Boko Haram Made Money From Fuel Subsidy (7521 Views)

Savings From Fuel Subsidy Removal Rises To N647m Daily / Foreign Suppliers Blacklist Nigeria From Fuel Imports / What Exactly Will Western Countries/imf Gain From Fuel Subsidy Removal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Boko Haram Made Money From Fuel Subsidy by sammirano: 8:01pm On Jan 04, 2012
Nigeria is not a nation that should talking about fuel being subsidize, but because of the fraudlent govt we have no body is ready to look at ways of making fuel cheaper than the previous state. we can have fuel sold at as low as N30 in Nigeria, but the govt won't think in that direction. like I said in one of my posts please continue raining curses available on GEJ we never can tell which one will work faster.
Re: How Boko Haram Made Money From Fuel Subsidy by chinnyonwu(m): 8:13pm On Jan 04, 2012
How much do bombs cost?
Re: How Boko Haram Made Money From Fuel Subsidy by abacus(m): 8:14pm On Jan 04, 2012
KnowAll:

The man is saying the truth, when u have cheap petrol you can bargain it with anything, even in some extreme cases, you could be allowed to sleep with a man’s wife for ‘black Gold’ how much more obtaining a few Kalashnikov and RPG for black Gold, this is one commodity that makes the world go ga-ga.!!!  cool

KnollAll it's a distraction nah.  What is the connection between BH and 1 billion food budget or 200million budget of watering weeds in ASO rock. KnowAll aka apako reason nah, use your 'Know All' brain.
Re: How Boko Haram Made Money From Fuel Subsidy by dbride: 8:31pm On Jan 04, 2012
Prof Tam David West has been refuting the claim that FG susidies fuel severally over the year. What beats me is that our leaders have not deemed it wise to invite the Prof to explain his views to them before taking any action. How can leaders be so fraudulent. Jonathan who has experiencd poverty should know better. Poor man in power could be worse than the rich in power. The Prof and a few others with intergrity, including Gani Fawehinmi, have not stopped telling us that fuel is not subsidised. Jonathan, what will it cost you to talk with the Prof if you are sincere? I am still wondering what kind of wisdom these leaders apply; the wisdom of a THIEF?
Re: How Boko Haram Made Money From Fuel Subsidy by Gayigaskia(m): 9:17pm On Jan 04, 2012
Niger this Boko haram that, with the elimination of fuel subsidies its funny Niger will have cheaper oil than Nigeria because they have the only working refinery in the region. thus the smuggling will be reversed to the other side of border if you know what i mean. grin grin grin grin
Re: How Boko Haram Made Money From Fuel Subsidy by Akiika: 9:41pm On Jan 04, 2012
Hmmmmmn!, maybe the poster should have thought before typing an unsubstantiated rumor, not the other way around.
If you do not have any source for the information, then you are one of the political thugs called Boko Haram.
You should rather be calling for a united front to battle GEJ and his goons.
Re: How Boko Haram Made Money From Fuel Subsidy by Knorkastur: 10:26pm On Jan 04, 2012
Re: How Boko Haram Made Money From Fuel Subsidy by Pain(m): 11:21pm On Jan 04, 2012
In case you don't know. My contacts eavesdropped on Mr Reno Omokri Special Assistant on New Media at a bar in Sheraton when they were planning this propaganda. They intend to pass it as a CIA report. Believe this you will believe anything!
Re: How Boko Haram Made Money From Fuel Subsidy by Pain(m): 6:20am On Jan 05, 2012
Thanks @ Iskoki (Mr 19 posts). I can see you just registered to propagate propaganda. How much did they pay you. I can see the government is really dull to have hired you.

This strategy smells like the struggle of a drowning man holding on to a straw! You have indeed betrayed your employers. Please try consulting with your pet parrot, may it can come up with something more sell-able. shocked
Re: How Boko Haram Made Money From Fuel Subsidy by Pain(m): 6:34am On Jan 05, 2012
I stumbled on a post from Citizen [b]@talknafree [/b]some where on the nairaland borders that I thot is should share. Below are the excerpts. Food for thot indeed.

[b]"The General believe during the Obasanjo Administration was that it was through the influence of Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Nigeria's foreign debt was drastically reduced, but what they failed to tell us was on what terms and conditions IMF and World Bank Cancelled the supposed debt. Afterall, like the saying goes, Nothing goes for Nothing.

Ngozi's brother was acted as the mediator/consultant between the federal government of Nigeria and IMF/World Bank got paid a whooping $10million as his "consultant fee". For a job he neither started nor ended.

Ngozi Okonjo Iweala currently earns a salary of $600,000 monthly excluding her allowances, and has a free hand policy. Which means a larger percentage she makes concerning the Economy and Finances of Nigeria need not pass through the Federal Executive Council Meeting or the President himself. She has been given the trust and responsibility to handle most international dealing bothering on Nigeria's Economy.

Reason? That was the condition she gave the Federal Government before she accepted to take over the Finance Ministry.

If we all can remember vividly, the same Okonjo Iweala Resigned from Obasanjo's cabinet when he reshuffled his cabinet and transferred her from Ministry of Finance to Foreign Affairs Ministry.

Rumors had it OBJ couldn't stand her overbearing attitudes and indirect insults at both Private and Public Executive meetings.

If Ngozi Iwela really loved and wanted to serve her father land as she makes us believe, She wouldn't think of putting policies to affect her fellow Nigerians at the expense of satisfying IMF and World Bank".
[/b]

If she loves her father land so much why did she reject the less lucrative Foreign Affairs Ministry?
Re: How Boko Haram Made Money From Fuel Subsidy by moshoodn(m): 8:22am On Jan 05, 2012
Fire in the North. . . . Asaba sose, araba dede!
Re: How Boko Haram Made Money From Fuel Subsidy by unclenna(m): 8:24am On Jan 05, 2012
@all, some people here make me sick with there comments. How can you compare the price of petrol in uk, and ghana with nigeria. Uk and Ghana are able to pay for that amount because they don't use it to generate power in there homes. Ghana celebrated 10yrs of uninterupted power supply. These countries don't use petrol for biz, and @ home. If Nigeria can do that who will complain.
Re: How Boko Haram Made Money From Fuel Subsidy by okwabayi(m): 8:31pm On Nov 05, 2018
Mscheew. The misinformation is rife in the OP.
See him trying to form undercover agent with his ending speech.

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Beautiful photos of Lagos you will mistake for london / Insecurity: Police, Community Leaders Have Failed Nigeria, Says Buhari / Herdsmen Flee As Hunters Invade Fulani Camp In Sagamu (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.