Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,264 members, 7,839,336 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin (18467 Views)

Another Fuel Subsidy Removal Protester Killed In Kano / Another Occupy Nigeria Protester Killed In Gasau, Zamfara? / Saharareporters: Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin Now Identified (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by ronkebp(f): 7:27pm On Jan 03, 2012
Instead of him to attack the ''boko haram'' them, 'he' is attacking the masses because they are voicing out. God will so judge the leaders in that country, this year.
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by Sterz: 7:30pm On Jan 03, 2012
Why is it that in some states, the police are in support while in others, the police are being brunts? I'd say maybe because some governors, the really foolish suck-ups and hypocrites, are in support of their leader. This killing is absurd, appalling, and definitely uncalled for. And we really have to look into this.
like this page on FB--
Let'sOccupyNigeriaTogether-- http:///
MAw1ySj , like,comment and pass the link on,
please. You can also follow Me on twitter
@vicsterzz, Together let us fight this. This is a forum to publicise these shameful actions by the government, against its own people, just for fighting for their rights.
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by sexy74(m): 7:32pm On Jan 03, 2012
All I have to write are:
The policeman that fired the shot may all his generation die by gun shot and two weeks before he retires may he die of gun shot too. His children will always be cut off in their prime and peace would never be found in his home and that of his lineage.
The commissioner and any other officer involved in this would be killed by boko haram either in a bomb blast or shoot out.
Is it wrong for someone to protest against what he does not like or fight for a right?
I am sure the police man that fired the shot is useless even to his family members and so shall it continue to be till he dies by a gun shot.
May the soul of the young man rest in peace.
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by bankubanku76: 7:36pm On Jan 03, 2012
ajo ma teka jonathan a jo ma ,
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by Switup: 7:37pm On Jan 03, 2012
Wheather its a recent picture or not, I am

S.P.E.E.C.H.L.E.S.S
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by Kilode1: 7:41pm On Jan 03, 2012
If people want to view these protests as a regional thing, then the organizers better add demands for a Sovereign National Conference to the top of their list.

We cannot sustain the fight over this crippling economic policy if people are going to base their participation on purely Tribal, Ethnic or regional and religious affiliations.

The owners of Nigeria are wishing that we will turn this onto a region vs region thing so they can continue the looting
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by Haywire99(m): 7:49pm On Jan 03, 2012
Don't get kill,bcost if u die nobody will cry for u ooooo.life continue,
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by jesse00: 7:51pm On Jan 03, 2012
too bad for our country
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by dayokanu(m): 7:54pm On Jan 03, 2012
Na wa oo

Is this the fresh air they promised us?
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by sizzlers(m): 7:58pm On Jan 03, 2012
where the pic dey?
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by Sirniyeh(m): 8:06pm On Jan 03, 2012
To live long has no any abracadabra secret than to observe the law of cause and effect. I posted in one of the threads yesterday that protesting is senseless. It's a foolish act for a poor man to see goodness in protesting for shadow instead to get engaged in thorough mental permutation to eradicate the poverty level in his life. Will the protest reverse fuel price? Dont let us decieve oursellves. OBJ increased fuel from N35 to N70 and nothing was done by labour until Yaharaduah removed N5. Please, I still mean it, shun protest. Engage your mind in creative things that will make you enviable financially.
Even when I posted "2012 prophecy: a call for revolution", people make jest of it. Well, watchout,
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by Ike789: 8:08pm On Jan 03, 2012
does anyone know any creditable source where it can authenticate if the story is real in terms of anyone got killed or not, any pics, videos.
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by Osama10(m): 8:12pm On Jan 03, 2012
What a Police Farce we have who are only brave against the defenseless.
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by wewe1(m): 8:16pm On Jan 03, 2012
Ike789:

does anyone know any creditable source where it can authenticate if the story is real in terms of anyone got killed or not, any pics, videos.  

I just heard on AIT NEWS right now. It is true. May God help us.
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by Ike789: 8:20pm On Jan 03, 2012
SO AIT News confirmed that somebody did died because of this? any link to stories i can read.thx
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jan 03, 2012
It's also on Al Jazeera, BBC, and CNN. One protester was killed in Ilorin and that is coming from the protesters in Ilorin, the source of information for the aforementioned news broadcasting stations. Fact. Whether that's his picture or not doesn't even matter.

This will make the Occupy Nigeria movement stronger. We wanted peaceful demonstrations and they have showed themselves. Seyi Bolaji is a martyr and his death will not be that in vain.
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by promire2004(f): 8:25pm On Jan 03, 2012
i just heard it 4rm AIT news dat during d tussle between d protesters and d police, 1 person was shot dead, they however added dat d news is 4rm an unconfirmed source. So, i think d poster is right wit d post!
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by OmoTier1(m): 8:31pm On Jan 03, 2012
promire2004:

i just heard it 4rm AIT news dat during d tussle between d protesters and d police, 1 person was shot dead, they however added dat d news is 4rm an unconfirmed source. So, i think d poster is right wit d post!
Guys, we do not post unverified NEWS on here. The picture is authentic, there is a recorded video which we would not be releasing yet. He was murdered by the Goodluck Jonathan and He will forever be addressed as a President who murdered His fellow citizens!

ogugua88:

It's also on Al Jazeera, BBC, and CNN. One protester was killed in Ilorin and that is coming from the protesters in Ilorin, the source of information for the aforementioned news broadcasting stations. Fact. Whether that's his picture or not doesn't even matter.

This will make the Occupy Nigeria movement stronger. We wanted peaceful demonstrations and they have showed themselves. Seyi Bolaji is a martyr and his death will not be that in vain.
Could you confirm that the name of this Martyr is actually Seyi Bolaji? We have been trying to verify His full identity on ground with names, family relatives en co.

God will never allow His blood to be drained on the streets for nothing! Tomorrow is another day of Protest, Hopefully more nigerians will turn up to fight this injustice
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jan 03, 2012
Omo_Tier1:
Could you confirm that the name of this Martyr is actually Seyi Bolaji? We have been trying to verify His full identity on ground with names, family relatives en co.

God will never allow His blood to be drained on the streets for nothing! Tomorrow is another day of Protest, Hopefully more nigerians will turn up to fight this injustice

Japheth Omojuwa asked for his identity. People at the Ilorin protest tweeted "Seyi Bolaji". People can laugh at twitter sha, but that's the most up-to-date news source for anything Nigeria, since NTA wants to show representatives' daughters' weddings and traditional dancing in villages. Na the same twitter that brought this attention to the movement.
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by tollu: 8:37pm On Jan 03, 2012
Sirniyeh:

To live long has no any abracadabra secret than to observe the law of cause and effect. I posted in one of the threads yesterday that protesting is senseless. It's a foolish act for a poor man to see goodness in protesting for shadow instead to get engaged in thorough mental permutation to eradicate the poverty level in his life. Will the protest reverse fuel price? Dont let us decieve oursellves. OBJ increased fuel from N35 to N70 and nothing was done by labour until Yaharaduah removed N5. Please, I still mean it, shun protest. Engage your mind in creative things that will make you enviable financially.
Even when I posted "2012 prophecy: a call for revolution", people make jest of it. Well, watchout,

You sound selfish.
Get your head out of the sand and feel the vibes, this is not business as usual. Fine, things have been sidetracked in the past, no this time though because it appears Enough is finally Enough.
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by ratiken(m): 8:38pm On Jan 03, 2012
@Beaf and Hdrenic, may your souls forever rot in hell. May all the curses rained on Jonathan so far be your portion and that of your descendants. Evil Opportunists
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by Alfoasegh: 8:40pm On Jan 03, 2012
Very true, was on CHANNELS news a while ago.
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by tollu: 8:42pm On Jan 03, 2012
ogugua88:

Japheth Omojuwa asked for his identity. People at the Ilorin protest tweeted "Seyi Bolaji". People can laugh at twitter sha, but that's the most up-to-date news source for anything Nigeria, since NTA wants to show representatives' daughters' weddings and traditional dancing in villages. Na the same twitter that brought this attention to the movement.

Really, I thank God for Twitter. NTA showed some AkwaIbom crap for a long time today.
If we had to rely on the local media, we would all be in the dark. National and private stations inclusive.
The radio stations are doing a better job through phone-in programmes though.
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by Ike789: 8:42pm On Jan 03, 2012
so seyi bolaji is the name of the victim. do we know anyone else? who will be the most authentic source to verify this story.
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by OmoTier1(m): 8:42pm On Jan 03, 2012
ogugua88:

Thanks, we will continue to search. NTA is a disgrace, if only they were fully digital, they would have probably go off air by now  I did monitor most channels, even AIT, Channels tv were reporting belated news. Thank God for twitter, much of the whole world got near accurate picture of what was going on and where it was taking place.

Let's not be weigh down by the ridicule we may face from some nairalanders, history would remember those who stood at the side of truth and justice at the most difficult time!

London is 6th of January, 1pm, God's willing we will be there to draw the whole world's attention to the injustice going on in Nigeria and to let GEJ know that We Nigerians Resident in the UK, we are tired of his style of governance and We completely abhor His leadership approach! Nigerians deserve better, especially in the face of wantom spoil He has display since He took over that office.
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by ignis: 8:48pm On Jan 03, 2012
His blood is on GEJ
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by tollu: 8:49pm On Jan 03, 2012
Ike789:

so seyi bolaji is the name of the victim. do we know anyone else? who will be the most authentic source to verify this story. I am writing it for news

Are you some sort of reporter? If yes, don't you think Journalism should be more investigative?
It would be better for you to serve as a credible source. Don't be lazy.

If no, nor vex.
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by toyemz(f): 8:59pm On Jan 03, 2012
May his soul rest in peace

The shame of it all

The police force could not mobilise to deal with 'boko haram'
they are all strength and power to deal with armless protesters!
My joy knew no boundary when i heard that the boko harams were dealing with the Nigerian police
somehow that surge has died down
my prayer here,since the police have no shame on how to deal with a peaceful demonstration
may they receive many more bombings too
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by Ike789: 9:05pm On Jan 03, 2012
abeg make una no vex. so much information out there -- not sure what to believe was hoping someone could clarify for us --- wanted at least one credible source -the situation wey dey explode for there is incredible
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jan 03, 2012
Omo_Tier1:
Thanks, we will continue to search. NTA is a disgrace, if only they were fully digital, they would have probably go off air by now  I did monitor most channels, even AIT, Channels tv were reporting belated news. Thank God for twitter, much of the whole world got near accurate picture of what was going on and where it was taking place.

Let's not be weigh down by the ridicule we may face from some nairalanders, history would remember those who stood at the side of truth and justice at the most difficult time!

London is 6th of January, 1pm, God's willing we will be there to draw the whole world's attention to the injustice going on in Nigeria and to let GEJ know that We Nigerians Resident in the UK, we are tired of his style of governance and We completely abhor His leadership approach! Nigerians deserve better, especially in the face of wantom spoil He has display since He took over that office.

NTA News reported that Nigerian youths are accepting the removal of the fuel subsidy. We all know that's a bloody lie. Propaganda at its finest. I suggest NTA News should be boycotted immediately.

It's a shame, but twitter is what we have right now. I heard there's also a protest somewhere in Houston, Texas at 5:30pm tomorrow. Tired of his style of governance, his lack of governance, his inefficiency, and his unresponsiveness.

Nigerians must know that diaspora Nigerians are behind them 100%.
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by wowo2: 9:14pm On Jan 03, 2012
If we start protesting, striking etc and the police start detainng and shooting people, IMF and the West will denounce GEJ and he will be more confused.

What Nairalanders need to do is form a forum with a face or faces.
Contact Reuben Abati or someone close to GEJ to help us get an appointment with him.
At the meeting with GEJ, we tell him to return to 65 naira the cost of petrol
Fix and build more refineries.

I promise you he will tell us he will do as we wish (and he might) and to top it all, we will leave Aso rock with transport money.

GEJ has no idea, ; he will whatever anybody tells him to do without thinking it through, so long as the person approaches him with a smile.
Re: A Protester Killed By Police In Ilorin by cchioke: 9:16pm On Jan 03, 2012
when some none came out in the public to say he went to school with out shoes u guys dont know what it means?which suffer is more than that?and u people re here whinning mouth abeg make una go buy una fuel for 160 jare i no fit shout suffer na turn by turn

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Afenifere Attacks Buhari For Clearing SGF, Babachir Lawal Of Corruption / Fayemi Lacks Integrity To Say The Truth – Fayose / PDP Presidential Rally Latest Form Of MMM In Town, Say Arewa Youth Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.