Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,974 members, 7,825,039 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

What Type Of Lucrative Business Can One Start With #500,000 - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Type Of Lucrative Business Can One Start With #500,000 (72242 Views)

Top 19 Lucrative Business You Can Start In Nigeria With Less Money / Check The 101 List Of Lucrative Businesses You Can Do. / List Of Lucrative Businesses One Can Start In Nigeria Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Type Of Lucrative Business Can One Start With #500,000 by FEMARY1: 8:28pm On Jan 28, 2012
knowledge4:

Nigerians are not entrepreneurs.This is the problem. Always copy catting others' business concepts,jumping into any business because you think it will profit you too is not the way to do business.

An entrepreneur is an innovator who scans the market place to look for a need that is yet to be filled. when he identifies a need, he creates a solution to solve the problem created by the need. Or looks for an existing product to add value to.

Check the market. How can things be done better? For example, beans is sold in our markets exposed to dust which is not hygienic. The beans contain stones. Can you package beans in satchets and remove the stones and other chaff in it? This is adding value to an existing product.
Meat is sold openly in the market in a most unhygienic manner. What can you do to see it sold in a hygienic manner?

See waste all over the streets because there is no one to pick them from the residents. Set up a waste collection and disposal business in your locality and solve the problem for residents who will gladly pay for the service.

Very very good post.The best on this topic as far as am concern.

2 Likes

Re: What Type Of Lucrative Business Can One Start With #500,000 by solapopson(m): 2:08pm On Jan 30, 2012
Good you are asking before taking a leap. Business is not easy without good knowledge. I think a lot of people can testify to that having their fingers burnt. If you need the knowledge that will make you put your seed capital to good use, email me on empoweryourself@rocketmail.com and I will get an invitation card to you for a program titled Creating Your Own Economy its strictly by invitation. Wishing you the best in whatever decision you make. Cheers
Re: What Type Of Lucrative Business Can One Start With #500,000 by jahjohn349: 10:06am On Feb 06, 2012
some one said pure water business.is not possible to set up that factorywit 1million
Re: What Type Of Lucrative Business Can One Start With #500,000 by knowledge4(m): 5:48pm On Feb 06, 2012
Why do we overflog this issue of the types of lucrative businesses that can be done with a specific amount of money?
Too many of such threads abound on this forum.
There are no magic biz ideas anywhere!
All businesses are lucrative. In any business, you"ll find people who have become excelled in it and also many failures in the same line of business.
Business is about providing solutions. It is about organizing resources( men, money and materials) to achive a goal.
To make money, look for a problem or a need, get the solution and create a business to provide that solution. That is all.
Either online or offline business, find problems to solve and you will make money. People pay for solutions.
For example:
Problem: People need light in many parts of Nigeria due to poor supply from the national grid
Solution: Market alternatives such as solar products & candles. These products sell very well in different environments.

Problem: Many are too busy to clean their homes. Househelps are difficult to come by.
Solution: Set up a House cleaning business and provide the services they need or set up a recruitment agency to supply househelps.

Problem : There is a need for computer skills & online business training
Solution: Set up a school and train people computer literacy and online biz skills

Problem: Waste disposal is a huge problem because the government is failing in this area
Solution : Set up a waste disposal outfit.

Think. Find a problem, look for a solution, create a biz to provide the solution,you make money.

8 Likes

Re: What Type Of Lucrative Business Can One Start With #500,000 by novine(f): 11:23am On Mar 26, 2012
Become Etranzact PocketMoni Agent and earn N375,000 AND MORE

Pocketmoni can be used any where in Nigeria, Just have a phone that has
network, and you are good to go.

Pocketmoni enables users to perform alot of banking activities without
visiting the bank physically, from the comfort of their homes with their
mobile phone at any time of the day the customer can

1. buy recharge card(all networks and denominations) for self and also send
to a third party.

2. send money to another pocketmoni user

3. send to money to any mobile phone

4. send money to any bank account in Nigeria

5. Pay for DSTV,HITV,MYTV,TREND TV etc

6.Pay for Mtn,Airtel,Glo,Etisalat Postpaid.

7. Pay utility bill E.g PHCN

It can be used for alot of financial transactions.

Agents get 25% of N150 monthly fee paid by customers.

25% of 150 = 37.5. So if you register,

1000 = 37,500
10,000 =375,000
100,000 =3,750,000
1,000,000 =37,500,000

Also Agents makes money through Selling of mobile money cards, which is
attached to the pocketmoni application on their phone,to enable them draw
physical cash when they need it, You get the cards for N500 and sell for
N600, that is N100 gain.

10 = 1000
100 = 10,000
1000 =10,000

Also you make N2,000 for refering other I agent.

Refer 10 AGENTS = N20,000

100 AGENTS = N200,000
Re: What Type Of Lucrative Business Can One Start With #500,000 by adultiph: 9:04am On Jun 15, 2012
You are right bro.
knowledge4: Why do we overflog this issue of the types of lucrative businesses that can be done with a specific amount of money?
Too many of such threads abound on this forum.
There are no magic biz ideas anywhere!
All businesses are lucrative. In any business, you"ll find people who have become excelled in it and also many failures in the same line of business.
Business is about providing solutions. It is about organizing resources( men, money and materials) to achive a goal.
To make money, look for a problem or a need, get the solution and create a business to provide that solution. That is all.
Either online or offline business, find problems to solve and you will make money. People pay for solutions.
For example:
Problem: People need light in many parts of Nigeria due to poor supply from the national grid
Solution: Market alternatives such as solar products & candles. These products sell very well in different environments.

Problem: Many are too busy to clean their homes. Househelps are difficult to come by.
Solution: Set up a House cleaning business and provide the services they need or set up a recruitment agency to supply househelps.

Problem : There is a need for computer skills & online business training
Solution: Set up a school and train people computer literacy and online biz skills

Problem: Waste disposal is a huge problem because the government is failing in this area
Solution : Set up a waste disposal outfit.

Think. Find a problem, look for a solution, create a biz to provide the solution,you make money.
Re: What Type Of Lucrative Business Can One Start With #500,000 by adultiph: 9:05am On Jun 15, 2012
How will some one enroll as the agent
novine: Become Etranzact PocketMoni Agent and earn N250,000 AND MORE

Pocketmoni can be used any where in Nigeria, Just have a phone that has
network, and you are good to go.

Pocketmoni enables users to perform alot of banking activities without
visiting the bank physically, from the comfort of their homes with their
mobile phone at any time of the day the customer can

1. buy recharge card(all networks and denominations) for self and also send
to a third party.

2. send money to another pocketmoni user

3. send to money to any mobile phone

4. send money to any bank account in Nigeria

5. Pay for DSTV,HITV,MYTV,TREND TV etc

6.Pay for Mtn,Airtel,Glo,Etisalat Postpaid.

7. Pay utility bill E.g PHCN

It can be used for alot of financial transactions.

Agents get 25% of N150 monthly fee paid by customers.

25% of 150 = 37.5. So if you register,

1000 = 37,500
10,000 =375,000
100,000 =3,750,000
1,000,000 =37,500,000

Also Agents makes money through Selling of mobile money cards, which is
attached to the pocketmoni application on their phone,to enable them draw
physical cash when they need it, You get the cards for N500 and sell for
N600, that is N100 gain.

10 = 1000
100 = 10,000
1000 =10,000
Re: What Type Of Lucrative Business Can One Start With #500,000 by Thethy(m): 7:05am On Jun 16, 2012
Re: What Type Of Lucrative Business Can One Start With #500,000 by Thethy(m): 7:07am On Jun 16, 2012
Re: What Type Of Lucrative Business Can One Start With #500,000 by Masterseg: 6:16pm On Jun 17, 2012
Can you come into Gold biz,I mean raw Gold,not a childish biz,for more info call +2347032355156
Re: What Type Of Lucrative Business Can One Start With #500,000 by maryswags: 8:23am On Jul 19, 2012
idowumust: Well, there many business you can do to make money.
I am a forex trader and international stock trader for almost 5 years now of which am successful on it. If you dont mind.
If you invest 500, 000, you will make a good turnover over a period of months.
I can give you a special coaching and at the end of the day , you will have cause to laugh.
Meanwhile if you invest with me , you are getting a double of your capital in 6 months. (which means if with your 500,000, yo are getting retun of 480,000 in the next 6 months).
If need any inquiry, contact AMINHALZA INVESTMENT LIMITED,
CONTACT NUMBER: 08033025817, 08023227213
E-MAIL ADDRESS: idowumust2004@yahoo.com

And if u run away, he gets 0.00 naira and 0 percent returns I presume! Rubbish!
Re: What Type Of Lucrative Business Can One Start With #500,000 by maryswags: 8:29am On Jul 19, 2012
idowumust: Well, there many business you can do to make money.
I am a forex trader and international stock trader for almost 5 years now of which am successful on it. If you dont mind.
If you invest 500, 000, you will make a good turnover over a period of months.
I can give you a special coaching and at the end of the day , you will have cause to laugh.
Meanwhile if you invest with me , you are getting a double of your capital in 6 months. (which means if with your 500,000, yo are getting retun of 480,000 in the next 6 months).
If need any inquiry, contact AMINHALZA INVESTMENT LIMITED,
CONTACT NUMBER: 08033025817, 08023227213
E-MAIL ADDRESS: idowumust2004@yahoo.com
Re: What Type Of Lucrative Business Can One Start With #500,000 by saritak102: 11:20am On Jul 19, 2012
Interesting.........
Re: What Type Of Lucrative Business Can One Start With #500,000 by ozilala: 11:33am On Jul 19, 2012
HELOW FELLOW NAIRALANDERS, THERE IS A DISTRIBUTION BUSINESS I RECOMMEND FOR BOTH THE YOUNG AND THE OLD. TODAY, THE BEST BUSINESS REMAIN MLM I.E. MLM IS THE 21ST CENTURY WAY OF DOING BUSINESS WORLDWIDE. IT HAS NO RISK ATTACHED. ALL YOU NEED IS DEDICATE YOUR TIME, BE FOCUS AND DON'T LET ANYBODY DISTRACT YOU. IT HAS BEEN PROVED TO BE THE FASTEST MAKERS OF MILLIONAIRE WORLDWIDE TODAY. FOR DETAIL CALL OR SMS 08185750182 OR 07030563629. THANK YOU.
Re: What Type Of Lucrative Business Can One Start With #500,000 by envoy1: 9:54am On Aug 20, 2012
don22: #500,000 IS ENOUGH MONEY TO START ANY BUSINESS OF YOUR CHOICE

With such an amount,
1. you can start recharge card printing business
2. you can go into importation of phone accessories like batteries, chargers etc
3. you can start custard productions
etc.

for more information and ideas or guidance on how to achieve this, pm me.

Please help me on how to start the phone and accessories importation.envoytrack@yahoo.com
Re: What Type Of Lucrative Business Can One Start With #500,000 by chris2000(m): 3:12pm On Aug 20, 2012
How to make money online in 40 different ways

Infolinks - Infolinks is probably the highest paying option for your in-text advertising. On DLM, you will see underlined links scattered throughout articles. Those are a function of Infolinks and without disclosing too much, it's been a great source of income. Best is that they accept all sizes of websites and blogs. Just sign up and begin.

Build a Niche Store - This is a simple store development platform which enables you to create content based sites that generate income through the eBay affiliate programs. Pretty darn simple and increasingly popular.

Adbrite - Sell space on your site for text ads. This would work like the DLM Marketplace you see on the right of my pages although I chose to manage it myself.

Amazon Affiliate Program - Easily create a store or shopping section on your site instead of sending your visitors to Amazon. Amazon handles the shopping cart and fulfillment.

Amazon Seller - Sell your stuff on Amazon

Associated Content - If you write a story, how-to, rant, how-to cut grass, etc., you can submit it to them and they will pay you $3-$20 per article if they like it.

Yahoo! Merchant Solutions - This is a pretty simple and cheap way to create an online store.

Azoogleads - Another ad program. They do have some decent companies lined up as advertisers. You provide space, they'll provide an ad.

BidVertiser - PPC (pay per click) program with a low $10 payout amount.

Blog - Start a blog and consistently write excellent content. With good ad placement, you may make some money. I detail my process here: Simply Said, How to Blog.

Cafepress - You provide a design, they'll toss it on a T-Shirt, Hat, etc. No upfront costs. Get a free online shop and promote your products on your website.

Chitika - Their eMiniMalls service has shown great results for many Bloggers and site owners. You choose a keyword and they show relevant products on your site using a pretty unique interface.

Clickbank - Quickly becoming my favorite affiliate program. They have thousands of things for you to advertise on your site.

ClicknWork - Get paid $5-$150 per hour for basically doing freelance work on a per-assignment basis. You have to pass a pretty tough test to get in.

Clicksor - These are the guys that generate contextual ads on sites that show up when you hover over a double-underlined word.

Commission Junction - If you have a site, you can join Commission Junction. Once enrolled for free, you can choose companies whose ads are pertinent to your site. Companies have the ultimate say on working with you. There are easily over 1,000 companies to choose from here.

CreamAid - For blogs only, advertisers provide you with a topic and you write about it on your site. To do this, you have to install a flash widget into your blog post. The more people you bring into the conversation through the widget, the more you get paid. It's difficult to explain.

eefoof - Think of it as YouTube + Flickr + Music. You add original content and they pay you based on the visitors you attract.

Ether - If you are an expert on something, Ether provides a way for people to pay you to talk about it in a one-on-one setting. If you want to charge $250/hr, that's fine. You have to do all the advertising so you should have a blog or site already established.

eBay- Come on, you know what this is. Gather your junk and sell it!

eBay Stores - If you have a real store and want to sell your stuff online, this is a decent option to get you started.

ELance - Name gives it away. Programmers, Codes, Web Designers, Writers, Editors, can look for freelance opportunities.

Feedvertising - This is an arm of Text Link Ads and is currently only good for Wordpress users. This does me no good currently, but as you can guess, they place ads in your feed(s).

Feedburner / Google - Not only are they the best place to house your feeds, they will also add ads to your feed and website. You get paid per impression and if you implement Google Adsense to your feed, you are paid per click.

Google Adsense - Come on, you don't need an explanation; these ads are all over the place. Google displays relevant ads based on your site's content

Google Adwords - Create simple text ads and choose keywords that determine when they are displayed. This is where the Adsense Content comes from. You do not need a site for this.

H3.com - Get paid to fill jobs. Commissions range from $50-$5,000. It all depends on how tough the job is to fill and how desperate the hiring company is. This is another one that's tough to explain.

Indeed.com - Add their job board to your site. They then post jobs based on the geographic location of visitors and the position types you pre-select. I tried it and I they continually report that I sent 0 visitors and I know that's not right. Nevertheless, I may have an isolated problem so they make the list.

InnerSell - If you have a customer that wants to buy something you cannot sell, you can sell the lead here.

Jigsaw - It's a pretty flaky model but if you have a Rolodex full of good contacts, you can sell them here. I can't make sense of it but it looks like you get $0.10 per profile.

LinkShare.com - If you have a site, you can join Linkshare. Once enrolled for free, you can choose companies whose ads are pertinent to your site. Companies have the ultimate say on working with you. Like Commission Junction, there are a ton of companies waiting to evaluate your site.

Microsoft Adcenter - Bid on keywords and Microsoft places your created ads then they are searched for. This is similar to Google Adwords. You do not need a site for this.

Overstock.com - Sell your stuff on Overstock.com

Pay Per Post - I don't agree with this model entirely but they have advertisers that will pay you to write about their products on your blog.

Pheedo - If you have an RSS feed, run it through Pheedo. Like Feedburner, they can include ads into your feed and if you really become large, advertisers will pay a premium for you to show their ads.

Shareasale.com - I've used them for a couple years for some banner advertising. They are similar to Commission Junction and Linkshare however they seem to have lower tiered companies with advertising offers.

Shoemoney - This is a blog that can teach you a ton on making money online. I've spent hours reading his old stuff.

Software Judge - They will pay you up to $50 to review software.

Text Link Ads - I have never made a dime here but I know people that have. You can earn by sending advertisers to them or by selling spots on your site. You must have a real site or blog to do this - nothing on a shared domain (i.e. /).

Vibrant Media - Don't bother unless your site has 500,000 page views of text based content a month. If you have that readership, these are the guys that display bubble box ads to underlined words on your site.

West Work At Home Agent - Not entirely online but this is worth a mention because it's won awards and is very legitimate. If you are an at-home Mom or free-lancer without work, you should check this out.
http://www.onlineinfomarketing.

3 Likes

Re: What Type Of Lucrative Business Can One Start With #500,000 by mickaykem: 3:20pm On Jan 18, 2013
For me , I want to say u should pray over and seek the face of the Lord on whichever business you eventually settled for.

2 Likes

Re: What Type Of Lucrative Business Can One Start With #500,000 by onasharon(m): 11:11am On Jan 31, 2013
Thanks for your patronage and your continuing interest in our Identity Card Printers.As an Authorized Partner You enjoy original purchase,free training,warranty.so what are you waiting for make a call now to speak with our sales call bayo on 08135586674
Re: What Type Of Lucrative Business Can One Start With #500,000 by AFOLABISUNKANMI(m): 1:45pm On Jan 31, 2013
Importation of Cheap and Lucrative products. Lets training You Face to Face www.seminar.importationguide.com/sp.htm
Re: What Type Of Lucrative Business Can One Start With #500,000 by Nobody: 2:12pm On Feb 28, 2013
vicholas: Good day to you all Nairalanders.The best and easiest business to invest with 500k is a CYBER CAFE. Cyber cafe is a lucrative business for a man or woman to invest on because money pumps in every hour.You can start the cyber cafe business with 10-15 system(computers)with UPS and get a good shop in a remote area.And also get a good generator that can power your systems,a scanner,printer and a photocopy machine.Get a comfortable seats,tables,and a reliable internet connectivity that has speed and stable E.G Izab(starcoms),Subranet,Mobitel etc. Lastly,install a good air conditioning system in other to keep the café in a cool temperature and keep safe the life span of the system. vicholasblue@gmail.com
At the rete with which internet phones are being pumped into the market I doubt if a cyber cafe would be around in the next few months as everyone is now browsing with phones.
Re: What Type Of Lucrative Business Can One Start With #500,000 by kingsleychile(m): 11:47am On Aug 04, 2013
we are among the best ice block machine manufactures base in lagos,office address,NO 7 mokoya street olodi apapa lagos,we manufacture ICE BLOCK MACHINES and FROZEN FOOD STORAGE,with super quality materials and are chemical free,CASH and CARRY,NO EXTRA CHARGES,1YEAR WARRANTY call or whatsAPP :08063748505,email:kingsleychileekpei@yahoo.com (YEAR 2017 price list) INSTALLMENTAL PAYMENTS MAY BE CONSIDERED

...12/15 HOURS..

50 BLOCKS #280,000
100 BLOCKS #550,000
200 BLOCKS #1,100,000

...7/10 HOURS..

25 BLOCKS #300,000
50 BLOCKS #380,000
100 BLOCKS #750,000

....4/5 HOURS...

25 BLOCKS #400,000
50 BLOCKS #800,000
100 BLOCKS #1,550,000

....2/3 HOURS.....

25 BLOCKS #900,000
50 BLOCKS #1,600,000
100 BLOCKS #2,500,000

1 YEAR WARRANTY

2 Likes

Re: What Type Of Lucrative Business Can One Start With #500,000 by kingsleychile(m): 11:48am On Aug 04, 2013
this post has been hidden
Re: What Type Of Lucrative Business Can One Start With #500,000 by kingsleychile(m): 11:49am On Aug 04, 2013
this post has been hidden
Re: What Type Of Lucrative Business Can One Start With #500,000 by seyiraji: 5:24pm On Oct 14, 2014
These are d biz i do and i enjoy them
1. Complete range of biz centre(photocopy, internet, typing, scanning, exam reg, training etc) as only only one service may not give the required capital for now.
2, projector rentals and sales
3, book sales and distribution
you will enjoy it
A friend is introducing plantain plantation to me, and he is making it.
call 08030522218 for more

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Type Of Lucrative Business Can One Start With #500,000 by cmonek(m): 1:45pm On Oct 15, 2014
onasharon:
PLASTIC IDENTITY CARD PRINTER AUTHORIZED RESELLER IN NIGERIA. ZEBRA SERIES RANGING FROM DUAL TO SINGLE SIDED CARD PRINTERS.
P420I
P430I
P120I
P640I
ZXP SERIES 3
ZXP SERIES 8
WE ALSO SELL ACESSORIES LIKE BLANK PVC CARD,RIBBONS,PRINTHEAD E.T.C FOR MORE INFO PLS CALL BAYO ON 08135586674 OR EMAIL:onadiran@gmail.com
this business sounds cool. Whats the price range for starting this printing of ID card business and sales of its accessories?? Am kinda interested. Thanks
Re: What Type Of Lucrative Business Can One Start With #500,000 by morewealth(m): 2:41pm On Oct 15, 2014
We are inspired by our quest to; on a continuos and ongoing basis provide basic support\professional services to small\medium scale enterprises and corporate organizations.

Interact with us at: www.frangipanianddolphin.

We help you abd your business make a difference.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fewa: Femi Otedola Celebrates His Only Son On His Birthday (Photo) / UBA Added N10 To Lady's N40 To Withdraw N52 For Card Maintenance / Fish Farming Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.