Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Didn't Threaten To Resign Over Subsidy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Didn't Threaten To Resign Over Subsidy (13546 Views)

CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note / Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity / Video-update: Policemen Protest In Lagos Over Subsidy Removal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Didn't Threaten To Resign Over Subsidy by Seun(m): 7:00pm On Jan 04, 2012
It is untrue that I have threatened to resign from serving my dear country. No one person is bigger than Nigeria. We will continue to work.
http://twitter.com/NOIweala/status/154613994714447873
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Didn't Threaten To Resign Over Subsidy by aljharem3: 7:03pm On Jan 04, 2012
No one is bigger than Nigerian but the FG told us that subsidy would be removed in april only for your team to give us the shocker of our lifes ?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Didn't Threaten To Resign Over Subsidy by efisher(m): 7:04pm On Jan 04, 2012
All the bad rumor peddlers; fire burn them!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Didn't Threaten To Resign Over Subsidy by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 7:06pm On Jan 04, 2012
Seun:

Oga Seun, we need your presence more in this section biko. Too many mad people. Tanks for the info.  grin cheesy wink
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Didn't Threaten To Resign Over Subsidy by victorazy(m): 7:07pm On Jan 04, 2012
Aunty Ngo I trust you, how can u resign. We don't run away when food is in our front "we people of Umuda Nsingwu of Ohuhu Umuahia" plz aunty I go come ur house during Ekpe day come chop kola nut as usual, Ndewo.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Didn't Threaten To Resign Over Subsidy by BIGERBOY1: 7:07pm On Jan 04, 2012
@least one thing is certain information travels fast, since the info was let loose and her swift response. We are rest assured that they know hear about all the curses heaped on them on social media
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Didn't Threaten To Resign Over Subsidy by jmaine: 7:08pm On Jan 04, 2012
swift and Interesting debunk . . .
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Didn't Threaten To Resign Over Subsidy by sheyguy: 7:08pm On Jan 04, 2012
She has been part of the scam all along, i am not surprised.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Didn't Threaten To Resign Over Subsidy by EPOMA(m): 7:09pm On Jan 04, 2012
Seun:

Seun

Oh , I can see you are around , is that why you the other topic that sehe threaten to resign, we are all here to say what we want and not being locked out Seun. Freedom of speech please.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Didn't Threaten To Resign Over Subsidy by alanbolo(m): 7:11pm On Jan 04, 2012
BIGER BOY:

@least one thing is certain information travels fast, since the info was let loose and her swift response. We are rest assured that they know hear about all the curses heaped on them on social media
True
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Didn't Threaten To Resign Over Subsidy by Odunnu: 7:13pm On Jan 04, 2012
Ngozi isnt a coward, that is what i'm sure of. She's with this all the way. She cant resign now.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Didn't Threaten To Resign Over Subsidy by Ufeolorun(m): 7:14pm On Jan 04, 2012
So quickly? Madam sad clown, your circus tent is about to come crashing down grin grin grin grin
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Didn't Threaten To Resign Over Subsidy by efisher(m): 7:14pm On Jan 04, 2012
I'm in love with Ngozi. By the time she's through with our economy, US citizens go begin line up for Nigerian passport. Carry go madam!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Didn't Threaten To Resign Over Subsidy by trimwis: 7:16pm On Jan 04, 2012
Ngozi is the Devil sent from IMF to destroy Nigeria i know they will give Nobel laureate this year for destroying Nigerian economy cry cry
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Didn't Threaten To Resign Over Subsidy by Arosa(m): 7:16pm On Jan 04, 2012
efisher:

I'm in love with Ngozi. By the time she's through with our economy, US citizens go begin line up for Nigerian passport. Carry go madam!

Man can dream o!  cool cool cool cool
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Didn't Threaten To Resign Over Subsidy by victorazy(m): 7:16pm On Jan 04, 2012
@alanbolo:
Even some of GEJ's facebook walls has been lucked bcuz ppl course be wan crash d internet.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Didn't Threaten To Resign Over Subsidy by aljharem3: 7:19pm On Jan 04, 2012
efisher:

This sir has to be one of the great jokes today

1. With no refinery ?

2. with no job ?

3. Increase of inflation but 250 % in ONE DAY !!!!!

4. Madueke buying 20, 000, 000, 000 Euro house in austria ?

5. 70 % of IGR is used to pay Senators and co ?

yes US citizens would truly be glad to live in Nigeria.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Didn't Threaten To Resign Over Subsidy by zebudaya(m): 7:20pm On Jan 04, 2012
Seun remove the other rumor mongering thread that falsely stated she's resigning. Then again, it's good for your business. The extra clicks.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Didn't Threaten To Resign Over Subsidy by jmaine: 7:24pm On Jan 04, 2012
zebudaya:

Seun remove the other rumor mongering thread that falsely stated she's resigning. [size=16pt]Then again, it's good for your business. The extra clicks. [/size]

grin
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Didn't Threaten To Resign Over Subsidy by benimeogu(f): 7:24pm On Jan 04, 2012
A
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Didn't Threaten To Resign Over Subsidy by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jan 04, 2012
alj_harem:

No one is bigger than Nigerian but the FG told us that subsidy would be removed in april only for your team to give us the shocker of our lifes ?

EEdiot you are the one who is spreading that rumor in the other tread even after quoting this same link, you must be i high class dummy grin
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Didn't Threaten To Resign Over Subsidy by 2mch(m): 7:28pm On Jan 04, 2012
benimeogu:

An Economist that fails to apply the concept of "multiplier effect" when formulating any public policy deserves to resign.
it means that, that economist is insensitive to the feelings and interests of the poor masses she is supposed to serve and protect.
Economic policy without common sense is equal to Mrs Iweala.
Please resign.

(((GBOA!))) You have just scattered all of them. grin cheesy
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Didn't Threaten To Resign Over Subsidy by talktrue1(m): 7:29pm On Jan 04, 2012
Ngozi is an Igbo woman.
She CANNOT resign from such a juicy position in a country like Nigeria
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Didn't Threaten To Resign Over Subsidy by EPOMA(m): 7:31pm On Jan 04, 2012
efisher:

Some MuMu and beaf come to this forum to post senseless post, go and ask china , singapore and dubia  what it takes for americans to go leaving in their country, china opens a power station  every month. since Goodluck came in, it is all in the air" we will do this , we will do that , MoU everywhere. what is on ground. Nothing. It is only in a rotten country like Nigeria that you can increase the price of fuel by over 100%., even common car get shock absorbers but your leaders did not think of the impact of the price increase on people and businesses. To rule Nigeria is not by force.I no go say much
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Didn't Threaten To Resign Over Subsidy by Odunnu: 7:34pm On Jan 04, 2012
efisher:

Gold digger!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Didn't Threaten To Resign Over Subsidy by EPOMA(m): 7:36pm On Jan 04, 2012
zebudaya:

Seun remove the other rumor mongering thread that falsely stated she's resigning. Then again, it's good for your business. The extra clicks.
The poster used "for real?" in their post which is to say they are not sure if it is true and they did not manufacture the rumor which is why she had to tweet for God sake
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Didn't Threaten To Resign Over Subsidy by BabaO2: 7:51pm On Jan 04, 2012
she should go, useless hype.
She has no understanding of Nigeria economy. Enough of brainwash, obviously she's performing IMF bid. What is Lagarde (IMF president) doing in Nigeria two weeks ago?.
Olodo oshi, reading and implementing oyinbos notebook.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Didn't Threaten To Resign Over Subsidy by expert555: 7:56pm On Jan 04, 2012
I knew the earlier posting about her treaths was a lie, there should be a better improved monderation on this forum in the past 4 weeks I have seen some juvenile and immature postings on this forum. I blame the moderator not the hoaxer. At the end of the day subsidy has to go, no country on earth that do not reform, either you carry-on the way you are and be dam or try something new and progressive. It is only GEJ presidency that can do it at this time because he doesn't need any vote as he will not be seeking re election than a president to come in the future that will be looking forward for re election thereby ducking the issues. So stop making the finance minister the scap goat. I'm not a fan of neither the president nor the finance I just wantU the best for the country. More so Buhari should stop whinging about the competency of GEJ, the election is over at this time no amount of whingeness is going to changed anything at least until 2015, some of his friends in this forum should tell the old general so. Everyone that loves this country should fall behind the president for sake of the country that is how is done all over democratic world.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Didn't Threaten To Resign Over Subsidy by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jan 04, 2012
benimeogu:

An Economist that fails to apply the concept of "multiplier effect" when formulating any public policy deserves to resign.
it means that, that economist is insensitive to the feelings and interests of the poor masses she is supposed to serve and protect.
Economic policy without common sense is equal to Mrs Iweala.
Please resign.

Do you even know what the multiplier effect denotes, when and how it takes place? People would be making use of economic jargon they have no idea what it actually means or how it is applied all in the name of sounding smart. Na wao.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Didn't Threaten To Resign Over Subsidy by Marlboro1: 8:02pm On Jan 04, 2012
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Didn't Threaten To Resign Over Subsidy
« #22 on: Today at 07:29:35 PM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ngozi is an Igbo woman.

You are such a fool. Did she not throw the same dam job back at OBJ when they tried to mess with her? The honorable lady is President of World Bank for crying out loud and is only here trying to help clean up the mess your people created. Igbos are smarter than you and your f@#*ing people. Ewu nwuru anwu!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Didn't Threaten To Resign Over Subsidy by 2mch(m): 8:04pm On Jan 04, 2012
Marlboro1:

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Didn't Threaten To Resign Over Subsidy
« #22 on: Today at 07:29:35 PM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ngozi is an Igbo woman.

You are such a fool. Did she not throw the same dam job back at OBJ when they tried to mess with her? The honorable lady is President of World Bank for crying out loud and is only here trying to help clean up the mess your people created. Igbos are smarter than you and your f@#*ing people. Ewu nwuru anwu!

Sharrap there! She ran away because OBJ is not as gullible as GEJ. He demoted her and out of shame she ran away. She cannot leave this job now because she will not find her job waiting for her at the World Bank.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Didn't Threaten To Resign Over Subsidy by aljharem3: 8:08pm On Jan 04, 2012
expert555:

I knew the earlier posting about her treaths was a lie, there should be a better improved monderation on this forum in the past 4 weeks I have seen some juvenile and immature postings on this forum. I blame the moderator not the hoaxer. At the end of the day subsidy has to go, no country on earth that do not reform, either you carry-on the way you are and be dam or try something new and progressive. It is only GEJ presidency that can do it at this time because he doesn't need any vote as he will not be seeking re election than a president to come in the future that will be looking forward for re election thereby ducking the issues. So stop making the finance minister the scap goat. I'm not a fan of neither the president nor the finance I just wantU the best for the country. More so Buhari should stop whinging about the competency of GEJ, the election is over at this time no amount of whingeness is going to changed anything at least until 2015, some of his friends in this forum should tell the old general so. Everyone that loves this country should fall behind the president for sake of the country that is how is done all over democratic world.

Can you get off the high horse and stop posting like a mo.ron (sorry to say). If you truly love this nation then you would be on the side of the masses not Mr President. There is no President in Nigeria history that has not gone through similar protest so stop thinking like a bigot and reason like a Nigerian. Buhari has not whined about anything. He simply told Jonathan to not remove the subsidy for NOW until the necessary infrastructures are in place to accommodate the increase in commodities alongside fuel.

If you are a true Nigerian and not beclouded by tribalism or such pettiness, you would see the reason why Millions of other Nigerians are protesting for and even dying for. We are not stu.pid neither are beclouded, the simple thing we are asking the FG to do was not done before the removal of the subsidy thus the FG has not done anything for Nigeria. This we can say we benefit nothing from the FG that is why we are protesting.

If a rumour or even a report is out about Iweala and she comes out to disclaim it what is wrong in that ? Why do you and others with no brains chose to talk about the rumour rather than the message ?

Or is there anything wrong in a report coming out and the person the report is about disclaiming it ? Why not grow up Ok !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Explosion Rock Church In Jos In Jos / No Foreign Pressure On President Buhari To Drop 2nd Term Bid – Presidency / INEC To Allow Atiku, PDP Inspect Material After Receiving Court Order

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.