Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,138 members, 7,821,890 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south (22605 Views)

Live PICS Of Protest Going On At IKEDC / Occupy Nigeria: Pictures Of Protest At World Bank Hq,Washington DC, Us / Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by aljharem3: 5:27pm On Jan 05, 2012
okada_man:

Mr.  I-Want-To-Split-The-Country-But-Amnesty-Dollars-No-Go-Gree-Me-Act  grin

You better just log out and go spend your amnesty dollars jejely grin grin grin

LOL grin grin grin grin grin but on a serious note, after this Protest become sucessful, we nigerians have to come together again to fight for Niger-delta precisely baleysa, rivers and delta states from the Oil companies.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by misse1(f): 5:28pm On Jan 05, 2012
This is rily Benin oo frm the pix posted.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by jason123: 5:31pm On Jan 05, 2012
@Dmainboss

My brother is married to an Edo woman and leaves in Edo (Benin city to be specific) and I have said it once on this forum. She said there is [color=#770077]serious protest in Benin
. Its on Vangruard(http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/protesters-take-over-benin-city/       http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/removal-of-fuel-subsidy-protesters-ground-benin-city/), Punch newspaper (http://www.punchng.com/news/protests-enter-fourth-day/) etc.
Its also on AIT and LTV (since they have banned the other agencies from reporting it to the world)

It's even on Twitter (#occupybenin)

So Mister man, WHAT THE FUC.K ARE YOU ON ABOUT?
[/color]

As for me, I'll reserve my comment for now. cool
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by misse1(f): 5:36pm On Jan 05, 2012
I juz spoke wit my folks in Benin. The protest is real
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by jason123: 5:39pm On Jan 05, 2012
http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-726539?on.cnn=1

As part of the on-going protest on the removal of oil subsidy in Nigeria,civil society and other groups came out en mass this morning around Oba Ovoramen square in Benin-city,Edo state to register their anger against government decision to remove the subsidy.Coaliation to save Nigeria (CSN) says that they will continue to come out until government listen to their demand,Okada (commercial motor cyclist)riders where on hand to entertain members of the public too.It was a very peaceful protest and amongst those who where there to register their anger are Dr.Ugbodaga(chairman NMA),Mr Kadiri(Vice chairman N.L.C Bnin chapter),Chima Williams (ERA),David Maduku(N.B.A PRO Benin chapter),Rev.David Ogoeor(ANEEJ),Comrade Idaevbor Bsllo(ASUU Ubiben chapter)

CNN PRODUCER NOTE obaroakpo, who is currently in Nigeria for the holidays, took these photos today at King's Square. He said there were thousands of protesters there from different backgrounds. 'I saw raw anger in the eyes of the protesters with regards to the increase in prices of good (and) services as a result of the subsidy removal,' he said. obaroakpo is not participating in the protest but says he is affected by the increases.
- ccostello3, CNN iReport produce
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by 2mch(m): 5:39pm On Jan 05, 2012
jason123:

@Dmainboss

My brother is married to an Edo woman and leaves in Edo (Benin city to be specific) and I have said it once on this forum. She said there is [color=#770077]serious protest in Benin
. Its on Vangruard(http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/protesters-take-over-benin-city/       http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/removal-of-fuel-subsidy-protesters-ground-benin-city/), Punch newspaper (http://www.punchng.com/news/protests-enter-fourth-day/) etc.
Its also on AIT and LTV (since they have banned the other agencies from reporting it to the world)

It's even on Twitter (#occupybenin)

So Mister man, WHAT THE FUC.K ARE YOU ON ABOUT?
[/color]

As for me, I'll reserve my comment for now. cool

Jason where have you been? Been expecting you here. Beaf has been losing his mind crying up and down NL. Anyway let me add to the SS protests news

You are here: Home / News / Ex-militants warn against clampdown on protesters
[size=18pt]Ex-militants warn against clampdown on protesters[/size]
January 5, 2012 by Emmanuel Addeh, Warri 26 Comments

[size=16pt]As tension continues to build over the removal of subsidy on fuel by the Federal Government, some ex-militants in the Niger Delta have threatened to regroup if there is excessive use of force on protesters.

The group also urged the Federal Government to, as a matter of urgency, commence the arrest and trial of all those listed by the senate as having been beneficiaries of the fuel subsidy or prepare for a full-blown battle.

The Niger Delta Revolution Force, one of the prominent groups in the region, called on President Goodluck Jonathan to direct the security forces to stop the killing and maiming of demonstrators all over the country or face reprisal.
[/size]

According to the leader of the group, Babatunde Omatseye, who spoke in Sapele on Wednesday, the ex-militants would no longer fold their arms and watch innocent Nigerians being felled by bullets bought with taxpayers’ money.

He said, “We want to advice the law enforcement agencies to shun the use of force, capable of maiming or killing unarmed members of the civil society who were protesting across the nation.

“If the harassment of protesters over the recent removal of fuel subsidy and its concomitant hike in transportation fares do not stop, then the Federal Government risks a reprisal attack from this group.”

He vowed that that the ex-militants would reorganise to launch attacks on oil facilities across the Niger Delta as well as go after those who unjustly benefited from fuel subsidy, should government fail to direct the relevant law enforcement agencies to prosecute them.

Omatseye said the group, comprising over 1,400 former combatants, would no longer fold its hands and watch the nation being plunged into “irrecoverable abysmal economic quagmire,” and called on the Federal Government to restore to status-quo, the price of fuel across the nation.

“We are considering the possibility of regrouping for an onslaught on oil facilities across the Niger Delta should President Jonathan fail to prosecute the beneficiaries of the fuel subsidy and revert the present hike in price of fuel to N65 per litre’’ the ex-militant said.

He asserted that the removal of subsidy by the Federal Government had no positive impact on the lives of the people of the Niger Delta, saying it would only add to their suffering
http://www.punchng.com/news/ex-militants-warn-against-clampdown-on-protesters/
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by aljharem3: 5:41pm On Jan 05, 2012
More from edo

Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by kokoA(m): 5:42pm On Jan 05, 2012
Where is that fellow that said benin people will never protest ? mtcheeewww!
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by dayokanu(m): 5:44pm On Jan 05, 2012
Kudos to our SS people from Benin
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by okadaman2: 5:44pm On Jan 05, 2012
alj_harem:

LOL grin grin grin grin grin but on a serious note, after this Protest become sucessful, we nigerians have to come together again to fight for Niger-delta precisely baleysa, rivers and delta states from the Oil companies.

I totally agree.

The Niger Delta is one of the most marginalized places in Nigeria, probably on earth. . and that is saying a lot because most of Nigeria outside of the corridors of power is marginalized.

What we need to constantly guard against are the few sellouts in the ND hiding under the canopy of Amnesty, gangs, Pseudo-militancy and "Oil bunkering" dollars while the rest of their people suffer. Yes, They have equivalents in all regions too.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by jason123: 5:45pm On Jan 05, 2012
2mch:

Jason where have you been? Been expecting you here. Beaf has been losing his mind crying up and down NL. Anyway let me add to the SS protests news

I have been around, thanks for the look out.
Bros, I'll reserve my comments for now because its a two way thing. GEJ is RIGHT to remove the subsidise ( although I warned Beaf and co that there would be a serious out cry if he does that) but WRONG with the timing. My stance will be made clear once all the info is out.

However, the attempt to regionalize or tribalize this issue will certainly back-fire. Poverty does not know a Tuoyo or an Okoro or Musa.

That's all I have to say.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by jason123: 5:47pm On Jan 05, 2012
okada_man:

I totally agree.

The Niger Delta is one of the most marginalized places in Nigeria, probably on earth. . and that is saying a lot because most of Nigeria outside of the corridors of power is marginalized.

What we need to constantly guard against are the few sellouts in the ND hiding under the canopy of Amnesty, gangs, Pseudo-militancy and "Oil bunkering" dollars while the rest of their people suffer. Yes, They have equivalents in all regions too.

That is obvious and that is why the attempt to tribalise the issue will fail.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by jpphilips(m): 5:48pm On Jan 05, 2012
How many of you have researched on this subsidy issue before taking a stand?There are more misnomers than facts surrounding this subsidy brouhaha.First, the Govt said the economy will collapse, ridiculous indeedsecondly, the Govt said oil importers are a 'cabal', nearly fell off my seat.Fellow Nigerians, there are no cabals, in 2009 the scarcity of petroleum products became intense and the Govt admitted that Nnpc through its subsidiary PPMC has failed Nigerians by their inability to meet up with the supply of pet. Products and that phenomenon gave rise to licensing of some people to 'assist' the Nnpc in doing their job for which they are paid for.Please don't forget that hitherto, Nnpc has been doing the importation and refining themselves before corruption eroded their common sense.These importers went abroad and came back with a price Nnpc is already aware of comprising of logistics, storage and administrative costs, these were quantified before they arrived at a price.The FG now fixed a price tag of 65naira on Pms and agreed to be reimbursing the importers the balance not oblivious of the fact that the landing cost is higher than the stipulated priceTo my greatest chagrin, the Jonathan’s administration woke up and termed them 'cabals' who are fleecing the nation.Assuming Ruben Abiati goes abroad to buy a TM underwear for 1k and decides to sell it 1.5k adding purchase price  plus logistics plus profit and the Govt tells him to sell at 900 naira, wont he ask for the 600naira balance?  When the incompetent NNPC agrees to reimburse him, then he has become a cabal stealing from the GOvt?Are we this docile? If Nnpc lived up to their responsibility, we won’t have need for the importers in the first place.There is no doubt that the subsidy regime is met with corrupt practices, is it not the responsibility of the govt to clamp down on those malfeasance?The only solution that came to the minds of this disgruntled PDP administration is to remove subsidy into-to not minding its inflationary consequences.This is the si1liest approach any human being with brain if they have one can summon. Thirdly,Jonathan insulted the intelligence of Nigerians telling us  that we don't benefit from this subsidy except for the importers and he had the unbridled temerity to be advertising it on NTA saying the rich are getting richer.This people are demons. When Ruben abiati's mother goes to the market to buy vegetable at a price, does he not know that the seller included cost of transportation to that price?So when the transporter buys PMS @ 65naira and fixes his price based on that, he says his mother did not benefit from the subsidy that guaranteed the price in the first place?
In  generator driven economy like ours?It is either Ruben Abiati and his employers are drunks or they think that Nigerians are m0rons.I feel sorry for people that think that competition will crash the deregulated price erroneously juxtaposing it with GSM.Do you know that the price of crude being the raw material for refined pet. Products are sold at the same price in the whole world?If you agree to this, then, even if you deregulate and license 5million importers the product will still be expensive because crude itself is expensive. You will still need to subsidize it to 65naira. Exactly why deregulation of diesel in part did not work.The only reason you have not bought diesel @ 200naira is because there are so many illegal refineries who bunker crude, settle JTF and refine diesel at a lower price.This people still pose a great threat to the importers who buy at a higher price that is why you get diesel @ 140naira elsewhere but in the delta i buy as low as 70naira.At this verge you will not over rule the fact that these unscrupulous elements contribute to the availability of diesel, if you are in doubt, anywhere you see cheap diesel, ask the dealer the source of his consignmentIf he is honest he will tell you the truth, when i was told, i took an hr 20mins boat ride to a remote village in the delta between Belema and Kola communities and i saw the local refinery myself. I will post the pictures later.Conduct a chemical test on those cheap diesels if you are not convinced and you will realize a lot of additives are missing.Sounds incredible but those are the realities on ground.You now know why many importers in the delta hardly have diesel.I still feel sorry for those who think the Govt should build more refineries, that will not solve the problem either because there is no cheap crude to supply these refineries.The oil production of Nigeria stands at 2.37 million barrels of crude daily. Nigeria get this crude in a JV (joint venture) with IOC's (international oil companies) and the Nigeria's cut stand btw 55% to 60% of the lot, if we go by 60% thenThat gives a total of 1.4m barrels daily.If we average the crude price from 2009 till date, the price falls close to 100usd/bbl.In that case, Nigeria makes 140,000,000usd daily from this JV.Nigeria has a policy called DSO (domestic supply obligation) which mandates 250,000bbl/d of this crude to be refined and consumed locally,In monetary terms, the Nigerian govt is giving us 25,000,000usd worth of crude to refine.Our three refineries at optimum capacity utilizes 450,000bbl/d which gives 45,000,000usd in monetary terms in other words, the price of raw material in this case, crude, accrued to our refineries comes at 45m usd per day, if you add refining cost and profit of 6usd per bbl,The total cost becomes 270,000,000usd per day.There is no way you can refine that crude at that price and sell it 65naira/l and make profit.Meanwhile, once we mark out that 45m usd worth of crude for our refineries (assuming they are working at optimum capacity), the govt has already lost 45m usd from their 140m usd daily earnings (which will affect budget implementation) and after refining will still spend more money to subsidize it to 65naira/lWith this analogy, you will agree with me that if all our refineries are working optimally, the govt will spend 3times our present day subsidy to bring the pump price down to 65naira/l.So, for those of you clamoring for refineries should be careful what you wish for because there is no cheap crude for you to refine.I have argued abinitio that the sales of other derivatives of crude will bring down the cost of most sort PMS,DPK etc but after doing some feasibility studies, i realized i was dead wrong.I further argued that to make cheaper crude available for our refineries, the Govt should reduce the price at which it is supplied unfortunately, the senate mandated the then GMD of Nnpc that the DSO must be sold at international crude price.This i believe was proposed for the following reasons:1 the refineries are working below capacity so what the heck does Nnpc use the crude for?2, there is a benchmark on crude price for budget implementation.With these reasons, any existing or yet to exist refinery in Nigeria will get crude at a high price and must need subsidy to sell at 65naira/l, at this cross road, the then GMD of Nnpc decided that all crude should be exported and subsidy be paid on imported products.Guess he was left with no choice.At this verge, i must reiterate here that competition amongst importers will only crash the profit margin but not cost price.Even if every Nigerian becomes an importer of pet. Prods, we can never change the fact that crude in the int l market is already expensive before thinking of refined prod. So we must need subsidy to make profit.Before this issue of subsidizing petroleum products can be addressed,You must have the following at the back of your minds:1, Nigeria pegs a benchmark on crude prices to enable it implement budget. This stands at 75usd/bbl. And this crude is sort from the JV.2, if crude price exceed the benchmark above, Nigeria makes excess crude revenue (ECR)3, conversely, if we make excess crude revenue, the price of subsidy on refined products shoot up.With the above analogy,
One can argue that the ECR be used to subsidize imported petroleum products since both are a function of each other unfortunately in Nigeria, it comes with its own challenges.By law, the constitution clearly states that all revenue accrued to the FG be shared amongst the three tiers of Govt.This alone makes it illegal for the FG to keep the ECR to itself for whatever reason.This is where the wahala started, during GEJ's campaign, he astronomically increased workers salary without consulting the state Governors,most Governors have refused to pay on the grounds that they cannot afford it. On that grounds Taraba, jigawa and some other states have a genuine case.With the above development, the states started scrambling for funds and remembered the ECR and insisted it must be shared to enable them pay the new wage and develop infrastructures.The FG had no choice but to capitulateWith this development, the FG is left with little or no choice.The way forward:In the short run:While the FG is consulting, they must consider these options,1,  identify and tackle the corruption prevalent in the subsidy regime. That will push down the cost of the subsidy in the first place.Like i said in April, no matter how sincere GEJ think his administration is, he cannot make any reasonable progress in the face of corruption,2, the power projects must come upstream before removing subsidy, this will reduce the demand on pet. Products to a very great extent.3, Nigeria must accommodate Gas export, port duties and other forms of revenue in their budget implementation policies.4,  Govt must never invest an extra kobo in our moribund refineries, by doing otherwise, the cost price of the refineries will rise to an extent that it will no longer be attractive to investors or will prolong their repayment plan.Thereby making it very capital intensive.5, Instead of deceiving Nigerians with their cabal bullshit and deluding them that they don't benefit from this subsidy, the FG should channel that propaganda with intense lobbying to the senate,NLC and civil society organizations to stop the state governors from demanding for the ECR, this can be achieved by the FG asking the state to pay whatever increment they can afford for the workers that way the ECR will be used for subsidizing pet. Products.In the long run:Nigeria must seek local production capacity.It is no longer news that Nnpc and its subsidiaries have failed woefully in meeting the needs of the Nigerian people.Nnpc through its subsidiary Npdc and Ngc are saddled with the responsibility of the above for oil and gas production respectively, but as i write, the current production of NPDC stands at a paltry 90,000bbl/day which is a huge failure for an agency set up 23yrs ago,The IOC's has made us believe that it will cost less than 12usd to extract 1bbl of our oil. The Management of NPDC must be reshuffled and if possible experts brought in on contract basis to improve NPDC's productionThese experts must be placed on targets appraised by milestones. in ogoni land for instance, Anglo dutch has a lot of abandoned production facilities and marginal wells and others scattered all over the country, these can be bought by NPDC with the money FG want to waste on refineries to improve production,If NPDC can extract oil at 12usd/bbl and make a little profit, with this cheap oil available, Nigeria will have no reason going to the JV. This cheap crude will attract investors to build refineries and create jobs,A 250,000bbl/d refinery will cost a little above 5b usd, dangote alone can afford two of those only if NPDC can guarantee cheap oil. This is why no investor is coming to build refineries.A crude price of 18usd/bbl from NPDC will guarantee pump price of less than 22naira per litre of pms from these refineries.With this plan,By the end of this Administration, NPDC will have robust production capacity and the refineries will guarantee steady refined products.These refineries shouldn't be operated by the Govt for any reason.The FG will generate revenue from both ends, export of crude and export refined products and the production of NPDC must be increasing periodically.Once the above takes effect, there won’t be any need to be paying subsidy because pump price will be around 23naira/l and inflation will reduce by 40‰.Now how competent is Allison Madueke and iweala if they can’t figure this out?  To think of removing subsidy at this stage where there is no electricity and high corruption rate will be tantamount to economic suicide. Please if the both of you want a trial and error approach to economic solutions please try the next country or preferably Haiti.What iweala forgot is that in the face of inflation the cost of running Govt projects will be high, All Govt contractors will definitely come back for contract variations or Abandon those projects.As a sound economist, she should tell Nigerians the value of 1.3 trillion naira ( she intends to save on subsidy removal) in the face of 60% inflation and how many projects Nigerians will benefit from the subsidy removal.If you remove subsidy and the money disappears, then it is a NO NO for Nigerians
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by okadaman2: 5:49pm On Jan 05, 2012
From twitter:

@MoFame_: Hahahaahaha a protester just asked me "bros dem nor go allow us shoot gun small?" Lol #benin #occupynigeria

lol
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by chelseabmw(m): 5:51pm On Jan 05, 2012
dmainboss:

[size=18pt]You are posting st.upi.d fake pics. That is not from a today protest in Benin. I grew up in Benin. tell me who is leading the protest? Is it students? Is it market women? Is it ACN party people. Is it who? If they carried a coffin. who sponsored it? You think you are talking to children? You just look for fake pics from google images and post them here. You are too dishonest. Oshimole is in full support of fuel subsidy removal so ACn is definitely not going to protest. Who will then protest and go as far as sponsoring the use of a coffin and buying one? Is it civill society groups? because I cant see any of them in your pics. Even if you are right for fighting against fuel subsidy removal, you shouldnt spread false information to butress your point. We can only join real struggle, not lies like yours. It is the likes of you that are spreading rumours and propaganda that iweala wants to resign and Abati has resigned and all that crap. You are not helping the fight. You are destroying it.

And for the records, WE WANT NIGERIA SPLIT, NOT SUBSIDY FOR PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO PRODUCE NOTHING![/size]

CAN U SHUT THE HELL UP. . , U GREW UP IN BENIN MEANS U R IN BENIN? SOMETIMES U GUYS JUST TEND TO SHOW URSELF. . . .AM HERE RIGHT NOW AT RING ROAD AND THIS PLACE IS LIKE A OLD TRAFFORD STADUIM FILLED WITH CROWD. . . . PLS GET UR FACTS RIGHT BEFORE U KEEP FOLLING URSELF HERE. . . I TIRE FOR U OO
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by okadaman2: 5:51pm On Jan 05, 2012
jason123:

That is obvious and that is why the attempt to tribalise the issue will fail.

It must fail, else the consequences will be grave for us all. Burundi/Rwanda will be child's play.  . .

Happy New year Jason.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by jason123: 5:56pm On Jan 05, 2012
okada_man:

It must fail, else the consequences will be grave for us all. Burundi/Rwanda will be child's play.  . .

Happy New year Jason.

Happy new year to you to Oga! Hope your okada business is not to affected by Our president.

Guys, we must understand that GEJ has OUR best interest at heart but the timing,the lack of confidence from the public and the failure to implement some policies led to what we are seeing today.

chelseabmw:

CAN U SHUT THE HELL UP. . , U GREW UP IN BENIN MEANS U R IN BENIN? SOMETIMES U GUYS JUST TEND TO SHOW URSELF. . . .AM HERE RIGHT NOW AT RING ROAD AND THIS PLACE IS LIKE A OLD TRAFFORD STADUIM FILLED WITH CROWD. . . . PLS GET your FACTS RIGHT BEFORE U KEEP FOLLING URSELF HERE. . . I TIRE FOR U OO

Hahaha . . . .
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by chelseabmw(m): 5:57pm On Jan 05, 2012
I love my people. . . .Edo people lets keep this moving
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by Alfoasegh: 6:12pm On Jan 05, 2012
chelseabmw:

I love my people. . . .Edo people lets keep this moving

Just a sneeze from Edo people and the nation is catching cold already! Lol

Edo State is truly The Heartbeat of Nigeria!!!
grin grin grin
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by okadaman2: 6:20pm On Jan 05, 2012
jason123:

Happy new year to you to Oga! Hope your okada business is not to affected by Our president.

Business is so so, my poor customers are now trekking, I feel sorry for them but I have new ones now; Those who previously rode their private cars to work now patronize me.

Guys, we must understand that GEJ has OUR best interest at heart but the timing,the lack of confidence from the public and the failure to implement some policies led to what we are seeing today.

GEJ is certainly not Nigeria's main problem, but he's not addressing the foundational issues.

clearly out of his depth. . .
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by chelseabmw(m): 6:24pm On Jan 05, 2012
Alfoasegh:

Just a sneeze from Edo people and the nation is catching cold already! Lol

Edo State is truly The Heartbeat of Nigeria!!!
grin grin grin

Yes Broda. . . . More to come tomorrow cheesy
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jan 05, 2012
chelseabmw:

CAN U SHUT THE HELL UP. . , U GREW UP IN BENIN MEANS U R IN BENIN? SOMETIMES U GUYS JUST TEND TO SHOW URSELF. . . .AM HERE RIGHT NOW AT RING ROAD AND THIS PLACE IS LIKE A OLD TRAFFORD STADUIM FILLED WITH CROWD. . . . PLS GET your FACTS RIGHT BEFORE U KEEP FOLLING URSELF HERE. . . I TIRE FOR U OO

You even get time replying the mumu. angry. maybe na beaf, who knows
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jan 05, 2012
Our folks in kwara and Edo state are representing.still waiting for the ibos to follow suit.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by juman(m): 6:41pm On Jan 05, 2012
One nigeria is waste of time
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by PHC4(m): 6:41pm On Jan 05, 2012
My annoyance is that it is impossible to meet BEAF physically. How I wish i can see him!
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by chelseabmw(m): 7:36pm On Jan 05, 2012
Βουκέφαλος:

You even get time replying the mumu. angry. maybe na beaf, who knows

i tire for the akpapkomaster
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by ifyalways(f): 8:13pm On Jan 05, 2012
LOL

Watching the Benin protest on Channels TV.Did anyone see that short Baba,the one that spoke on behalf of the protesters in pidgin?He said and I quote"after we don vote for him,his thank u is to turn and stab us @ the back?He say he want bring buses wey dey use diesel but how many buses he fit give each state?okada dey use diesel?abeg we wise pass all that "obubu yaya" wey he dey yarn".

They even carried a coffin!
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jan 05, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Our folks in kwara and Edo state are representing.still waiting for the ibos to follow suit.

You go wait tire. Fight your own battle and keep it moving. No one is forcing you to protest, it is your prerogative as it is theirs to sit it out.

Hypocrites. How many of you protested the islamic terrorists killings in the north. get the f**k outta here.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:02pm On Jan 05, 2012
[size=16pt]PRAISE BE TO LORD SHANGO!!!!!!!![/size]

Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jan 05, 2012
~Bluetooth:

What happened to lagos and other SW states?Arent they protesting or has their shameful lekki protest taught them a lesson and proven yet again their cowardise?You guys can keep on waiting for SE to protest,we will not.We are still waiting for all SW states to protest,at least you people claim to be the real progressives.You are looking for scapegoats for the impending failure of protest,perhaps you have found one in the form of some misguided youths in edo,that is if there is really protest in edo.
  As usual you SW guys are hiding while making the most noise and waiting for others to protest.If the protest works,you run out of hiding to claim credit but if as expected the protest fails,you already have some scape goats in edo.
  I thought you guys could do without SE.Pls come out of hiding and carry on with your protest.SE and SS are not interested.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by yiladogo: 11:03pm On Jan 05, 2012
I am happy my brothers from the south have joined the cause. All we're saying is the govt. should do this subsidy the right way.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by realchange: 11:06pm On Jan 05, 2012
edo state is not really "south south". nigeria is confused. why are people not protesting in all se plus rivers, akwa-ibom, bayelsa, cross rivers and even delta?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos Of Buhari & Other World Leaders At UN General Assembly / APC Government Already Covering Up Corruption Cases Like PDP – Falana / Gbajabiamila Was Convicted For Stealing $25,000 - Lere Olayinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.