Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,109 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

Covered Number Plates Banned In Lagos. No More Chief Of Your Village On Plates. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Covered Number Plates Banned In Lagos. No More Chief Of Your Village On Plates. (6778 Views)

Dino Melaye And His Cars' Number Plates / Boko Haram Attacks Village, Kills People, Burns Entire Village On Christmas / Boko Haram Attacks Borno Village On Horseback, Kills 68 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Covered Number Plates Banned In Lagos. No More Chief Of Your Village On Plates. by EkoIle1: 2:02pm On Jan 05, 2012
Use Of Covered Number Plates Banned In Lagos

…As State Security Council thanks Lagosians for co-operation

Jan 4, 2012 - The Lagos State Security Council on Wednesday thanked Lagosians for their co-operation and support through supply of useful information to security agencies during the yuletide even as it announced a ban on the use of vehicles with covered or without registered number plates.

Briefing newsmen after the State Security Council meeting presided over by Governor Babatunde Fashola (SAN), the Deputy Commissioner of Police, Mr. Tunde Sobulo said security agencies will no longer accept the situation where some people cover their numbers plates for reasons best known to them.

"We are not going to accept that again. We have seen some people putting Chief or whatever in the plate number. You can put your village or whatever you want to put on your windscreen, not on the space specified for your plate number".

"As we are leaving here now, we are sending signals to all the agencies including the Military, the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA), the Federal Road Safety Commission. We are going to start impounding those vehicles until they are properly registered. We will see the plate numbers and they will be fixed into the vehicles before we allow such vehicles to go", Mr Sobulo explained.

The Deputy Police Commissioner in charge of Operations, also thanked Lagosians for their cooperation and support for information made available during the Christmas and New Year period.

He said the information really assisted the Police in putting the security situation in the State under control thus making the agency succeed in the task.

On Tuesday's fuel subsidy protest in Lagos, Mr. Sobulo said the Police was very civil in handling the situation, adding "we are not against anybody protesting , it is their civic right, but when they are not considerate, the miscreants and hoodlums take over from them and they couldn't control them and that is what happened yesterday".

He reiterated that the Police did not manhandle anybody who was protesting genuinely, stating that: "in a situation where somebody brought tyres and fuel to create bonfire on the road, we will not be watching such acts. We have to arrest such a person and charge him appropriately charges and that is what happened yesterday".

"We are appealing to the leaders of the protesters to have a change of heart and manage their protests effectively well. Let them tell us where they are going to pass through so that we can provide security for them and corridor for other vehicles to pass while they are protesting".

"Yesterday, they blocked all the roads which was quite unfortunate. The situation was so bad that we had pregnant women, children crying in the vehicles because there was traffic hold-up everywhere. The evil minded ones were using the opportunity to rob people".

"They were entering BRT buses, snatching phones, taking off neck chains. What do you expect us to do, stand and be looking at them? We did make some arrests yesterday but we didn't have any unnecessary confrontation with those who were protesting genuinely", DCP Sobulo explained.

Also present at the briefing were the representative of the Nigeria Airforce Base Ikeja, Wing Commander G Oremosun (right), Director, State Security Service, Lagos, Mr. Achu Ben Olayi, Commander, 9 Brigade Ikeja, Brigadier-General Sanusi Nasiru Muazu and Executive Officer, NNS Beecroft, Navy Captain BJ Gbassa.

Re: Covered Number Plates Banned In Lagos. No More Chief Of Your Village On Plates. by freecocoa(f): 2:23pm On Jan 05, 2012
You this OP sef,why did you use"EZE" in your caption when article said "CHIEF"? You know what you are looking for and soon you'll get the real deal.
Re: Covered Number Plates Banned In Lagos. No More Chief Of Your Village On Plates. by EkoIle1: 2:30pm On Jan 05, 2012
freecocoa:

You this OP sef,why did you use"EZE" in your caption when article said "CHIEF"? You know what you are looking for and soon you'll get the real deal.

Stop jare.

We all know who and who dey run around Lagos with EZE ibo on their license plates and this is not the first time they are getting called out for that nonsense.

All they are saying is keep your local chieftancy title in your village.
Re: Covered Number Plates Banned In Lagos. No More Chief Of Your Village On Plates. by freecocoa(f): 2:37pm On Jan 05, 2012
Ehen I know you wella,now "ibo" don enter the matter,so you've never seen"OBA" or "Allafin"on any plate number before abi? Kai Eko lle change for your own good.
Re: Covered Number Plates Banned In Lagos. No More Chief Of Your Village On Plates. by EkoIle1: 2:42pm On Jan 05, 2012
freecocoa:

Ehen I know you wella,now "ibo" don enter the matter,so you've never seen"OBA" or "Allafin"on any plate number before abi? Kai Eko lle change for your own good.

Those are real approved plates straight from the licensing authorities that are not covered. They are talking about license plates with different numbers that are covered with with some other nonsense like eze ibo this and that.

Is Alaafin a Lagosian gan sef or you mean we know issue plates to Oyo folks too?
Re: Covered Number Plates Banned In Lagos. No More Chief Of Your Village On Plates. by freecocoa(f): 2:59pm On Jan 05, 2012
^
I can't seem to find where the article says you must reside in lagos or your license number must have been issued by the lagos state licensing board before that law can be enforced on you.
So the "Allafin" or people from OYO state don't come to lagos?
You are just seeking what-only-you-knows.
Re: Covered Number Plates Banned In Lagos. No More Chief Of Your Village On Plates. by EkoIle1: 3:17pm On Jan 05, 2012
freecocoa:

^
I can't seem to find where the article says you must reside in lagos or your license number must have been issued by the lagos state licensing board before that law can be enforced on you.
So the "Allafin" or people from OYO state don't come to lagos?
  You are just seeking what-only-you-knows.

Stop reasoning like a 2 year old, Alaafin is not a lagosian and his plates are not issued in Lagos state, it's obviously issued legally by another recognized authority in another state. He's free to ride around in Lagos state with his approved plates issued by his local authorities.

We are talking about what is legal and not legal so stop coming up with these elementary analogies.
Re: Covered Number Plates Banned In Lagos. No More Chief Of Your Village On Plates. by manny4life(m): 4:28pm On Jan 05, 2012
Freecocoa,

Please leave this argument for your own good.
Re: Covered Number Plates Banned In Lagos. No More Chief Of Your Village On Plates. by Pharoh: 5:13pm On Jan 05, 2012
^^

Thank you, no one that feels offended by this post should even contribute, it will die a natural death.
Re: Covered Number Plates Banned In Lagos. No More Chief Of Your Village On Plates. by freecocoa(f): 5:35pm On Jan 05, 2012
manny4life:

Freecocoa,

Please leave this argument for your own good.
we are not arguing na,I'm just asking simple questions bros,abi I can't comment on a thread again cos of tribal differences?hah!

Pharoh:

^^

Thank you, no one that feels offended by this post should even contribute, it will die a natural death.
Oga no one is offended(yet)atleast not me.

Eko Ile:

Stop reasoning like a 2 year old, Alaafin is not a lagosian and his plates are not issued in Lagos state, it's obviously issued legally by another recognized authority in another state. He's free to ride around in Lagos state with his approved plates issued by his local authorities.

We are talking about what is legal and not legal so stop coming up with these elementary analogies.

You don dey first cuss me now o,anyways,I'm not disputing that the allafin's license is or wasn't issued from somewhere not lagos,all I'm saying is,I thought they article meant they won't allow any plate number without a proper reg no regardless of anything. Where's the crime in what I said na? Okay maybe I didn't quite get the picture,you for just explain na,na wa for you o.

Btw "Allafin and Oba" was just to tease you,It doesn't mean I don't know what's up with those.
Re: Covered Number Plates Banned In Lagos. No More Chief Of Your Village On Plates. by aljharem3: 5:37pm On Jan 05, 2012
freecocoa:

we are not arguing na,I'm just asking simple questions bros,abi I can't comment on a thread again cos of tribal differences?hah!

You don dey first cuss me now o,anyways,I'm not disputing that the allafin's license is or wasn't issued from somewhere not lagos,all I'm saying is,I thought they article meant they won't allow any plate number without a proper reg no regardless of anything. Where's the crime in what I said na? Okay maybe I didn't quite get the picture,you for just explain na,na wa for you o.

Btw "Allafin and Oba" was just to tease you,It doesn't mean I don't know what's up with those.

freecocoa, just ignore this thread abeg sister. Please just ignore eko ile

If you notice people have ignored this thread since it was opened.

Fashola and tinubu too would soon get their own doze of Occupy Lagos. you watch

Biko nu nywanne kiss kiss
Re: Covered Number Plates Banned In Lagos. No More Chief Of Your Village On Plates. by freecocoa(f): 5:41pm On Jan 05, 2012
^
Aboki na,na ji abun de ka fadah.

*ignore mode activated*
Re: Covered Number Plates Banned In Lagos. No More Chief Of Your Village On Plates. by manny4life(m): 6:07pm On Jan 05, 2012
I tell you my sister, I know where this is heading; you get the drift, well, I know that you can handle hold your own so no worries grin grin grin grin
Re: Covered Number Plates Banned In Lagos. No More Chief Of Your Village On Plates. by freecocoa(f): 6:14pm On Jan 05, 2012
^
Badt guy,its called egbon(sense). grin cool let me migrate to another zone o jare. See ya on another thread.
Re: Covered Number Plates Banned In Lagos. No More Chief Of Your Village On Plates. by nku5: 6:28pm On Jan 05, 2012
freecocoa:

Freecocoa abeg ignore this comedy. the s.hit aint even funny
Re: Covered Number Plates Banned In Lagos. No More Chief Of Your Village On Plates. by freecocoa(f): 6:35pm On Jan 05, 2012
^
Already done that nwanne. cool
Re: Covered Number Plates Banned In Lagos. No More Chief Of Your Village On Plates. by isalegan2: 7:09pm On Jan 05, 2012
hehehehehe.  Freechocolate can't ignore squat!  She's a troublesome girl(?); Perfect match for the OP.  She'll be back. *I wonder what her new year resolution is*

Alaafin = King of Oyo
AllAfin = We are all Albinos.  grin tongue
Re: Covered Number Plates Banned In Lagos. No More Chief Of Your Village On Plates. by EkoIle1: 9:37pm On Jan 05, 2012
freecocoa:

You don dey first cuss me now o,anyways,I'm not disputing that the allafin's license is or wasn't issued from somewhere not lagos,all I'm saying is,I thought they article meant they won't allow any plate number without a proper reg no  regardless of anything. Where's the crime in what I said na? Okay maybe I didn't quite get the picture,you for just explain na,na wa for you o.

And where is the cuss?

I still don't understand what you are going on and on about. Is is the same tribal deceptions and ignorance or just inability to read and comprehend?

The article stated categorically what the state is banning as explained in black and white by white by the governor himself.

I 'll go ahead and quote/highlight it for you as a curtsey.

Briefing newsmen after the State Security Council meeting presided over by Governor Babatunde Fashola (SAN), the Deputy Commissioner of Police, Mr. Tunde Sobulo said security agencies will no longer accept the situation where some people cover their numbers plates for reasons best known to them.

Now, act like you know how to read and comprehend and stop the silly dumb act and ridiculousness and irrelevant analogies.
Re: Covered Number Plates Banned In Lagos. No More Chief Of Your Village On Plates. by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jan 05, 2012
ROTFLMAO @ the title.

LOL Eko Ile, you go kill pesin.

ROTFLMAO!! grin grin grin
Re: Covered Number Plates Banned In Lagos. No More Chief Of Your Village On Plates. by Rhino5dm: 9:49pm On Jan 05, 2012
Aburo, Bawoni? Se ko si wahala?

Ileke-IdI:

ROTFLMAO @ the title.

LOL Eko Ile, you go kill pesin.

ROTFLMAO!! grin grin grin
Re: Covered Number Plates Banned In Lagos. No More Chief Of Your Village On Plates. by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jan 05, 2012
Rhino.5dm:

Aburo, Bawoni? Se ko si wahala?

mo wa o. wahala ko si ninu odun tuntun yii. cheesy

Just having a laff here. Didnt even read the content, the title got me cracking up grin grin grin
Re: Covered Number Plates Banned In Lagos. No More Chief Of Your Village On Plates. by freecocoa(f): 10:06pm On Jan 05, 2012
isale_gan2:

hehehehehe.  Freechocolate can't ignore squat!  She's a troublesome girl(?); Perfect match for the OP.  She'll be back. *I wonder what her new year resolution is*

Alaafin = King of Oyo
AllAfin = We are all Albinos.  grin tongue
You this woman,leave me o,I'm the most gentle on nl,btw i resolved to get married this year so as to spend less time on nl.

@Eko lle,I forgive you for all the cuss I'm just coming back from church,btw everyone says "ignore" this thread has been "ignored since it was opened" doesn't that tell you something?so I won't waste further time on it.
Pretty soon only you go open thread and only you go reply sote seun go lock am,berra change, this is a new year o. Odaro. tongue
Re: Covered Number Plates Banned In Lagos. No More Chief Of Your Village On Plates. by EkoIle1: 2:06am On Jan 06, 2012
freecocoa:

@Eko lle,I forgive you for all the cuss I'm just coming back from church,btw everyone says "ignore" this thread has been "ignored since it was opened" doesn't that tell you something?so I won't waste further time on it.
Pretty soon only you go open thread and only you go reply sote seun go lock am,berra change, this is a new year o. Odaro. tongue

1. I get the same silly routine and surrender move every time when people like you ran out of even the silliest analogies to support your pointless argument so save that fake rubbish.

2. You entered this topic all by yourself as an adult (That's if you really are) so do you really need other people to tell you what t do like a freeking Clueless bingo with zero mind of his/her own?

lol @ Zombie doing follow follow,

You people are freeking too damn predictable. Common difference between illegality and legality you don't even know.

Bottom line, keep your village chieftancy title in your village.
Re: Covered Number Plates Banned In Lagos. No More Chief Of Your Village On Plates. by freecocoa(f): 7:21am On Jan 06, 2012
Buhahahahaha,somebody is fekxing chei. tongue tongue grin grin undecided
Re: Covered Number Plates Banned In Lagos. No More Chief Of Your Village On Plates. by sniperwolf(m): 10:57am On Jan 06, 2012
I be Ibo and I'm sick and tired of Ibo traditional rulers and titles and customized plate numbers
Re: Covered Number Plates Banned In Lagos. No More Chief Of Your Village On Plates. by freecocoa(f): 11:09am On Jan 06, 2012
^
If you really are igbo then I suggest you spell it the proper way. Thank you. tongue
Re: Covered Number Plates Banned In Lagos. No More Chief Of Your Village On Plates. by Okijajuju1(m): 11:29am On Jan 06, 2012
This thing is really sickening.

In the entire south its so common.

And even the scrap car sef that they put the darn thing on sef would piss you off worse.

If you want eze whatever on your plates, pay and get the official plates from the licensing office.

Good one Lagos
Re: Covered Number Plates Banned In Lagos. No More Chief Of Your Village On Plates. by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 11:56am On Jan 06, 2012
Nairalanders wont cease to amaze me.
Re: Covered Number Plates Banned In Lagos. No More Chief Of Your Village On Plates. by y2kaustin(m): 12:21pm On Jan 06, 2012
EZE Ndigo1 of Akaracha Kingdom, cheesy cheesy, igbos really freak me alot,just import one container load of gabage into the country, and thier DUMB mentality goes haywire they are mostly the offenders of this madness exhibited by any other tribes, oya make una start to dey shoot at sight cool cool i get odeshi tongue
Re: Covered Number Plates Banned In Lagos. No More Chief Of Your Village On Plates. by GWslim(f): 3:22pm On Jan 06, 2012
Good development
Re: Covered Number Plates Banned In Lagos. No More Chief Of Your Village On Plates. by lordimpaq(m): 3:50pm On Jan 06, 2012
you guys have already started tribalizing this thing already,

both yoruba and ibos are all guilty of the chieftancy-title-printing-on-plate-number thingy
Re: Covered Number Plates Banned In Lagos. No More Chief Of Your Village On Plates. by badesco(m): 4:07pm On Jan 06, 2012
It is a good development, but more needs to be done as regards the total enforcement of the law.
Many Lagosians have taken this covered plate number for granted for too long. it has to stop.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims / Igbos Are Criminals But Full List Of Nigeria Treasury Looters Will Shock You. / We Can’t Bequeath Chaos, Disunity To Future Generation – Abdulsalami

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.