Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,760 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

My Mum Has Been Away For 18years. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mum Has Been Away For 18years. (1961 Views)

Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum / His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" / I Fell Off My Mum's Back And I Am Scared My Man Could Die (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mum Has Been Away For 18years. by mamialolo(f): 10:24pm On Jan 05, 2012
my mum left when i was 3yrs and my younger bro was 18months old. she travelled to Israel in search of green pasture. i heard from a reliable source that she won't be coming back(she said she does not want to come back). i will graduating in June 2012, and Will be getting married soon. i really need Ur advice, what can i do or say to bring her back.
Re: My Mum Has Been Away For 18years. by IsabellaC: 10:53pm On Jan 05, 2012
Why dont you face reality? She is gone for 18 YEARS  shocked, surely she wont come back to live in Nigeria. Why should she, think about it! if you want her to attend your wedding, call and invite her?! I dont see any other option.

Within this 18 years, did she ever come back for a visit? If she cant attend your wedding, ask for the reasons (financial problems? missing papers?)
Re: My Mum Has Been Away For 18years. by mamialolo(f): 11:13pm On Jan 05, 2012
dat is not an excuse.
Re: My Mum Has Been Away For 18years. by mamialolo(f): 11:15pm On Jan 05, 2012
if not for anything at least for my younger bro she left when he was 18 month.
Re: My Mum Has Been Away For 18years. by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jan 05, 2012
Re: My Mum Has Been Away For 18years. by freecocoa(f): 12:14am On Jan 06, 2012
^
Seconded.
Re: My Mum Has Been Away For 18years. by dollya(f): 12:40am On Jan 06, 2012
y dont you find out the truth about ur mom from ur maternal grandparents or some of her old friends, i dont think a mother would abandon her kids witout a good reason. wish u luck
Re: My Mum Has Been Away For 18years. by Mayflowa(m): 1:37am On Jan 06, 2012
Let's get this clear: Have you been communicating with your mum? Or just heard stories of her sojourn. This is an important start for you in fnding out the truth! Be sure no one is posing to be ur mum in far away israel.

This rising menance now is that real parents are even contacting children they gave out for adoption in the western world against agreement and many families are losing their adopted children. This is the extent of the love of a mother. Defiling all odds.
Re: My Mum Has Been Away For 18years. by r231(m): 1:40am On Jan 06, 2012
undecided
Re: My Mum Has Been Away For 18years. by moremi2008(m): 3:12am On Jan 06, 2012
Like others have rightly pointed out, it is incredibly rare for a woman to willingly leave her young children for 18yrs. Has she stayed in touch at all or did she just "disappear"? Why Israel? Does she know anybody there? I am afraid there's a deep, dark secret your family is keeping from you.
Re: My Mum Has Been Away For 18years. by dayokanu(m): 7:10am On Jan 06, 2012
Maybe they were telling yu in parables

The Israel might be Jerusalem on high
Re: My Mum Has Been Away For 18years. by Nobody: 10:13am On Jan 06, 2012
Awwwwwww cry cry cry cry

Dayo, happy new year kiss cool
Re: My Mum Has Been Away For 18years. by tellwisdom: 3:49pm On Jan 09, 2012
undecided undecided undecided
Re: My Mum Has Been Away For 18years. by moremi2008(m): 9:51pm On Jan 09, 2012
dayokanu:

Maybe they were telling yu in parables

The Israel might be Jerusalem on high

OMG! I just re-read her post and realized that this is indeed the case. I am just surprised that nobody replaced the parable with plain words once she got older. I pray God gives you the strength and grace to deal with this reality oh.
Re: My Mum Has Been Away For 18years. by Nobody: 3:46pm On Sep 21, 2015
mamialolo:
my mum left when i was 3yrs and my younger bro was 18months old. she travelled to Israel in search of green pasture. i heard from a reliable source that she won't be coming back(she said she does not want to come back). i will graduating in June 2012, and Will be getting married soon. i really need Ur advice, what can i do or say to bring her back.
...... Do you talk with her or get in touch with her @ all?
Re: My Mum Has Been Away For 18years. by KanwuliaJara: 2:09am On Sep 22, 2015
Nothing you can do!
Just learn to live without her.. kiss

(1) (Reply)

To Experience Mum In The House / 24-yr-old Man Impregnates Sister In Calabar. / A Tragedy I Have Not Seen Before!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.