Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,008 members, 7,810,794 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

I Fell Off My Mum's Back And I Am Scared My Man Could Die - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Fell Off My Mum's Back And I Am Scared My Man Could Die (26300 Views)

Pls Come In And Judge This Case BTW I And My Man / How A Man Could Live Amicably With His Wife. / Baby Falls Off Mum’s Back On Okada, Crushed By Truck (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Fell Off My Mum's Back And I Am Scared My Man Could Die by Nobody: 6:30am On Apr 17, 2013
Please I need your help. I'm 27 and a graduate.I broke up with my boyfriend of 3 months a few weeks back because he picks on any thing I do and reads different meanings to it. Two weeks ago, a guy I dated in 2006 when I was a virgin came back.

Then we were more like friends but now he wants marriage. The Ex I broke up with also wants me back. I got the shock of my life when my family gathered to tell me I have a sacrifice I need to do because my mum confessed that I fell off her back. NowI have done the atonement and thank God it wasn't diabolical. My problem is that I am scared to bring any of these guys home because I don't want any of them to die. I have cried and cried cos I don't know why this is happening now.

As for my mum, we aint in good terms anymore for keeping this all these years. Pls guys, what do you think I should do?
Re: I Fell Off My Mum's Back And I Am Scared My Man Could Die by Tgirl4real(f): 11:49am On Apr 17, 2013
Are those things 4 real? sad

3 Likes

Re: I Fell Off My Mum's Back And I Am Scared My Man Could Die by baby124: 11:52am On Apr 17, 2013
Isn't that an accident or am I missing something. Instead of you to be giving thanks that you are alive and all your faculties as working perfecting. You are carrying ebo up and down and limiting yourself to fears

35 Likes

Re: I Fell Off My Mum's Back And I Am Scared My Man Could Die by Kween1: 12:20pm On Apr 17, 2013
what state are u from? is it a taboo in ur vila and what does ur guy has to do wit it?
Re: I Fell Off My Mum's Back And I Am Scared My Man Could Die by jeffizy(m): 12:53pm On Apr 17, 2013
For those that dont know,

it's a believe in some parts of Nigeria ,that when a baby falls from his/her mum's back, such baby ,either boy or girl, will witness the death of 7 spouses in his/her adulthood!

@op, ...The mind is a very powerful tool. You control it ,not the other way around.
If you believe in the sacrifice , you have nothing to worry about. Just believe it will work for you.

I've heard a lot of tales about this myth,but i PERSONALLY believe it was founded just to keep the mother alert at all times when backing her baby.
It is well.

54 Likes

Re: I Fell Off My Mum's Back And I Am Scared My Man Could Die by Tgirl4real(f): 12:59pm On Apr 17, 2013
baby_123: Isn't that an accident or am I missing something. Instead of you to be giving thanks that you are alive and all your faculties as working perfecting. You are carrying ebo up and down and limiting yourself to fears

This could have been rephrased in a better way. If the OP knew any better, she wont be here asking.

#Justsaying

2 Likes

Re: I Fell Off My Mum's Back And I Am Scared My Man Could Die by baby124: 1:06pm On Apr 17, 2013
jeffizy: For those that dont know, it's a believe in some parts of Nigeria ,that when a baby falls from his/her mum's back, such baby ,either boy or girl, will witness the death of 7 spouses in his/her adulthood!
@op, ...The mind is a very powerful tool. You control it ,not the other way around.
If you believe in the sacrifice , you have nothing to worry about. Just believe it will work for you.

I've heard a lot of tales about this myth,but i PERSONALLY believe it was founded just to keep the mother alert at all times when backing her baby.
It is well.
Ok, makes sense. So it is a superstition.

1 Like

Re: I Fell Off My Mum's Back And I Am Scared My Man Could Die by feminineA: 1:07pm On Apr 17, 2013
Its a lie jor! Don't give the devil hold o. If u start nursing fears then it might happen. Its a superstitious believe nothing more. Marry and enjoy ur marriage. If you are still worried then Pray!!!

4 Likes

Re: I Fell Off My Mum's Back And I Am Scared My Man Could Die by GraceBestowed(f): 2:19pm On Apr 17, 2013
Why would any of them die? If you believe that whatever you did isn't diabolical, I'm asking again, why would any of the potential spouses die??

I personally don't believe in any of those things, because God is on my side. The best advice I can give is that you shouldn't shut your mother out, she must have been going through a lot all these years, when she kept it away from you; I'm sure she loves you!

3 Likes

Re: I Fell Off My Mum's Back And I Am Scared My Man Could Die by Nobody: 2:22pm On Apr 17, 2013
Mysteries of life
Re: I Fell Off My Mum's Back And I Am Scared My Man Could Die by temi4fash(m): 2:22pm On Apr 17, 2013
Go do deliverance nau.....
Re: I Fell Off My Mum's Back And I Am Scared My Man Could Die by Nobody: 2:23pm On Apr 17, 2013
Village tinz undecided

1 Like

Re: I Fell Off My Mum's Back And I Am Scared My Man Could Die by Nobody: 2:25pm On Apr 17, 2013
Your husband doesn't need to know about it. It is a family affair and should be left in the family and not broadcast outside.

Moreover that is a traditional belief that has no backing. It is just like the Yoruba belief that twins were a bad omen and had to be killed. Superstitious beliefs is what has held many Africans down.

3 Likes

Re: I Fell Off My Mum's Back And I Am Scared My Man Could Die by Onota: 2:27pm On Apr 17, 2013
Superstitionnnnnnnn.
Re: I Fell Off My Mum's Back And I Am Scared My Man Could Die by idrisolaide(m): 2:29pm On Apr 17, 2013
Be Prayerful.. As for me i don't really have much about it as we all have less connection with issues of such.. But I PRAY YOU NEVER LOOSE any one of them..
Re: I Fell Off My Mum's Back And I Am Scared My Man Could Die by lifestyle1(m): 2:29pm On Apr 17, 2013
You still need your mother....

where are you from ? (your tribe)
Re: I Fell Off My Mum's Back And I Am Scared My Man Could Die by devour129: 2:31pm On Apr 17, 2013
jeffizy: For those that dont know, it's a believe in some parts of Nigeria ,that when a baby falls from his/her mum's back, such baby ,either boy or girl, will witness the death of 7 spouses in his/her adulthood!

It is well.
then people go marry scatter . What of nowadays we carry in front ? Does it apply to those who fell from there mothers front or hands ? We will all be dead abi ?
Re: I Fell Off My Mum's Back And I Am Scared My Man Could Die by nikkyshyne(f): 2:31pm On Apr 17, 2013
undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: I Fell Off My Mum's Back And I Am Scared My Man Could Die by wawaboy1(m): 2:31pm On Apr 17, 2013
Go and reconcile with you mum joor. Then make ur chioce, forget nobody will die .

1 Like

Re: I Fell Off My Mum's Back And I Am Scared My Man Could Die by kagel: 2:32pm On Apr 17, 2013
ocman: Please I need your help. I'm 27 and a graduate.I broke up with my boyfriend of 3 months a few weeks back because he picks on any thing I do and reads different meanings to it. Two weeks ago, a guy I dated in 2006 when I was a virgin came back.

Then we were more like friends but now he wants marriage. The Ex I broke up with also wants me back. I got the shock of my life when my family gathered to tell me I have a sacrifice I need to do because my mum confessed that I fell off her back. NowI have done the atonement and thank God it wasn't diabolical. My problem is that I am scared to bring any of these guys home because I don't want any of them to die. I have cried and cried cos I don't know why this is happening now.

As for my mum, we aint in good terms anymore for keeping this all these years. Pls guys, what do you think I should do?
if you are a christian, i encourage you to go for deliverance remember we are not fighting against flesh and blood but principalities and powers , please don't risk introducing either of them without going for counseling and deliverance it is very important, why will your mum inform you now that you are about to settle down?

3 Likes

Re: I Fell Off My Mum's Back And I Am Scared My Man Could Die by Nobody: 2:33pm On Apr 17, 2013
Babzilla:

COME 2 MY SHRINE 4 A 2 WEEKS CLEANSING wink
angry angry angry angry

Seems like you wanna do her "Power! Enter! Pawa! Enta!" cheesy

4 Likes

Re: I Fell Off My Mum's Back And I Am Scared My Man Could Die by TobiSanShinobi: 2:33pm On Apr 17, 2013
lol writings on the wall...
Re: I Fell Off My Mum's Back And I Am Scared My Man Could Die by Nobody: 2:34pm On Apr 17, 2013
devour129: then people go marry scatter . What of nowadays we carry in front ? Does it apply to those who fell from there mothers front or hands ? We will all be dead abi ?

100000000 likes
Re: I Fell Off My Mum's Back And I Am Scared My Man Could Die by TableLeg(m): 2:35pm On Apr 17, 2013
Absolute nonsense ..............
Re: I Fell Off My Mum's Back And I Am Scared My Man Could Die by olanyte: 2:35pm On Apr 17, 2013
this is nothing but the voice of taboo bcs woman then are warned not to be careless so as not to cause permanent disability to there kids.but since you have fall to that trap all you need to do is erase it from ur mind and believe nothing is going to happen to you inshallahu go on with any of the man that your hearth desires and be prayerfull.

1 Like

Re: I Fell Off My Mum's Back And I Am Scared My Man Could Die by obi123: 2:36pm On Apr 17, 2013
ocman: Please I need your help. I'm 27 and a graduate.I broke up with my boyfriend of 3 months a few weeks back because he picks on any thing I do and reads different meanings to it. Two weeks ago, a guy I dated in 2006 when I was a virgin came back.

Pure superstition , life is too short to be worrying about things like these . You are limiting yourself by delving into things that make no sense at all, you might as well be a spinster for life , instead of living in the fear that death will be upon who ever has anything to do with you
Re: I Fell Off My Mum's Back And I Am Scared My Man Could Die by alextayo(m): 2:36pm On Apr 17, 2013
I find it hard to believe that people still believe this crap in this 21st century. It is just mere superstition with no logical basis. My advice: choose the man you want and take him to Mama for blessing or come and marry me and see if i will die. End of discussion.

4 Likes

Re: I Fell Off My Mum's Back And I Am Scared My Man Could Die by Enkaynwa(f): 2:36pm On Apr 17, 2013
@op, pls which state are u from?
Re: I Fell Off My Mum's Back And I Am Scared My Man Could Die by IkeNwanyiCalaba: 2:38pm On Apr 17, 2013
i cannot even understanding you. you talk in idioms. you have some explane to do. next time try make yourself easy in your explnatione and i will know to help you. From the small i understand, you are fighting with your boyfriend. my simple advise is live boyfriend girlfriend thing alone because all is vanity upon vanity. give your life to christ. thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Wife Calls Her Family For Everything / Nigerian Man Suprised His Wife With A Benz After Giving Birth / A Yahooboy Wants To Marry My Daughter. What Should I Do? Elderly Man Asks (vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.