Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,892 members, 7,810,428 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:55 AM

Subsidy Removal: Un Commends Jonathan, As Eu Passes Vote Of Confidence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy Removal: Un Commends Jonathan, As Eu Passes Vote Of Confidence (1038 Views)

List Of 84 Senators That Passed Vote Of Confidence On Saraki / UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs / Subsidy Removal: Un Commends Jonathan, As Eu Passes Vote Of Confidence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Subsidy Removal: Un Commends Jonathan, As Eu Passes Vote Of Confidence by scopusng(m): 6:12pm On Jan 06, 2012
ABUJA- United Nations, UN has commended President Jonathan for withdrawing the subsidy on petroleum products, describing it as “a bold and correct policy”.

Speaking during a visit to President Jonathan at the State House, Abuja, the Special Adviser to the United Nations’ Secretary General, Prof. Jeffrey Sachs, said the funds from the removal of subsidy would go a long way to rapid infrastructural development and the health sector.

Sachs also commended Nigeria’s president for his conditional grants to local governments for the implementation of the Millennium Development Goals, describing it as “one of the most innovative schemes of using national resources for local government development”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/subsidy-removal-un-commends-jonathan-as-eu-passes-vote-of-confidence/
Re: Subsidy Removal: Un Commends Jonathan, As Eu Passes Vote Of Confidence by scopusng(m): 6:14pm On Jan 06, 2012
May God punish the Special Adviser to the United Nations’ Secretary General, Prof. Jeffrey Sachs.

May you die this night. Amen
Re: Subsidy Removal: Un Commends Jonathan, As Eu Passes Vote Of Confidence by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jan 06, 2012
our enemies are mighty
Re: Subsidy Removal: Un Commends Jonathan, As Eu Passes Vote Of Confidence by scopusng(m): 6:18pm On Jan 06, 2012
the removal of subsidy would go a long way to rapid infrastructural development and the health sector

I laugh in my native language. What is this slowpoke talking about?
Re: Subsidy Removal: Un Commends Jonathan, As Eu Passes Vote Of Confidence by efisher(m): 6:22pm On Jan 06, 2012
The whole world knows a good policy when they see one. . . Except of course the Nigerians for whom the policy is made!
Re: Subsidy Removal: Un Commends Jonathan, As Eu Passes Vote Of Confidence by aljharem(m): 6:25pm On Jan 06, 2012
efisher:

The whole world knows a good policy when they see one. . . Except of course the Nigerians for whom the policy is made!

Yes the whole universe knows it is a good policy that is why they have there pump price lower than ours and have a Higher minimum wage way higher than ours.

Very good thinking from a clever Nigerian

www.nairaland.com/attachments/609333_fuelsubsidylindaikejiblog_pngceb73d15478f80742891a26c8d4b4040
Re: Subsidy Removal: Un Commends Jonathan, As Eu Passes Vote Of Confidence by Beaf: 6:27pm On Jan 06, 2012
diluminati:

our enemies are mighty

. . .And we grow MIGHTIER. cool
Re: Subsidy Removal: Un Commends Jonathan, As Eu Passes Vote Of Confidence by aljharem(m): 6:28pm On Jan 06, 2012
Re: Subsidy Removal: Un Commends Jonathan, As Eu Passes Vote Of Confidence by scopusng(m): 6:30pm On Jan 06, 2012
efisher:

May you die in a plane crash. fool like you.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Un Commends Jonathan, As Eu Passes Vote Of Confidence by scopusng(m): 6:37pm On Jan 06, 2012
Western worlds and beaf is GEJ interest. May GEJ die in the next one week while having se.x with his wife.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Un Commends Jonathan, As Eu Passes Vote Of Confidence by phraoh(m): 6:42pm On Jan 06, 2012
efisher:

Of course the whole world knows,how do u go about explaining our poor minimum wage and the fact that it took forever to even make it 18k.What do u say about the exorbitant amount allocated to flimsy things like food etc in the bugdet or the bogus salaries of our elected reps who also feed on our public treasury and dnt pay for any bleeping thing.

What do u expect a cleaner (thank God for that job sef) who leaves in Ajegunle,has 5 kids and works in VI to to do? His or her transport fare with this subsidy removal will finish 18k in 10days tops.

Why the hell should we care about EU and UN,i thought they said we should practice democrazy and i also thot that we use to be a soverign nation.Shouldnt the voice of the masses at least matter.

Some policies are good buh only when all the groundworks have been laid for it.

Illustration: how will u ask me (assuming u were ma Father and u work in NBC) to share a bottle of coke with my 8 siblings when i know that NBC gives you 9 crates of coke every week coupled with 12 crates you steal from them and they are all stocked up in your room for only ua pleasure.

So,how do u expect us to believe,that the subsidy is a good thing when the government officials chop our money with impunity and when it takes them forever to increase the minimum wage?

Msceeeew,i don even dey provoke as i dey write this thin.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Un Commends Jonathan, As Eu Passes Vote Of Confidence by OAM4J: 6:58pm On Jan 06, 2012

(1)

Operation Rain Curses On Gej, Ngozi, Dezani, Sanusi, Labaran And Imf / Former Minister Of Petroleum David Tom- West On Tvc Live! / JUNGLE JUSTICE: Irate Ibadan Residents Set Police Officer On Fire Over Bribe!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.