Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,476 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live (26691 Views)

Buhari Summons Emergency FEC Meeting On Monday / South East Leaders & Stakeholders' Meeting: Live Update (pics) / Sanusi - 'Tired Of National Assembly Summons ' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by MAYOWAAK: 11:11am On Jan 07, 2012
The Struggle has start yielding result d leadership of National Assembly has summoned an Emergency session tomorrow sunday by 3:00pm to find a solution on d volatile situation in d country caused by Subsidy Removal. All members are advice to attend

http://www.channelstv.com/global/live_video.php
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by Scream(m): 11:25am On Jan 07, 2012
Foolish people! They were able to stay in their houses from the 25th of December and enjoy (earning millions) while Nigerians they represent are being massacred by Boko Haram with a clueless GEJ preoccupied with his devilish plan to further inflict pains on the people they represent. My advise to them is that they should throw that "shit" out the way we put him there when Yar'adua (of blessed memory) knowing who he was, refused to hand him power for few days.
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by Nobody: 11:41am On Jan 07, 2012
What r they coming bck 2do? I guess to make d usuall noise they often make and exploit d situation on ground 4dia own selfish gain. They r coming bck so as to catch d last flight to abuja d seat of corruption b4 d airspace is shot dwn by labour on monday. Smart thieving bunch. Y dint they intervene b4 nw? Always reactionery than bin proactive. Their regrouping on sunday is nt only cosmetic but also of no value and thus insignificant.
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by psalmizt(m): 10:50am On Jan 08, 2012
Lol, They gats to be safe ooooo,
byrron:

What r they coming bck 2do? I guess to make d usuall noise they often make and exploit d situation on ground 4dia own selfish gain. They r coming bck so as to catch d last flight to abuja d seat of corruption b4 d airspace is shot dwn by labour on monday. Smart thieving bunch. Y dint they intervene b4 nw? Always reactionery than bin proactive. Their regrouping on sunday is nt only cosmetic but also of no value and thus insignificant.
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by xtremeidea(m): 11:04am On Jan 08, 2012
we dey watch. make we see wetin dem wan do!
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by victorazy(m): 11:06am On Jan 08, 2012
Impeach dat slowpoke for backstabbing them.
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by Nadanbata: 11:08am On Jan 08, 2012
Goodluck to you cool cool
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by DAY12(m): 11:13am On Jan 08, 2012
*Shaking head in shame* undecided
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by ajalio(f): 11:18am On Jan 08, 2012
. . . . However, the Senate was said to have buckled on the issue at the last minute.

A top associate of Senate President David Mark, however, dismissed that inference, saying “I don’t think it is correct. I know that the Senate Committee on Labour is supposed to be interfacing with Labour.”

The associate added: “But then what is the need of sitting on Sunday whereas the Senate is resuming on Tuesday, what can be achieved without the President reverting to the old price.

source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/as-house-reconvenes-today-over-subsidy-presidency-puts-pressure-on-reps-not-to-sit/
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by member67023: 11:24am On Jan 08, 2012
SMH. Emergency meeting indeed!
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by otokx(m): 11:33am On Jan 08, 2012
Why channels tv only and all the time? Do they want us to buy dstv by force?
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by nyxus(m): 11:36am On Jan 08, 2012
Shooting ongoing in area 10 abuja, also Sss confirmed report, Boko ready to hit 3churches. Mountain of fire utako. Holy trinty maitama.Winners chapel. Dunamis. Pls broadcast for abuja residents. It cld save sum1's life.
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by 1025: 11:44am On Jan 08, 2012
if i were these useless and wasteful senators, i will remain at home and stop disturbing nigerians over their irrelevant meetings. how on earth will they explain what nigeria spent on them and how they can be kept out of such vital decision by jonathan that was so poor that he could not avoid robber shoes.
the position of the president is clear - NO GOING BACK ON FUEL SUBSIDY.
it is a war signal and it is going to be nigeria versus pdp.
all we need to start thinking now is how to get the military to our side and make sure we kill pdp members and their families.
nigerians must stand up and declare war on pdp and their criminal rulers.
jonathan must be made to be too uncomfortable to enjoy the food of N1b he is planing to eat this year.
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by pingpong1: 11:49am On Jan 08, 2012
otokx:

Why channels tv only and all the time? Do they want us to buy dstv by force?
DSTV ke? go get yourself cheap startime and watch Channels if you are in Lagos, ABJ, PH, Kano, Ibadan or Benin
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by Nobody: 11:53am On Jan 08, 2012
And goodluck to me!
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by Nobody: 11:54am On Jan 08, 2012
My guess, they are not happy with GEJ. Why will he remove 25% from there earning
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by born2boink(m): 11:56am On Jan 08, 2012
I will be busy watching Manchester City Vs Manchester United FA cup

I don't trust our government anymore
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by silibaba: 12:01pm On Jan 08, 2012
is the meeting aimed at discussing the sudden removal of subsidy in fuel or slashing their pay by 25 percent grin grin

we are all waiting for the outcome of the meeting lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by babaowo: 12:02pm On Jan 08, 2012
boko haram should visit their meeting, insha allah!!!
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by LEXYLOV: 12:18pm On Jan 08, 2012
The only one thing am expecting to hear from this bunch of thieves meeting today, if that is true news. They too should reject this evil subsidy immediately and start the impeachment process of Mr retadeen Odechukwu Ebeleiwu immediately. Anything less than that ' It means they are there to protest against the 25% cut over from their cake and BH should pay them a massive visit before they round up angry
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by omo9ja1(m): 12:26pm On Jan 08, 2012
Its too late sad
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by kizito96(m): 12:27pm On Jan 08, 2012
Don't expect any miracle
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by menek(m): 12:28pm On Jan 08, 2012
They want to wake up nw because their salary has been reduce
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jan 08, 2012
dorothy111:

My guess, they are not happy with GEJ. Why will he remove 25% from there earning

If this is true, am glad GEJ listens to advive. Am getting more interested. Oga GEJ, you should have slashed it by 50%, am not yet satisfied with dat percentage.

Reduce the number of domestic vehicles in governors convoy to 3 cars aside those of security. Expunge plea bargaining from Nigeria's legal system. Remove immunity from state governors. Reduce the security vote that state governments approve for the Governors' office, Deputy Governors' office, SSG and Head of service. Make it imposible for state governors to control state resources. Remember that there is a way around everything.

Gradually, you will get the masses backing you again.
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by seunlayi(m): 12:33pm On Jan 08, 2012
noting good can come from this people, where they not clapping  when the budget was being presented by the president

1 Like

Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by soma042(m): 12:43pm On Jan 08, 2012
up gooluck, layoff the dame subsidy and save our future to come .gej dont let this desert illiterate monkey to influece ur good plan 4 nig.
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by Abbott(m): 12:48pm On Jan 08, 2012
While they are at it, they should also approve arms and weapons for the public. I need to get meself a good gun when the shit hits the fan.
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by Funkymallam(m): 12:58pm On Jan 08, 2012
silibaba:

is the meeting aimed at discussing the sudden removal of subsidy in fuel or slashing their pay by 25 percent grin grin

we are all waiting for the outcome of the meeting lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
dorothy111:

dorothy111:

pls GEJ did not and dnt have d right to slash their salaries. He only slashed d salaries of himself and his political appointees, thats the executive arm of govt.
I hope they would follow suit by slashing their outrageous pay too.
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by roqchiq(f): 1:06pm On Jan 08, 2012
nyxus:

Shooting ongoing in area 10 abuja, also Sss confirmed report, Boko ready to hit 3churches. Mountain of fire utako. Holy trinty maitama.Winners chapel. Dunamis. Pls broadcast for abuja residents. It cld save sum1's life.

please is this authentic, ? Then it should be reposted as a new topic and moved to front page. Poster please confirm
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by AfroBlue(m): 1:19pm On Jan 08, 2012
They might want to discuss getting 9ja refineries up in running in an record amount of time. There's no excuse for re-importing your own fuel at global market prices. What kind of insanity is that?

There must be some technical experts that can be hired to get the job done ASAP.
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 1:20pm On Jan 08, 2012
babaowo:

boko haram should visit their meeting, insha allah!!!
lol, u're not the first person to recommend that.

will be watching to know what they want to yak about, and if they'll give their official position on this suubsidy matter. if they truly represent us as they are supposed to, they'll be on our side. if not, those NBA lawyers had better kickstarted procedures to get them recalled.
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by seechris(m): 1:34pm On Jan 08, 2012
Cant wait to hear the results of this meeting

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Amaechi, Obasanjo, Peterside At A Conference In Lagos. Photos / Buhari Appoints Tinubu To Head APC Reconciliatory Team / "Bishop Henry Sado Buys N36,000 Phone With Buhari’s Money" - Diasporareporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.