Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,201 members, 7,815,189 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

Nigerians Must Speak Out Against This Ethnic Cleansing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Must Speak Out Against This Ethnic Cleansing (1290 Views)

Jonathan Must Speak On Dasuki Scandal – PDP / "Ethnic Cleansing" At Nigeria Customs? - By Mefor / Bayelsa New Flag: Jonathan Must Speak - Lawyers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Must Speak Out Against This Ethnic Cleansing by chidebe: 1:26pm On Jan 07, 2012
Re: Nigerians Must Speak Out Against This Ethnic Cleansing by ektbear: 1:30pm On Jan 07, 2012
I condemn it. Not for the reason you state, but because it is the right thing to do.
Re: Nigerians Must Speak Out Against This Ethnic Cleansing by antartica(m): 1:42pm On Jan 07, 2012
The igbos should learn to take up arms and defend what belongs to them. That is what it will eventually boil down to. They should have known they are in a volatile situation gathering in numbers in places like mubi or whatever it is called without adequate protection,they should have returned fire with fire. IT IS THE WEAK ONE THAT WILL DIE MISERABLY.
Re: Nigerians Must Speak Out Against This Ethnic Cleansing by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jan 07, 2012
especially the so called ''human rights'' activists who have not spoken out against it not to talk of calling for a mass rally
Re: Nigerians Must Speak Out Against This Ethnic Cleansing by unphilaz(m): 2:11pm On Jan 07, 2012
i condemn it! i see a grand plan: bring distrust among christians-northerner & southerners by killing the former and the leave for their land. then attack the northern christians who will not be supported by the southerners!
Re: Nigerians Must Speak Out Against This Ethnic Cleansing by unphilaz(m): 2:19pm On Jan 07, 2012
middlebelters arise now! lets not be caught sleeping
Re: Nigerians Must Speak Out Against This Ethnic Cleansing by jason123: 2:19pm On Jan 07, 2012
Every southern group should defend Igbos in their mist!!!

I am against the ethnic cleansing!!!
Re: Nigerians Must Speak Out Against This Ethnic Cleansing by Gbawe: 2:27pm On Jan 07, 2012
chidebe:

Folks, if u fail to speak out while Igbos are being sluttered like chicken on a daily basis, SOON THEY WILL COME FOR U & THERE WUD BE NO ONE TO DEFEND U.

My guy, we all condemn it vehemently but Nigerians from the South should consider returning now because life is not replaceable . This has not been my stance up till now and I have indeed argued on NL that it is very inconsiderate to ask folks to abandon everything they have worked hard to build.

Nonetheless, the situation is getting worse, government is incapable of safegaurding lives,  and the all out chaos some want may be upon us since leaders who have not done one thing right, to gain the support of the people, now settle decisively on anti-people actions (insistence on subsidy removal, "leaner Govt not possible", tenure elongation et al) that will only heat things up a lot more.

The other point to Note is that certain parts of the North are unsafe for everyone and not Igbo folks alone. These cold-blooded murderers will kill anyone - including indigenes. Naturally, they may target Southerners because of the response they want from us to assist their desire for anarchy, but I don't think there is an agenda of ethnic cleansing against Igbos. These people just want total anarchy. What will bring that quickest other than Nigerians ethnically baited into killing each other?
Re: Nigerians Must Speak Out Against This Ethnic Cleansing by BlackBaron: 2:39pm On Jan 07, 2012
This is a despicable act and I find very appalling and hence condemn it

Not only Igbos being attacked by the way but also non-Northerners including Christians, Yorubas et al.
Re: Nigerians Must Speak Out Against This Ethnic Cleansing by Arosa(m): 2:51pm On Jan 07, 2012
I condemn it, And I also think that all southern peeps should leave the north now, so that we can all prepare for the desolation of this poo called Nigeria. angry angry angry
Re: Nigerians Must Speak Out Against This Ethnic Cleansing by udezue(m): 2:56pm On Jan 07, 2012
What are Southerners and Igbos still doing in such cursed places?
Re: Nigerians Must Speak Out Against This Ethnic Cleansing by Arosa(m): 2:56pm On Jan 07, 2012
PS, Ojukwu! may your soul rest in peace.
Re: Nigerians Must Speak Out Against This Ethnic Cleansing by gists: 3:00pm On Jan 07, 2012
It is completely wrong for any ethnic group or religion in the country to terrorize another. I bliv the gov should be more responsible and tackle this menace once and for all just like its bent on removing subsidy once and for all. In any case, Igbo or xtains don't have to be the victims b4 you ask us to condemn the terrorist acts. I personally don't bliv in condemning terrorists anyway simply because they are not even listening to you. Its just a waist of time. We should hold the gov. by the balls to roll up its sleeves and bring these guys to book. But of course your dear gej is been hampered by some cabals that is why he can't do anything even though he is the CnC and they even asked him to tell us that we have to leave with it while people die.
Re: Nigerians Must Speak Out Against This Ethnic Cleansing by BlackPikiN(m): 5:48pm On Jan 07, 2012
The perpetrators of this dastardly act would be brought to justice and we will leave no stone unturned, FG

As I type, the Igbos are meeting.
The conclusion of the meeting would make everything else a child's play.
That's what Nigerians want. They all want to see the devil in the Igbo man.
Igbos dont want to kill but the outcome of the meeting would make sure it shakes the foundation of the entity called Nigeria.

As for now let the killing continue and let everybody have a great field day.

I wont be surprised to see idiots condemn the Igbos when they strike back.
I mean there are real idiots that would blame the Igbos when igbos defend themselves.
Re: Nigerians Must Speak Out Against This Ethnic Cleansing by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jan 07, 2012
What you guys should be asking your President is :"WHAT DO YOU KNOW, SIR?"

GEJ has Intelligence reports from Nigeria and around the world working with him on the issue. He claims he knows their sponsors. He absolves admitted bombers (MEND; Oct 1st) at will while implicating others (Dokpesi) using the flimsiest of excuses, then gets implicated as an orchestrator of bombings himself by the very terrorists he absolved. Oh, you've all forgotten that MEND Claimed responsibility for the Oct1st bombings, GEJ said it wasn't MEND that he knew who did but he wouldn't tell us (then he put out some bullshi*yyt implicating DOKPESI). MEND  then turned around and accused GEJ of the Oct 1st bombings-----The same MEND GEJ tried to absolve without proof. SSS, South Africa, U.S all said it was MEND . MEND said it was them (MEND). . . . . All of these under 72hrs. Wow, Nigerians are just so quick to forget!

You all are barking up the wrong tree. Start from that day. Start asking your President the right questions. What does he know and what is his role in all these games him and his adversaries are playing using innocent Nigerian lives as the chess pieces?!
Re: Nigerians Must Speak Out Against This Ethnic Cleansing by Nnenna1(f): 6:05pm On Jan 07, 2012
BlackPikiN:

The perpetrators of this dastardly act would be brought to justice and we will leave no stone unturned, FG

Igbos dont want to kill but the outcome of the meeting would make sure it shakes the foundation of the entity called Nigeria.

I mean there are real idiots that would blame the Igbos when igbos defend themselves.

Please don't do this - this is exactly what some hidden forces want cry. They want chaos and anarchy.

The best thing is to have Igbos and ALL southerners up North relocate down south - it doesn't matter where (Lagos,  PH, Enugu, Owerri, etc).

Aren't there groups that can organize free transportation services from the North? Lots of Igbos are in charge of buses to and from the there - I think. This is the time to plan out an escape strategy.

By the way, someone had posted this article on another thread. Here it is - please read it and decide:

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2011/11/14/nigeria-targeted-for-destruction/
Re: Nigerians Must Speak Out Against This Ethnic Cleansing by Akanbiedu(m): 6:14pm On Jan 07, 2012
BlackPikiN:

If I may ask, who exactly are you going to fight? Hausa-fulani, kanuri, muslims?

WHat about protesting and demanding protection from the commander-in-chief himself? You voted him to do that, didn't you?
Re: Nigerians Must Speak Out Against This Ethnic Cleansing by juman(m): 8:06pm On Jan 07, 2012
The people killed are also victims of the system.

Why killing those innocent people??

I think its best to move out of the unsave areas.

Good luck.
Re: Nigerians Must Speak Out Against This Ethnic Cleansing by BlackPikiN(m): 8:20pm On Jan 07, 2012
Nnenna1:

Please don't do this - this is exactly what some hidden forces want cry. They want chaos and anarchy.

The best thing is to have Igbos and ALL southerners up North relocate down south - it doesn't matter where (Lagos,  PH, Enugu, Owerri, etc).

Aren't there groups that can organize free transportation services from the North? Lots of Igbos are in charge of buses to and from the there - I think. This is the time to plan out an escape strategy.

By the way, someone had posted this article on another thread. Here it is - please read it and decide:

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2011/11/14/nigeria-targeted-for-destruction/

Are you in the US?

(1) (Reply)

Agbon Izielen: Imf And ‘fuel Subsidy’ Removal (1) - Genesis of False Subsidy Scheme. / Corruption In Nigeria / Ex Abia State Gov. Uzor Kalu Attempts To Bribe EFCC Has Hit The Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.