Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,205 members, 7,953,761 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:25 AM

Why Are Nigerians Not Protesting Against The Killing Of Innocents By Boko Haram? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Nigerians Not Protesting Against The Killing Of Innocents By Boko Haram? (1077 Views)

Buhari & Ojukwu Protesting Against Obasanjo's Govt (throwback Pic) / Why Are Yorubas Not Protesting The Fulanis Forceful Occupation Of Kwara??? / Why Are Ghanians Not Protesting Over A Similar Increase In Their Pump Price: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerians Not Protesting Against The Killing Of Innocents By Boko Haram? by Nchara: 8:15pm On Jan 07, 2012
Why are Nigerians not protesting against the killing of innocent people by islamic terrorists in the name of Boko Haram?

I am at a loss here. Is it that the incessant gruesome loss of lives don't matter much to Nigerians?

Which is more important between a gallon of fuel and a human life?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Protesting Against The Killing Of Innocents By Boko Haram? by efisher(m): 8:29pm On Jan 07, 2012
Sadly, a litre of fuel seems to have more value to Nigerians than the life of a fellow Nigerian.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Protesting Against The Killing Of Innocents By Boko Haram? by aljharem(m): 8:35pm On Jan 07, 2012
Other things people are protesting for because it was a build up of anger since 1970 and this was the opportunity for a revolution are

1. protest against corruption and the arrest of these people

2. protest against boko haram and killing of Christians/igbos

3. protest against the NEGLIGENT of the Niger-delta
Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Protesting Against The Killing Of Innocents By Boko Haram? by BlackPikiN(m): 8:37pm On Jan 07, 2012
OP, na so we see am o.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Protesting Against The Killing Of Innocents By Boko Haram? by aljharem(m): 8:46pm On Jan 07, 2012
BlackPikiN:

OP, na so we see am o.

Yes it is good to see it like that.

Boko haram kill your people and you have not protested ? What sort of slavish mentality is that ?

Why not protest against Igbos killed then maybe just maybe the people in the country would protest alone side you instead of sitting in the SE making fun of Nigerians protesting as if you are better off.

Look, people would only protest to what is affecting them and who not start a protest for others fact !!!

If you people are comfortable about boko haram well the whole country is fed up. [size=13pt]There is protest against boko haram alongside this because this is our opportunity. It is high time people that using their brain and stop discouraging others fight for their rights if you people don't know yours.[/size] Yesterday, Boko haram kill people indiscriminately yet you are here talking about rubbish instead of asking ethical question like

"Why are our security forces allowing boko haram to kill us ?"

"Do we have security at all in Nigeria ?"

if yes, " Why are they not protecting me ?"

Abeg go siddion
Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Protesting Against The Killing Of Innocents By Boko Haram? by ShangoThor(m): 8:50pm On Jan 07, 2012
Indecency and Shamelessness.

The effects of social conditioning in a Malfunctioning State that sponsors mediocrity and[b] inferiority[/b].
Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Protesting Against The Killing Of Innocents By Boko Haram? by Maisuya1: 8:58pm On Jan 07, 2012
@OP
I think we r protesting against all, which is epitomed by corruption and carelessness in govt, this is evidenced by the lack of will or outright abdjugation of responsibility by govt to protect it's citizens within their own Borders.

And also the Kano understanding between Christians and Muslims at protest site to protect each other was a clear sign to BH or whoever they really are that they are not 'welcomed'.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Protesting Against The Killing Of Innocents By Boko Haram? by BlackPikiN(m): 9:02pm On Jan 07, 2012
alj harem:

Yes it is good to see it like that.

Boko haram kill your people and you have not protested ? What sort of slavish mentality is that ?

Why not protest against Igbos killed then maybe just maybe the people in the country would protest alone side you instead of sitting in the SE making fun of Nigerians protesting as if you are better off.

Look, people would only protest to what is affecting them and who not start a protest for others fact !!!

If you people are comfortable about boko haram well the whole country is fed up. [size=13pt]There is protest against boko haram alongside this because this is our opportunity. It is high time people that using their brain and stop discouraging others fight for their rights if you people don't know yours.[/size] Yesterday, Boko haram kill people indiscriminately yet you are here talking about rubbish instead of asking ethical question like

"Why are our security forces allowing boko haram to kill us ?"

"Do we have security at all in Nigeria ?"

if yes, " Why are they not protecting me ?"

Abeg go siddion

Abeg shut up.
Where were you when they bombed the catholic church?
You ran away only to surface this new year. Idiot!.
You think I dont f0rking watch what you do here.
May thunder strike your left yansh fool!

So please take your yeye nonsense analysis and shove it in your gworo arse. mumu
Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Protesting Against The Killing Of Innocents By Boko Haram? by ShangoThor(m): 9:05pm On Jan 07, 2012
Someone on this thread reeks of Nomadic Opportunism, and he hops from thread to thread leaving confusion in his trail in a bid to manipulate and generally cause disunity amongst Southerners.

If I had the power, I would force a funnel down his throat and force him to drink some Crude Oil.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Protesting Against The Killing Of Innocents By Boko Haram? by aljharem(m): 9:18pm On Jan 07, 2012
BlackPikiN:

Abeg shut up.
You ran away only to surface this new year. !.

So please take your yeye nonsense analysis and shove it in your gworo arse. mumu

It seems like you don't understand what is going on.

It is too long to explain but I would not leave you to wallow in ignorance

read lagoshai, Chyz, Jason, Alj harem and ndu chuks post. Then maybe you can educate yourself abit

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-840351.0.html
Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Protesting Against The Killing Of Innocents By Boko Haram? by aljharem(m): 9:19pm On Jan 07, 2012
Mai-suya:

@OP
[size=18pt]I think we r protesting against all, which is epitomed by corruption and carelessness in govt, this is evidenced by the lack of will or outright abdjugation of responsibility by govt to protect it's citizens within their own Borders.[/size]

And also the Kano understanding between Christians and Muslims at protest site to protect each other was a clear sign to BH or whoever they really are that they are not 'welcomed'.

Thank you
Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Protesting Against The Killing Of Innocents By Boko Haram? by ShangoThor(m): 9:32pm On Jan 07, 2012
BlackPikiN:

Abeg shut up.
You ran away only to surface this new year. !.

Bingo! Apparently, up till a few months ago Boko Haram did not exist!
Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Protesting Against The Killing Of Innocents By Boko Haram? by muyoto: 9:41pm On Jan 07, 2012
I think it has to with the nature of what is being protested about.

in the case of fuel subsidy wahala, there is a tangible, common enemy: the Nigerian government. the protesters of different ethnicities and religion were unanimous in their repudiation of the policy.

in the case of BH, it probably is not so straightforward, especially when viewed against the suspicion in some quarters that some clerics have not been vocal enough in denouncing the sect. furthermore, who or what will the protest be about? lack of security by the government? Anger against sect? anger against the wanton slaughter of Nigerians?

but i suppose mai suya has said it all. the current protest could be seen as one that encompasses the the failure of government to live up its primary responsibility, the security and welfare of its citizens.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Protesting Against The Killing Of Innocents By Boko Haram? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jan 07, 2012
maybe its because it doesnt affect them personally. a bomb in mubi? it sounds so distant.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Protesting Against The Killing Of Innocents By Boko Haram? by musiwa43: 10:00pm On Jan 07, 2012
let me put it this way. if any southerner still have his wife and children still living in the north. that southerner at this point is a fool. if anyone can not learn from killing of other people. that person cant learn anything.

If Jonathan Goodluck assure you to remain. Then you are a big fool. Look Jonathan Goodluck have army, police , airforce guiding him. So he can remain there. But common southerners dont have that. Look at the satellite pictures,  There is noway. Northerners will agree. No way. And if you know nigeria history very well. You as a southerner, will be a big fool to leave your family in the north.

Northerners will continue to kill you southerners living in the north until they get their wish which is to separate.

Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Protesting Against The Killing Of Innocents By Boko Haram? by musiwa43: 10:05pm On Jan 07, 2012
I will advice fellow southerners to go back to the south and start building their life again. Noman can guarantee your life. Jonathan Goodluck can not bring back your wife, children and husband. Stop listen to him. Go back to the south , Your life is more important .
Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Protesting Against The Killing Of Innocents By Boko Haram? by Nchara: 10:19pm On Jan 07, 2012
Musiwa:

Thanks but you have not answered my question
Why are Nigerians (southerners, Igbos, Yorubas, Niger Deltans, northern christians, moderate northern muslims, muslims in general, christians, pagans, whareva) not out on the streets protesting the increasing killings of innocent human beings?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Protesting Against The Killing Of Innocents By Boko Haram? by BIGERBOY1: 10:46pm On Jan 07, 2012
@OP of al posts here it's only musiwa post u saw, which reinforces ur divisive intent.

Didnt u see mai-suyas concise and deductive answer to ur post?
Am beginning to doubt the intent of this thread.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Protesting Against The Killing Of Innocents By Boko Haram? by jmaine: 10:59pm On Jan 07, 2012
careytommy:

maybe its because it doesnt affect them personally. a bomb in mubi? it sounds so distant.

[size=18pt]Perfect . . . .[/size]
Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Protesting Against The Killing Of Innocents By Boko Haram? by sheyguy: 11:10pm On Jan 07, 2012
Nchara:

Musiwa:

Thanks but you have not answered my question
Why are Nigerians (southerners, Igbos, Yorubas, Niger Deltans, northern christians, moderate northern muslims, muslims in general, christians, pagans, whareva) not out on the streets protesting the increasing killings of innocent human beings?
Permit me to answer ur question pls.
The killings by boko haram is suppose to be mainly an affair of our security agencies and Gej to handle.
Like oil resource "marginalisation", the people who r worse hit (according to beaf and SS/SE apologists) by BH are not protesting for it probably cos they are too enlightened for such. Dön't u think the westerners and northerners protesting will amount to an attempt to unsit a presidemt the ss/se are firmly behind?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Protesting Against The Killing Of Innocents By Boko Haram? by Nchara: 5:33am On Jan 08, 2012
sheyguy:

Permit me to answer your question pls.
The killings by boko haram is suppose to be mainly an affair of our security agencies and Gej to handle.
Like oil resource "marginalisation", the people who r worse hit (according to beaf and SS/SE apologists) by BH are not protesting for it probably cos they are too enlightened for such. Dön't u think the westerners and northerners protesting will amount to an attempt to unsit a presidemt the ss/se are firmly behind?

Where is your proof that Igbos are not protesting the oil subsidy
All those Igbos in Lagos, Kano, London and US protest are from the moon, right? Some of you guys are so shallow-brained that it is difficult discussing with you.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Protesting Against The Killing Of Innocents By Boko Haram? by mensdept: 5:52am On Jan 08, 2012
Are southerners serious? They bring back the sub for gas and yet no good hospitals, schools, roads, airlines, etc. How I wish NATO would stop giving Nigerians Visa to go to better countries, and putting heavy taxes on cars and cloths imported from abroad. How I wish Nato countries would not take/admit any stinking Nigerian politician in their hospitals or universities so that they will suffer the same thing everyone else is suffering from.

Total revolution is needed.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Protesting Against The Killing Of Innocents By Boko Haram? by sheyguy: 9:30am On Jan 08, 2012
Nchara:

Where is your proof that Igbos are not protesting the oil subsidy
All those Igbos in Lagos, Kano, London and US protest are from the moon, right? Some of you guys are so shallow-brained that it is difficult discussing with you.
u dont av to call pple names if u cant put up a good arguement, there is a thread in support of my comment which is titled to some thing like "Why are some states protesting petrol subsidy removal when the oil producing states are not".
U guys called those expressing their anger on subsidy removal "parasites" and "illiterates i.e not enlightened enough" don't u think their protest on security issues will send out the signal that they are the worse hit regions in BH crisis ? ? ?
If the igbos are pained let them turn to Gej they voted for massively, he is in charge and not the west/north.those in the ss/se shld come out and voice their their feelings out. Afterall one good turn deserves another.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Protesting Against The Killing Of Innocents By Boko Haram? by sheyguy: 9:31am On Jan 08, 2012
Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Protesting Against The Killing Of Innocents By Boko Haram? by dimbright: 12:20pm On Jan 08, 2012
i like this post, heres what, we should be protesting against inability of government to stop bh and d sending of southern youth corpers, police officers and federal workers to the north.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Protesting Against The Killing Of Innocents By Boko Haram? by Xmind1: 12:24pm On Jan 08, 2012
Sheer selfishness. When it does not directly affect us, all is well. Now that it pj he's our pocket, we suddenly jump out of the streets. That is rubbish. I can't be a party to that. Let's learn to be patriotic.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Protesting Against The Killing Of Innocents By Boko Haram? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jan 08, 2012
Its a shame. We should have protested the boko haram killings and the callous allowances of political office holders instead
Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Protesting Against The Killing Of Innocents By Boko Haram? by Nchara: 5:55pm On Jan 08, 2012
sheyguy:

u dont av to call pple names if u cant put up a good arguement, there is a thread in support of my comment which is titled to some thing like "Why are some states protesting petrol subsidy removal when the oil producing states are not".
U guys called those expressing their anger on subsidy removal "parasites" and "illiterates i.e not enlightened enough" don't u think their protest on security issues will send out the signal that they are the worse hit regions in BH crisis ? ? ?
If the igbos are pained let them turn to Gej they voted for massively, he is in charge and not the west/north.those in the ss/se shld come out and voice their their feelings out. Afterall one good turn deserves another.

Where is your proof that Igbos are not among those protesting in several places? Until you provide such proof, suht the fukc up. Okay?

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Embassy Prank Call: Lol! / Oyo State Legislator Wives Travel To London To Learn How To Make Sandwich / David Mark Laid Bare By Rudolf Okonkwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.