Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,864 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai (17914 Views)

Untold Story Of How 21 Nigerians Made First List. / Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Gear Up For Showdown Against Buhari / Electing Buhari As President, Disaster For Africa – ex US Envoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by Akainzo(m): 11:14am On Jan 08, 2012
logica:

Apart from the fact that I have a special dislike for military and ex military people, the apparent tribalism of the northerners in the last election was enough reason for me to oppose all northerners.

Here's an example:

I know of a Sudanese married to a northerner and who lives in Lagos. Initially she was supporting Babangida. When Babangida lost the prelim I expected her to stick to a political ideology and PDP then support GEJ. To my surprise she switched to Buhari. I pointedly asked her why her support was more along tribal lines than political. Her response was a jumble of words like a crack addict on withdrawal; it made no sense. I then noticed she wasn't the only northerner acting in this manner.

I didn't know any northerners supporting southern candidates; but I knew lots of southern (so called progressives) supporting northerners, and it wasn't as if there were no good southern candidates. There was therefore no way in hell I'd support a northerner.

Now he's talking about Buhari; well Utomi would've been better than Buhari. Shikena.

Your attemp at peddling lies is so nauseating and very much illogical.

So Jonathan won the PDP primaries without any Northerner supporting him a  Southerner, or he won the elections without Northerners voting for him? You might want to compare the spread of votes in the Northern states with those in the Southern states, you will definitely learn a lot about which region is more sentimental about tribe or religion.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by EPOMA(m): 11:16am On Jan 08, 2012
pasthedutc:

OIL BARRONS SUBSIDY CARTEL NAMES AND FACES AND HOW THEY STOLE NIGERIA FUTURE
Fuel Subsidy Scam: Senate Releases Names Of Cabal.

By SaharaReporters, New York
Oando Oil, CONOIL, African Petroleum and MRS Oil are among the powerful players in the petroleum sector that have shared over N3.655 trillion between 2006 and September 2011 in pursuit of importation of refined petroleum products.

This was revealed today in Abuja by the Nigerian Senate joint Committee on Petroleum (Downstream), Appropriation and Finance.

Senator Magnus Ibe, the chairman of the committee, also disclosed that some 100 companies in the downstream sector and in construction, shared over N1.426 trillion between January and August 2011 alone.

Oando Oil is owned by Wale Tinubu’s Oando; Mike Adenuga owns CONOIL, Femi Otedola owns AP, while MRS Oil is run by Aliko Dangote's brother, Sayyu Dantata. Other key players named today include Pinaccle Construction Ltd, as well as Integrated Oil and Gas, which is owned by a former Minister of the Interior, Capt. Emmanuel Iheanacho.

The full list, and their individual haul, as read out by Senator Abe, is as follows:
1. Oando Nigerian Plc. – N228.506 billion
2. MRS –N224.818 billion
3. Pinnacle Construction-N300 billion
4. Enak Oil & Gas –N19.684 billion
5. CONOIl – N37.960 billion
6. Bovas & Co. Nig. Ltd. – N5.685 billion,
7. Obat N85 billion and AP; N104.5billion.
8. Folawiyo Oil - N113.3 billion
9. 8.IPMAN Investment Limited- N10.9billion
10. ACON - N24.1billion
11. Atio Oil-N64.4billion
12. AMP- N11.4billion
13. Honeywell-N12.2billion
14. Emac Oil- N19.2billion
15. D.Jones Oil-N14.8billion;
16. Capital Oil - N22.4 billion
17. AZ Oil- N18.613billion
18. Eterna oil- N5.57 billion
19. Dozil oil- N3.375 billion
20. Fort oil-N8.582 billion.
21. Integrated Oil and Gas- N30.777 billion

With reference to 2011, the companies named by the Senate and the amount of money they have received this year alone include Otedola's African Petroleum, N104.58 billion; A.A. Rano, N1.14 billion; A.S.B, N3.16 billion; Arcon Plc, N24.116 billion; Aminu Resources, N2.3 billion; Avante Guard, N1.14 billion; Avido, N3.64 billion; Boffas and Company, N3.67 billion; and Brilla Energy, N960.3 million.

Others also listed are: DownStream Energy, N789.648 million; Dosil Oil and Gas, N3.375 billion; Inco Ray, N1.988 billion; Eternal, N5.574 billion; Folawiyo Energy, N113.32 billion; Frado International, N2.63 billion; First Deepwater Oil, N257.396 million; Heden Petrol, N693 million; Honeywell Petrol, N12.2 billion; Integrated oil, N30.777billion; AMP, N11.417 billion; Ascon, N5.271 billion; Channel Oil, N1.308 billion; Fort Oil, N8.582 billion; Enak Oil & Gas, N19.684 billion; IPMAN Investment Limited, N10.9 billion; Atio Oil, N64.4billion; AMP, N11.4billion; and Emac Oil, N19.2billion.

Findings by SaharaReporters correspondent indicate that in 2006, only MRS, TOTAL and OANDO were officially listed as beneficiaries of the fuel subsidy recognised by the Federal Government. The three companies were said to have been listed as “major marketers.”

In the following year, 2007, AP and MOBIL joined the three companies and became listed under the category of majors. The same year NIPCO was introduced and listed under the category of petrol depot owners. A new category of “independents” included some marketers who had no depots.

AITEO Energy Resources and TRIQUEST Energy were also added in 2007, bringing the total to eight beneficiaries of the fuel subsidy.

Our reporters gathered that the list of subsidy beneficiaries increased sharply in 2008, rising to of 23, including six majors. Also in 2008, CONOIL and NIPCO were joined by Capital Oil and Folawiyo Energy, under the category of depot owners.

The list of independents also increased from two in 2007 to 14 in 2008 as AITEO and TRIQUEST were said to have been joined by TONIQUE Oil services, IMAD Oil & Gas, Integrated Oil and Gas, Rahamaniyya, AMG Petro Energy, Brittania, ACORN, A-Z Petroleum, SHIELD Petroleum and MAJOPE Investment Limited.

And in 2010, while the beneficiaries of the subsidy payment under the category of major marketers remained steady at six and the depot owners remained two, the list of independent marketers jumped up to 28, with the curious inclusion of many relatively unknown and unheard-of companies.

Competent sources said that the lion’s percentage of N1.426 trillion fuel subsidy for this year will go to Otedola's AP, Wale Tinubu's OANDO, TOTAL, Sayyu Dantata's MRS and And Mike Adenuga's CONOIL.

My main  concern with Goodluck in all this is  I can not trust his government Becos Otedola , Dantata,Dongote are part his economic team and their companies got the biggest share of the subsidy last year. I have been telling people that they are up to something after the election, even at the recess in Obudu, you could Femi Otedola following Goodluck everywhere.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by reindeer: 11:20am On Jan 08, 2012
ajadek:

i wish buhari to rule this country again.for a leader to built 3 refineery withount taking anything for masses like subsidy removal,bokoharam,kidnaping,army rubry, god make this tenure be the end of pdp in nigeria.

Thanks for this!
The only people against Buhari's candidacy are those who either benefit from the status quo or unable to rise above their basal Religious or ethnic sentiments.
The man remains our best option at least for now. I for one would have felt Ribadu will be better but for his cosy relationship to Bola Tinubu. . . .
GEJ was never an option and should never have been for any right thinking person but again, not everyone can rise beyond petty sentiments.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by alarm4: 11:23am On Jan 08, 2012
Guyz , pls check this out, :-XBoko Haram people don't wear jeans. They wear Kaftan and their trousers are like this (folding his trouser to demonstrate the kind of trousers the Boko Haram members wear). There are people that are claiming to be Boko Haram and they are not because nobody knows who is Boko Haram. So anyone can make the claim. I think that what we have in Boko Haram and other insurgencies is not only Boko Haram.
HOW COME THIS SHAMELESS IDIOT KNW ABT THIS, X (Boko Haram people don't wear jeans), NA WA OHHH, maybe na him brothers, i thinks so and he feeds thm,
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by Akainzo(m): 11:26am On Jan 08, 2012
karl max:

For those Abokis that come here to spread propoganda that buhari built nigeria refinenary pls read "The Federal Government financially buoyed by these large earnings from oil had embarked on a very large number of projects including a Iron & Steel Industry, road and bride construction projects, and two grassroots refinery projects.

Pls Ʊ people should stop turning our history just to prove to us that your religious bigot leader and a muslim terrorist,  Infact is during his Time that the nnpc was coverted to the northerners private property by employing incompetent northerners that mismanaged and distroyed nnpc and the refineries

I shake my head at your reasoning abilities. As you can see, I removed your narrative of what happened. Now tell me, who was in charge while all this your narrative about what happened was going on? Was it Ironsi, Shagari or GeJ?

You are an example of the failings of the educational system.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by EPOMA(m): 11:28am On Jan 08, 2012
alarm4:

Guyz , pls check this out,  :-XBoko Haram people don't wear jeans. They wear Kaftan and their trousers are like this (folding his trouser to demonstrate the kind of trousers the Boko Haram members wear). There are people that are claiming to be Boko Haram and they are not because nobody knows who is Boko Haram. So anyone can make the claim. I think that what we have in Boko Haram and other insurgencies is not only Boko Haram.
HOW COME THIS SHAMELESS  KNW ABT THIS, X (Boko Haram people don't wear jeans), NA WA OHHH, maybe na him brothers, i thinks so and he feeds thm,

For some of the ignorant people about  this, most islamic sect or fanatics do dress like their Prophet and as such they dress as el rufai describe it, he does need to be a boko haram , being a Moslem is enough for him to know this
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by iyobs7(f): 11:31am On Jan 08, 2012
You all should shut up and do better things with your time because when you have the opportunity of meeting these people one on one to challenge them, you will end up licking the dust from their shoes!!! Grow up angry angry angry . we have people who spoke of how bad a govt was but after they got one appointment or the other they all adjusted, This is pure joblessness, Go and lick stew or better still hug transformer!!!
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by member479760: 11:36am On Jan 08, 2012
BEAF should have been jobless by now!
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by luluosas(m): 11:49am On Jan 08, 2012
Hmm! How much more will I say? You 've said it all Malam El-Rufai. It is a known fact that, Goodluck Jonathan, a stooge and a weakling, has no business of stepping into so rock, let alone being a president in the first place. But, because we have been brainwashed with religious sentiments, Nigerians, particularly we the Christian South, became very blind in determining our future. I remembered when I was pleading with my father during the elections, to vote Buhari, all he said was that, it has been long since the Hausa people have been ruling, therefore, (o vbi ma) our OWN should be given the presidency. I tried to convinced him then why Buhari was a far better candidate but, he was adamant because, his mind was settled on Jonathan. The reason he choosed Jonathan then was not that he can deliver, but because he is a Christian and from South - South. So, on new year day, after reading the removal of fuel subsidy on the net by the PPPRA, I immediately put a call to my father, telling him that, Jonathan has increased the price of petrol to N141 a litre. Do you know what he said? He said God will punished Jonathan. I asked, how? He said because Jonathan deceived them. I now reminded him that, I warned them against towing this line during the elections, they never listened. See where goodluck has landed us all now! Therefore, Buhari was, and he is still the best candidate today. #OccupyNigeria
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by jmaine: 11:50am On Jan 08, 2012
Buhari indeed . . . . Buhari is a failed project . . .His disciples should look else where for an hero . .
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by LEXYLOV: 12:02pm On Jan 08, 2012
People like @Beaf @Rad1cal @ BlackPikiN@ mikeansy etc, Are the enemy of their own people. Simply because they are just religion or sect fanatics. Must you elect a leader because he is from particular tribe or religion   Have you guys ever think about your future or your children future before you are saying all this ? What rubbish did this man talk ? Only a foolish nigerian like them will still been supporting their ceremonial presido while the whole masses are crying foul. Yes 100% sure Buhari would have surprise the world by now if allow to rule. Can you compare GEN Buhari to your mumudu badluck Jonathan who was brought to aso rock by the national committee of thieves and looter to overseen their rein of terror and stealing spree. If Buhari had won that election GEJ himself would have been in a cooler by now or in exile and so for many uncountable national thieves who are still down there ruling. If all of you are too young to know more fact about Gen Buhari I urge you to visit your elders for history or the some real time internet research. Nigerians make a very big mistake and now they are paying dearly for it . Yes your uncle come from SS or whatever now see yourself. Which country in the world looking at tribes or religion sect to elected their leader. Unless a daft country like a Nigeria simply because many people there are just too biased toward unity. Until that day when we believe that we are one Nigeria and we should elect leader based on his/her intelligence and good profiles then we shall remain sinking like titanic ship. lipsrsealed
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by karlmax2: 12:04pm On Jan 08, 2012
Quote from: karl max on Today at 09:57:06 AM

For those Abokis that come here to spread propoganda that buhari built nigeria refinenary pls read "The Federal Government financially buoyed by these large earnings from oil had embarked on a very large number of projects including a Iron & Steel Industry, road and bride construction projects, and two grassroots refinery projects.

Pls Ʊ people should stop turning our history just to prove to us that your religious bigot leader and a muslim terrorist,  Infact is during his Time that the nnpc was coverted to the northerners private property by employing incompetent northerners that mismanaged and distroyed nnpc and the refineries

I shake my head at your reasoning abilities. As you can see, I removed your narrative of what happened. Now tell me, who was in charge while all this your narrative about what happened was going on? Was it Ironsi, Shagari or GeJ?

thats how educated people like u distort fact to suit ur dillusions,,,  read the following

Feasibility studies were first undertaken by BEICIP, an international oil and gas consulting firm from Paris , in 1974 for the Federal Government. The objectives were to establish the demand and consumption patterns of petroleum products. These studies were also used to determine the size of a new refinery to be constructed. Following a tendering exercise involving international engineering contractors, a contract was awarded to Snamprogetti Spa of Milan , Italy , in 1975. The contract was for the design, procurement and construction of a new grassroots petroleum refinery in Warri. The design capacity of the refinery was 100,000 b/d, and the lump sum cost was $478 million, for project duration of 30 months.Â
This project was completed in 1978.

PLS ANSWER THIS UNEDUCATED MAN THE FOLLOWING QUESTION

1, WAS THE 1974 FEDERAL GOVERNMENT BUHARIS GOVERNMENT?

THATS HOW U PEOPLE WOULD BE TELLING BLANTANT LIES AND PROPOGANDA
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by queensmith: 12:08pm On Jan 08, 2012
I dont agree with this, these are just losers trying to use the opportunity to score political points, left in thier hands I do not at all believe Buhari will have done any better. He has had his chance to rule the country and every past leader should take an adequate amount of responsiblity for the mess we call Nigeria today.
Had any of these politians set in systems to make further corruption impossible the soo called Cabal (who the same buharu handed power over to) will not be able to steal soo much.

He should keep quiet,
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by karlmax2: 12:18pm On Jan 08, 2012
Akainzo (m)
Naija

Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai
« #100 on: Today at 11:26:20 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pls Ʊ people should stop turning our history just to prove to us that your religious bigot leader and a muslim terrorist, Infact is during his Time that the nnpc was coverted to the northerners private property by employing incompetent northerners that mismanaged and distroyed nnpc and the refineries

"Feasibility studies were first undertaken by BEICIP, an international oil and gas consulting firm from Paris , in 1974 for the Federal Government. The objectives were to establish the demand and consumption patterns of petroleum products. These studies were also used to determine the size of a new refinery to be constructed. Following a tendering exercise involving international engineering contractors, a contract was awarded to Snamprogetti Spa of Milan , Italy , in 1975. The contract was for the design, procurement and construction of a new grassroots petroleum refinery in Warri. The design capacity of the refinery was 100,000 b/d, and the lump sum cost was $478 million, for project duration of 30 months.Â
This project was completed in 1978. The refinery commenced operation immediately thereafter.
A second new refinery was planned for the production of lubricating oil products, waxes and asphalt (for the road projects). This refinery which was located in Kaduna consisted of two refining streams, (50,000 b/d fuels units) and (50,000 b/d lubes, waxes Asphalt plants). The contract for the construction of the Kaduna Refinery was awarded in 1976 to Chiyoda Engineering and Construction Company of Japan, at the cost $525 million, for a project completion period of 36 months. The refinery was completed on schedule and was commissioned in later 1979. The existing products pipeline linking Warri Refinery to Kaduna was converted to pump crude oils for supply to the new Kaduna Refinery

AkAINZO SO BUHARI was in charge of THE FEDERAL GOVERMENT from 1974-1979. PLS STOP DISTORTING OUR HISTORY
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jan 08, 2012
They all say same things, once they get to Aso rock they act differently am sure Buhari is no saint either. This set of men are all evil and corrupt. Until they are all given Qaddafi-treatment Naija will never be any better.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by noiseless: 12:39pm On Jan 08, 2012
Yea!When it comes to oil,refineries and free way of making greedy living everyone shouts and claims "igbo,southsouth,southerner and christian,but when they mannaged to hook seized the power the next thing we ll be told ll be "owners of nigeria first".God must punish anyone who claims or uses igbo out of desperation and not out of respect and love.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by omo9ja1(m): 12:44pm On Jan 08, 2012
well said kudos to El-Rufai

The truth most be said

we blow our chance
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by Arosa(m): 12:48pm On Jan 08, 2012
If Buhari was elected he would have also removed the subsidy. The subsidy has to go sorry guys.  sad sad
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jan 08, 2012
The argument goes both ways

Anybody who says the reason I do not support Buhari is because of religious sentiments is invariably telling us that the reason they support Buhari is because Buhari is their fellow muslim. It is that simple!

I will find it very depressing to learn that in 2011 the best we can do as a country is a President Buhari.

If we call a general election today and Buhari stands again he will still fail. This man has no business standing for election. The very idea that he even takes part in the democratic process is a testament to the fact that we are not a serious Nation. This man does not believe in democracy and will never be elected a democratic President!
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by reindeer: 12:54pm On Jan 08, 2012
What i find really depressing is that Nigerians chose GEJ over Buhari, well, . . .enjoy! grin
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by Rad1cal: 1:03pm On Jan 08, 2012
LEXYLOV:

People like @Beaf @Rad1cal @ BlackPikiN@ mikeansy etc, Are the enemy of their own people. Simply because they are just religion or sect fanatics. Must you elect a leader because he is from particular tribe or religion  
I need to repeat what this to you. Elrufai is useless.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by Echepet(m): 1:15pm On Jan 08, 2012
we need to pray for this country of ours, God help us ooo
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jan 08, 2012
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jan 08, 2012
mikeansy:

The argument goes both ways

Anybody who says the reason I do not support Buhari is because of religious sentiments is invariably telling us that the reason they support Buhari is because Buhari is their fellow muslim. It is that simple!

I will find it very depressing to learn that in 2011 the best we can do as a country is a President Buhari.

If we call a general election today and Buhari stands again he will still fail. This man has no business standing for election. The very idea that he even takes part in the democratic process is a testament to the fact that we are not a serious Nation. This man does not believe in democracy and will never be elected a democratic President!
Don't twist logic.

If the reason you support Buhari is because of religious sentiments, what that invariably means is that whoever you're supporting is of a different religion from Buhari (GEJ-Christian). It doesn't mean the others support Buhari because he's a fellow muslim.

I find it depressing that 8 months after the election, the idiot you voted has done nothing to alleviate the state of the nation, and you still blindly support him, never criticising, You be zombie

A man who has lost 3 elections does not believe in Democracy. Ever heard of Abraham Lincoln?
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by BOUNTYDOG(m): 1:53pm On Jan 08, 2012
What I believe is buhari is behind Boko Harram to frustrate the GEJ's regime & the issue of fuel subsidy removal is a blackmail like a leverage placed on him with no good option but to dance to the tune of the cartels,that is why u see this kind of thread coming up cos I can't imagine wen we are faced with this much crises & all we can do is debate on opponents that lost election compared with one on seat.We are in a mafia country where sh"t is forced to happen.God help & see us through,we genuinely need a revolution to move on as expected,cos its very insane presently.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by goggs(m): 1:55pm On Jan 08, 2012
I used to be an El Rufai fan. I think he lost it on the answer for the boko haram question. instead of condemning the violence he is making excuses for the group. just like GEJ on the independence bomb blast he is absolving boko haram as if they denied any of the bombing and killing of innocent people! They didn't! they gleefully claimed responsibility. what? is elRufai part of them to know which target is theirs and which isn't?

what of the news that boko haram has split into groups? if wearing jeans will get them through check points to bomb wouldnt they? even when they say boko haram are they not using bombs and AK 47 rifles, using email, telephones? how much more of jeans to carry out their heinous crimes

what is key is that Islam is used in propagation of violence and I expected El Rufai to condemn it as he would any other violence by anyone else and not make excuses.

The silly man has exposed his bias. through out two weeks ago, all columnist in thisday newspapers were focusing on solutions to boko haram and fuel subsidy burning issues of violencethe day, El Rufai was behaving as if he wasn't in this country with his columns .

its in time of crisis that real men stand up to be counted, unfortunately El Rufai is not one of them. He no longer has my attention.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by iswell1(m): 2:09pm On Jan 08, 2012
Nigeria did not made a mistake by electing GEJ he is the right man.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jan 08, 2012
karl max:

Akainzo (m)
Naija

Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai
« #100 on: Today at 11:26:20 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Feasibility studies were first undertaken by BEICIP, an international oil and gas consulting firm from Paris , in 1974 for the Federal Government. The objectives were to establish the demand and consumption patterns of petroleum products. These studies were also used to determine the size of a new refinery to be constructed. Following a tendering exercise involving international engineering contractors, a contract was awarded to Snamprogetti Spa of Milan , Italy , in 1975. The contract was for the design, procurement and construction of a new grassroots petroleum refinery in Warri. The design capacity of the refinery was 100,000 b/d, and the lump sum cost was $478 million, for project duration of 30 months.Â
This project was completed in 1978. The refinery commenced operation immediately thereafter.
A second new refinery was planned for the production of lubricating oil products, waxes and asphalt (for the road projects). This refinery which was located in Kaduna consisted of two refining streams, (50,000 b/d fuels units) and (50,000 b/d lubes, waxes Asphalt plants). The contract for the construction of the Kaduna Refinery was awarded in 1976 to Chiyoda Engineering and Construction Company of Japan, at the cost $525 million, for a project completion period of 36 months. The refinery was completed on schedule and was commissioned in later 1979. The existing products pipeline linking Warri Refinery to Kaduna was converted to pump crude oils for supply to the new Kaduna Refinery

AkAINZO    SO BUHARI was in charge of THE FEDERAL GOVERMENT from 1974-1979. PLS STOP DISTORTING OUR HISTORY

Excellent question, only we can't get an answer from the Buhari faithfuls.

I am so tired of hearing about Buhari's incorruptibility, folks peddling this falsehood need to pick up a damn book already  angry angry angry
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jan 08, 2012
Of course if Buhari was elected, we won't have had Boko Haram. Obviously the same North who didn't create Boko Haram to fight Yaradua's kitchen govt, or IBB and Abacha corrupt ones would have supported their own. GEJ is making a mistake with the subsidy removal no doubt at this time, but El Rufai should just shut it with Buhari. And because of what the North is trying to do with Boko Haram, their days of ruling this nation is over.
Nigeria should be broken up or the centre weakened considerably. My suspicion is that GEJ wants Nigeria to break up so the Niger Delta will be free to manage it's own resources. If that's his plan, then he's on point. Nigeria has outlived it's usefullness.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by naijaking1: 3:04pm On Jan 08, 2012
goggs:

I used to be an El Rufai fan. I think he lost it on the answer for the boko haram question. instead of condemning the violence he is making excuses for the group. just like GEJ on the independence bomb blast he is absolving boko haram as if they denied any of the bombing and killing of innocent people! They didn't! they gleefully claimed responsibility. what? is elRufai part of them to know which target is theirs and which isn't?

what of the news that boko haram has split into groups? if wearing jeans will get them through check points to bomb wouldnt they? even when they say boko haram are they not using bombs and AK 47 rifles, using email, telephones? how much more of jeans to carry out their heinous crimes

what is key is that Islam is used in propagation of violence and I expected El Rufai to condemn it as he would any other violence by anyone else and not make excuses.

The silly man has exposed his bias. through out two weeks ago, all columnist in thisday newspapers were focusing on solutions to boko haram and fuel subsidy burning issues of violencethe day, El Rufai was behaving as if he wasn't in this country with his columns .

its in time of crisis that real men stand up to be counted, unfortunately El Rufai is not one of them. He no longer has my attention.

Thank you!
And the foo.lish man was supposed to have had a western education
It just tells that in Nigeria ethnic/religious sentiments trump everything. Can you imagine a prominent Republican consistently crying "American made a mistake not electing John Macain", instead of waiting for the next elections?
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by BlackPikiN(m): 3:53pm On Jan 08, 2012
El Rufai is a fanatic just like Buhari.
God will punish Buhari for watching his supporters kill innocent corpers.

El Rufai is a tribalist, corrupt and evil.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by BlackPikiN(m): 3:54pm On Jan 08, 2012
Rufai Ordered to Refund N10m

Abuja — The Senate has told the Minister of Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Malam Nasir El- Rufai to immediately refund the sum of N10 million which he illegally paid as salary to a youth corper who worked with him as Special Assistant, Dr. Mukhtar Abdul.

Dr. Mukhtar and Aisha Kolo were youth corpers posted to the office of the FCT minister and worked with him as special assistants. Aside from their monthly stipend of N7500 as corpers, Malam El-Rufai paid them N2 million each as salary at the ministry's expense, a scandal which jolted the National Assembly.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200411240793.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

EFCC Invites Abdulmumin Jibrin Over Budget Padding (Photo) / Emir Sanusi's case against Kano Govt, IG of Police, DSS re-opened / ‘840-0’ — APC’s Ododo Defeats Ajaka, Melaye At Yahaya Bello’s Polling Unit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.