Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:55 AM

What Would You Do If Your Were Goodluck Ebele Jonathan? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Would You Do If Your Were Goodluck Ebele Jonathan? (1009 Views)

How Would You Feel If You Were Goodluck Ebele Jonathan? / If I Were Goodluck Ebele Jonathan,i Would: / If You Were Goodluck Jonathan Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would You Do If Your Were Goodluck Ebele Jonathan? by chux76(m): 9:47am On Jan 08, 2012
With all the noise,insults,calls for impeachment etc. on our president concerning the various problems we are facing in this nation. I want to know if WE would have fared better in that position as the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Governance is not easy and being a leader is not easy either. Let us know steps you would have taken to tackle the various problems we are facing in the country.
Re: What Would You Do If Your Were Goodluck Ebele Jonathan? by Seun(m): 9:51am On Jan 08, 2012
I would return the subsidy with immediate effect, and work on eliminating the corruption in the process.
Re: What Would You Do If Your Were Goodluck Ebele Jonathan? by Nobody: 9:54am On Jan 08, 2012
the corruption that put him there in the first place?
Re: What Would You Do If Your Were Goodluck Ebele Jonathan? by maclatunji: 9:56am On Jan 08, 2012
Re: What Would You Do If Your Were Goodluck Ebele Jonathan? by Seun(m): 10:03am On Jan 08, 2012
oyb:

the corruption that put him there in the first place?
Do you have a better idea?
Re: What Would You Do If Your Were Goodluck Ebele Jonathan? by Nobody: 10:11am On Jan 08, 2012
Seun:

Do you have a better idea?

resign.

i think by now we have all had enough of this continuity

the man is too beholden to the pdp political machine

sadly though in line behind him - maybe even pushing him over the edge - is david mark
Re: What Would You Do If Your Were Goodluck Ebele Jonathan? by violent(m): 10:14am On Jan 08, 2012
I personally don't like Presidents who plan to eat a billion naira food's worth in a single year while expecting and pleading with the rest of the country to bear the pains of economic hardship!
Re: What Would You Do If Your Were Goodluck Ebele Jonathan? by Seun(m): 10:15am On Jan 08, 2012
@oyb: So VP Sambo can take over?  Wasn't Sambo put in power by the same "corruption"?
Re: What Would You Do If Your Were Goodluck Ebele Jonathan? by faithin9ja: 10:23am On Jan 08, 2012
@Seun

it's not possible to remove corruption in one move. In the area of subsidy for instance he corruption eats deep into the system, even the honest PMS importer if he does not settle NNPC, DPPR, customs, navy and a host of others he will not get his payment, even the bankers that finance the purchase of the PMS, that issue the letters of credit, they will take their cut.

Jonathan should arrest Oanado, Capital, Xenon, all the importers, he should clam down on hundreds of NNPC, ministry workers, he should arrest hundreds of customs officials, this is what  a clam down on corruption in this sector will mean.

What Jonathan should do is encourage the banks to give cheap loans to importers of PMS, to remove the hurdles so all the small boys in Lagos, PH, Abuja, Kano that have 'oil and gas' on their business cards can actually buy PMS at the real market rate and sell it.

Jonathan should give licences to all manner of refineries, whether micro or large scale and enable the owners buy the crude at the prevailing market rate and sell at what people will buy.

free up the market;it takes away the incentive to hoard and carry out corrupt practices - afterall did Nitel not hoard telephone lines?
Re: What Would You Do If Your Were Goodluck Ebele Jonathan? by nuclearboy(m): 10:32am On Jan 08, 2012
About 30 years ago, I read a story of an ibo chief who was so obsessed with a woman who didn't want him that AFTER she died, he slept with her corpse. The next ranking chief caught him at this and started blackmail collecting all his dues as head villager. His grandson wondered why grandpa brought nothing home again and eventually got the story from him. The BOY (child) advised him.

He was deliberately late to the next meeting and they has shared all the "bounty" before he arrived! When he came, he faked anger and screaming said " who do you think you are? How dare you slight me by taking my portion behind my back? I am the oldest, strongest and bravest here! I am SO brave that I even sleep with the dead! If anyone doubts me, let him speak and I will kill him on the spot".

Everyone kept quiet and he seized ALL the bounty (not even just his normal share) and went home. of course, no man could blackmail him after because he he gone further than they could go as regards blackmailing him!

GEJ got there via fradulence! It is time for him to come clean and break away from his masters! We will support "sincerity" and purpose, NOT rhetorics! If he can take the example above and behave like a man rather than listening to people trying to destroy him, people will actually emphatise with him and he will be able to move ahead.

Else this issue will be his doom! Quote me!!
Re: What Would You Do If Your Were Goodluck Ebele Jonathan? by efisher(m): 10:39am On Jan 08, 2012
Agreed corruption is a huge problem but saying "I will eliminate corruption" is similar to saying "I will kill the devil". Let's know how you intend to do it.
Re: What Would You Do If Your Were Goodluck Ebele Jonathan? by nuclearboy(m): 10:42am On Jan 08, 2012
^^

Stop being corrupt yourself.

If people know "Oga" won't tolerate it and that they are headed to jail if they indulge, they will grumble BUT kowtow
Re: What Would You Do If Your Were Goodluck Ebele Jonathan? by Nobody: 10:53am On Jan 08, 2012
Seun:

@oyb: So VP Sambo can take over?  Wasn't Sambo put in power by the same "corruption"?

oyb:

resign.

i think by now we have all had enough of this continuity

the man is too beholden to the pdp political machine

sadly though in line behind him - maybe even pushing him over the edge - is david mark

between the devil and the deep blue sea

another option - going by some of the stuff i've read , put sanusi in charge of NNPC/petroleum oversight.

get rid of alison madueke. sanusi's pushing for subsidy removal is because of the rot in te sector. with a man like him with oversight , and powers, the oils sector will get clean up and all these cabals and phantom importers will be outed

of course, we will see renaissance oil workes and the like, and a lot of crap about shariaist running nnpc into the ground - but we will be better for it.

ken nnamani sacrificed is political career to stop obj's 3rd term. he could have gone with the flow.

defend gej all you want, if he dos not do something radical, 5-10 years from now, he will be even more reviled than Abacha.

the socalled 25% reduction is not visible. sack 50% of the cabinet. provide a CLEAR AND CONCISE TEMPLATE that shows the reduction/slashing of ALL salaries, allowance, emoluments etc by 50- 70%.

scrap the budget and make a new one, one that is not an homage to profligrancy.

MOST IMPORTANT - walk the talk, and stop giving us lies, half truths and empty promises. we all remember the cement fiasco.

efisher:

Agreed corruption is a huge problem but saying "I will eliminate corruption" is similar to saying "I will kill the devil". Let's know how you intend to do it.

one has to wonder- perhaps efisher can explain the phrase

"do you want fresh air in nigeria?" or the promises of transformation.

nuclearboy:

^^

Stop being corrupt yourself.

If people know "Oga" won't tolerate it and that they are headed to jail if they indulge, they will grumble BUT kowtow

end of. but like wole soyinka said in a cbs interview - when the head is rotten, whatever goes on below should not be surprising.
Re: What Would You Do If Your Were Goodluck Ebele Jonathan? by Abagworo(m): 11:17am On Jan 08, 2012
If I were Jonathan, I would revert to 65 Naira to calm the system before things get out of hand. I will suspend the subsidy removal indefinitely.

The major action that will make him regain his popularity is by removing Ringim, head of customs and massive arrest of NNPC and Customs corrupt staff. If possible death penalty for those found guilty of manipulating subsidy figures.
Re: What Would You Do If Your Were Goodluck Ebele Jonathan? by roqchiq(f): 12:49pm On Jan 08, 2012
for starters,if i were gej,i wouldnt remove the subsidy,at least not now, with all the problems in the country. There are more serious issues, BH being the number one. And all these people who are earning more than some countries,should start earning less.

As e be sef,naija dey import fuel from some individuals for dis country, because wit d kind billions some people dey talk about like say na kobo, i feel say some individuals fit build d so called refinaries wey we need.

Abeg my people,if you know say you get refinery for obodo oyibo, abi na jand una dey call am, carry am come back for OUR NAIJA, you can't keep exporting fuel to your own country.

And by the way,if gej makes the mistake of reverting to N65, the same nigerians will call him weak, but he can suspend it,while he emplaces some measures that will cushion the effect,and speed up building refineries,if the people are going to suffer let it be for a short while, please.

And Mr gej, stop listening to those bunch of advisers you have there,and start acting like you once had no shoes!!!
Re: What Would You Do If Your Were Goodluck Ebele Jonathan? by UyiIredia(m): 12:54pm On Jan 09, 2012
Seun:

I would return the subsidy with immediate effect, and work on eliminating the corruption in the process.

Agree with the bolded. However, my next step will be to personally consult with stakeholders on addressing the issue of subsidy removal. This will go a long way in carrying everyone along on the process of subsidy removal.
Re: What Would You Do If Your Were Goodluck Ebele Jonathan? by otokx(m): 1:49pm On Jan 09, 2012
Abagworo has said most of it.
Re: What Would You Do If Your Were Goodluck Ebele Jonathan? by house37: 2:36pm On Jan 09, 2012
He is lucky to be d president of nigeria in this electronic age where he can sample opinion pools free of charge.simply feel d pain d subsidy removal is causing,revert d subsidy removal.in summary listen less to sychophants around and more to nigerians.

(1) (Reply)

North Ready For Nigeria’s Breakup–junaid Mohammed / Attempted Bombing Of Lagos Church / Nigerian Woman Flies To UK To Give Birth And Leaves Without Paying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.