Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,682 members, 7,955,528 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:22 AM

Prayer For Nigeria! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prayer For Nigeria! (5414 Views)

Prophecies For Nigeria By Prophet Olaye George / A Prayer For A Financial Blessing / A Prayer For Yourself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prayer For Nigeria! by oloriooko(m): 9:59pm On Jan 08, 2012
First of all, I encourage you to make petitions, prayers, intercessions, and prayers of thanks for all people,
for rulers, and for everyone who has authority over us. Pray for these people so that we can have a quiet and peaceful life always lived in a godly and reverent way. (1Ti 2:1-2 Gods Word Translation)

Its our duty to pray for our leaders instead of cursing them, our prayers can do a lot and we will not stop praying for them, so join me now:

Our heavenly Father we thank You for our land Nigeria and our rulers and pray that your Word will dominate their minds and disarm every spirit of selfishness making then selfless leaders to your people.
May they make policies and decisions that will bring lasting comfort to your people.
We pray that their minds are mantled by the Spirit of God to have genuine compassion for the people of the land they rule. They function in the wisdom of God that will guide them in making the right decisions for the progress and comfort of the people.
We pray for Nigeria at this crucial time that your peace will reign in the hearts of us all and in every part of our country.
We come against every demonic influence raising its ugly head to cause deaths of innocent citizens and we declare that as their gathering is not of God, they shall surely scatter, every form of boko aram demon controlling these people is rendered powerless and pronounced toothless, they are daily growing weak and confused thereby being exposed and extinguished.
We declare that the wrath of God is let loose on these evil doers and their sponsors and everyone that supports their demonic activities.
We declare that every child of God in this land dwells in divine safety and are protected from these demon infested group of boko aram.
We declare that our land is cleansed from the blood of innocent people and the peace of God garrisons our minds and hearts in Christ.
We bless Nigeria with the grace, glory and goodness of God.
We bless Nigeria with the anointing of God and ministry of angels.
We bless every inch of our land with productivity and peace.
We release the fountain of God's peace on every square inch of our land.
We declare that this situation caused by boko aram is turned around for the good of the gospel of Jesus Christ thereby causing the Word of God to spread like wildfire in every part of Nigeria.
We receive answers to these in Jesus name Amen!!!
Re: Prayer For Nigeria! by OmoPastor(m): 12:49am On Jan 09, 2012
Amen and God bless you sir and God bless Nigeria!
Re: Prayer For Nigeria! by newmi(m): 1:14pm On Jan 09, 2012
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If My people, who are called by My name, shall humble themselves, pray, seek, crave, and require of necessity My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land.
Prayer is the key and it takes sincere humility to get results with it
Re: Prayer For Nigeria! by LogicMind: 1:31pm On Jan 09, 2012
Cry harder. Shout Louder. Your deaf god is asleep. Mumu people.
Re: Prayer For Nigeria! by OmoPastor(m): 4:31pm On Jan 09, 2012
The FOOL says in his heart there is no God!
Re: Prayer For Nigeria! by LogicMind: 5:11pm On Jan 09, 2012
OmoPastor:

I agree with you.
The wise say it loud and clear.
Re: Prayer For Nigeria! by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jan 09, 2012
OmoPastor:

The FOOL is the person who wrote that verse. The FOOL obviously thought the heart was responsible for cognition. Primitive a$$clown!
Re: Prayer For Nigeria! by LogicMind: 6:11pm On Jan 09, 2012
"there is no art to find the mind’s construction in the face".

W. Shakespeare
Re: Prayer For Nigeria! by OmoPastor(m): 7:41pm On Jan 09, 2012
@ logic mind. dude i had no clue that your matter is almost hopeless, men you so lost that i almost gave up on you. anyway God still loves you dearly! its amazing!!!
Re: Prayer For Nigeria! by IdiAmin2(m): 8:46pm On Jan 10, 2012
Pray Pray Pray!!!
All the prayers you have been praying at for 20 years, where has it gotten you as a nation?

All the gatherings, crusades, I think the world record of crowd at a single event is in Nigeria in a crusade (I'm not sure if it's Rienhard Bonke crusade), fools will gather, pray pray pray, where did it get you? that is my question. No electricity, No fuel, no security, no leaders, no education - that is what years of prayer has gotten u to, and you still say Pray!

A fool is defined as a person who does the same thing over and over and expects a different result.

Countries like Norway, where the atheist party has majority seats in their Parliament and they dont pray like you people - they have a system that works and the people are well taken care of, standard of living is high and they dont have the problems that is drowning you people.

Food for thought, go and think with your head, cos your prayers will not achieve a thing.
Re: Prayer For Nigeria! by Judek2(m): 9:12pm On Jan 10, 2012
Idi-Amin:

Pray Pray Pray!!!
All the prayers you have been praying at for 20 years, where has it gotten you as a nation?

All the gatherings, crusades, I think the world record of crowd at a single event is in Nigeria in a crusade (I'm not sure if it's Rienhard Bonke crusade), fools will gather, pray pray pray, where did it get you? that is my question. No electricity, No fuel, no security, no leaders, no education - that is what years of prayer has gotten u to, and you still say Pray!

A fool is defined as a person who does the same thing over and over and expects a different result.

Countries like Norway, where the atheist party has majority seats in their Parliament and they dont pray like you people - they have a system that works and the people are well taken care of, standard of living is high and they dont have the problems that is drowning you people.

Food for thought, go and think with your head, cos your prayers will not achieve a thing.

I think as the world still exists,prayer must always exist. smiley
The world is imperfect,so we pray to survive in the imperfect world.
Re: Prayer For Nigeria! by LogicMind: 9:30pm On Jan 10, 2012
Idi Amin you might as well slam your head against a brick wall.

It goes like this:
god is powerful but he won't intervene because it will go against our freewill which he generously gave us so that we can choose between the good he created and evils he did not create even though he created everything including the imperfect man in his own perfect image. One day he realised that the imperfect image of his perfect self that he created is not so perfect after all and decided to send his son to these imperfect creatures to torture and kill. Why? Because a na.ked jewish babe ate an apple in a garden a few thousand years ago after speaking with a snake.

Reason with someone who believes that.
Even phsychiatric asylums may think twice before admitting such a person.
Re: Prayer For Nigeria! by 2good(m): 9:51pm On Jan 10, 2012
There is something called common sense and if you've worked in a multinational environment, After Action Review, where you analysed what you've been doing when there is a problem, look out for possible cause of the problem and put measure in place to prevent such problems from re occuring.
All Nigerians think of is praying and allowing few so call men of god to do the thinking for them because they want easy and quick fix solution to their problems. These so call men of god who are actually con men, take advantage of the docility of the black race because the black race have always refused to use their common sense to analyse problems around them to move forward. If at all there is a god, he has given you the most important thing you need to make your life better, which is your brain so its a pity that if you don't use the brain to make your life better, then you are actually a fool because no god will solve anything for you.
I cant understand how people will take the god of the people that brought slavery into their life serious. Millions of black race were sold into slavery and at thesame time converted to christianity, yet the the black man can not ask how it is possible for fellow men that brought such hatred and wickedness to them be worshiping a god that is as just and good as they claim.
American a nation founded on strict christian tenet had slavery till 1883 when president Abraham Lincoln emancipated the black race after a bloody civil water between the North and the Southern part of America and segregation existed after Emancipation Proclamation till the 1960's when the blacks actually matched into the street of America, to fight for their rights, under the leadership of Reverend Martin Luther King Jr.
Now back to the main issue, what have we achieved with all the praying and fasting we've been doing for the last 60years? Nothing to show for it. When Nigeria was less religious during the colonial era, there was a reasonable level of development compared to now that it is a completely religious nation (mainly christianity and Islam)
Most Europeans have long abandon the god they brought to Africans because it prevented them from progressing as a people for centuries because it prevented free thinking viz-a-viz common rules and teachings of the church and the result is there for all to see. Enough with praying and fasting because it is a complete waste of precious time and energy, instead the time spent in the church and mosque praying should be used thinking deeply on how best to solve your problem and work accordingly
Re: Prayer For Nigeria! by OmoPastor(m): 10:23am On Jan 11, 2012
@ idi-amin & logic mind.

What are you guys doing to help the nation at this trying time? All i can see you guys doing is talking down those that are actually doing something - praying!!!.

You guys are just talkers with no action, you have contributed nothing to the nation, all you do is quote rubbish that's not helping.

If you disagree with prayers, stop talking it down and do something!!! your disagreement with prayers does not change or stop us from praying cos we can only pray more.
Re: Prayer For Nigeria! by OmoPastor(m): 10:34am On Jan 11, 2012
@ 2good

There is something called common sense and if you've worked in a multinational environment, After Action Review, where you analysed what you've been doing when there is a problem, look out for possible cause of the problem and put measure in place to prevent such problems from re occuring.
we know this, so do not rub it in our faces!

All Nigerians think of is praying and allowing few so call men of god to do the thinking for them because they want easy and quick fix solution to their problems.
You do not even have the slightest knowledge of what prayer is all about, so you missed it there!

These so call men of god who are actually con men,
what a confused soul you are. is your father a con man? or should i ask, are you sure you are not the con man?

take advantage of the docility of the black race because the black race have always refused to use their common sense to analyse problems around them to move forward.
you are a stupid racist who should live among animals. its evident you are totally disillusioned.

If at all there is a god, he has given you the most important thing you need to make your life better, which is your brain so its a pity that if you don't use the brain to make your life better, then you are actually a fool because no god will solve anything for you.
dude you are not even sure of what you are saying. you are confused and contradicting yourself! God gave you the brain which he expects you to use. so you actually agree that God gave us brain.

, to be continued
Re: Prayer For Nigeria! by 2good(m): 11:20am On Jan 11, 2012
^^^^^^^^
For your information, I am black and so cannot be a racist against my own skin colour. But it is a pity that the so called common sense is so hard for people to use, and you are definitely one of those people that allow others to think for them hence making your brain to be a waste. If saying the truth makes me a racist, then fine. Let it be so.
The nigerian problem is caused by people like you who go to the church to pray and fast all the time and live a life that completely contradict what the basics of christianity is suppose to stand for. I'm sorry that if you dont see reason to use your common sense to help your life, then I cannot do anything about that because we all choose how we want our future to be like so stop deceining yourself with prayer because it is a waste of time.
Re: Prayer For Nigeria! by mabell: 11:23am On Jan 11, 2012
The effective and fervent prayer of a righteous man maketh tremendous power available, dynamic in its working
Re: Prayer For Nigeria! by LogicMind: 11:40am On Jan 11, 2012
OmoPastor:

@ idi-amin & logic mind.

What are you guys doing to help the nation at this trying time? All i can see you guys doing is talking down those that are actually doing something - praying!!!.

You guys are just talkers with no action, you have contributed nothing to the nation, all you do is quote rubbish that's not helping.

If you disagree with prayers, stop talking it down and do something!!! your disagreement with prayers does not change or stop us from praying cos we can only pray more.

We are trying to let people know that their problems will significantly reduce when they stop believing in jewish fairy tales and start using their heads to tackle their problems. The more they pray the worse off we are. Common sense should indicate that it's not working.

I have yet to meet one person who has solved any problems through praying, fasting or gnashing of teeth.
Re: Prayer For Nigeria! by OmoPastor(m): 11:40am On Jan 11, 2012
@ 2good
For your information, I am black and so cannot be a racist against my own skin colour. But it is a pity that the so called common sense is so hard for people to use, and you are definitely one of those people that allow others to think for them hence making your brain to be a waste. If saying the truth makes me a racist, then fine. Let it be so.
The nigerian problem is caused by people like you who go to the church to pray and fast all the time and live a life that completely contradict what the basics of christianity is suppose to stand for. I'm sorry that if you dont see reason to use your common sense to help your life, then I cannot do anything about that because we all choose how we want our future to be like so stop deceining yourself with prayer because it is a waste of time.

What have you done with your so called common sense to help this country? How has your common sense helped people around you?

I know you are very blind: Eph 4:18 (God's Word translation)  They can't understand because they are in the dark. They are excluded from the life that God approves of because of their ignorance and stubbornness., but i would have loved to help you out of your present predicament.

If prayer is a waste of time to you, then stop praying but do not stop others from praying too!!! You do not have the slightest clue of what prayer is. Its very unfortunate that you are the other side of this matter but i know you will come out of it.

We shall keep praying for 9ja until we see our desires come to pass and God's will firmly established, so bro you are about to see the efficacy of prayers, just keep watching. wink
Re: Prayer For Nigeria! by OmoPastor(m): 11:46am On Jan 11, 2012
@ logic mind
We are trying to let people know that their problems will significantly reduce when they stop believing in jewish fairy tales and start using their heads to tackle their problems. The more they pray the worse off we are. Common sense should indicate that it's not working.
I have yet to meet one person who has solved any problems through praying, fasting or gnashing of teeth.

I appreciate your "concern" but how many people have you met? And you are not being honest with that your last statement.

On the other hand, I have met so many people that have solved many (if not all) problems through praying. Bro, you need a complete tutorial on prayer if you really want to learn and i will gladly do that if you oblige me.
Re: Prayer For Nigeria! by LogicMind: 11:52am On Jan 11, 2012
Example of a problem prayer has solved then, please.
Re: Prayer For Nigeria! by 2good(m): 12:00pm On Jan 11, 2012
@ OmoPastor
FYI, I stopped praying about 17years ago, when I started reasoning from thesame common sense i have been talking about since and today so many Nigerians will crave to live the good life I live today without wasting my time on prayer, but instead doing the right things I need to make my life better. I cannot not force you to help yourself live a better life since you have made up your mind that the only solution to your problem is prayer and not critical thinking of the cause of your problems and using hard work to solve them.
If you are all not ready to make your life better by trying something different from what you've been doing for the last 60years, I will not force you to.
How can you call yourself a christian and open your mouth to insult people with dissenting views from yours when all you needed to do was to give them reasons to see sense in what you're saying? But I guess you have no reasonable answer to any of the questions you give categorical answer to thats why you resort to insult.
Re: Prayer For Nigeria! by OmoPastor(m): 12:23pm On Jan 11, 2012
@ logic mind
Example of a problem prayer has solved then, please.

This is a personal testimony:
My daughter was admitted for weeks in National Hospital Abuja for kidney problem has shown by the numerous tests carried out. There was no solution and my baby girl was gradually growing weak and dying. I had spent almost a N1M yet without any improvement.
Then i heard about Healing School of Christ Embassy and gave it a shot. My daughter was about 3yrs old when she came down with the sickness but after attending the healing school, she was totally healed and now she is 6yrs old, hale and healthy.

I have numerous ones in my life that the books on NL cannot contain cos my Jesus is very much alive!!!

Please give me an example of problem prayer has not been able to solve.
Re: Prayer For Nigeria! by LogicMind: 12:30pm On Jan 11, 2012
Healing School of Christ Embassy?

I give up.
You are hopeless.
Re: Prayer For Nigeria! by LogicMind: 12:31pm On Jan 11, 2012
If your story is really true then I will give you a word of advise. Have your daughter rechecked as some sicknesses may lie dormant and if nothing is done come back years later and you'd be worse for it.
Re: Prayer For Nigeria! by OmoPastor(m): 12:56pm On Jan 11, 2012
@ 2good
FYI, I stopped praying about 17years ago,
maybe you needed to know what prayer is really about cos you actually prayed before!

when I started reasoning from the same common sense i have been talking about since and today so many Nigerians will crave to live the good life I live today without wasting my time on prayer, but instead doing the right things I need to make my life better.
we all have this common sense and we all use it even though to different degree. if you thought your common sense gave you what you thing most 9jas will crave for today, boy, you totally missed it. And what is this good life sef?

since you have made up your mind that the only solution to your problem is prayer and not critical thinking of the cause of your problems and using hard work to solve them.
you made a serious mistake thinking knowing God suspends your mind. critical thinking is part of why God gave us the brain. i will post something very soon that will explain to you more about this knowledge stuff. watch out for it.

I did not insult you, its just the truth bro no offence.
Re: Prayer For Nigeria! by LogicMind: 12:59pm On Jan 11, 2012
Actually, I won't give up on you because I know that deep inside you, you have questions and doubts but are looking for answers. Except you are looking at the wrong places. Have you ever heard of placebo and nocebo effects? Humans are so complex that simple belief that something might affect one sometimes actually make that thing affect them. This has been scientifically proven. When drugs are tested, some people are given water and told that that water would cure their ailments. Some of them actually get better after drinking the water. Religous con men has been exploiting these scientific fact to their own benefits. Open your eyes.
Re: Prayer For Nigeria! by OmoPastor(m): 1:01pm On Jan 11, 2012
@ logic mind
Healing School of Christ Embassy?
do you have a problem with this?  shocked

I give up.
sorry oooooooo.  sad sad sad

You are hopeless.
seriously? i thought we were discussing not cursing? but dude i pray it won't be too late for you to realize that you are the guy in a hopeless situation with solution staring you in the face but refusing to take it!
Re: Prayer For Nigeria! by OmoPastor(m): 1:09pm On Jan 11, 2012
@ logic mind
Actually, I won't give up on you because I know that deep inside you, you have questions and doubts but are looking for answers.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
my bible is the final authority on anything in my life so even when i have questions, the bible is always there for me and i have never been disappointed.

Except you are looking at the wrong places.
you mean from you?

Religious con men has been exploiting these scientific fact to their own benefits.
you think so? have you ever heard of the ministry of the Holy Ghost, the creative power of God? look out for my next new post on this.
Re: Prayer For Nigeria! by LogicMind: 1:15pm On Jan 11, 2012
Or maybe you are one of the con men and I'm trying to put sand for your garri.
Re: Prayer For Nigeria! by oloriooko(m): 1:28pm On Jan 11, 2012
@ logic mind
Or maybe you are one of the con men and I'm trying to put sand for your garri.

now because someone is not on the page with you that now makes him a con man? is that what your critical thinking teaches you?
Re: Prayer For Nigeria! by LogicMind: 1:46pm On Jan 11, 2012
oloriooko:

@ logic mind
now because someone is not on the page with you that now makes him a con man? is that what your critical thinking teaches you?

Please go back to school and learn how to read and understand english.

"Maybe you are" does not mean "you are".

(1) (2) (Reply)

Christian's Are The Richest Men In The World / Read And Write Fluent English (ADULT EDUCATION) / Jesus Lied :'(

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.