Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,807 members, 7,844,616 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Nigerian Beggars Join Exodus Out Of Country - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Beggars Join Exodus Out Of Country (3232 Views)

Kaduna Beggars Defy Government Orders, Return To Streets(PICTURE) / Kaduna Beggars Protest Ban By Government (Photo) / Mass Exodus Hits Hausa (northern) Community In Bayelsa State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Beggars Join Exodus Out Of Country by ektbear: 7:13am On Jan 09, 2012
I highly doubt that to be true in the US. Do you have any data to back it up?

In areas where Yoruba pre-dominate, yes, you'll hear of more incidents involving them.

But in areas where Igbos pre-dominate, you'll hear of incidents. And given that the population of the latter is higher than that of the former in the US. . .

In Asia, 90% of the time when you hear of a Nigerian being executed or jailed it will be an Igbo (least, this is my impression based on any crime-related articles I hear about from there)
Re: Nigerian Beggars Join Exodus Out Of Country by Nchara: 7:16am On Jan 09, 2012
ekt_bear:

I highly doubt that to be true in the US. Do you have any data to back it up?

In areas where Yoruba pre-dominate, yes, you'll hear of more incidents involving them.

But in areas where Igbos pre-dominate, you'll hear of incidents. And given that the population of the latter is higher than that of the former in the US. . .

In Asia, 90% of the time when you hear of a Nigerian being executed or jailed it will be an Igbo (least, this is my impression based on any crime-related articles I hear about from there)

Most Igbos in the US are decent. Take that to the bank. In Asia you are right but like I said Yorubas are also there. Watch an example. I can get more.

http://afrocosmopolitan.com/2012/01/05/caught-on-video-nigerian-con-men-419-in-malaysia/
Re: Nigerian Beggars Join Exodus Out Of Country by Nchara: 7:19am On Jan 09, 2012
Police on Sunday arrested two Nigerian nationals from the upscale Jubilee Hills area in Hyderabad on a charge of drug peddling, and recovered 8 grams of cocaine from them.

Police team raided a place near Durgam Cheruvu main gate and apprehended Sakiry Oladotum Akinsola and Okechnkwu Ohazurike, said Inspector K Narsing Rao.

"The duo was nabbed as they arrived there to deliver cocaine to a customer. Police recovered 8 grams of it from their possession," he said.

Sakiry, who lives in Hyderabad, supplied spare parts to Nigeria. "He himself took cocaine, which he bought from `Jackson', a Ugandan national, Rao said.

Okechnkwu knew some cocaine buyers in the city, and Sakiry gave him a share of profits for getting customers.
About the Author

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/two-nigerian-drug-peddlers-arrested-india
Re: Nigerian Beggars Join Exodus Out Of Country by ektbear: 7:19am On Jan 09, 2012
Most may be decent. But this is probably true of any group in the world, and doesn't detract from the main point.
Re: Nigerian Beggars Join Exodus Out Of Country by Nchara: 7:21am On Jan 09, 2012
http://www.nigeriamoviesreview.com/news/nollywood-actor-was-arrested-in-south-delhi-with-10-grams-of-cocaine/

NOLLYWOOD ACTOR WAS ARRESTED IN SOUTH DELHI WITH 10 GRAMS OF COCAINE;

One of the Nigerians, who were arrested by Special Cell of Delhi Police 10 days ago for running a cocaine racket in south Delhi, has turned out to be a famous Nigerian actor. According to the police, Akanbi Olamilekan Mohammed (30) revealed during interrogation that he has acted in several movies an d had come to India for a film-making course.

Three people, including two Nigerian nationals, were arrested on March 30 and 122 grams of the contraband were seized from their possession.

“We had first arrested a businessman who told police that Akanbi used to supply cocaine to him. Akanbi was later held with 10 grams of premium quality cocaine from Saket. He told us about his acting career and that he acted in four movies,” said a senior police officer who didn’t want to be named.
Re: Nigerian Beggars Join Exodus Out Of Country by Rhino5dm: 7:22am On Jan 09, 2012
Oh! really? Damn you halfwits!
I ask you a simple question and you went ranting like a headless chicken, only to come up with loads and loads of Bunkum! Balderdash!! Bull craps!!! I told you about starts in all our local brothels and see whether you wont return Igbo girls as the highest. And my concern goes like this. . .why are guys claiming to be rich while all your women are being shared with goats, cows and pigs all over Nigeria and north in particular?

I ask you about money ritualist and you went dumb! Classic.

What about clinics where babies are bought and sold like chicken, all over the SE? Any word on that?

Kidnapping nko?

Armed robbery nko? Very recent we saw on CNN how some Igbo boys took arms and form mercenaries to fight for Gaddafi against the Libyan people? Cold hearted animals!

Surely, today is fools day. I indulge all Nairalander to be entertain by this fool in chief. Nights of thousands foolishness, indeed.!

Nchara:

From what I know it is safe to conclude that

majority of Nigerians in prison in the UK and USA are Yorubas (awon credit card and visa scam boys)
Majority in China and Asia are Igbos
Majority in the midle East are northern muslims.

No ethnic group in Nigeria can condemn another for crime. We are all involved equally.
Re: Nigerian Beggars Join Exodus Out Of Country by Nchara: 7:23am On Jan 09, 2012
Kolawole Michelle, Nigerian national arrested in India with 185 credit cards
By Staff K 24/10/2011 13:45:00
Font size: Decrease font Enlarge font
Comments
4SHARE
Kolawole Michelle, Nigerian national arrested in India with 185 credit cards

A Nigerian national and a Mumbai-based Indian trader have been arrested in the Indian city of Mumbai for allegedly running an international racket of cloning credit cards and using it for shopping on the internet, the city’s Crime Branch officials said yesterday.

Kolawole Michelle from Nigeria and Surjeet Singh from Mumbai were arrested on Saturday with 185 blank credit cards, credit card printer and reader, laptop computer and other equipment used for cloning credit cards, they said.

During interrogation, the accused persons said they had got the cloned credit cards from a gang run by a Nigerian based in Mumbai, which were sent through a local angadia (a form of courier service), police said.

Following a tip-off that two persons, including a Nigerian, were hiding near Sarangpur area, police raided the place and arrested the duo. They have been booked under section 465, 467, 468 (forgery) and 120 B (criminal conspiracy) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) and section 66 and 65 of the Information Technology Act.

Last week, Mumbai’s city crime branch arrested four persons with 53 cloned credit cards of various banks.

http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/headlines/117044-kolawole-michelle-nigerian-national-arrested-in-india-with-185-credit-cards.html
Re: Nigerian Beggars Join Exodus Out Of Country by Nchara: 7:23am On Jan 09, 2012
Yorubas are well represented in Asia. I can go on and on with examples.
Re: Nigerian Beggars Join Exodus Out Of Country by Nchara: 7:26am On Jan 09, 2012
Rhinoceros
There are as many kidnappers in Yorubaland as there are in Igboland
What does gbomogbomo mean?
Do you want examples? I can supply, you know.

How many Igbos have been kidnapped in Yorubaland?

As for rituals, you are the masters. We only learned from you. Your Obas have to eat human flesh. Don't be dumb.
Re: Nigerian Beggars Join Exodus Out Of Country by Nchara: 7:28am On Jan 09, 2012
The main difference between Igbo and Yoruba kidnappers is that Igbo kidnappers (and some Yoruba kidnappers too) kidnap the rich to extort them
Many Yoruba kidnappers kidnap the poor and use them for money making rituals.
Re: Nigerian Beggars Join Exodus Out Of Country by Nchara: 7:31am On Jan 09, 2012
Have you forgotten what happened to the bodies of the 2005 Belview plane crash in Lisa, Ogun state? They were harvested and used for rituals. Do some googling or I can help you do it.
Re: Nigerian Beggars Join Exodus Out Of Country by Nchara: 7:32am On Jan 09, 2012
If you see 100 Igbo armed robbers, you will see 1000 Yoruba armed robbers. This is common knowledge. What do you think all those Yoruba touts do in the Night?
Re: Nigerian Beggars Join Exodus Out Of Country by ektbear: 7:33am On Jan 09, 2012
If you want to do this scientifically. . .

you could probably start from typing the term "drug nigerian asia" into Google News (and variants thereof.) This will give you access to news articles for the past many years.

You can then count how many incidents involving Yoruba names appear, and same for Igbo.

And of course do this exercise for the US, UK, Canada, etc.

I think that the end result of this would be:

Asia => Igbo criminals predominate
UK => Yoruba criminals
East Coast, US => Yoruba criminals
Southern US => Igbo
West Coast => Igbo

Actually, I suppose rather than counting manually you could write a script to do this for you.

If anyone has the time and interest, please write this script, run it, and report your findings.
Re: Nigerian Beggars Join Exodus Out Of Country by Nchara: 7:36am On Jan 09, 2012
Rhinoceros I asked a pertinent question here. Can you answer it?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-815047.0.html
Re: Nigerian Beggars Join Exodus Out Of Country by ACM10: 11:44am On Jan 09, 2012
grin grin grin

[size=16pt]Nchara taking two Yoruba supremacists(ekt_bear and Rhino.5dm) to the cleaner's[/size]
Re: Nigerian Beggars Join Exodus Out Of Country by Arosa(m): 12:16pm On Jan 09, 2012
foolish tribalists!
Re: Nigerian Beggars Join Exodus Out Of Country by ektbear: 5:37pm On Jan 09, 2012
Lol. I may or may not be a supremacist, but nobody has taken me to the cleaner's in this thread.

If anything the opposite.

Then again, we cannot expect much sense from ACM10. . . was this not the same guy crying about Kats?
Re: Nigerian Beggars Join Exodus Out Of Country by Nchara: 12:11am On Jan 10, 2012
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-272548.0.html

Largest Nigerian Id Theft Enterprise Busted In New York
« on: May 15, 2009, 01:50 AM »

. SHOLA ENTERPRISE CORRUPTION INDICTMENT (369 counts) (17 DEFENDANTS)

The defendants are all charged with enterprise corruption and are variously charged with second-degree criminal possession of a forged instrument, third- and fourth-degree grand larceny, third-degree attempted grand larceny, fourth-degree criminal possession of stolen property, petit larceny, attempted petit larceny, and fifth-degree conspiracy. If convicted, they each face up to 25 years in prison.
* denotes defendant is presently being sought.

NAME/ADDRESS ALLEGED ROLE
1 * Wole Ogunwen, of 187-47 Ilion Avenue, St. Albans, Queens Supplier
2 Steven Trevor Jackson, 42, of 1271 Ocean Avenue in Brooklyn Forged Document Manufacturer
3 Jones Omoyemi Osinowo, 49, of 250 East 29th Street in Brooklyn Cell Manager
4 Adebayo A. Animashaun (age and address unavailable) Cell Manager
5 Ayanwale Ganiyu, 40, of 2020 East 41st Street in Brooklyn Cell Leader
6 Kola Falabake, 36, of 345 Montgomery Street in Brooklyn Cell Leader
7 Charles Femi Adoyele, 55, of 7 Trebor Road in Massapequa, LI Cell Leader
8 Anthony O. Johnson, 40, of 120 Beach 19th Street in Far Rockaway, Queens Cell Leader/Account Preparer
9 Idaya Molake, 43, of 341 10th Street in Brooklyn. Account Preparer
10 * Abiodun A. Shotonwa, 58, of 770 New York Avenue in Brooklyn Account Preparer
11 Hassan O. Anibaba, 32, of 950 Rutland Road in Brooklyn Account Preparer
12 Obimbola Lana, 45, of 1655 Undercliff Avenue in the Bronx. Account Preparer
13 Samuel A. Adeoba (age and address unavailable) Assistant Account Preparer
14 * John Doe (a/k/a Abe) (name, age and address unavailable) Foot Solider
15 Abidemi Olajide, 50, of 1396 Flatbush Avenue in Brooklyn Foot Solider
16 * Ike Nwabuoke, 41, of Canada Foot Soldier
17 Ronan Hassoun, 38, of 2614 Quentin Road in Brooklyn Fence (for electronics)

II. SHOLA IDENTITY THEFT INDICTMENT (309 counts) (27 DEFENDANTS)

Seventeen of the individuals are those named in the Shola Enterprise Corruption indictment. Below is information on the additional 10 defendants)
The defendants are variously charged with first-, second- and third-degree identity theft, first- and third-degree attempted identity theft, third-degree unlawful possession of personal identification, third- and fourth-degree grand larceny, second- degree criminal possession of a forged instrument, fourth-degree criminal possession of stolen property, fifth-degree conspiracy, petit larceny and attempted petit larceny. If convicted, they each face up to seven years in prison.
* indicates that the defendant is presently being sought.

18 Denis Lenoid, 49, of 617 East 39th Street in Brooklyn Forged Document Manager
19 Roden Daniels Forged Document Manager
20 Fidelis Chukwuyem, 45, of 1037 East 99th Street in Brooklyn Forged Document Manager
21 Abdul Razack Yusuf, 48, of 380 Cozine Street in Brooklyn Cell Leader
22 Jide Salako, 35, of 518 West 41st Street in Los Angeles, California Cell Leader
23 Olanrewaju A. Shittu, 45, of 765 Lincoln Avenue in Brooklyn Cell Leader
24 Oladele Adeyemi, (age and address unavailable) Account Preparer
25 * Vivian Ike, 47, of 380 Cozine Street in Brooklyn Foot Soldier
26 Wole A. Lajide, 45, of Queens. Foot Soldier
27 Yetunde Peronel, 40, of 2501 Nostrand Avenue in Brooklyn Foot Soldier

III. FEMI ENTERPRISE CORRUPTION INDICTMENT (326 counts) (11 DEFENDANTS)

The defendants are all charged with enterprise corruption and are variously charged with second-degree criminal possession of a forged instrument, third- and fourth-degree grand larceny, third- and fourth-degree attempted grand larceny, fourth-degree criminal possession of stolen property, petit larceny, attempted petit larceny, and fifth-degree conspiracy. If convicted, they each face up to 25 years in prison. * indicates that the defendant is presently being sought ** indicates that the defendant is also named in either the Shola Enterprise Corruption or/and Identity Theft Indictments.

** Charles Femi Adoyele (named in Shola E.C. and I.D. Indictments) Cell Leader
** Jones Omoyemi Osinowo (named in Shola E.C. and I.D. Indictments) Cell Manager
** Adebayo A. Animashaun (named in Shola E.C. and I.D. Indictments) Supplier
28 Gaberial Goodwin, 41, of 259-51 147th Drive in Rosedale, Queens Supplier
29 * Ajibola Williams, 38, of Toronto, Canada Supplier 30 Olatunde Ashaya, 28, of 6333 North Ridge Avenue in Chicago, Illinois Supplier
** Steven Trevor Jackson (named in Shola E.C. and I.D. Indictments) Forged Document Manufacturer
** Abimbola Lana (named in Shola E.C. and I.D. Indictments) Account Preparer
31 John Adewale, 49, of 905 Rutland Road in Brooklyn Foot Soldier
** Wole A. Lajide (named in Shola I.D. Indictment) Foot Soldier
** Abidemi Olajide (named in Shola E.C. and I.D. Indictments) Foot Soldier

IV. FEMI IDENTITY THEFT INDICTMENT (297 counts) (25 DEFENDANTS)

Eleven of the defendants are those named in the Femi Enterprise Corruption indictment above. Below is information on the
additional 14 defendants.
The defendants are variously charged with first- second- and third-degree identity theft, first- and third-degree attempted identity theft, second- and third-degree unlawful possession of personal identification, third- and fourth-degree grand larceny, third-degree attempted grand larceny, second-degree criminal possession of a forged instrument, fourth-degree criminal possession of stolen property, fifth-degree conspiracy, petit larceny and attempted petit larceny. If convicted, they each face up to seven years in prison.
* indicates that the defendant is presently being sought
** indicates that the defendant is also named in either the Shola Enterprise Corruption or/and Identity Theft Indictments

32 Taiwo Adekanbi, 51, of 1035 Clarkson Avenue in Brooklyn Supplier
33 * Olayiwola Adams, 49, of 2425 Nostrand Avenue in Brooklyn Supplier
34 Jason Doyle (age and address unavailable) Supplier
35 Taye Adewale, 41, of Brooklyn Supplier
36 Israel Adeyomi, 41, of 6544 Belmar Street/Terrace in Philadelphia, PA. Supplier
** Kola Falabake (named in Shola E.C. and I.D. Indictments) Supplier
37 * Kazeem A. Atanda, 39, of 1438 Street Place in Brooklyn Supplier
38 Haffeez A. Odoffin, 31, of 8948 South Normal Avenue in Chicago, IL Supplier
39 * Tola Omotayo, 40, of 49 Crown Street in Brooklyn Supplier
40 Samuel A. Adeoba (age and address unavailable) Assistant Account Preparer
41 * Yele Kunle Akins (age and address unavailable) Foot Soldier
** Yetunde Peronel (named in Shola ID indictment) Foot Solider
42 Yussuf Amos Oladipo (age and address unavailable) works for others who used this cell to wash accounts
** Abiodun A. Shotonwa (named in Shola E.C. and I.D. Indictments) works for others who used this cell to wash accounts

V. GANIYU/RAZACK ENTERPRISE CORRUPTION INDICTMENT (92 counts) (7 DEFENDANTS)

The defendants are all charged with enterprise corruption and are variously charged with second-degree criminal possession of a forged instrument, third- and fourth-degree grand larceny, fourth- and third-degree attempted grand larceny, fourth-degree criminal possession of stolen property, petit larceny, attempted petit larceny, and fifth-degree conspiracy. If convicted, they each face up to 25 years in prison.
** indicates that the defendant is also named in either the Shola Enterprise Corruption or/and Identity Theft Indictments

** Abdul Razack Yusuf (named in Shola I.D. Indictment) cell manager
** Ayanwale Ganiyu (named in Shola E.C. Indictment) cell manager
43 Richard Nwabuisi, 40, of 525 Ellrose Court, Frederick, MD supplier
44 Hakeem B. Olokodana (age and address unavailable) supplier
** Fidelis Chukwuyem (named in Shola I.D. Indictment) forged document manufacturer
** Denis Lenoid (named in Shola I.D. Indictment) forged document manufacturer
45 Abimbola Akinrindae, 51, of 188-02 64th Avenue in Queens account preparer

VI. GANIYU/RAZACK IDENTITY THEFT INDICTMENT (105 counts) (9 DEFENDANTS)

Seven of the individuals are those named in the Ganiyu/Razack Enterprise Corruption indictment above. Below is information on the additional 2 defendants, who are also named in the Shola Identity Theft Indictment.
The defendants are variously charged with first- and second-degree identity theft, first- and third-degree attempted identity theft, third-degree unlawful possession of personal identification, third- and fourth-degree grand larceny, second-degree
criminal possession of a forged instrument, fourth-degree criminal possession of stolen property, fifth-degree conspiracy and petit larceny. If convicted, they each face up to seven years in prison.

** Roden Daniels (named in Shola I.D. Indictment) forged document manufacturer
** Vivian Ike (named in Shola I.D. Indictment) foot soldier

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bamanga Tukur Resigns As PDP Chairman / Musiwa Was Right About Kano Lol / Osun Govt. Acquires N51million Land To Build Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.