Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,062 members, 7,953,234 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:45 PM

Nigeria,lets Look Into The Future;lets Not Eat Our Tomorrow! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria,lets Look Into The Future;lets Not Eat Our Tomorrow! (1174 Views)

Now Lets Look At The People In The APC, Judging PDP / Say What? "Humans Turn Into Beasts And Eat Our Livestock" - Plateau Tourism Boss / Achebe's Civil War Memoir: Lets Not Re-open Old Wounds- Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria,lets Look Into The Future;lets Not Eat Our Tomorrow! by BAMMZ(m): 8:55pm On Jan 09, 2012
Do you think Mr Goodluck will willingly let the masses suffer?
Dont we think that fuel subsidy issue will always haunt us as usual with every new govt hence should be settled once and finally?
Dont we think the govt needs our support and together we can build nigeria?
Dont you think the same enemies of nigeria are bent on stopping this govt hence feeding us with hate for Jonathan?
Do you think there can ever be a good timing for subsidy removal,when people wil never complain?
Dont you think NLC is seeking cheap popularity ,not siting down to think of the future;how to build a future like Japan,China and india?
Can we just stop and think. The enemies of our future dont want a future for us hence the insecurity and bad image given to this govt?
Lets join hands to save our future.
Tell everyone you know,Nigeria must not die!
GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
Re: Nigeria,lets Look Into The Future;lets Not Eat Our Tomorrow! by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jan 09, 2012
It's not the removal that pisses nigerians off, but the way it was done.
If you say you are going to throw someone out a window but will cushion the effect, you have to first put the mattress outside before throwing them out.

You don't throw then out and then start [b]discussing [/b]about how to go put the mattress out while they are already free-falling.

It also doesn't help when his own personal expenditure budget, not to talk of the other useless politicians, shows no sense of sacrifice given the current cirumstances. I mean 1Billion naira just for yourself to eat in 2012? Come on cheesy

There is clearly a lack of wisdom plagueing the man, even though he might mean well.
Re: Nigeria,lets Look Into The Future;lets Not Eat Our Tomorrow! by Lasinoh: 9:05pm On Jan 09, 2012
Sounds like what Okonjo Iwaela would say.
No wonder OBJ kicked her arzzzze to the Ministry of Foreign affairs. cheesy
Re: Nigeria,lets Look Into The Future;lets Not Eat Our Tomorrow! by efisher(m): 9:06pm On Jan 09, 2012
2buff, I like your analogy. Goodluck should have provided a softer landing. I knew it was going to be really hard to adjust. I think the reason for the "sudden" removal is more than what's on the surface. GEJ and co may have been trying to protect everyone from the greedy marketers but ended up "over protecting" us.
Re: Nigeria,lets Look Into The Future;lets Not Eat Our Tomorrow! by BAMMZ(m): 10:42pm On Jan 09, 2012
All the men against subsidy would have being in suport if they were in todays govt. They are only seeking for relevance again. Mr dino, el-ruffy,etc.
pls tell them to join in building or surender as losers.
It is wel with Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria,lets Look Into The Future;lets Not Eat Our Tomorrow! by muyoto: 11:09pm On Jan 09, 2012
there is almost unanimous agreement that the subsidy had to go. it was killing the economy, we agree.

the issue, as far as I'm concerned is not even the much touted ''palliatives'' or the timing, but how transparent the utilization of the proceeds will be, given the not too encouraging spending habits of this administration.

take good look at the budjet for this year. it will give you an idea why Nigerians are skeptical
Re: Nigeria,lets Look Into The Future;lets Not Eat Our Tomorrow! by BAMMZ(m): 8:29am On Jan 10, 2012
I just wonder what type of leadership we want. If we dont trust govt to do the right thg then what wil we trust? The opposition, the u.n.o, . . . We must just giv them a chance. Trust must begin somehow and somewhere. Besides,Goodluck is also a victim of past leaders misdeeds. I trust he has good plans. God bless nigeria.
Re: Nigeria,lets Look Into The Future;lets Not Eat Our Tomorrow! by ade80: 8:40am On Jan 10, 2012
Trust is earned and this years budget does not invoke trust in people and the way gej came up saying he was cutting 25 percent of basic salaries shows that he really underestimates the intelligence of the average Nigeria. Fuel subsidy has to go, we get that but government officials have to be paid has civil servants then we will know who is really serious about serving this country.
Re: Nigeria,lets Look Into The Future;lets Not Eat Our Tomorrow! by Hardunnii(f): 8:43am On Jan 10, 2012
Why are d govt talkin like its d fuel subsidy will turn nigeria to uk?? What did yar/jona do with d excess crude reserves?? NOTHING! i still dnt get where d money is cming from since no provision is made for it in d budget
Re: Nigeria,lets Look Into The Future;lets Not Eat Our Tomorrow! by igbonla(m): 8:51am On Jan 10, 2012
BAMMZ:

I just wonder what type of leadership we want. If we dont trust govt to do the right thg then what wil we trust? The opposition, the u.n.o, . . . We must just giv them a chance. Trust must begin somehow and somewhere. Besides,Goodluck is also a victim of past leaders misdeeds. I trust he has good plans. God bless nigeria.

Very funny! Was the last election the first for you? I have been trusting and never got anything back, it is cautious trust now; I wont put so much in their hands so they don't mess up too much.
Re: Nigeria,lets Look Into The Future;lets Not Eat Our Tomorrow! by efisher(m): 9:02am On Jan 10, 2012
OP, people are more concerned about the well being of their bellies than the well being of the nation. It all points to lack of patriotism. If we are told to choose between the following:

1. FG shares 1million naira monthly to every Nigerian but no infrastructural development.
VS
2. FG increases taxes and embarks on heavy infrastructural development across the nation, plus 24hrs power supply in 2 yrs.

I bet you, even if FG is sincere about it, most Nigerians will go for option 1. Especially d man on the street today.
Re: Nigeria,lets Look Into The Future;lets Not Eat Our Tomorrow! by BAMMZ(m): 9:12am On Jan 10, 2012
I gues we'r all saying the same thing here. No mata how much we'v been failed before, we must still trust. We'r all talking of building trust,how can that be if the chance is not given. Keeping faith is what we must keep doin.we dont stoping eating food cos it choked us before neither do we stop luvin cos of a broken heart. Infact NLC shld not be trusted. They'l only make us waste time,money,lives and everythg only for them to compromise;ask Mr Oshiomole how it works. NLC leadership shld be of learned people and not touts. People who understand economics and not civil service antics,people who should advice govt and masses even before issues arise and not just wait for masses to blindly determine the course of action. Or maybe we the masses are our own problem for letting things just happen. Lets wake up and see the new dawn. Things cant continue as before,we must accept changes;positive changes.
Re: Nigeria,lets Look Into The Future;lets Not Eat Our Tomorrow! by BAMMZ(m): 12:00am On Jan 14, 2012
Just thinkin. . . . What if fgn reverses back to N65? Gues,masses wil celebrate,NLC wil laff,a good laff. Then Jona & crew wil think of plan B. But what if fgn/nlc settles above N65 to say N100. . . .what wil the masses do(keep occupying?) and how wil Nlc pass the message? Just thinking.
Re: Nigeria,lets Look Into The Future;lets Not Eat Our Tomorrow! by aninibinladen1(m): 12:06am On Jan 14, 2012
oga BAMMZ,which one come be looking future? make we chop wetin we gas chop now?future no guarantee anibodi.
Re: Nigeria,lets Look Into The Future;lets Not Eat Our Tomorrow! by BAMMZ(m): 12:24am On Jan 14, 2012
Stil thinking. . . Why is Jona singled out as the enemy of the masses? What of our governors who had called for subsidy removal long ago and stil do? What of legislators who must have known bout this and even aproved the budget which made no subsidy provision? I think the masses should redirect their protest to the govs,reps and senators. Infact somebody needs to apologise to Mr President,atleast he acted ön the concurence of our direct representatives. . .
Re: Nigeria,lets Look Into The Future;lets Not Eat Our Tomorrow! by BAMMZ(m): 12:31am On Jan 14, 2012
. . .and some people dont need to talk on this issue becos we know their stance if they were in this govt. El-rufai would have confronted the protesters on the street if he were a minister today. Same 4 Fani kayode e.t.c - LOSERS Inc!
Re: Nigeria,lets Look Into The Future;lets Not Eat Our Tomorrow! by Nobody: 12:40am On Jan 14, 2012
2buff:

It's not the removal that pisses nigerians off, but the way it was done.
If you say you are going to throw someone out a window but will cushion the effect, you have to first put the mattress outside before throwing them out.

You don't throw then out and then start [b]discussing [/b]about how to go put the mattress out while they are already free-falling.

True!

efisher:

GEJ and co may have been trying to protect everyone from the greedy marketers but ended up "over protecting" us.

Sure, whatever. Maybe He shouldn't have pushed us out of the window to begin with?!

"Over Protecting" us by eating N1billion food while 80% starve, abi?

Lmao. I don't think you understand what is going on. The longer this drags on, and the angrier people get, the more eager they'll yearn for blood. If you don't know who Benitto Mussolinni, Samuel Doe, Saddam Hussein and Muamur Ghadaffi are, I suggest you put Google to work and have your International Passport within arms reach because if this stretches into next week even your bosses will flee dodge, then, who's going to pay you for all the rubbish you spew on here?
Re: Nigeria,lets Look Into The Future;lets Not Eat Our Tomorrow! by mbulela: 12:52am On Jan 14, 2012
BAMMZ:

I gues we'r all saying the same thing here. No mata how much we'v been failed before, we must still trust. We'r all talking of building trust,how can that be if the chance is not given. Keeping faith is what we must keep doin.we dont stoping eating food cos it choked us before neither do we stop luvin cos of a broken heart. Infact NLC shld not be trusted. They'l only make us waste time,money,lives and everythg only for them to compromise;ask Mr Oshiomole how it works. NLC leadership shld be of learned people and not touts. People who understand economics and not civil service antics,people who should advice govt and masses even before issues arise and not just wait for masses to blindly determine the course of action. Or maybe we the masses are our own problem for letting things just happen. Lets wake up and see the new dawn. Things cant continue as before,we must accept changes;positive changes.

We are not saying the same thing.
This fuel subsidy thing is just a rallying point. folks are not protesting about fuel subsidy per se. we are protesting an insensitive govt that has eaten our present and is about swallowing our future. a govt that has presided over waste and gluttonous consumption of our commonwealth.
you don't earn trust by the sort of silly items i see in the 2012 budget. take a look at a few pointers below, take a deep breath and come back to tell me why this govt deserves trust. Like i said earlier, this fuel subsidy thing is not firstly an economic issue, it is more of a moral thing. for a govt with such items on its budget to be talking of subsidy removal and trust is immoral and ungodly.

[b]A review of the budget provisions of 21 out of 50 Ministries, Departments and Agencies revealed the following amounts for some recurrent and capital expenditure items:

· Travel – local and international – N13B

·Stationery, Magazines, Newspapers, etc – N 4.5B

·Maintenance of vehicles, furniture, etc – N17B

·Training – N5B

· Fuel and Lubricants for cars, generators, etc – N4B

· Miscellaneous: welfare packages, refreshments, meals, etc – N9B

· Acquisition of Computer Software – N2.5B

· Research and Development: whatever that means! – N27B

- The actual provisions in the budget would be at least twice these amounts, and total about N160B of waste. This amount is equal to the amount budgeted for the power sector!

- Some examples of some of the wasteful spending under ‘Research & Development ’are N2.498B for ‘citizens call centres’ under the Ministry of Communications & Technology, N1.2B in the Ministry of Agriculture to incorporate commodity marketing companies! The Ministry of Foreign Affairs wants to spend N322 million to acquire ‘computer software’. This is very expensive software indeed!

- A lot has already been written about the budgets in the Presidency. The following are some weird examples of what has been included in the State House (Villa) budget:

-Overhead is about N7.2B, or about N20 million per day to keep our President and VP happy. Their local travel budget is N724 million or N2 million per day, including weekends, while their international travel budget ix N951 million or nearly N3 million per day.

- The president’s office has N285 million to hand out as ‘welfare package’, N265 million to buy computers, N150 million to buy scanners, N161 million for buses, N295 million for new furniture, and N1.8B to ‘maintain existing furniture, office and residential quarters’.

- The intend to buy desktops for N300,000 each, laptops for N314,000 each and scanners for a whopping N190,000. The public address system in the President, VP’s office and Banquet Hall will cost N150 million! The SGF wants to spend N65 million on tree planting. Note that planting a million trees in Abuja over 4 years cost the FCT Administration less than N50 million then!

[/b]
Re: Nigeria,lets Look Into The Future;lets Not Eat Our Tomorrow! by queensmith: 12:56am On Jan 14, 2012
try telling them that next time they want to vote in old expired failed governors of horrific looking states! kmt
Re: Nigeria,lets Look Into The Future;lets Not Eat Our Tomorrow! by mbulela: 12:58am On Jan 14, 2012
BAMMZ:

. . .and some people dont need to talk on this issue becos we know their stance if they were in this govt. El-rufai would have confronted the protesters on the street if he were a minister today. Same 4 Fani kayode e.t.c - LOSERS Inc!
gbam!!
Re: Nigeria,lets Look Into The Future;lets Not Eat Our Tomorrow! by mbulela: 1:03am On Jan 14, 2012
BAMMZ:

Just thinkin. . . . What if fgn reverses back to N65? Gues,masses wil celebrate,NLC wil laff,a good laff. Then Jona & crew wil think of plan B. But what if fgn/nlc settles above N65 to say N100. . . .what wil the masses do(keep occupying?) and how wil Nlc pass the message? Just thinking.
funny enough, that is the cross labour is bearing now. anything short of 65 naira will be a failure.
i guess they can reach an agreement on staggered removal or complete removal at a later date with agreement on palliative measures.
more importantly, if labour do not get concessions on the cost of governance,with or without 65 naira the OCCUPY thing has failed.
this bazaar of the absurd called a democratic govt cannot just continue unabated. GEJ must take drastic steps to tighten his and his lackeys belt else there might be no announcement prior to the next civil unrest. it will be sudden and great like a might rushing wind.
Re: Nigeria,lets Look Into The Future;lets Not Eat Our Tomorrow! by afroxyz: 3:39am On Jan 14, 2012
If we don't fight now, we would be cursed by our children. They have eaten our fruits, they now want to attack the fruits meant for our children. http://nubianscripts..com/2012/01/our-fathers-have-failed-us-but-our.html

(1) (Reply)

Why SE People Are Not Really Interested In Oil Protest (imo) / So How Much in Fuel Subsidy Will Be Paid Now? / Blast In Jos: Christian Youths Lynch Two Muslim Okada Riders To Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.