Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,169 members, 7,821,964 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

2 Whiz Web Developer Wanted For 3 Months Contract Job. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 2 Whiz Web Developer Wanted For 3 Months Contract Job. (1260 Views)

How To Be A Successful Web-developer / On Kasuwa And Iroko TV And Talent War For Nigerian IT Whiz Kids / Contract Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2 Whiz Web Developer Wanted For 3 Months Contract Job. by HTTPHP: 11:02pm On Jan 09, 2012
2 whiz web developers needed for a 3 months contract job.
Job Location : Lagos Mainland
Salary is very attractive

Job Description :
> Would be upgrading / creating a new  software exhibition website such that people can pay and download any of the softwares from the website.
> Would be creating a new social networking site with features like facebook.
> Would be creating a new mailing site where users can send and receive mails from any mailing site with features like yahoo mail.
> Would be creating a new forum site with features like Nairaland
> Would be creating a sport dedicated website also.
> Would be creating an article viewing and uploading website.

It promises to be a very very interesting job with other long term benefits.
Interested Web designers should send a mail describing yourself, your specific field in web
designing, your preferred web designing tool, your salary expectation and other terms to httpvision@yahoo.com or send your details via text to 08029669617.

This advert expires on Sunday, January 15th, 2012.
Re: 2 Whiz Web Developer Wanted For 3 Months Contract Job. by Nobody: 7:58am On Jan 10, 2012
Oya boys apply, what are you waiting for?
I can't apply because I find it a bit complicated, ave grown somewhat lazy these days. .
Re: 2 Whiz Web Developer Wanted For 3 Months Contract Job. by Nobody: 12:18am On Jan 11, 2012
Re: 2 Whiz Web Developer Wanted For 3 Months Contract Job. by Nobody: 5:06am On Jan 11, 2012
This is one trend I see only on the nairaland webmasters board. I still don't get it - don't tell me you aint got calling credit.
Re: 2 Whiz Web Developer Wanted For 3 Months Contract Job. by DualCore1: 6:37am On Jan 11, 2012
Its annoying really, it happens every time. Its either pride, laziness or a wrong mindset.
Re: 2 Whiz Web Developer Wanted For 3 Months Contract Job. by binkabir(m): 8:14am On Jan 11, 2012
i see,
Dual Core:

Its annoying really, it happens every time. Its either pride, laziness or a wrong mindset.

to the poster: Jobs like this can hardly be finished in 3 month to perfection (including testing and debugging and quality assurance test).
if you're sure of that is what you are looking for, then build either a framework or looking for dedicated programmer will be best for you. because i believe the job
is a continues thing (in terms of maintenance )
Re: 2 Whiz Web Developer Wanted For 3 Months Contract Job. by HTTPHP: 9:16am On Jan 11, 2012
@ binkabir, thanks a lot for the input.

Dis projeect have been around for more than a year now but we've been having problems with web developers.

2 web developers have handled the project and yet we have nothing 2 show for it, cos they
are not sincere, those guys collect too much job than they can handle and even get involved in other things travelling here and there, at the end they come up with stories after they've
been paid a handsome amount as advance.

So we decided to stop giving the job out but employing someone inhouse for more concentration on the job. I agree that 3 months might not be enough but we are ready to extend the duration depending on the web developer.

If we are lucky to get a sincere, talented, gifted dedicated web developer this time, maybe we can contract the job out again, but like u said, the web developer(s) must be dedicated to this project and deliver as expected.

Thanks.
Re: 2 Whiz Web Developer Wanted For 3 Months Contract Job. by Nobody: 10:35am On Jan 11, 2012
I have the skill ton single-handedly do everything - but it is not feasbile. When you said 2 developers, not posible.
Re: 2 Whiz Web Developer Wanted For 3 Months Contract Job. by binkabir(m): 10:56am On Jan 11, 2012
@ HTTPHP, one question please. ARE YOU A DEVELOPER?
if yes, then the best way to do it is to have the project divided into modules then you can hand over to different developer(s) which each module
should have an API interface that will be communicating with the rest modules app API.
this can take some time to get right but that is how projects like LINUX, WINDOWs operation system are developed.
through any of the distribution version control engines (e.g SVN, git).

if you are not a developer then the situation is more complex, because u cannot find out if the person u hire is a copy and paste developer or a talented and awesome developer.
if at end you find a person that suit the project u can send me a mail so that we have a very simple online test to be sure that you are going in the rite direction and the rite person is the pilot.
cheers
Re: 2 Whiz Web Developer Wanted For 3 Months Contract Job. by DualCore1: 12:19pm On Jan 11, 2012
Post your projects on freelancer.com and screen the bidders well before choosing the right person for the job. Knock off the duration thing as this isn't a build and go project. The different applications you want to come up with require a fulltime employment.
Re: 2 Whiz Web Developer Wanted For 3 Months Contract Job. by HTTPHP: 12:41pm On Jan 11, 2012
@ binkabir, I am not a web developer but a programmer, you are perfectly right about my competence identifying a talented deveeloper. The last developer was the closest to what I wanted, he is very talented in customising open source softwares, he customised thee social networking section to function exactly like facebook, also customised the forum section to function like nairaland, even better but he started having problems with some clients and have gone into hiding since then.
How about you helping me by recommending talented and sincere web developers to me, I would rely on your recommendations.

@ Dual core, thanks a lot for that insight, I would do that right away but I would be hoping to get a developer who stays in the country. My shortcoming with freelancer.com is most of their gurus are europeans and I don't think I can monitor or trust a developer from outside the continent.

Thanks.l
Re: 2 Whiz Web Developer Wanted For 3 Months Contract Job. by binkabir(m): 2:11pm On Jan 11, 2012
@ HTTPHP. thank your God that d last developer did not complete the job.
customising application is really not a good concept if you hope to have a your app in a good condition in terms of maintenance, performance and productivity.
and that is why he is hiding (because their is a link to how one can twinkle the algorithm of the app).

best is to use a framework e.g yiiframework, fuelphp, cakephp or any of your choice.
they all have a lot of pre built components and modules that can make it easy to build up.

i think you should prioritize the application into stages/segments based on importance and complexity, the most complex should come last.
find the web developer to start for the least putting in mind that the application will expand as the developing continue.
Re: 2 Whiz Web Developer Wanted For 3 Months Contract Job. by DualCore1: 4:17pm On Jan 11, 2012
HTTPHP:

@ Dual core, thanks a lot for that insight, I would do that right away but I would be hoping to get a developer who stays in the country. My shortcoming with freelancer.com is most of their gurus are europeans and I don't think I can monitor or trust a developer from outside the continent.

Thanks.l
Freelancer has a tool you can use to monitor people. I have a fulltime job as a php developer from freelancer and I work 5am-2pm daily. I don't use the tool but I send daily reports to the employer.

Its possible for you to get other people like that there. Monthly salary for that kind of job there is minimum of 1,500 usd and max of 3,000 usd per month. (9 hours a day, 6 days a week).

Why I recommend freelancer.com is because serious developers there do not play with their employer reviews so the try as much as possible to deliver. Also, there is the escrow system so if a developer doesn't work well you don't pay.

I don't think you'll get anyone from here that is good and has time for this (most people who say they are developers are content with the average Nigerian employer request which is to build a 5-page site or a CMS company brochure site. . . or a bulk sms site or a wedding site. No avenue to learn anything new and this is annoyingly pathetic).

If you insist on getting a Nigerian, try the Nairaland user Ogzille (bestvalueproviders.com). He's good and I haven't seen him run away from any project.

Try *dhtml also. He is the best coder I have seen here but he doesnt even have all the time time for his bandwidth sapping .net and your site may end up shouting "Caramba! Login Invalido Senorita".
Re: 2 Whiz Web Developer Wanted For 3 Months Contract Job. by visalat(m): 4:46pm On Jan 11, 2012
Three months is enough if you net bean your projects and not notepading, What sort of project? or app?
If that it is a web server app or a multifunctional mail server then is good to have two developers but if it is an app using api interface,betting scripts,gaming scripts then is good.
Re: 2 Whiz Web Developer Wanted For 3 Months Contract Job. by visalat(m): 5:00pm On Jan 11, 2012
Please specify the exact app you want and i ll get back to you, while i just posted my contacts earlier was cos am recently working on a gaming script which will be due by 15th of january so i wouldn't want to involve in sth i cant deliver in time, Nigerian developers are good but the problem is that people would want to offer you a small payment to build an app that will make him millions, I will and can deliver on time,

http://1khosting.net
Re: 2 Whiz Web Developer Wanted For 3 Months Contract Job. by iGuru1(m): 6:07pm On Jan 11, 2012
@op, you can count on me for the design part.
Re: 2 Whiz Web Developer Wanted For 3 Months Contract Job. by HTTPHP: 7:58pm On Jan 11, 2012
@binkabir : you would be most useful as part of my team and i am looking forward to how you can help in the analysis and execution of this project. please send me a mail so that i can contact you directly.

@Dualcore : thumbs up ! Thanks a bunch, the guy (bestvalueproviders.com) have contacted me but i;m still not convinced with his references, still hanging on though cos his architectures are superb.

@Visalat : the types of app is what i enumerated in my first post, if you can do what i listed, then you can handle the projects, the only thing left though is the designs and we can fix that up.

@i-Guru : Designs of the app is a major part and i would let you know when i get a competent web developer who can handle the functionality.
Re: 2 Whiz Web Developer Wanted For 3 Months Contract Job. by Nobody: 9:55am On Jan 12, 2012
Thanks dual core, u said my mind precisely. This year am going to do only projects that are not complicated - my site is zapping my programming bandwidth self.
If this project is split into modules, I can handle a chunk of it, but if someone is expecting me to code everything? Even if na 1 trillion self, please count me out - I know it sounds funny, but am serious.
Re: 2 Whiz Web Developer Wanted For 3 Months Contract Job. by ogzille(m): 10:14am On Jan 12, 2012
@HTTPHP, though you did not acknowledge my text message, i cannot remember sending any reference.

@Dhtml, definitely the project must be broken down into meaningful chunks, to get it done properly.

@Dual Core, yeah, challenges spice up life.
Re: 2 Whiz Web Developer Wanted For 3 Months Contract Job. by binkabir(m): 10:31am On Jan 12, 2012
@dhtml. now you know a man can not make a forest. grin grin complicated job a pain sticking
and that is why i always wish to have a group of good developer that we can be developing "IN THE CLOUD (cloud developing)".

i know it will take some time to win the confidence of guys but that is the only way developers can be recognized in this part of the world.
I am really and fully ready to start, what about you?

(1) (Reply)

How Can One Change Or Alter IP Address? / Free Cloud Storage Back-up In Nigeria. / Post To Numerous Facebook Groups At Once

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.