Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,890 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

Oil Subsidy Removal:my Plea - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil Subsidy Removal:my Plea (857 Views)

No Genuine Reason To Remove Oil Subsidy Yet–buhari / Oil Subsidy Removal, Booby Trap For Buhari – Bamidele / My Plea For Forgiveness Not Cowardice - Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Oil Subsidy Removal:my Plea by jollymizzle(m): 10:32am On Jan 10, 2012
This issue has brought education,enlightenment to many pple including myself.the policy to remove subsidy has it's gains(which as of this oment i think should be regarded as potential gain,as it's nt available yet) such as development of infrastructure,agriculture,education sector,power,health sector,oil sector and so many others,but then i has so many disadvantages alo such as,increase in transport fares,healthcare,higher cost of services,higher cost of goods,loss of jobs,etc.in nigeria,over 50% live on less than N150 a day.if most of us cant afford living pre-subsidy removal,than how can we expect us to continue living after the removal of subsidy?the palliatives(just buses) announced by the FG so far can have little or no effect(1600 buses roughly 2 for each LG).the major gains(if corruption is removed n it hasn't because last i heard we still have cabals) of the policy.ie power,refineries,education,wont take less than 5yrs(because you cant build a refinery,dam,schools in a day).If this plan eventually goes through,i belive i'd survive d effects.as of this moment FG is sayin we have oil cabals,how can we be sure that we wont have subsidy removal cabals,refinery cabals,power cabals also?.but i want 2 appeal 2 all nigerians(tribalism aside)that we should think of the people that wont survive this,the children who wont go to school,the sick who wont be able 2 afford healthcare.due to this policy.pls i'm begging us.as rome wasn't built in a day.i bliv no matter how good a milestone is,we shudn't try 2 achieve it in 10yrs if it should take a 100yrs.the fact is no policy can fix 30 years of neglect and corruption in 3years.it takes more time to build than it takes to destroy.the promise of infrastructue is no enough to ask your neighbour who cant afford three sqr meals to bear the risk of a policy that might not work.The US is 10 times richer than China,it has all the infrastructure you can think of and still you have unemployment & etc.pls think of your neighbour who wont survive this.put yourselves in their shoes.we are all humans,no one wants 2 suffer.
i'm in support of an increase of not more than 30% /year.becaus the fact is that it's necessary.i agree we should all make sacrifices for a better nation but dear God not human sacrifices.no Government should subject it's people 2 over a 100% rise in cost of living.i'll appreciate comments on this topic.

ps:btw i'm proud of nigerians who stood side by side regardless of ehtnicity and religion in peaceful protests.God bless Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

29 Ships Trapped As Lagos Ports Remain Shut / Organized Private Sector/naccima Call On Nlc/tuc To Call Off Strike / Is Ibb (islamic Barbaric Bomb) Really Behind Boko Haram?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.