Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,804 members, 7,855,394 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 07:49 PM

Abia State Gov. Orders Civil Servants To Return To Work - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia State Gov. Orders Civil Servants To Return To Work (8093 Views)

Cross-River Deputy-Gov Orders Wife To Kneel Down And Apologize To His Aide. / Lagos Civil Servants To Work On Saturdays- Fashola / Breaking News: Supreme Court Sacks Kebbi Gov, Orders Fresh Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abia State Gov. Orders Civil Servants To Return To Work by donnelly(m): 12:59pm On Jan 10, 2012
y2kaustin:

@okparaigbo, what are you guys doing about your compatriots being slaughter like livestock by boko harams?
We are not doing any thing but on our kneel. God almighty will fight that battle for us.
Re: Abia State Gov. Orders Civil Servants To Return To Work by ceejayluv(m): 1:01pm On Jan 10, 2012
y2kaustin:

@okparaigbo, what are you guys doing about your compatriots being slaughter like livestock by boko harams?

if we decide to go the 1967 way, are you not gonna fight us again? How will protests solve the Boko Haram menace? The only solution is to pick up arms and wipe those bastards out.
Re: Abia State Gov. Orders Civil Servants To Return To Work by y2kaustin(m): 1:05pm On Jan 10, 2012
@ceejayluv, what are you waiting for?pick up your own arms and sound the Clarion call for your compatriots to follow eyimba eyin! cheesy
Re: Abia State Gov. Orders Civil Servants To Return To Work by chiomen: 1:10pm On Jan 10, 2012
Well, the Abia government has supported the federal government on subsidy and that is why the governor has ordered the return of civil servants back to work.
This is a welcome development. I wish all south-south and south-east governors will follow suite.
Re: Abia State Gov. Orders Civil Servants To Return To Work by asha80(m): 1:11pm On Jan 10, 2012
you guys talk as if other governors in the country do not support susbsidy removal.
Re: Abia State Gov. Orders Civil Servants To Return To Work by hohafrank(m): 1:25pm On Jan 10, 2012
maybe orji has paid the difference of 75 naira of the subside for the civil servants in Abia state.otherwise he is worse than hausa goat.
Re: Abia State Gov. Orders Civil Servants To Return To Work by ceejayluv(m): 1:27pm On Jan 10, 2012
y2kaustin:

@ceejayluv, what are you waiting for?pick up your own arms and sound the Clarion call for your compatriots to follow eyimba eyin! cheesy
i saw my former maigard in owerri yesterday, he has totally changed his dressing to camouflage as a southerner. The other northerners are hiding in the army barracks. We are not aggressors but they knew what fate would befall them if they walked freely while d killings ar goin on in d north.
P.S. I can bet with my 'last card' that Fashola supports the subsidy removal
Re: Abia State Gov. Orders Civil Servants To Return To Work by asha80(m): 1:30pm On Jan 10, 2012
ceejayluv:

i saw my former maigard in owerri yesterday, he has totally changed his dressing to camouflage as a southerner. The other northerners are hiding in the army barracks. We are not aggressors but they knew what fate would befall them if they walked freely while d killings ar goin on in d north.

of course he does.i have not seen any governor that says otherwise.
Re: Abia State Gov. Orders Civil Servants To Return To Work by studyineu: 1:39pm On Jan 10, 2012
That's where T.A Orji will be fast to act inorder to gain favours. Help me ask Mr. TA orji to name a particular Road that is Good in aba. He is not working even the ariaria internation market that is generating revenues for abia state does not have a single good entrances. Coming to aba during rainy season be ready to swim in swamps. These Man should not be talking when real men are talking. I pity people living in Aba.
Re: Abia State Gov. Orders Civil Servants To Return To Work by studyineu: 1:51pm On Jan 10, 2012
Of a truth, I support Fuel subsidy removal cause we aint going anywhere with it. And I have come to understand that is only the northners and some yourbas that are against subsidy removal cause of what they gain from it. Now why didn't they protest against Boko Haram??. Cause all northners are members of Boko Haram. Last week, we went round de state on intelligence issues but we couldn't find one hausa man. All of dem don run cause de knows that the igbo man is slow to act but when he acts the repercussions can't be forgotten in years. Moreover the igbos has our hands full at the moment with the death of our HERO. After his burial Nigeria will hear from us.
Re: Abia State Gov. Orders Civil Servants To Return To Work by manny4life(m): 2:01pm On Jan 10, 2012
ceejayluv:

You're still betting your last card? Did you not read the speech they released three days ago? As usual always seating on the fence. Here is the speech, read and deduct what you can, I'm sure that speech has an indirect message.

The governors elected on the platform of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) met on Saturday, 7 January, 2012 at Lagos House, Marina, Lagos.
The meeting deliberated on the recent removal of fuel subsidy by the Federal Government. Four Governors were in attendance: Mr. Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN), Lagos, Dr. Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola of Osun, and Senator Ibikunle Amosun FCA of Ogun.

Two governors, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole of Edo and Senator Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo were unavoidably absent.
The governors who attended the meeting resolved as follows:
“That the responsibility for managing the nation’s petroleum resources is that of the Federal Government
“That the pre-occupation of ACN as a party and its governors is the welfare and security of our people
“Our party has already expressed its reservation about the recent policy of the Federal Government regarding fuel subsidy, particularly its sudden implementation. We fully associate ourselves with the position of our party

” In our view, the debate on the fuel subsidy is a narrow one. Subsidy is a financial and economic tool, not an end in itself. We are more concerned about the totality of the economy. For this reason, it is imperative to immediately implement the long-standing demand for fiscal federalism.
“The first step in this direction is the immediate review of the lopsided revenue allocation formula.

“Our commitment to the welfare of our people remains irrevocable despite the challenging global and local economic situations. We are also unwavering in our commitment to the deepening of democracy and the enhancement of peace and security in our dear country, as necessary conditions for the successful implementation of life enhancing economic policies and programmes that enjoy the support of our people, and reduce the burden on them.
” In the meantime, we enjoin our people to show restraint and eschew violence even as they exercise their constitutional rights.”

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/01/07/acn-govs-declare-position-on-subsidy/
Re: Abia State Gov. Orders Civil Servants To Return To Work by asha80(m): 2:07pm On Jan 10, 2012
ekiti state governor has already bought buses to cushion the effects of subsidy removal.
Re: Abia State Gov. Orders Civil Servants To Return To Work by ceejayluv(m): 2:09pm On Jan 10, 2012
@Manny4life, Thanks for the details. I only read earlier on that ACN  governors are backing the masses. Now, i'm enlightened.
Re: Abia State Gov. Orders Civil Servants To Return To Work by chiomen: 2:14pm On Jan 10, 2012
thejurist:

the government position is for the interest of the people, abia house endorsed fuel subsidy removal. igbos are killed no protest, let the yorubas and others lead the struggle after all the igbos started this in 1967 and the rest were against us. i beg igbos to be mindful before embarking on protest cos others might sell out as usual and leave us to suffer the implications

@thejurist, i agree with you, This strike action is not the best for us rit now. Southerners are being killed in the north for an unjust course, while others are on the streets agitating for the removal of oil subsidy, Abians are calm and now the governor has ordered that workers should return to work. This is really ok with me. Long live Abia state
Re: Abia State Gov. Orders Civil Servants To Return To Work by andrew24: 2:48pm On Jan 10, 2012
Good decision
Re: Abia State Gov. Orders Civil Servants To Return To Work by librangyps(f): 2:57pm On Jan 10, 2012
Igbo better steer clear of these protests cos the two faced-eye service Yoruba pple and their aboki counterparts cannot b trusted, Let em lead d protests while we watch on cable, Kudos to Orji.
Re: Abia State Gov. Orders Civil Servants To Return To Work by najoke: 3:03pm On Jan 10, 2012
y2kaustin:

the worst governor ever produce form that part of the country, shame!!

End of story.

Mr Gofnor, our fingers are crossed, he who laugh last,laugh loudest
Re: Abia State Gov. Orders Civil Servants To Return To Work by najoke: 3:26pm On Jan 10, 2012
librangyps:

Igbo better steer clear of these protests cos the two faced-eye service Yoruba pple and their aboki counterparts cannot b trusted, Let em lead d protests while we watch on cable, Kudos to Orji.

Typical.

Just like the Yoruba were in the forefront clamoring for independence from the colonial masters, dey are now in the forefront again.

Go on, hide as usual,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,na today.
Re: Abia State Gov. Orders Civil Servants To Return To Work by najoke: 3:34pm On Jan 10, 2012
For those of you who believe this protest is all about the YORUBAS!!!

see link below
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-843129.0.html
Re: Abia State Gov. Orders Civil Servants To Return To Work by librangyps(f): 3:51pm On Jan 10, 2012
I'm not disputing the fact that the government is looting us, I just want the igbos to b careful out ther and not become sacrificial lambs as before,
Re: Abia State Gov. Orders Civil Servants To Return To Work by guonno: 4:11pm On Jan 10, 2012
Let the igbos be wise, they should sit and watch them nigerians being shot by police. Lets think of how to stop the killing of christians that the igbos comprise most. I think three more of them protesters died today. Those of u protesting alongside yorubas, be carefull because a typical yoruba man go use una take block bullet O! U better protest alongside hausa than yoruba, because hausa no be sabo. Just joking.
Re: Abia State Gov. Orders Civil Servants To Return To Work by librangyps(f): 4:19pm On Jan 10, 2012
@Na-joke, ofcourse, fore front my back side, Go and study ur history, Biafran wasn't sposed to be a bianfran war frm the start, It was sposed to b us and the oduduwa pple wareva, But wat did we get at d end of the day, Pushed to d front and betrayed, Once bitten, frice shy, Ω̴̩̩̩̥α joke I dey
Re: Abia State Gov. Orders Civil Servants To Return To Work by Cupidkc(m): 5:08pm On Jan 10, 2012
What a shame, the same he g, oat that sacked all non indigens in his state is now making mouth. Well guess he wants to be noticed.

, mtcheew,
Re: Abia State Gov. Orders Civil Servants To Return To Work by maasoap(m): 5:10pm On Jan 10, 2012
Just first generation after Biafara war and you people have been having amnesia and can't recall what you caused yourselves. Biafara was your country and not Yoruba country. Were Yorubas part of your decision/resolution to have Biafara? No! Were Yorubas supposed to allow you capture their land? Then why were you expecting us help you? Once beating, twice shy. Biafara=Dream.
Re: Abia State Gov. Orders Civil Servants To Return To Work by dayokanu(m): 5:13pm On Jan 10, 2012
Why are we not surprised?

isnt that the same place where legenadary saboteurs like Arthur Nzeribe, Uche Chukwumerije and Daniel kanu came from?
Re: Abia State Gov. Orders Civil Servants To Return To Work by librangyps(f): 5:15pm On Jan 10, 2012
Dnt try to twist my words by ur ignorance, I know what I know, Leave it at that, Protest all u want, Die for nothing, :p
Re: Abia State Gov. Orders Civil Servants To Return To Work by afroxyz: 5:27pm On Jan 10, 2012
Where were ur elders when the nationalist cause and push 4 independence was been fought for? Was it not awolowo that entrenched ethnicism when he single handedly prevented azikiwe from winning in the western house of parliament? And who were the sabotuers when the civil war which started as a revolution to cleanse corrupt politicians from the nigerian polity? U better get ur facts right b4 coming here to expose ur deeply entrenched ignorance. Apa amu
Re: Abia State Gov. Orders Civil Servants To Return To Work by afroxyz: 5:34pm On Jan 10, 2012
@librangyps: plz can u name an igbo man that is in the cabal? Who wanted to twist the constituion in his favour for the third term? Who erected 3 toll gates in a single road and cajoled the pple to pay for 30yrs? U are just blinded by tribal sentiments. Everyone knows yorubas are cowards and cheats. Ewu
Re: Abia State Gov. Orders Civil Servants To Return To Work by dayokanu(m): 5:41pm On Jan 10, 2012
Tribalism was entrenched in Nigeria by the Ibo soldiers who killed other reginal leaders and spared theirs

Nzeribe, Chukwumerije, Daniel Kanu, we know where they are from.
Re: Abia State Gov. Orders Civil Servants To Return To Work by deotelan(m): 5:51pm On Jan 10, 2012
Igbo's without any apologgy possess a Boastful messy but rather basterdised igocentric approach to life and that's why they suffer till date and have been sidelined in Nigeria politics, why would a Governor think his own state affairs is larger than the countries plight if not that he is suffering from abject deteriorative psychosis, and here are we, seeing all other able deterent foolish igbo follower giving their braindrainned Governor Orgy a thumbs up, SMFH, I rather than not enjoy igbo to continue to be trampled upon and treated as 3rd class citizens in Nigeria cuz of their ways and attitudes cuz if given too much opportunity and upper hand in Nigeria they would mess things up the more, Even within themselves they still exhibit their poor stinking attitude so I'm never suprised if Orgy or whatever can't behave maturely in the face of a sensitive National issue as what we face presently in Nigeria! Igbos u stink!
Re: Abia State Gov. Orders Civil Servants To Return To Work by otokx(m): 6:19pm On Jan 10, 2012
If you are already working as some people alleged then why should the government ask people to work again?
Re: Abia State Gov. Orders Civil Servants To Return To Work by buty: 6:43pm On Jan 10, 2012
I dnt understand nigerians, we ar talking abt policy dat will affect our lives positively or negatively and nigerians lives dat hav been lost, u guys ar here talkin abt tribalism. Its a shame dat every topic here must boil down to igbos, yorubas and hausa hatin demselves.pls let's stop hating and see hw we can go forward as one. God bleSs Nigeria!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

15 Die As Rainstorm Wreaks Havoc In Lagos / Muslim-Muslim Ticket: APC Pledges All-inclusive Government / Agha-Mba: Soludo Serious About Plan To Raise 1,000 Youth Millionaires Annualy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.